IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

Harry has said he's donating the profits from the book.  I don't know if he'll remember when he gets paid though.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, viii said:

If I could trust that his stories would be true, I’d be more interested in hearing them. 

I'd say the same about everyone's stories! Including the Royal family. I haven't heard much honesty from them.

Andrew: I have no recollection of meeting that woman.

Charles: I knew nothing about giving money to the Osama family.

Margaret: I'm being forced to give up Peter Townsend!

Edward: Of course I dont' like Hitler

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2
  • Move Along 2

So How is Harry and Meghan doing the same anymore  acceptable? And we know King Edward was a fan a Nazism. His side piece was was accepting roses from Himmler and fawning over Hitler. He loved her in fact.  That was no secret then or now.  

• I Agree 1

So Meghan is on and in The Cut. 

I‘ll provide you with the link to this corny pity party / romance novel excerpt with passive agressive digs but I warn you: it‘s so sugary, I‘m considering doing that gestational diabetes test again after reading it: 

https://www.thecut.com/article/meghan-markle-profile-interview.html

58 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Charles: I knew nothing about giving money to the Osama family.

Let‘s keep our facts straight: it‘s about ACCEPTING money from the Bin Laden family for his charity.

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

51 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I‘ll provide you with the link to this corny pity party / romance novel excerpt with passive agressive digs but I warn you: it‘s so sugary, I‘m considering doing that gestational diabetes test again after reading it: 

https://www.thecut.com/article/meghan-markle-profile-interview.htm

The pictures are beautiful and she looks really nice, the article is weird, it seems a sugary, diabetic agiography with some trolling sprinkled in. 

Edited by Chiari
Spelling error
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

https://www.thecut.com/article/meghan-markle-profile-interview.html

It's such a weird interview for a few reasons. My thoughts as I was reading through:

1. She's going through all the "finally finding my voice" stuff again. She's been out of the Firm for longer than she was in it! She's had well over two years to use her voice, and the Oprah interview came about a year after they left. How much longer is she going to play on this? 

2. Meghan makes a comment that if Archie was at school in the UK, she would "never be able to do school pick up and drop off without it being a royal photo call with a press pen of 40 photographers". What? The press do not camp outside the schools of the royal children! Other than a couple of "first day of school" photos of the Cambridge children, which it looks like the press was invited to, that just doesn't happen.

3. Tyler Perry gifted her a grand piano as a housewarming present. I have the wrong friends.

4. Meghan talks about how they were unemployed and originally weren't going to look at their mega mansion, but it came up on searches and once they saw it "they did everything they could to get this house". When Harry was complaining on Oprah about how daddy had cut them off, is this why? Did they overextend themselves on the house?

5. These two are really in love with themselves. Actual quotes:

- “One of the first things my husband saw when we walked around the house was those two palm trees,” she coos. “See how they’re connected at the bottom? He goes, ‘My love, it’s us.’ 

- Meghan is still very aware that people see her as a princess. “It’s important to be thoughtful about it because — even with the Oprah interview, I was conscious of the fact that there are little girls that I meet and they’re just like, ‘Oh my God, it’s a real-life princess.’ 

- Your eye contact is good,” she says suddenly. “You’re, like, looking into my soul.”

I stammer out an apology.

“I feel it. It’s good. I’m, like, so excited to talk.”

6. "By her own analysis, her problems stemmed from her being an American, not necessarily a Black American, she explains. Her desire to ask lots of questions and to never be involved with something she couldn’t totally have her hands on seemed to violate an unspoken social norm."

Well, yes? Being a working royal is essentially a job. One in which you are not the boss and never will be. We all have to do things in our jobs that we'd rather not do, or that we think are stupid, or that we're too tired for. I like how Meghan and Harry take absolutely no responsibility for the fact that Meghan was totally unprepared for royal life.

• Upvote 20
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

So How is Harry and Meghan doing the same anymore  acceptable? And we know King Edward was a fan a Nazism. His side piece was was accepting roses from Himmler and fawning over Hitler. He loved her in fact.  That was no secret then or now.  

Of course not. If they tell a lie, that is wrong too.

Are they fans of Hitler? Or a sex trafficker? And are they lying about these sorts of things? 

The Duke of Windsor said Hitler was "not such a bad chap." After the war, he denied he said that. That's a lie. He (and the royals) hid other things as well. They hid that the Duke had said that continued bombing of England would make the British ready for peace.  They hid that he didn't inform Britain of Germany's plan to install him as a puppet king.

The palace suppressed many documents showing these things. So yes, the royals have kept lots of secrets about the Duke.  Lots about Andrew, too, I imagine.

Has Meghan done anything of this degree? Is she guilty of treason? If so, that is certainly wrong.

1 hour ago, LilaMae said:

These two are really in love with themselves. 

Good! Much better than hating yourself or your partner.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3

1 hour ago, LilaMae said:

Being a working royal is essentially a job.

1. Choose an expensive designer gown to wear to the movie premiere. Your dresser cleans and presses it.  Select some diamonds and rubies to wear.

2. Your dresser helps you into your gown. Your hair, nails and makeup people work their magic. You look great.

3.  Leave instructions with your nanny. Give your kids a kiss.

4. A luxury limo is right outside your door. Your security detail clears the traffic to the cinema. You are dropped off exactly in front of the theatre.

5.  Someone opens the limo door for you. Walk into the theatre while smiling at cameras. Accept delicious refreshments (no charge). Everyone bows or curtsies to you, and laughs at all your jokes.

5. You are led to the best seat in the house.  No one blocks your view. You are offered drinks. Watch the film. 

6. Chat with the stars of the film, who fawn over you. Receive some costly souvenirs relating to the premiere.

7. Your luxury limo is waiting for you in front of the theatre. It's raining, but someone holds an umbrella over your head. Your driver opens the door. Step in the limo.

8. Your driver takes you home. The traffic has been cleared for you again. The driver pulls right up to your door.

9. Arrive home. There is a small meal waiting and a bath is drawn. Your dresser hangs up your gown.

You're home from work!

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, LilaMae said:

I like how Meghan and Harry take absolutely no responsibility for the fact that Meghan was totally unprepared for royal life.

So much this. I’d like to hear something like, “We were madly in love and my biological clock was ticking, so we got married quickly. I don’t regret that decision, but in retrospect, I knew far too little about my new role.” 

It’s the 25th anniversary of Diana’s death on Wednesday. How will Harry make us all cringe? 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Anyone else confused about how Harry & Meghan were overchallenged by that year-round 5 star holiday that is royal life and quitting makes them heroes while those still doing the job without complaining are the lazy ones?

I mean, he literally said he had burnout from being a working royal and she complained about not being asked if she was ok and how she was expected to go on with her engagements on one of those luxury tours. Because that was when they still had all those privileges. Just saying. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 4

58 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

So much this. I’d like to hear something like, “We were madly in love and my biological clock was ticking, so we got married quickly. I don’t regret that decision, but in retrospect, I knew far too little about my new role.” 

This would have been a perfect way of handling it. 

I'm actually really glad Harry and Meghan have each other because I'd hate to inflict them on anybody else. God, that article was difficult to choke through. She comes off super weird. I'm positive that wasn't her intention, but again - she doesn't self-edit very well because she doesn't seem capable of taking critiques. 

The cover looks like more Diana cosplay. 

Anyway, I like her earrings. I've fallen in love with emeralds lately and I'd like to wear those. 

• Upvote 13

If an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure, this article weighs about half a ton.

(I swear there's a Steel Magnolias quote for just about any occasion!)

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, viii said:

I'm actually really glad Harry and Meghan have each other because I'd hate to inflict them on anybody else. God, that article was difficult to choke through.

Are they worse than Prince Andrew?

June 25 was the last time anyone commented on the Andrew threat. I find his pedophila much more difficult to "choke through" than M&H's life.

It's amazing that the Meghan thread is full of posters, but it's been over two months since anyone felt driven to post about Andrew.  Yet people who hate MM still, inexplicably, rush to read a new article about her, as soon as it hits the stands.  Then complain that they had to "choke it down." 

Doesn't rape outrage anyone? Or are we just enraged by a young couple who act "weird"? 

What's behind the lack of concern over Andrew's crimes? A belief that royals can do what they want, and that "boys will be boys." Andrew's not much of a boy, but still, on this site, what he did doesn't incur much interest.

There's more outrage about royals leaving the country than about an old man raping a young girl. So much misogyny--against Meghan and against Virginia Guiffre.

I feel a lot more anger against Andrew and his assaults than I do about Meghan Markle, who hasn't raped anyone as far as I can tell. There's also plenty to say about the Queen, who covered it up. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3

Yeah and Andrew has been dealt with the most he is ever going to be dealt with for foreseeable future. His role in public eye is done and he settled in court and Other than ride horses with his mom there is really nothing New to talk about concerning him at the moment.  You might want to rehash and rehash and rehash all the slimy sordid sex slavery details because you are special like that but most people would rather not please and thank you. 

Meghan and occasionally her husband OTOH are giving us plenty of snark  fodder and so we talk. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

I'm pretty sure the second--the SECOND!--Andrew shows up in the news again, his thread here on FJ will spring back into life. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Yeah and Andrew has been dealt with the most he is ever going to be dealt with for foreseeable future. His role in public eye is done and he settled in court and Other than ride horses with his mom there is really nothing New to talk about concerning him at the moment.  You might want to rehash and rehash and rehash all the slimy sordid sex slavery details because you are special like that but most people would rather not please and thank you. 

Meghan and occasionally her husband OTOH are giving us plenty of snark  fodder and so we talk. 

Right? What are we supposed to discuss? That he still exists??? 

This new interview, though, dear god. Meghan comes off as completely ridiculous and rather unhinged. 

• Upvote 14

Factually speaking Other than rare big events like weddings and births and the like Royal day to day life and business is not very exciting or glamorous at all and this is not a Royal specific forum so we aren’t going to talk about where prince so and so took a meeting this morning to discuss  endangered squirrels.  Now When those squirrels shoot back at the hunters we will talk about. 

Harry and Meghan are the Royal gift that keeps on giving for FJ. 

• Upvote 9

I mean, I can post daily about all the ways I hate Andrew and even the Queen for protecting him, but I feel like spamming a thread will only get me in trouble with the mods. 

I didn’t think it needed to be said but apparently it does - yes, Andrew is a billion times worse than Harry and Meghan. I don’t think anyone is denying that. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Harry has said he's donating the profits from the book.  I don't know if he'll remember when he gets paid though.

He will probably donate it to Archewell, don’t you think?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Not that it matters, but I think it was Ribbentrop, not Himmler who was always sending Wallis flowers— or are we thinking of different instances?

Edward, the Duke of Windsor and former king was definitely a Nazi sympathizer and it is now known that the Nazis were planning to put him back on the throne as a sort of puppet king once they conquered Britain.

Temperamentally, Harry and the Duke of Windsor seem very similar: entitled, a bit clueless, and needing the strong guidance of a woman.  However, I do not think that Harry is as bad as his great-great uncle was.  ( Woke is better than Nazi.)  But he is still young ;)  — he could get worse or actually improve.

• Upvote 7

There is no discussion about Andrew because it seems everyone agrees he is a piece of shit but he is out of the public eye, nothing is happening on his front so there is nothing to talk about. 

The Sussexes however give us a lot of discussion materials and people have different opinions about them so we can actually discuss things

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, viii said:

I mean, I can post daily about all the ways I hate Andrew and even the Queen for protecting him, but I feel like spamming a thread will only get me in trouble with the mods. 

Indeed.  I've been up less than half an hour and my first thought on opening FJ was why is Andrew all over the Harry and Meghan thread.  Please take Andrew discussion to Andrew.  If it continues here, I'll need to move it all.  Thanks.  

Also I'll summarize, after years on the forum, the volume of discussion is not based on the character of the person discussed.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 13
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 3

21 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

1. Choose an expensive designer gown to wear to the movie premiere. Your dresser cleans and presses it.  Select some diamonds and rubies to wear.

2. Your dresser helps you into your gown. Your hair, nails and makeup people work their magic. You look great.

3.  Leave instructions with your nanny. Give your kids a kiss.

4. A luxury limo is right outside your door. Your security detail clears the traffic to the cinema. You are dropped off exactly in front of the theatre.

5.  Someone opens the limo door for you. Walk into the theatre while smiling at cameras. Accept delicious refreshments (no charge). Everyone bows or curtsies to you, and laughs at all your jokes.

5. You are led to the best seat in the house.  No one blocks your view. You are offered drinks. Watch the film. 

6. Chat with the stars of the film, who fawn over you. Receive some costly souvenirs relating to the premiere.

7. Your luxury limo is waiting for you in front of the theatre. It's raining, but someone holds an umbrella over your head. Your driver opens the door. Step in the limo.

8. Your driver takes you home. The traffic has been cleared for you again. The driver pulls right up to your door.

9. Arrive home. There is a small meal waiting and a bath is drawn. Your dresser hangs up your gown.

You're home from work!

It sounds a lot like being a successful actress.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7

16 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

It's amazing that the Meghan thread is full of posters, but it's been over two months since anyone felt driven to post about Andrew. 

Well I think a lot of the time people on the Meghan thread are responding to you...   Despite your disgust of Andrew, you didn't feel driven to post on his thread since June either so it's probably not a valid measure of moral approval or lack thereof.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic