IGNORED

Jana Duggar 15: Paying her court fine on Duggar time

HerNameIsBuffy

48 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I'm always surprised how much shorter Josie is compared to Jordyn or Mack, who are only about a year or less older than her. I kinda thought preemies would catch up eventually, but she looks completely different to all the other girls, in so many ways, it's so interesting. Do you guys think it's due to genetics in general (she would've been smaller, blonder etc) or mostly because she was born so early?

not bodyshaming her - just genuinly interested.

She’s always been little, but I think it has always looked more pronounced because the 3 girls closet in age are all on the taller/bigger side for Duggar’s. And at this age it’s VERY  pronounced with the other girls because Jordyn and Myckenzie have both done that sudden change from little girl to teen look. 
Mykenzie in particular seems like she aged 3 years since Christmas!

It’s like at any middle school - you have kids who look like they should still have to hold an adults hand to cross the street and kids who look like they could drive and a whole lot of awkward in-between. 

I think in general she resembles Josiah/Justin/ Jackson - more slight and blond than the others. Jinger has a similar face and body type, just darker coloring. And she’ll probably be petite like Michelle. And as Jermajesty said, being a micro-preemie - maybe affected her growth a bit. 

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

She probably has, essentially. Poor kid. Stress will age people and she has got to be stressed. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

She’s always been little, but I think it has always looked more pronounced because the 3 girls closet in age are all on the taller/bigger side for Duggar’s. And at this age it’s VERY  pronounced with the other girls because Jordyn and Myckenzie have both done that sudden change from little girl to teen look. 

It’s like at any middle school - you have kids who look like they should still have to hold an adults hand to cross the street and kids who look like they could drive and a whole lot of awkward in-between. 

I think in general she resembles Josiah/Justin/ Jackson - more slight and blond than the others. Jinger has a similar face and body type, just darker coloring. And she’ll probably be petite like Michelle. And as Jermajesty said, being a micro-preemie - maybe affected her growth a bit. 

I think she looks a lot like Justin.  I don't always see the resemblance in people that others do, but that one jumps out at me.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

She probably has, essentially. Poor kid. Stress will age people and she has got to be stressed. 

That’s sad. I definitely see what you mean, but I meant more just the normal change at that age. For some kids it’s SO sudden. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Such an awkward age.  I got my full height of 5'7" at 12 and it seemed to take forever for the boys to catch up.

4 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

That’s sad. I definitely see what you mean, but I meant more just the normal change at that age. For some kids it’s SO sudden. 

Agreed, I remember my kids at that age going from looking like children to teens almost overnight.  And my boys each had a summer where they shot up ~6 inches.  It's really drastic with some kids.

• Upvote 2

Josie is also inexplicably in socked feet while everyone else has on shoes. That would give her another half inch or so of height. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Such an awkward age.  I got my full height of 5'7" at 12 and it seemed to take forever for the boys to catch up.

Agreed, I remember my kids at that age going from looking like children to teens almost overnight.  And my boys each had a summer where they shot up ~6 inches.  It's really drastic with some kids.

I was 6' by 11 and grew another 3 inches by 13. It was hell. 

My son is shorter than I was at his age but my brothers were too until high school and now they're 6'4" and 6'5". My ex claimed to be 6'but as my mom says, the shortest 6 feet she's ever met. He's more like 5'10-11".

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, zee_four said:

I was 6' by 11 and grew another 3 inches by 13. It was hell. 

My son is shorter than I was at his age but my brothers were too until high school and now they're 6'4" and 6'5". My ex claimed to be 6'but as my mom says, the shortest 6 feet she's ever met. He's more like 5'10-11".

It’s hard on both ends of the spectrum! I was short, flat-chested and looked like a little girl forever. I got bullied about having “no boobs” into university. I wish we could all just leave each other alone about bodies or follow Thumper’s father’s advice “If you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 12

On 2/23/2022 at 10:36 AM, theotherelise said:

Jana did not appear to attend Hannah Wissman's bridal shower last weekend. That's the biggest sign to me that there was definitely a courtship with Stephen and it is definitely over.

IMG_9660.thumb.jpg.ef221bc09b32531282bb16bcee278653.jpg

I recognize Michelle and Josie but I have no idea who the rest of them are. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I recognize Michelle and Josie but I have no idea who the rest of them are. 

Left to right Jordyn, Johannah, Hannah, Michelle, Josie, Mac, and Jennifer.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

They all look so unkempt. Their hair  is uncombed, stringy and dirty. They did not make any attempt to dress up a bit.   This is an celebration  not a visit to the gas station.  Without Jana to do the work and give her cover  Michelle fails to even understand why she should pay some attention to her family.  

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

They all look so unkempt. Their hair  is uncombed, stringy and dirty. They did not make any attempt to dress up a bit.   This is an celebration  not a visit to the gas station.  Without Jana to do the work and give her cover  Michelle fails to even understand why she should pay some attention to her family.  

Yes, the crunchy curls are out of fashion, now replaced with the day-5-of-the-dry-shampoo look. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

They look like normal fine-haired people to me. Calling them “dirty and unkempt” is a bit of a stretch. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

It looks like only the younger sisters went with Michelle- Jana probably had to stay at home and cook for the remaining howlers.

And raise Annal’s kids

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It looks like only the younger sisters went with Michelle- Jana probably had to stay at home and cook for the remaining howlers.

Since the howlers are down to Jackson can we start considering JB a howler as well?  I'd love to be able to forget which one he is.

19 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

They look like normal fine-haired people to me. Calling them “dirty and unkempt” is a bit of a stretch. 

I think it looks like Michelle was only concerned with getting herself together.  With only 6 kids left at home, which is a large but normal sized family, I was hoping the remaining kids would appear to be better cared for.

Don't get me wrong, I am not ragging on the girls but kids often need a bit of help to be event appropriate, if they go through an awkward stage, and Michelle is failing even an easy parenting task.

• Upvote 10

On 2/23/2022 at 5:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is what I’ve read about height. Genetics predetermine a range of height you’ll be when you’re born. So your genetics could say you are going to be between 5’3 and 5’6. And then all the environmental factors come into play. Like were you born a micro premie, were you starved, did you lack certain nutrients, were you exposed to toxins? And that determines if you will be on the lower or higher side of your predetermined height range. So with Josie, my guess is both genetics and being born premature.

What happens if both parents were born at the short side of their range? Would their child then have a new range based on their parents actual height, as opposed to the height that they genetically could have been? 

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

What happens if both parents were born at the short side of their range? Would their child then have a new range based on their parents actual height, as opposed to the height that they genetically could have been? 

Oh everyone’s different. Those short parents could have an ancestor who was tall so the kid could have a higher range than the parents. Or they could be just like the parents.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh everyone’s different. Those short parents could have an ancestor who was tall so the kid could have a higher range than the parents. Or they could be just like the parents.

That's my husband - his dad MAYBE topped out at 5ft 6 and his mom is very wee. All eight of his siblings are about average. Hubs is 6ft1inch. He says that his mom had really tall brothers, she just ended up very wee. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Meggo said:

That's my husband - his dad MAYBE topped out at 5ft 6 and his mom is very wee. All eight of his siblings are about average. Hubs is 6ft1inch. He says that his mom had really tall brothers, she just ended up very wee. 

This was a friend and her husband.   He was 5' 6", she was 5' 4" and their son towered over both of them at 6" 1"

• Upvote 3

On 2/23/2022 at 1:57 PM, Expectopatronus said:

I can’t get over how grownup Jenni, Jordyn and Mackenzie all look! 

Getting ready for courtin' time

• Sad 4

19 hours ago, Lurker said:

To me it looks like Jennifer and Mackenzie tried. The rest of the J girls, no.

• I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic