IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

That was what 20 years ago?  It belongs in the ancient history folder.

Also this is the Harry and Meghan thread.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I just read a British publication that said Meghan stayed in London.

Yeah i saw that.  I am sure it was better that way, less of a crowd.  I wonder if they will stay for the funeral.

Maybe Harry will stay and Meghan can fly home to be with the children.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, viii said:

And since nothing changed, they have automatically become HRH Prince Archie and HRH Princess Lilibet today. 

And yet that means nothing to them. It's the grownups who care about such things. Children are so wise.

54 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Harry needs to stay.

Period. End of. 

I don’t doubt that he will be there for the funeral.  He came for Phillip’s in mid pandemic.  What I was wondering is about the 9 or 10 days to the funeral.  I could see them flying back to LA (because they are rich and can afford it) and then returning for a couple of days.  I could see Meghan wanting to go back to be with the children.  But maybe someone will bring the kids to the Uk.  We’ll see.

• Upvote 4

On 9/6/2022 at 11:36 AM, SoSoNosy said:

She grabbed my attention when she showed up at Westminster Abbey wrapped from head to foot in bright green; she also knew exactly where every single camera was, and made a point of smiling directly into each one.

Smiling into a camera is a terrible thing. It shows she's ambitious, yuck! 

Though I learned from Archetypes that some people think ambition is a good thing in a woman. Ambition is not just for men!

Wearing green is also bad. It shows that she. . . . likes green. 

Please share more terrible things Meghan did. Though to be honest, does it get worse than smiling into a camera? Probably not.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 3
  • Fuck You 3

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

She gave up her place at her first-choice college when it was revealed that William was going to St. Andrews.

She quickly applied to St. Andrews herself.

She took a gap year so she'd enter St. Andrews at the same time as Wills.

She chose a major in the same department.

She modified an outfit she was supposed to model, to be more "eye-catching," when she knew he was in the audience.After graduation, she didn't work so she was constantly available to go on holiday with him. 

Yes, I think she was ready, quite ready, "to live with all the scrutiny and restrictions."

(William, in contrast, said  he didn't want to be pressured to the altar, since he'd watched his parents marriage crumble.)

Actually, the way university admissions work in the UK doesn’t allow the last minute change she’s been accused of making. She would have had to accept a place at St Andrew’s well before William’s university choice was announced. It’s not at all like the American system. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Harry needs to stay.

Period. End of. 

I think Harry will do what's best for his family. Funerals are for the living, after all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I just read this morning that the Sussexes will be staying in England until the funeral.  No word about the children, but they’re probably staying in California.  

It must be very hard for him that he got to the Queen’s bedside too late to say goodbye.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

She gave up her place at her first-choice college when it was revealed that William was going to St. Andrews.

She quickly applied to St. Andrews herself.

She took a gap year so she'd enter St. Andrews at the same time as Wills.

She chose a major in the same department.

She modified an outfit she was supposed to model, to be more "eye-catching," when she knew he was in the audience.After graduation, she didn't work so she was constantly available to go on holiday with him. 

Yes, I think she was ready, quite ready, "to live with all the scrutiny and restrictions."

(William, in contrast, said  he didn't want to be pressured to the altar, since he'd watched his parents marriage crumble.)

As @louisa05 and I keep explaining: The British university system doesn't work like that.

You can't do what you accuse Kate of, just switching British universities on a whim. It's a long and drawn-out process, and you wind up with maybe no choices at all. Competition is fierce and brutal, so no. Just no.

That's why I keep asking about your experience in the UK.

Edited by samurai_sarah
Glitch in the system that caused a multi-post
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 4

Given how traumatized Harry seems to have been by his mother’s death while he was at Balmoral, being summoned there for the Queen’s death almost exactly 25 years after Diana’s funeral probably made it worse than if it had been a different time and place. He flew back to London this morning, apparently alone. Charles’ speech mentioned that they would continue to build their lives abroad, so no drastic change with the new reign. 

• Upvote 8

29 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

As @louisa05 and I keep explaining: The British university system doesn't work like that.

You can't do what you accuse Kate of, just switching British universities on a whim. It's a long and drawn-out process, and you wind up with maybe no choices at all. Competition is fierce and brutal, so no. Just no.

That's why I keep asking about your experience in the UK.

For the most part, Jackie is my only source alleging that Kate did any of the things Jackie alleges she did, or didn't do in order to catch William. I didn't know Kate existed back then.  But even if it's all true, so what.  If he didn't like her,  William was not in any way forced or required to give her any of his time or attention just because she might have wanted it.

33 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Given how traumatized Harry seems to have been by his mother’s death while he was at Balmoral, being summoned there for the Queen’s death almost exactly 25 years after Diana’s funeral probably made it worse than if it had been a different time and place. He flew back to London this morning, apparently alone. Charles’ speech mentioned that they would continue to build their lives abroad, so no drastic change with the new reign. 

I hope everyone is able to cope as well as can be expected.  It can't have been wholly unexpected given her age and the way it seemed they were checking on her welfare recently.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

It must be very hard for him that he got to the Queen’s bedside too late to say goodbye.

William, Andrew, and Edward also arrived too late.

It's entirely possible they all spoke to her by phone.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

My guess is that Harry hurried back to London to be with Meghan rather than be part of whatever tension there was at Balmoral.  I certainly would have left as soon as it was clear that there was nothing for me to do.

It would be nice if their shared grief would bring Harry, William and Charles together a little, but funerals often just make things worse because everyone is tense.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

They all came back this morning except maybe Anne so it wasn't like Harry was doing much different.

• Upvote 4

I’m pretty sure only Charles, Camilla and William returned to London today. All reports I’ve read indicated that all the grandchildren have joined their parents in Balmoral to mourn together as a family. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

We need to remember that it's both a family who have lost a mother/grandmother/great-grandmother/aunt etc. on top of it being the country and commonwealth losing their Queen.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

They all came back this morning except maybe Anne so it wasn't like Harry was doing much different.

Yes, but the news was he was the first to leave.  He didn’t fly back with the others.

ETA: Since “the others” seem to have been William and Charles, I can see why he chose to fly separately.  

Edited by EmCatlyn

27 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Yes, but the news was he was the first to leave.  He didn’t fly back with the others.

ETA: Since “the others” seem to have been William and Charles, I can see why he chose to fly separately.  

Most likely, he had nothing to do. He is not a working royal. Charles and William probably had lots of procedural stuff to work out. 

"Yes, but he was the first to . . . "  We're talking about a group of grieving relatives. Why does it matters who is the first to leave?  It's not a time to be picking on people for imaginary "sins." Have a bit of respect.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 2

I am not surprised he left early. He can’t really travel with his father and brother anymore. He could have remained at Balmoral with his cousins but when you’re grieving, you don’t usually want your cousins. You want your spouse and Meghan was in London. He wanted to be with his wife and I’m not really sure how anybody can criticize that. 

• Upvote 7

Williams speech was incredibly touching. Perhaps just because I lost my grandmother less than three months ago, but it resounded profoundly with me. 

I’m glad they came out together as a unified front to view the flowers, although I’m sure it brought back difficult memories of their mother and the sea of flowers at Kensington Palace after her death. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

53 minutes ago, viii said:

Williams speech was incredibly touching. Perhaps just because I lost my grandmother less than three months ago, but it resounded profoundly with me. 

I’m glad they came out together as a unified front to view the flowers, although I’m sure it brought back difficult memories of their mother and the sea of flowers at Kensington Palace after her death. 

I wonder if this is also giving them a sense of closure because they weren’t able to do this for their grandfather due to covid restrictions. The crowds seemed lovely and they all seemed appreciative of the support they were receiving.

• Upvote 6

Despite what people say about Harry, he just lost his grandmother, over a year after his grandfather died. Now, he and William get the closure they didn't get due to Covid protocols preventing them from greeting the crowds, or that funeral. Of course, Meghan will be at the funeral this time, as when Philip died, she was too pregnant for her to travel that far, on the advice of her doctors. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic