IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

It's not like they can put an ad in the Help Wanted section of Craigslist or BST Windsor for a 16 yo to babysit, pull weeds or whatever task they want to out-source for some reason.

I don’t think that the staff they have is in any way excessive for their circumstances. I would be surprised if Meghan and Harry don’t have somewhat the same amount of help.  That’s a big house.  Surely no one believes the Sussexes are doing the housework themselves?

(If I could afford it, I would definitely hire a housekeeper.  Most of us would.)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

55 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

No but That set have advertised in “The Lady”  for servants since 1885.  Downtown Abbey references it several times.

https://lady.co.uk/

r/whoosh.. I don't expect a drama to be the be all and end all of the British Royal Family's hiring process.

My point was more that BRF aren't picking local teens looking for a few quid for a few hour of work but wanting discreet staff who will not be blabbing to the Daily Heil or the Excess or the Groinard..

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

(If I could afford it, I would definitely hire a housekeeper.  Most of us would.)

I agree and I have one and gardeners, too.  The arthritis I have doesn't permit doing the things that need doing.

• Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I agree and I have one and gardeners, too.  The arthritis I have doesn't permit doing the things that need doing.

We have a cleaning service once a month and pay someone to mow the lawn.  We have arthritis and hay fever and various other things slowing us down, but it’s also that we want to do other things with our time.

I would love a regular housekeeper that came at least a couple of days a week, even  though my kids are grown and out of the house and the house is not a nine-bedroom mansion.  So I would be amazed if the Sussexes don’t have at least 3 people (or their equivalent) working for them.  And I think it’s nothing to be ashamed of.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, LilaMae said:

I saw something which said the composer of the soundtrack was there is South African and was photographed seeing Meghan, so it could have been him and Meghan mistook him for a cast member. That's not proven, of course.

That said, surely if someone tells you that South Africans "rejoiced in the streets the same as we did when Mandela was freed from prison", you take it as a polite, massive over-exaggeration? Actually thinking that the wedding of an American mixed race woman to a British white prince had South Africans dancing in the streets en masse seems really narcissistic.

Exactly. Maybe someone said it but you must realise how it sounds if you repeat that. Someone compared her to Jane Austen’s Mrs. Elton (Emma - but please only 2009 and Gwyneth 1996 not the 2020 fail) on another forum and honestly? Yeahhhh that’s not too far off

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Yet none of those people would be dressing Kate for the movie premieres Her Trollness described as their primary job—of course, she then denied this when faced with the actual number of movie premieres they have actually attended. 

You think Kate doesn't have a dresser? The Cambridges have drivers, landscapers, several nannies, a valet, makeup people, and far more. Read the Palace documents and you can see the list.

There's a vast difference between what they tell the press and what they actually have. Or take a look at the employment listings for the palace. LOTS of servants.

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

So I would be amazed if the Sussexes don’t have at least 3 people (or their equivalent) working for them.  And I think it’s nothing to be ashamed of.

When you pay for it yourself, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

When you take money from others and hire servants for yourself, there's plenty to be ashamed of.

When you pretend you are "regular" so people don't notice your wealth, that's just sneaky and manipulative. I can see why the Sussexes would reject such a deceptive life--it's a smokescreen.

• Move Along 1
  • Downvote 4

The Mandela story continues to be debunked as composer Lebo M confirms he briefly met and spoke with Meghan at the premiere, however he states "he does not remember mentioning Mandela" and there is video of the meeting that appears to confirm his recollection.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11169701/South-African-composer-does-not-remember-discussing-Mandela-Meghan-Markle.html

Edited by Melbelle
typos
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

All those supposed millions she made, her fancy title or star studded pod cats  can’t buy her a clue much less a good reputation, or character. Or much happiness  I suspect. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Melbelle said:

The Mandela story continues to be debunked as composer Lebo M confirms he briefly met and spoke with Meghan at the premiere, however he states "he does not remember mentioning Mandela" and there is video of the meeting that appears to confirm his recollection.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11169701/South-African-composer-does-not-remember-discussing-Mandela-Meghan-Markle.html

Just another recollections may vary...

What was said " Why yes, everyone has heard of you in South Africa."

What she hears "Why yes, we were celebrating and dancing in the street when you got married just like when Mandela was released from 27 years of prison and torture."

I can see how she can confuse the two statements.  🙄

• Haha 13

As of Sept 1, Archetypes is still #1.

It's been over a week. Two episodes have been released. Meghan's popularity seems to be more than a fluke or curiosity. She's really earning those millions from Spotify. A very successful business arrangement all around. And what a fun job Meghan has! 

501667734_chartssept1.png.25eac16bc5c2d523855551e02ae6e6a8.png

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1

So the question comes down to who technically funds the Sussexes life and what truly constitutes independent living.  There's been extensive discussion about how deals like the ones they signed with Netflix and Spotify work, so we know that the opportunity to earn many millions is there, but likely the bulk of the money is contingent on producing content.  Thus far, there has been nothing released on Netflix, though it appears that they have been filming a reality/docu-series and an Invictus project has been confirmed.  Although there was a quick podcast produced for Spotify back in 2020, the podcast only began regular production a few weeks ago.  In their Oprah interview Harry admitted that he was living on "what his mother left him".  Diana was a part of the British aristocracy and so just like the Royal Family, that money is earned via colonialism, historical land grabs, etc.  Additionally, she reportedly received a payout of approximately $22 million in her divorce settlement and additional funds annually to continue to fund her private office.  So even the inheritance that Harry received from Diana was partially, perhaps mostly, funded by Charles and the Royal Family.  It could be argued that living off "what his mother left him" is essentially living off the same type of money that funds much of the royal family, just the generational inherited "private" part of the family funding.  They certainly have potential to become financially independent and they may be getting close to that point now that they've begun to produce Spotify content, and should have received an advance on Harry's book deal, but it appears they bought their house with the inherited money and therefore the same "private" money the Family uses to fund parts of their lives. 

One wonders what the money they receive from their deals really qualifies as?  The book deal definitely seems primarily based on Harry being a Prince of the British Royal Family.  Without his ties to the Royal Family would they have received a book deal at all?  According to Tom Bower's book, prior to marrying Harry, Meghan had tried to get a book deal for The Tig, but it never came to fruition.  The only fully confirmed Netflix project is Heart of Invictus, which is about the Invictus Games, a charitable organization that was created by Harry and his Working Royal staff for him to be patron of and use in his Working Royal portfolio.  The only other project that was announced was Pearl, a project envisioned by Meghan, and it has now been scrapped.  Now the Spotify deal has finally produced content and that content is being driven by Meghan thus far.  Now perhaps she would have been able to achieve a Tig based podcast or a podcast based on being an actress, as many of those came out during the pandemic from all levels of actors and actresses.  Though, if James Van Der Beek's podcast was only worth $700k, it's doubtful Meghan independently, without her marriage to Prince Harry, would have been able to ink a Spotify deal for upwards of $25 million.  So if all the deals you have received are primarily based on being a part of the Royal Family, does that make the deals still based on colonialism and such?  What truly constitutes earning an independent living?  

• Upvote 15

She Married Harry and now milks the Royal Titty to make her living, using them and the title she received from them to make her deals and podcasts so she really is not doing anything independently at all. Without them she would still be a former suitcase girl and co starring actress in a former cable drama.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Meghan's popularity seems to be more than a fluke or curiosity. 

You are correct, it’s not just a fluke or curiosity. It’s called a train wreck and it’s a well known phenomenon. People will look. Not everyone, but the vast majority.

The ones who aren’t looking because it’s a train wreck are simply laughing at her.

Few would call it ‘popularity’. It’s infamy. But Meghan has, no doubt, convinced herself that she is wildly popular - so popular that she imagines people dance in the street when she gets married.

Recollections may vary indeed.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

People are popular when  the public knows about them, the media talks about them, they get deals  but being popular in pop culture is often far from being respected, admired or a role model… history is full of “popular” people are guilty pleasure curiosities  with nothing in their  messy dramatic lives anyone would want to emulate. Gone as quick as they come. Let’s see if Meghan is still going in 3 years and see if there is anything of interest or worth she has to offer then. 

Also..When most of your  rabid fans are people like our dear Troll  and those Sussex Squad actually wishing death on Cambridge children it really is not something to be proud of. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, adidas said:

You are correct, it’s not just a fluke or curiosity. It’s called a train wreck and it’s a well known phenomenon. People will look. Not everyone, but the vast majority.

The ones who aren’t looking because it’s a train wreck are simply laughing at her.

Few would call it ‘popularity’. It’s infamy. But Meghan has, no doubt, convinced herself that she is wildly popular - so popular that she imagines people dance in the street when she gets married.

Recollections may vary indeed.

Considering that Free Jinger has its origins in critique of a very popular expected train-wreck of a family, it should not surprise us snarkers that people pay attention to Meghan’s podcast.  Look at the attention we paid and continue to pay to X Kids and Counting On….

in some ways, Meghan and Harry seem as self-deluded as the Duggars.  Hopefully they won’t be as toxic to their kids.  But they both come from damaged families, and demonstrate a willingness to abandon and rejects those who don’t play the game their way.  I wonder what will happen when the kids decide to speak for themselves.

• Upvote 11

Speaking of family drama, I have never really understood Meghan’s acrimonious break with her own father.  Maybe someone has some insight or detail.

• In the beginning, he was going to walk her down the aisle.
  • There were some pictures of him in a tabloid showing how how he was preparing for the wedding.  It was pretty silly stuff.
  • Then it turned out he had collaborated on these.
  • Then Meghan fought with him and… what?  Did she tell him she would never forgive him?  That he couldn’t walk her down the aisle?
  • Harry also got into this.  I know they told Markle that he had to stop talking to the press.
  • Then Papa Markle had a heart attack, which he gave as a reason for not going to the wedding.  He accused that Meghan showed no concern.
  • Papa Markle gave interviews about how hurt he was.
  • As Papa Markle became noisier about his grievances, Meghan still refused to contact him privately (though urged to by the RF).
  • Meghan eventually wrote him a letter figuring he would leak it.
  • When he leaked the letter, Meghan sued.

It goes on from there, but I am still not sure what started it all.  Was it just that Papa Markle collaborated with the tabloids for money and embarrassed Meghan just before her wedding?  It rather seems as if they brought out the heavy artillery for what just should have been a light skirmish.

It is very strange in a relationship that was supposedly close.

I had a relative who would get her feelings hurt/nurture grievances over little things and ended up quarreling with everyone.  Meghan reminds me of her.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Speaking of family drama, I have never really understood Meghan’s acrimonious break with her own father.  Maybe someone has some insight or detail.

• In the beginning, he was going to walk her down the aisle.
  • There were some pictures of him in a tabloid showing how how he was preparing for the wedding.  It was pretty silly stuff.
  • Then it turned out he had collaborated on these.
  • Then Meghan fought with him and… what?  Did she tell him she would never forgive him?  That he couldn’t walk her down the aisle?
  • Harry also got into this.  I know they told Markle that he had to stop talking to the press.
  • Then Papa Markle had a heart attack, which he gave as a reason for not going to the wedding.  He accused that Meghan showed no concern.
  • Papa Markle gave interviews about how hurt he was.
  • As Papa Markle became noisier about his grievances, Meghan still refused to contact him privately (though urged to by the RF).
  • Meghan eventually wrote him a letter figuring he would leak it.
  • When he leaked the letter, Meghan sued.

It goes on from there, but I am still not sure what started it all.  Was it just that Papa Markle collaborated with the tabloids for money and embarrassed Meghan just before her wedding?  It rather seems as if they brought out the heavy artillery for what just should have been a light skirmish.

It is very strange in a relationship that was supposedly close.

I had a relative who would get her feelings hurt/nurture grievances over little things and ended up quarreling with everyone.  Meghan reminds me of her.

She reminds me of a former friend who was diagnosed with BPD. 

• I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Melbelle said:

Without his ties to the Royal Family would they have received a book deal at all? 

Without the ties to the Royal family, the Spotify and Netflix deals would not happen. They'd have to earn money some other way. Presumably Meghan would go back to acting. She also may have savings. 

Yes, Harry inherited money that was obtained by exploiting others, years ago. Did you want him to give it back? If so, then Wills, Camilla, Charles and the Queen  should do the same. 

You seem concerned about the mixed race couple's inheritance, but OK with the white couple's inheritance. Why is that? Shouldn't you fretting about the inheritance Wills received as well?

Harry and Meghan are indisputably profiting off their ties to the royal family. In a similar way, former servants, the media, royal "experts",  paparazzi and others profit off the royal family. 

I don't think anyone thinks Harry'd have a multi-million dolar book deal without their ties to the Royal family. It's not illegal to make such a book, in fact, it's a healthy and intelligent thing to do. People can choose to buy the book or not. 

Do you have the same concern about how Wills gets his money? Because Wills holds out his hand and asks the British taxpayer to pay for his lifestyle.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Speaking of family drama, I have never really understood Meghan’s acrimonious break with her own father.  

People don't usually disown parents unless they've done something really bad. She's unlikely to tell you what that was.

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Archie and Lilibet have my deepest sympathy and I mean that very seriously. 

Me too. They are living in a beach community with perfect weather. Their parents are in love. They have no money worries. They are healthy. Their parents love them. The recipe for a terrible childhood!

I can see why you offer them your sympathies, instead of kids with cancer, kids in foster care, or kids with abusive parents. Forget about them, Lili and Archie have it so much worse!

Their parents' happiness must be even greater, now that Archetypes is #1. The podcast is a huge, huge success, knocking Joe Rogan right off his pedestal. Meghan must be thrilled when she checks the charts and sees she's #1. This must be a huge relief to those who were worried they'd fail.

I can just imagine the big smile on her face. She has everything, loving husband, healthy kids, wealth, and now, a very successful career.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 3

7 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

She Married Harry and now milks the Royal Titty to make her living, using them and the title she received from them to make her deals and podcasts so she really is not doing anything independently at all. Without them she would still be a former suitcase girl and co starring actress in a former cable drama.

She is using her royal connections to make money, quite independently of the royal family. A smart move. She certainly owes the royals nothing. If I had royal connections, I'd do the same. Who'd say no to a $25 million Spotify deal?

Calling Meghan a "girl" is like calling a Black man "boy."  That's an ugly bit of racism. She was a grown woman when she made her millions. 

If you want an example of someone who isn't independent, look at Kate. She is dependent on Wills for her fame. The British public and the Queen for her money. She's earned nothing on her own. Never worked a full day in her life, even as a young woman. That's dependent. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

She Married Harry and now milks the Royal Titty

I think this is quite a sexist way to talk about any woman who marries a wealthy man. You sound like a Red Piller. 

But if you must talk this way, NO ONE milks the Royal Titty the way Kate does. 

Four homes!

Private jets to environmental conferences! 

Eighty thousand dollars worth of designer clothes in three months! 

A whole house full of servants! Millions in renovations for a home they abandoned!

If anything, it is Harry who is dependent on Meghan now. She knows her way around social media, content production, Hollywood celebrities. Their bright success is largely due to her, as well as his royal name. He doesn't bring much else to the table.

9 hours ago, adidas said:

A trainwreck that earned her $25 million. Now that's my kind of trainwreck!

She's laughing all the way to the bank.

• Move Along 4
  • Fuck You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic