IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, Lollipopgirl said:

Harry and Meghan and William and Kate have come out together to look at the tributes outside Windsor Castle.

According to at least one source, William invited Harry and Meghan to join him and Kate.  Another version is that King Charles suggested it.  Both could be true.

It was a nice thing for the four of them to do together.  Even in the midst of a family quarrel, people can share mourning.

• Upvote 8

Um, Jackie3, Jacks, J-dawg…… it’s a funeral, not a date.   Hand-holding isn’t required, and it’s up to the Prince and Princess to decide on their own PDA.  Me personally, I don’t give a rat’s ass either way.

Now as for our relationship, JayJay, I’m going to bust out the B-word on you:  you’ve turned into a Bore.  Your electric-snarky trolling has dropped off into petty arguments, contradictions, and statements of the obvious.  Maybe you just can’t keep it up over there or four threads, but regardless, the magic is gone.  You’re no longer TFJ3, so I’m breaking up with you.  Try not to send me any late-night drunk-texts begging me to take you back; that’d just be undignified.

Edited by catlady
  • Haha 19

9 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

According to at least one source, William invited Harry and Meghan to join him and Kate.  Another version is that King Charles suggested it.  Both could be true.

I saw one article where they corrected it.  I think some of the confusion came from saying the Prince of Wales suggested it and not everyone was used to the name change yet.  Although it equally could have been Charles.

• Upvote 7

It was really nice seeing the four of them together. I obviously don’t know these people, and they  all certainly seem to have their share of personality challenges and good points  in this whole fall-out family drama. But those two brothers having  to relive the whole huge public mourning that they went through as kids — they even were at Balmoral when their mom died! — must be just awful. I’m glad that even if there is still a lot of tensions, they at least have a little glimmer of support for each other must be comforting. And having their respective wives there to have their backs — must be hugely helpful.  A beloved 96 year old Grannie dying when you’re a grown adult is certainly profoundly less traumatizing  than the sudden death of your healthy young mother when you’re still a child — but the very, very public nature and outpouring must be triggering .

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

FcVirH9WAAAkm3L.jpg.944da5e35cd494e0fdaf13a34f4ac620.jpg

I like how Harry and Meghan support each other in such a difficult time.

You are aware that that's one shot from a far longer walkabout?

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, samurai_sarah said:

She probably is and she probably has also seen the picture with Kate‘s hand on William‘s back (not that it really matters but there is one) but she is a troll. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I saw one article where they corrected it.  I think some of the confusion came from saying the Prince of Wales suggested it and not everyone was used to the name change yet.  Although it equally could have been Charles.

That makes sense. William would have only been Prince of Wales for a few hours at that point. (He had to wait for Charles to officially announce it.  Right after the Queen passed away, William was referred to as “the Duke of  Cornwall and Cambridge” in news reports, which was briefly confusing also.)

As for Charles’s involvement, I could see my father saying to me, “Why don’t you invite your brother to do the walk about with you?” (If my dad were the new king and I was the new heir.)  It may have been policy, or it may have been family, or a bit of both.

It certainly made people feel good and hopeful at a time of grief, and I think it was a lovely thing to do to show respect for Q Elizabeth.  She would have wanted them to do this together.

• Upvote 10

I assume Jackie you also saw where he tried to pull his hand away on multiple occasions?
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

32 minutes ago, Heidijoey said:

I assume Jackie you also saw where he tried to pull his hand away on multiple occasions?

I didn’t watch the video that closely, but I have noticed in a couple of other instances that Harry is rarely the one who initiates the hand-holding and that he often lets go only to have her grab him again.  This doesn’t mean anything other than they have different attitudes to even minor PDAs.

Personally, I think Meghan is rather “clingy” compared to other millennial couples I know, but it is probably a Hollywood thing.  I certainly wouldn’t criticize the new Prince and Princess of Wales for being a bit more reticent.

• Upvote 7

You know Jackasstrophie is going to be even more insufferable when Kate starts walking 3 paces behind William per protocol because Apparently happy couples constantly cling to each other and have hand sex in public. 

• Upvote 6

I think Harry has spent the majority of his life in the royal sphere where PDA is frowned upon, so it doesn’t come naturally to him. Meghan, on the other hand, seems like a very affectionate person, so she often initiates the physical contact. She also seems to reach for him in moments where she appears nervous and uncomfortable, so it might be a comfort thing for her as well. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, viii said:

I think Harry has spent the majority of his life in the royal sphere where PDA is frowned upon, so it doesn’t come naturally to him. Meghan, on the other hand, seems like a very affectionate person, so she often initiates the physical contact. She also seems to reach for him in moments where she appears nervous and uncomfortable, so it might be a comfort thing for her as well. 

When these royal couples are doing official engagements, they are at work. PDA is typically not acceptable in professional settings. And, frankly, those two cling like a pair of 15 year olds in their first relationship most of the time. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

When these royal couples are doing official engagements, they are at work. PDA is typically not acceptable in professional settings. And, frankly, those two cling like a pair of 15 year olds in their first relationship most of the time. 

It would be much better if Meghan walked stiffly, about four feet from Harry, with a flat expression. That's love!

Honestly, Kate and Wills look like they can't stand each other in that pic

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

You know Jackasstrophie is going to be even more insufferable when Kate starts walking 3 paces behind William per protocol because Apparently happy couples constantly cling to each other and have hand sex in public. 

You are right, Kate and Wills look so happy! Like a couple in love.

And that protocol sounds really sensible and conducive to a healthy relationship.

4 hours ago, Heidijoey said:

I did not. But I'm sure you were watching for that. Great catch. The more you can find to put down the black woman, the better. 

If only Harry had married a blonde, huh? She'd look better on the balcony. If he had to marry a mixed-race woman, couldn't he have married one that would tolerate racism? 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 7

Is this entire troll thing just about Meghan being bi-racial???  We have been subjected to all of this for that reason??   I personally have never thought Meghan looked like she was mixed race.  I haven't seen reference here to the fact, except from you.  Nobody would give it a second thought if you didn't keep harping on and on about it.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I ran into a couple of articles about how people are criticizing William and praising Harry all over Twitter.  Don’t know if it is true, but my first thought was that some people can’t stop.

Here was a moment when the two brothers came together to show respect for their grandmother and to reassure the public that they are still family —yet some people have to turn it into a competition between the two brothers.  It is disgusting.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

I ran into a couple of articles about how people are criticizing William and praising Harry all over Twitter.  Don’t know if it is true, but my first thought was that some people can’t stop.

Here was a moment when the two brothers came together to show respect for their grandmother and to reassure the public that they are still family —yet some people have to turn it into a competition between the two brothers.  It is disgusting.

The walkabout was almost a test.  If you are"Team William" then it looks like Meagan was cowered and also snapped at an aide.  If you are "Team Harry/Meagan" then it looks like Meagan and Harry were more loving and were trying to keep their word that they would put the flowers up. 

Everyone saw what they wanted to see.  At the end when they waved goodbye, it does look like something was said and it made Meagan nervous or something because she seemed to flinch and Catherine was giving her the eye.  But I might be reading into it. 

• Upvote 7

Exactly - everyone is going to interpret a video differently, depending on their point of view. That’s why I laugh when people put so much stock into body language “professionals”. I will say though that Kate appeared quite cold towards Meghan. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I mean if I was Kate I wouldn't be that warm to her either. I would be thinking "I am not allowed to publicly say anything to contradict your statements but I will have to let my demeanor speak for me."

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I agree; I don’t blame Kate’s behaviour and I don’t even particularly like her. She is loyal though and supports her husband, the one Meghan and Harry have trashed to the media. I can see why she’d be cold. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

crazy me i thought they all appeared normal for who they are in the circumstances.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

It’s like a Rorschach test. And a bit like the Depp v Heard trial with the depth of opinions and team choosing. 

(And I’ll head of the red trolling herring and the straw trolling man. How DARE you accuse Meghan and Harry of intimate partner violence.)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

best statement about kate and meghan: they are very, very different people.

• Upvote 12

42 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

crazy me i thought they all appeared normal for who they are in the circumstances.

As @TN-peach said above, we all see what we are looking for. 🤷‍♀️ 

I came here to share about the little dog that got on the wrong side of the barrier.  Maybe he would have liked to shake hands with the royals too.

As the royals prepared to wave goodbye to the crowd and depart in a nearby car, eagle-eyed viewers of the BBCcoverage of the event noticed a small dog, that appeared to be a grey schnauzer, had made his way to the other side of the metal barrier as panicked owners quickly tried to bring the pup back.

Neesweek: Dog Steals Show.

The clip of the incident can be found in this Report in The Mirror.

Now, do we think the doggie wanted Meghan or Kate to shake his hand?  Or was he eager to nip at the heels of one of the brothers? 😉

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic