IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

Well that's the first of many weddings Josh won't be attending 

Edited by SPHASH
  • Upvote 20
  • Haha 15

Jeremiah is officially engaged to Hannah. So, wedding in April?

Jer has done a few things that give me a little hope. Not only does he have his GED he also has an actual Real Estate License. He has dated Hannah for well over a year and he refers to her as his girlfriend and has posted pictures of actual hugs between them, not just side hugs. 

It isn’t a crazy amount of rebellion, the term girlfriend, and actual hugs, but it is more than any of his siblings have managed except Jill. 

I really do hope they have had the opportunity to get to know each other in a meaningful way. 

5DA41048-E84E-4FAB-800B-91F6E8B094CB.jpeg

Edited by Bassett Lady
  • Upvote 10
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Other than his hairline Jeremiah doesn’t really look like his brothers. 

He’s definitely always had his own look in the family. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

At least he can't be forced to have Josh in his wedding party. I've felt some of the Duggars only had Josh in the wedding party because Jim Bob pressured them. From now on, they can make more of their own choices. And the camera won't have to have "sunspots".

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

I get ‘look, we’re normal’ vibes from these two. Now there’s no TV show and unlikely to be any People magazine shoots, they probably don’t have to put on a JB choreographed show of fake modesty. Sure, they are conservative Christians but hopefully none of the nonsense we saw with the earlier weddings. It will be interesting to see how much they disclose of the wedding and whether all the Duggars attend.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

I get ‘look, we’re normal’ vibes from these two. Now there’s no TV show and unlikely to be any People magazine shoots, they probably don’t have to put on a JB choreographed show of fake modesty. Sure, they are conservative Christians but hopefully none of the nonsense we saw with the earlier weddings. It will be interesting to see how much they disclose of the wedding and whether all the Duggars attend.

The Wissmanns are very fundie so I’m sure they are a truly fundie couple. However the Wissmanns are sort of like the Bateses because they know how to look normal on social media. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

It's also possible that the Duggars are looking for positive publicity and are trying to distance themselves from the craziest version of themselves. The public has turned on them. They may want to show a more normal facade to the world. 

Joe also has his real estate license and I wouldn't call him rebellious. 

Since the newest Josh problems, we've seen Jana in pants and Anna in more revealing outfits at trial.

Anyway, I wish these two luck despite the cult. It would be nice if they could find their way out together.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Joe also has his real estate license and I wouldn't call him rebellious. 

Totally true, but the combination of dating for an almost reasonable amount of time, plus calling her a girlfriend, and much more normal physical contact all seem like he might be attempting to make his own choices and preparing to be a function adult. A real estate license requires some work and very few of the others have gotten any certifications or credentials to be employable. 

It isn’t radical in the real word, but pretty darn impressive for a Duggarling. 

They actually seem in love and have a few signs of a healthier adult lifestyle. I am going to be in the hopeful camp, at least for a while. 

I am a relentless optimist, however. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, Bassett Lady said:

Totally true, but the combination of dating for an almost reasonable amount of time, plus calling her a girlfriend, and much more normal physical contact all seem like he might be attempting to make his own choices and preparing to be a function adult. A real estate license requires some work and very few of the others have gotten any certifications or credentials to be employable. 

It isn’t radical in the real word, but pretty darn impressive for a Duggarling. 

They actually seem in love and have a few signs of a healthier adult lifestyle. I am going to be in the hopeful camp, at least for a while. 

I am a relentless optimist, however. 

He might be calling her girlfriend because the Wissmanns use that term. Nate calls Katrina his girlfriend. Matthias called Michelle his girlfriend before they got engaged. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

I have almost no hope for them sorry. Like two weeks ago one of her siblings tagged her on IG as the person they know who is most likely to have the most kids. Yeah they've front hugged and use the word girlfriend. So what.

I do think it's great he has an actual real estate license and may be able to earn money and do agree that's more than a lot of his brothers and brothers in law have. But I don't think that or the front hugs mean anything.  These two are deep in the kool aid of cult land.

I do hope they'll manage to swim their way out of the kool aid and certainly it's possible.  But I'm not optimistic about it and don't think they're more likely to be able to do it than any of his other siblings.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

None of the married adult Wissmanns have rebelled that we know of. I really don’t see it happening anytime soon. I think the Wissmanns had a fairly decent life growing up. That can keep a lot of the grown kids in the same beliefs as their parents. They think that because they had a decent childhood, they will do things the same way ads their parents. With all the abuse and court involvement with the Duggars? It’s not a surprise that some have distanced themselves from some of their parents’ beliefs. But I don’t see the Wissmanns doing that anytime soon. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I remember from the show that he liked to play chess.  This tells me that he has at least some ability and affinity for analysis.  If that's true he can - if he chooses - take a critical look at what he has been fed and make decisions from there.  Again, if he chooses.

I've always found him likable, in contrast to his twin.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He might be calling her girlfriend because the Wissmanns use that term. Nate calls Katrina his girlfriend. Matthias called Michelle his girlfriend before they got engaged. 

I also think JB may like this little change. It's a distraction from the other family news.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

None of the married adult Wissmanns have rebelled that we know of. I really don’t see it happening anytime soon. I think the Wissmanns had a fairly decent life growing up. That can keep a lot of the grown kids in the same beliefs as their parents. They think that because they had a decent childhood, they will do things the same way ads their parents. With all the abuse and court involvement with the Duggars? It’s not a surprise that some have distanced themselves from some of their parents’ beliefs. But I don’t see the Wissmanns doing that anytime soon. 

The Wissmanns seem to have a good work ethic. Big difference to the fairly lazy Duggars. 

• Upvote 5

Does Jed sell houses for Jim Bob or does he work at a real realty company? Has he ever actually sold a house? Does he actually do the work of selling homes or will he just be another sibling financially supported by their parents?

Edited by socalrules
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Does Jed sell houses for Jim Bob or does he work at a real realty company? Has he ever actually sold a house? Does he actually do the work of selling homes or will he just be another sibling financially supported by their parents?

Jed, Boob and Joe all work for Good Neighbor Realty, which originally belonged to Boob’s parents. Joe is the broker and Jed and Boob are agents. Since the brokerage isn’t public-facing, who knows who sells what. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It will be interesting to see how much they disclose of the wedding and whether all the Duggars attend.

We know one Duggar who won’t be attending. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic