IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

Did you just quote yourself to call yourself out on your misogyny? I’m confused and amused. Has trolling become too difficult?

Edited by Giraffe
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, viii said:

I don't understand why she makes up stories that are easily disproven. 

Some people just hear completely different things than what was actually said. I have some colleagues like that. It’s baffling as to how different the same  things can get repeated. Same for talking. Some people have no regard for her meaning of words whatsoever. M does it as well. I grew up as single child is a completely different reality than I had half siblings but we weren’t close so it always felt as if I was a single child.

I am not sure if she consciously lies or if she thinks she is just adapting details or if she is actually hearing different things. In this particular case she repeated something someone said. Maybe he was a cast member, maybe he was from SA, maybe he was part of a fan group watching the wedding and having a party? Maybe what she repeated was exactly what she was told. Still tone deaf to bring it up. But the more of those things she says that just don’t work out or make no sense when you compare it to what she said before the less she has any credibility. 

7 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Speaking of family drama, I have never really understood Meghan’s acrimonious break with her own father.  Maybe someone has some insight or detail.

• In the beginning, he was going to walk her down the aisle.
  • There were some pictures of him in a tabloid showing how how he was preparing for the wedding.  It was pretty silly stuff.
  • Then it turned out he had collaborated on these.
  • Then Meghan fought with him and… what?  Did she tell him she would never forgive him?  That he couldn’t walk her down the aisle?
  • Harry also got into this.  I know they told Markle that he had to stop talking to the press.
  • Then Papa Markle had a heart attack, which he gave as a reason for not going to the wedding.  He accused that Meghan showed no concern.
  • Papa Markle gave interviews about how hurt he was.
  • As Papa Markle became noisier about his grievances, Meghan still refused to contact him privately (though urged to by the RF).
  • Meghan eventually wrote him a letter figuring he would leak it.
  • When he leaked the letter, Meghan sued.

It goes on from there, but I am still not sure what started it all.  Was it just that Papa Markle collaborated with the tabloids for money and embarrassed Meghan just before her wedding?  It rather seems as if they brought out the heavy artillery for what just should have been a light skirmish.

It is very strange in a relationship that was supposedly close.

I had a relative who would get her feelings hurt/nurture grievances over little things and ended up quarreling with everyone.  Meghan reminds me of her.

It’s really unclear. I think the relationship was already distant when she met H. I mean he never met him, not when they got serious, not when they got engaged.  She probably still wanted him to play a part. Not unusual really.  And when Thomas stepped out of line it all spiralled out of control. I could be completely wrong, but I always prefer to believe the minimum drama version. 
Everyone should have the right to shut out people they deem toxic. Or just people they can’t get along with. But interestingly, when the RF does the same thing it’s a problem. If H&M don’t want to stay inside the royal lines that’s ok. Result: they are out. How their job works simply wasn’t their decision to make (reality for most people, and the fact that others might get what you wanted and you don’t is also not exactly uncommon. Welcome the real life.) If they feel people treated them badly they can be angry and hurt. But the others have the same right to feel angry and hurt and shut them out. It’s funny because they are basically the Thomas and Samantha to the RF. I guess everyone has their own truth and reasoning. And I want to believe that the reason is in most cases outright malicious but the fact that we all have thoughts, feelings, unconscious triggers, patterns, character traits and reasonings that can clash.

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Did you just quote yourself to call yourself out on your misogyny? I’m confused and amused. Has trolling become too difficult?

She was quoting tabitha2 but the quotes got messed up somehow. 

• Thank You 1

The podcast dropped to number two. The latest episode isn’t in the top 10. I have a feeling interest will continue to drop. She doesn’t interview her guests. They’re just the sounding board for her to talk about herself 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

53 minutes ago, viii said:

She was quoting tabitha2 but the quotes got messed up somehow. 

Thanks. It seemed too good to be true but too fun to pass on, either. 

• Haha 7

Well she is incredibly hypocritical with the way she demeans Kate.  And it’s not Marrying Wealthy… Any spouse who marries a Royal they love and who loves them  back plus fabulous wealth? That’s wonderful! Bravo!  But what Meghan does… that’s bashing and milking the Royal tit that’s gave her all this platform and voice. I would say the same if the York York spouses or Tindal did it. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Thanks. It seemed too good to be true but too fun to pass on, either. 

Most people do reread their posts, realize they screwed up, and fix it before hitting send.

Dear troll, please note I said most not all.  Some people further when they realize they made a mess they can't repair make a note so people won't be as confused.  I don't need a response about this.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

So why did Meghan marry a useless dependent millstone like Harry? I am sure a bright and talented woman like her could have done better for herself.

Someone who is not dependent on their granny's fame and who works a useful job that benefits the mankind.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

Maybe because benefitting mankind and being helpful wasn't actually the point?  Maybe it was all about money and fame after all?  Or maybe they really did fall in love and adore being around each other?  I don't know.  Love doesn't always make sense, and I guess when you have that kind of wealth there isn't a need to be practical or magnanimous either.  

• Upvote 3

Looks like there's quite a few questions surrounding whether or not Archetypes actually is the #1, now #2 podcast:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11174031/Meghan-Markles-Archetypes-knocked-No-1-spot-Spotifys-podcast-rankings.html

It'll be interesting to see if people keep listening weekly, or if people were just checking in initially since there was quite a bit of media coverage.  

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Speaking of family drama, I have never really understood Meghan’s acrimonious break with her own father.  Maybe someone has some insight or detail.

I’ve been reading Tom Bowers’ book, which covers the break in detail from Thomas Markle’s point of view. 

- Meghan did spend Christmas of 2017 with her parents in LA, and probably wanted to keep in touch on her own terms, but she didn’t want Thomas to spend any more time with Harry than necessary. (When Harry asked for Meghan’s hand, Thomas said, “yes, as long as you don’t raise your hard to her.” Who says that?! Especially to a prince.) Meghan had Thomas measured for a suit, but she was planning to hustle him in and out of the UK as fast as possible. 

- Thomas Jr. (who seems to be a total asshole) sold his father’s address to the paparazzi, who got photos of him looking like a bum. Then Thomas’s idiot daughter Samantha made an arrangement with a photographer to take staged photos of Thomas that would allegedly look better (they didn’t). When they came out, Thomas lied to Meghan and said they weren’t staged. Meghan repeated this to her staff, who denied that they were staged. 

- Two weeks before the wedding, Thomas has chest pains and went to a Mexican first aid station, which didn’t do much.

- On May 11, Thomas repeated his denial to Harry, who didn’t believe him. The tabloids revealed that the photos were staged (they had security camera footage) on May 13. Meghan and Harry freaked out and Thomas felt awful, but time zone issues (and the ineffective involvement of a staff member) kept them from having a real conversation.

- On May 14, Thomas had chest pains again and asked a friend to drive him to a hospital in the US. Meanwhile, Harry and Meghan sent someone to drive him to LA and put him on a plane to the UK. This guy called Thomas, who told him he was going to the hospital instead. (Meghan said later that he refused to get into a waiting car, which wasn’t true.) Thomas stupidly spoke to TMZ before going to the hospital; the book doesn’t mention what he said.

- Meghan and Harry spent the next couple of days freaking out and sending texts. They finally got in touch by text and phone on the 16th. Thomas expected sympathy, but Harry was angry, so Thomas got angry too. They had a big argument and have not spoken since. After the wedding, Thomas gave an interview to Piers Morgan about how he wished he had been there.

- In July, Charles and the Queen urged Meghan to visit him and make up in person. Meghan felt that this was ridiculous because she had never been to his home in Mexico and the press would follow her. (Everyone else sees that plenty of people could have helped them meet discreetly in LA.) Meanwhile, Thomas went off on Meghan in the media for claiming that she had worked her way through school. 

- To placate her in-laws by contacting Thomas somehow, Meghan wrote him a letter. She knew that he would leak it, so it was also an opportunity to promote her side of the story. He leaked it.

That’s where things remain. H&M are fine with total estrangement and Thomas pops up in the media to be resentful sometimes.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

I imagine it will be like any other podcast where it will fluctuate, depending on the topic and people's interests. It's too early to call it a success or failure, either way. However, I do find it interesting the amount that people are a) wanting her to fail and b) paying attention to this at all. I doubt the same amount of scrutiny is going into Joe Rogen's podcast to see if he's *really* #2. Sexism is alive and well in 2022. 

I also wouldn't put much faith in the Tom Bower book being 100% factual. It seems heavily biased and Thomas Markle is not a reliable narrator. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I imagine it will be like any other podcast where it will fluctuate, depending on the topic and people's interests. It's too early to call it a success or failure, either way. However, I do find it interesting the amount that people are a) wanting her to fail and b) paying attention to this at all. I doubt the same amount of scrutiny is going into Joe Rogen's podcast to see if he's *really* #2. Sexism is alive and well in 2022. 

I also wouldn't put much faith in the Tom Bower book being 100% factual. It seems heavily biased and Thomas Markle is not a reliable narrator. 

Agreed, it seemed like an awful lot of people wanted the podcast to fail. And wanted the Sussex family to struggle. So. much for caring about children!

The animosity towards Meghan is clearly due to sexism and racism. It's about an uppity mixed-race woman who dares to question--and reject--tradition and to challenge racism.

Tom Bower demonstrates this well.  One of the "negative" things he wrote about Meghan was that she stood up to Harry's friends, when they were being racist. She was a stick-in-the-mud with a poor sense of humor, Bower says! According to him, laughing along with racist jokes was the "right" thing to so. He wrote this in his book without shame. 

Frankly, I think speaking out against these things must have taken  a lot of courage. But Bower thinks we'll be shocked and disapprove. 

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

- Thomas Jr. (who seems to be a total asshole) sold his father’s address to the paparazzi,

He does sounds like a total asshole.

2 hours ago, Melbelle said:

Looks like there's quite a few questions surrounding whether or not Archetypes actually is the #1, now #2 podcast:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11174031/Meghan-Markles-Archetypes-knocked-No-1-spot-Spotifys-podcast-rankings.html

It'll be interesting to see if people keep listening weekly, or if people were just checking in initially since there was quite a bit of media coverage.  

Who cares? Even if it's #2, that's still pretty great!

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, viii said:

Thomas Markle is not a reliable narrator. 

Like daughter, like father.  Finding factual truth between Thomas and Meghan could probably take time on what they had for lunch should they ever have lunch together again.

• Upvote 7

Can’t trust a word any Markle says because each of the other Markles will say something completely different according to their own particular axe to grind or need for public  attention. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Can’t trust a word any Markle says because each of the other Markles will say something completely different according to their own particular axe to grind or need for public  attention. 

Yes, they are all exactly the same! Good point.

14 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

But what Meghan does… that’s bashing and milking the Royal tit that’s gave her all this platform and voice.

Yes, no one should ever criticize the royal family. Just say good things about them. Hear that, Virginia Guiffre! 

The royal family didn't "give her" anything. They reluctantly allowed her into the family, they treated her badly, so she left. Now she's telling people what happened, instead of keeping the royal's secrets. She isn't keeping sweet.

It was rather silly of the royals to be so stiff-necked and inflexible. They chased the two of them away, and now they're sweating about what Meghan's podcasts and Harry's book will reveal.  They must be pretty unhappy.

Meghan, OTOH, is sitting pretty. She holds all the cards now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Like daughter, like father.  Finding factual truth between Thomas and Meghan could probably take time on what they had for lunch should they ever have lunch together again.

I know!

It's so different from Prince Andrew (""I don't recall meeting that woman") .

And Prince  Charles ("Camilla and I are just friends, Diana")

The Palace: ("We have no ties with the Nazis.")

Princess Anne ("I'm not having an affair with anyone!")

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This thread is giving me whiplash. It’s like arguing with a narcissist except that this narcissist is really arguing on behalf of M&H. Is there a term for that?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Yes, they are all exactly the same! Good point.

Yes, no one should ever criticize the royal family. Just say good things about them. Hear that, Virginia Guiffre! 

The royal family didn't "give her" anything. They reluctantly allowed her into the family, they treated her badly, so she left. Now she's telling people what happened, instead of keeping the royal's secrets. She isn't keeping sweet.

It was rather silly of the royals to be so stiff-necked and inflexible. They chased the two of them away, and now they're sweating about what Meghan's podcasts and Harry's book will reveal.  They must be pretty unhappy.

Meghan, OTOH, is sitting pretty. She holds all the cards now.

Whew. The spin is exhausting. I'm so dizzy.

I've figured it out now. You used to work for Trump. Kayleigh McEnany, is that you?:laughing-rolling:

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Bethenny Frankel does not approve of her. That is a shame. Everyone wants approval from Bethenny Frankel, the Real Housewives star. It's a mark that you've arrived. 

Bethany wants to control what Meghan says (Stop talking about the royal family! Stop trying to talk like Diana!!) and what Meghan does (Stop using Diana's mannerisms!).

Get off her jock! (Isnt' that Bethenny's classy saying?)

Most of here probably follow Bethenny Frankel religiously, so her word is really gospel. Of course she's not trying boost her own career by mention Meghan's name. No one would think that.

• Downvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

Yes. I am very sure her Majesty confided  all the darkest secrets of her family and her inner most thoughts and plans to Meghan Markle  and they are just terrified I tell you of her universal power and influence… 

The troll is getting more delusional by the day and it’s both hilarious and sad.

• Upvote 7

On 9/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, Jackie3 said:

A trainwreck that earned her $25 million. Now that's my kind of trainwreck!

She's laughing all the way to the bank.

Of course it’s your type. And of course she is laughing.

Most people strive to make an honest living, but there will always be some who have no integrity and are happy to laugh all the way to the bank, no matter how they earn their money.

• Upvote 9

Ok, who here follows Bethany Frankel religiously? Out yourselves! Do I win a booby prize for at least knowing she’s famous for being…famous? That’s right, right? Like she wasn’t a known commodity prior to …doing whatever it is that she’s apparently uber famous for? Did I spell her name right? I would just *hate* to insult such an uber celebrity by misspelling her name. 

• Haha 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic