IGNORED

Jana Duggar 15: Paying her court fine on Duggar time

HerNameIsBuffy

8 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

@ofDany you got it. 😉

Was coming to comment that you must be either PennDutch or live in a heavily PennDutch area! From PA, part PennDutch, and the number of times I was told to "stop ruching" as a kid...

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

But remember vacation bible school with the cookies and colored metal (whatever those metal dishes were called) pitcers of Koolaid? That somehow was the best 

At my VBS we always called it bug juice. No clue what it actually was, but loved the stuff. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

Oh, the lovely things I research based on the far afield discussions of this motley group.

”For most of the many species of black widows, cannibalism is the exception, not the rule, according to Rod Crawford of the Burke Museum of Natural History & Culture at the University of Washington.”

Also, it seems sexual cannibalism among spiders 🕷 is inextricably linked to size. The large male spiders avoid being consumed while the little guys get eaten! 

Mr. Basset just asked what I am reading and I got to tell him about the sexual proclivities of voracious female spiders and the cannibalistic escapades of large gals upon tiny fellas. He said he was thankful that he is quite a bit brawnier than me so I am unlikely to get any wild ideas. 

Uh oh. I’m a little bit bigger than Mr Jerm. 

nom nom nom 

• Haha 22

The best part of Bible school was when the cookie ladies would bring by the cookies and gallon of Kool-Aid. One in the church that I grew up in is still alive. She's a couple years older than my mom. When she passes I will toast her with cookies and some Kool-Aid, or at least flavored water.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

On 1/20/2022 at 5:26 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh my god I can’t handle how the British say aluminum! I like other British pronunciations like “laboratory.” That sounds so posh. But I can’t handle aluminum! It sounds like a totally different word. 

Well, we say plutonium, uranium, etc., so why not aluminium? 😁

• I Agree 5

I didn't see anything confirmed, but a lot of articles written based on a WOACB video.  Supposedly JD, Abbie, and Grace were in the plane.

Her source requested anonymity, can you believe it?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 4

Their is supposedly an investigation going on about the plane :

Substantial damage 

Screenshot_20220125-100328_Office.jpg

Edited by ven
Fingers
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 20
  • Love 1

If they were in an airplane accident why wasn't it all over SM asking for prayers and thanksgiving for being safe and healthy?  Also, Jana with Mich and two others are flying to CA, I assume to see Jinger and the crew. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Speaking of drinks. I’ll never forget the taste of that orange drink at McDonald’s. I know people my age know what I’m talking about. They always served it to drink at McDonalds birthday parties. It was super sweet and orange. When I had to take that horrible glucose test when I was pregnant, the orange flavor tasted just like that McDonalds drink! 

Oh man, they didn't flavour the glucose drink when I did that test. It just tasted like corn syrup. Gross. Hats off to the brave women who have to do the test twice!

• Upvote 7

I am not shocked by these yahoos crashing a plane. They were very lucky no one was injured, very lucky. Now the big question, will they continue to put children in these planes and pilot them themselves? Will Abbie agree to putting Gracie in that plane with JD in the cockpit? Are we sure he was the pilot? Wasn’t Abbie learning to fly too? Again, they are extremely lucky that the only injury suffered was to the plane-

God gave you a brain, use it!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I am not shocked by these yahoos crashing a plane. They were very lucky no one was injured, very lucky. Now the big question, will they continue to put children in these planes and pilot them themselves? Will Abbie agree to putting Gracie in that plane with JD in the cockpit? Are we sure he was the pilot? Wasn’t Abbie learning to fly too? Again, they are extremely lucky that the only injury suffered was to the plane-

God gave you a brain, use it!

I'm going to push back a bit on this.  JD has been flying for a number of years, safely, and has to take a flight test every few years.  Moreover, a "yahoo" is a "a rude, noisy, or violent person" and I don't see that as descriptive of JD.  NO one was injured, which suggests that regardless of the cause of the accident, JD was able to get it safely on the ground.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, gustava said:

I'm going to push back a bit on this.  JD has been flying for a number of years, safely, and has to take a flight test every few years.  Moreover, a "yahoo" is a "a rude, noisy, or violent person" and I don't see that as descriptive of JD.  NO one was injured, which suggests that regardless of the cause of the accident, JD was able to get it safely on the ground.

Agree to disagree. Ive never seen one iota of true education or adherence to basic rules displayed by any of these people. I would not get on ( or more importantly put my family members on) a small plane piloted by any of these people. I think they were all extremely lucky. And I hope the reports of the plane running out of fuel were untrue. If not, that shows a true lack of responsibility and common sense.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

And I hope the reports of the plane running out of fuel were untrue. If not, that shows a true lack of responsibility and common sense.

Yes. Even if the fuel was the issue, and even if the fuel gauge malfunctioned, isn't there a flight log of recent trips and when the plane was last fueled? Basic math estimation would have easily alerted the pilot before beginning another flight. JD may not be able to calculate those things or he was possibly too lazy or self-assured to estimate the amount of fuel available. Does he actually know how much fuel is required to fly a certain number of miles in that particular plane? In the past I had a car with a misbehaving fuel gauge. I kept records and checked my mileage. I've known others who have done that. For a car. On the ground.

• Upvote 6

There is also what my father taught me.  Never trust the fuel gauge on an aircraft.  Always verify the fuel level with a dip stick before take off.  

• Upvote 11

7 hours ago, gustava said:

I was curious when you posted this and looked it up, that's indeed the definition but I've never heard it used that way.

Colloquially where I live yahoo is short hand for an unsophisticated person who isn't very bright.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

A flight instructor (admittedly pushing the idea of flying as safe) told me that most small plane crashes are caused by "get there itis," people in a hurry who don't take all the need precautions.

That said, I agree JD apparently landed the plane safely, so that's a good thing at least.

• Upvote 6

Sharpies -textas

gas petrol

popsicle -iceblocks 

bangs -fringe 

7up sprite -lemonade 

lemonade - solo, pub squash lemon cordial depends if is carbonated or not 

tic tac toe - noughts and crosses 

chutes and ladders - snakes and ladders

spayed nuetered - desexed 

these last too have to be a Puritan thing can’t say sex and can’t refer to snakes lol 

Pickup/ truck - Ute  

Ac - air con 

McDonald’s - maccas 

Vacation/vacay - holidays 

Spring break etc - school holidays sometimes Christmas holidays Easter holidays 

Fanny - vagina let me tell you how many kids snickered at the Nanny song 

Barrette - hair clip 

fall - autumn but as none of our natives shed leaves only introduced species do we don’t have a massive fall of leaves 

Diapers - nappies 

pacifier- dummy 

onesie - bonds suit though I must say onesie is coming in 

period . - full stop . 

rubber - eraser ✏️ 

flip flops - thongs 

thongs - g strings 

bathroom - loo, toilet, dunny 

jelly - jam 

jello - jelly 

I also had a convo with an American friend about how many meanings the phrase knock off had 

Fake 

steal 

finish work 

kill (knocked off knocked themselves) 

it’s like the using the word chips for Aussies use it in a sentence and you just know what the meant to convey  

I’m sure I’ll think of ten more as soon as I hit submit 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

On 1/26/2022 at 9:25 AM, gustava said:

Moreover, a "yahoo" is a "a rude, noisy, or violent person" and I don't see that as descriptive of JD.  NO one was injured, which suggests that regardless of the cause of the accident, JD was able to get it safely on the ground.

I’d say that described his behavior in the Bahamas after the hurricane…

• Upvote 5

On 1/28/2022 at 7:18 AM, AussieKrissy said:

rubber - eraser ✏️ 

A rubber is a condom in the States-erasers are on pencils lol

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic