IGNORED

Jana Duggar 15: Paying her court fine on Duggar time

HerNameIsBuffy

16 hours ago, gustava said:

Did we ever find out any details on the charge against Jana?

I'm not even sure if she ever paid her second fine ($880).

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

I'm not even sure if she ever paid her second fine ($880).

Why were there two fines?  Were there two "incidents"?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Why were there two fines?  Were there two "incidents"?

Most likely is that there was one set of fines/fees related to court filing cost, local surcharge for x,y and z programs funds - and then the actual fine. At least where I live that’s pretty standard. Like you get a traffic ticket and it’s broken down into a bunch of categories. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Jana's latest instgram shows her wearing tight blue jeans and working on some project. I was slightly impressed.

11 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Jana's latest instgram shows her wearing tight blue jeans and working on some project. I was slightly impressed.

Maybe if she was 15, but she’s a 32 YO woman. My son is 31, and what he does and has been doing doing for over a decade is starkly different. Even Sarah Maxwell got out from under dad”s thumb and is living her own life. Maybe Jana is too. I keep hoping that Jana has moved out, has a job, is captain of her own domain and just keeping it all private, because if not, she is nothing but a prisoner. Life is way too short-

• Upvote 9

Jana really needs to up her home improvement influencer game. Right now it sucks. Bad. If she wants more followers she will need to do more than pose while drilling a random piece of wood.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@JermajestyDuggar, if you look in the comments her humpers think doing just that warrants a show on HGTV!

Of course! You need an actual personality to have a show in HGTV. And they beat all the personality out of Jana years ago. 

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And they beat all the personality out of Jana years ago. 

To be fair, liking pickles or being told you enjoy sewing is *having a personality* in that family.

• Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, Bobology said:

To be fair, liking pickles or being told you enjoy sewing is *having a personality* in that family.

And liking coffee! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

An HGTV show? But we already have Chip and Joanna Gaines. And everything she does seems lifted right off of what they do.

• Upvote 4

How come people never suggest that Jana get a job at Wal Mart or Lowes? Or Chick-fil-A? Why do the humpers jump to a TV job? Get real. Jana lacks the skills and personality needed for an entertainment career.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

How come people never suggest that Jana get a job at Wal Mart or Lowes? Or Chick-fil-A? Why do the humpers jump to a TV job? Get real. Jana lacks the skills and personality needed for an entertainment career.

Exactly. Isn’t that where so many young fundies work because they get Sundays off? Go work at CFA. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jana lacks the skills and personality needed for an entertainment career.

But she does have the hair!

• Haha 4

On 3/10/2022 at 2:46 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly. Isn’t that where so many young fundies work because they get Sundays off? Go work at CFA. 

Not sure she's bright-eyed and friendly enough to work at Chick-fil-A.

I hate myself for loving CFA, but I have that personality type and love having my smiles and enthusiasm reciprocated for once.

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Not sure she's bright-eyed and friendly enough to work at Chick-fil-A.

I hate myself for loving CFA, but I have that personality type and love having my smiles and enthusiasm reciprocated for once.

Oh she’s been faking it since toddlerhood! She could fake smile with the best of them. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh she’s been faking it since toddlerhood! She could fake smile with the best of them. 

But would she be willing to at this point? I get the impression that Jana is much meaner than we all tend to acknowledge and at this point is done with the bullshit facade. I could see Lowes or Home Depot, but Chick-fil-A hires YOUNG and I see Jana as being fully done with that bullshit.

• Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

Y’all left out Hobby Lobby.  Closed on Sunday.  Fits crafty, home decor thing she’s got going.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

But would she be willing to at this point? I get the impression that Jana is much meaner than we all tend to acknowledge and at this point is done with the bullshit facade. I could see Lowes or Home Depot, but Chick-fil-A hires YOUNG and I see Jana as being fully done with that bullshit.

Oh I think she’s still pulling her weight for the family. And would plaster on a smile if JB said to. However I bet she thinks CFA is beneath her. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I think she’s still pulling her weight for the family. And would plaster on a smile if JB said to. However I bet she thinks CFA is beneath her. 

I think JB and M raised those kids to think working for any business not labeled “Duggar” was beneath all 19 of those kids.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

I don’t think it would occur to Jana to get a non-Duggar job. Why would she need one? All her expenses are paid by her parents and they obviously give her spending money or she wouldn’t be able to travel all the time. I am sure she looks down on the poor women being forced to work because they don’t have Godly, rich parents to pay their bills. Hell, If Jana should ever marry she knows she will also be in line for a nice house from her parents. Jana probably thinks she has been given so much because she is following God’s word unlike the rest of us heathens. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

22 hours ago, clueliss said:

Y’all left out Hobby Lobby.  Closed on Sunday.  Fits crafty, home decor thing she’s got going.

I don't know if it's still this way, but Hobby Lobby is just closed to shoppers on Monday. Employees still had to stick shelves on Sundays when I applied for a job there 100 years ago

15 hours ago, socalrules said:

I don’t think it would occur to Jana to get a non-Duggar job. Why would she need one? All her expenses are paid by her parents and they obviously give her spending money or she wouldn’t be able to travel all the time. I am sure she looks down on the poor women being forced to work because they don’t have Godly, rich parents to pay their bills. Hell, If Jana should ever marry she knows she will also be in line for a nice house from her parents. Jana probably thinks she has been given so much because she is following God’s word unlike the rest of us heathens. 

Self worth? Personal accomplishment? Contributing to society at large? She can’t be that myopic, can she?

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Self worth? Personal accomplishment? Contributing to society at large? She can’t be that myopic, can she?

It’s hard to know with Jana.  I suppose the options are

• She either is totally buying into the Duggar brand or
  • She has the lazy gene that most of her siblings have and thinks she did enough unpaid work for the show so she’ll continue with her life of hobbies, travel and social media until the money runs out or
  • She has had the ability to think independently beaten out of her by staying so long under JB & M’s rule.
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

It’s hard to know with Jana.  I suppose the options are

• She either is totally buying into the Duggar brand or
  • She has the lazy gene that most of her siblings have and thinks she did enough unpaid work for the show so she’ll continue with her life of hobbies, travel and social media until the money runs out or
  • She has had the ability to think independently beaten out of her by staying so long under JB & M’s rule.

I’d also say she is tired. She was parentalized as a child, she may feel like she put in her years of work and now she’s done.

I was also parentalized as a kid and by 5th grade I was TIRED. I remember when it was time to go to college I didn’t want to, I didn’t want to launch myself, I was exhausted.

Edited by Father Son Holy Goat
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic