IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

Might be, but I don’t think there were many reports on it. Most well known tiara webpages expressed surprise and only wrote longer articles including actual pictures after Eugenie’s wedding. I certainly still haven’t seen any pictures that are from before. I can see her picking something better known and being disappointed it wasn’t in her selection. I can see her expressing quite some emotions about this to H, who maybe tried to make it happen only to be told no (and we all know how well spoiled people take no’s sometimes). But I really don’t think this particular tiara was the one if there ever was drama about the choice of tiaras.

Could she have requested a particular style/gem I hopes they had one that was similar but it not be chosen for her? Maybe she likes emeralds and asked if any of the tiaras features that stone only to be told it was set aside for Eugenie
  • Upvote 2

@just_ordinary you're not alone. I loved Kate's wedding tiara. I actually prefer the lower profile ones. I never paid that much attention to the tiaras before but this conversation piqued my interest and I started googling them all when I really should have been doing other things. I actually think Kate's was my favorite wedding tiara, followed closely behind by Zara Phillips' which is also quite understated. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I like the Cartier Halo tiara Kate wore for her wedding and would love to see it on Charlotte in a few years. It suits a young woman / girl as it isn‘t too big. However, for Kate I prefer the Lotus tiara. It‘s amazing and she should wear it more often. The Lover‘s Knot is fine but not my favourite. 

I didn't like Zara's either. I think I just prefer the bandeau style. 

For Kate, I think the Lotus tiara is stunning on her, followed by the Lover's Knot. I think she only wore that one because of her Cambridge duchess title. 

• I Agree 1

While we are Tiara talking this is such a lovely piece and one of my favorites though maybe to showy  for a modern bride…

Queen Elizabeth’s Turquoise Tiara 

B5CDC0F0-A1FD-465B-84A8-13F1666818EC.jpeg

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

I think Kate's wedding tiara was almost obscured by the thickness of her veil.  It makes the tiara look a lot smaller than I think it is.  I think.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic