IGNORED

Jana Duggar 15: Paying her court fine on Duggar time

HerNameIsBuffy

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to Jana Duggar 15: Paying her court fine on Duggar time

Any hope that the Duggars have learned from their experiences and afforded their younger children some privacy has disappeared. Jana is going back to basics with her attempt to relaunch the Duggar brand- pictures of Michelle and the younger daughters going thrift shopping. She edits the comments of course but the humpers love it and ‘miss them’.

I expect her to revert to trips to the dentist, tater tot casserole recipes and doing each other’s perms. It worked before, so why not now. They really don’t seem to want to accept that it’s over- we’ve seen them for what they really are.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Any hope that the Duggars have learned from their experiences and afforded their younger children some privacy has disappeared. Jana is going back to basics with her attempt to relaunch the Duggar brand- pictures of Michelle and the younger daughters going thrift shopping. She edits the comments of course but the humpers love it and ‘miss them’.

I expect her to revert to trips to the dentist, tater tot casserole recipes and doing each other’s perms. It worked before, so why not now. They really don’t seem to want to accept that it’s over- we’ve seen them for what they really are.

I predicted that they would move more towards social media and YouTube to get their money and keep their fame going. They can be in complete control and I bet they will like it even better than TLC. But the money will be less. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I predicted that they would move more towards social media and YouTube to get their money and keep their fame going. They can be in complete control and I bet they will like it even better than TLC. But the money will be less. 

I would think most reality show  stars  would prefer social media and YouTube to produced shows. More control, less invasive. For JB and Michelle (and I guess Jana) it will mean less money, since JB controlled who got what out of a large sum . But for the individuals with a decent following - It will probably be a great deal more income for their own family’s. 

• Upvote 5

Plus the ones with large followings already have their own YouTube - Jill, Jessa, Joy & Jinger. I don’t know if any of the sons have one, but I doubt they are as lucrative as the daughters’ channels. I think that is why Jana is having to lead the way for JB & M- she has a large Instagram following and the sympathy of the humpers.

I doubt any of the older daughters want to jeopardise their own income to help out with a family YouTube as they know they’re not going to get anything from it.

• Upvote 5

The thread title should be changed to JB is paying Jana’s fine on Duggar Time. Does Jana work? 

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The thread title should be changed to JB is paying Jana’s fine on Duggar Time. Does Jana work? 

According to JB no.

But, she's helped made her parents a lot of money through the shows.  She's done so much childcare and chores for them (and still likely does), that she's essentially done the role of full time stay at home parent since she was under 10.  If we recognise stay at home parents as contributing to the household (and having access to money earned by the household) we should recognise Jana.  She's also known to be one of the biggest curators on the Duggar family accounts, and thus influential in marketing the family.

I would argue that Jana does work, just not paid.  Without Jana, the Duggars wouldn't have been as successful as they are now and she's almost certainly earned them hundreds of thousands more dollars than she's cost them with the legal troubles.

• Upvote 38
  • I Agree 9

Jana was more responsible for the success of Counting On than JB ever was. She had more screen time and talking heads and a far bigger following than JB ever did. So yes, Jana works and worked and deserves to be paid for that. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

Yes, Jana should have been paid  all along, but unfortunately reality TV has no such protections in place. Of course as a 32 YO women she could speak up and demand the money owed. She’s been an adult and adulting forever-

• Upvote 4

On 1/9/2022 at 8:24 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think the money will be less. Reality shows don’t pay as well as monetized social media. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/9/2022 at 4:02 AM, Idlewild said:

I expect her to revert to trips to the dentist, tater tot casserole recipes and doing each other’s perms.

I first had tater tot casserole at Opie's BBQ in Spicewood Springs, TX.  It was to die for, literally, but you'd die happy.  Then I found out about Mormon funeral potatoes.  Tater tot casserole is no small thing and should never be denigrated as unworthy of our attention. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

@Howl I’ve never had it, I’ve never even seen tater tots in England though they may be available. None of the stuff the Duggars cooked on the show ever looked very appetising to me, but it may have tasted better than it looked! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@Howl I’ve never had it, I’ve never even seen tater tots in England though they may be available. None of the stuff the Duggars cooked on the show ever looked very appetising to me, but it may have tasted better than it looked! 

I bet you could substitute hash brown patties for tater tots. I grew up eating TTC. I liked it although it wasn’t my absolute favorite. But I never hated it. Casseroles are so normal where I’m from. I liked TTC better than Shepherd's Pie though. 

• Upvote 3

We never hate casseroles in my parents’ home, but as an adult, I have found the love. Mac and cheese, Enchilada casserole , anything with potatoes..yum!

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet you could substitute hash brown patties for tater tots. I grew up eating TTC. I liked it although it wasn’t my absolute favorite. But I never hated it. Casseroles are so normal where I’m from. I liked TTC better than Shepherd's Pie though. 

Oh, I can’t agree.  I love Shepherd’s Pie, though like everything else, it has to be made with fresh ingredients (not canned stew and dehydrated mashed potatoes) to be really good.

I also recommend a cousin of Shepherd’s Pie called Pastelón which consists of ground beef, browned and seasoned (a lot like taco meat) and cooked in tomato sauce, then topped with fresh mashed potatoes and browned.

As for tater tots, they are just grated potatoes with seasoning, formed into little “nuggets.”  The story behind them is they were originally developed by some company to use up bits and pieces of potatoes left from preparing frozen french fries (“chips” to Brits) and scalloped potatoes.  As you say, they resemble hash browns, and frozen hash browns can probably substitute.

(Hash browns are cousins of the latke or potato pancake but without egg and onion, usually.)

(Sorry for the long culinary post. Food is so interesting!)

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 7

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

SIL made a breakfast tater tot casserole when we were camping. Delicious.

I’ve never had one but I can see that could pretty easily be made into a breakfast casserole. Hash browns instead of tater tots. Sausage for the meat. With some eggs and cheese of your choice. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

I mean, if we're admitting food loves, I enjoy a tasty tater tot casserole. A lot. 🤣 

I have actually never made it.  My husband loves tater tots, so maybe I should. (I tend to steer clear of frozen fried food, but the pandemic has forced me to buy tater tots.)

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wish Jana would fight JB for the money she’s owed like Jill. They all deserve to be paid. 

While I agree that the kids should have been paid, Jana has a lot to lose if she challenges her father. He could kick her out, or charge her rent, expect her to pay for food, clothing, car, insurance, dental care, medical expenses, etc. Also, she may not want to risk being cut off from the younger children if she angers her father. Jana has had a limited formal education but does have skills in sewing, gardening, building, and decorating. She can run a home and raise children. But what type of career could she have now? One that would support her fairly well, I mean.

I remember years ago we discussed whether the adult kids got paid for the show. As I recall, the general consensus was that the kids 18 and older would HAVE to sign contracts and be paid since they were legal adults. How wrong that was, according to the Dillards!

• Upvote 5

Currently reading a good book called “The Nice Girl Syndrome: Stop Being Manipulated and Abused -- and Start Standing Up for Yourself”. Among other things it discusses the different kinds of false beliefs perpetually nice women have and one of them is: “If I Act Naive and Innocent, People Will Take Care of Me and I Won't Have to Grow Up.” This and other beliefs come about through societal conditioning, biological predisposition, familial beliefs and personal experiences.

Jana’s religion and family melded her into a sweet precious lil thang. She took on the role because it was the path of least resistance. Instead of marrying a man, she married the image of herself others want her to be: dependable, agreeable, passive, pretty, never acts smarter than a man, yields, facilitates, is selfless. She could have gotten married and flown the coop, but she’s something of a failure to launch. JBee and Meesh simply spun it into a positive for themselves. 

1D330D85-854A-4819-973F-CA6B4B538CEE.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic