IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How old is Bethany? 35?  It probably won't be an issue for her to have 3 more kids.  I doubt she will have more than 10 total.

Yes, she’s 35. The thing about Beth is that she doesn’t have close together pregnancies. So I’m not expecting her to suddenly have close together pregnancy in her late 30s and early 40s when fertility usually gets less reliable. Therefore it’s possible she will only have 3 more, but maybe 4 or 5. But my overall guess is 3 more. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

. Rachel also had 4 years of infertility before having 3 in a row and then 2 second trimester miscarriages in a row. Ruth married in her early 30s and so did Rachel. Ruth has had 4 boys in rapid succession. If she had gotten married earlier, she probably would have had the most kids. I’m guessing Ruth will have 2-4 more children. Rachel will definitely keep trying but I’m afraid she may have more miscarriages.  

Rachel posted to her stories a few days ago that she hasn't managed to get pregnant since her last miscarriage but she is actively trying, so she is likely dealing with declining fertility as well as her losses. I think she will keep trying as long as possible. 

• Upvote 10

Just now, CanadianMamam said:

Rachel posted to her stories a few days ago that she hasn't managed to get pregnant since her last miscarriage but she is actively trying, so she is likely dealing with declining fertility as well as her losses. I think she will keep trying as long as possible. 

Definitely. She seems like she wants a big family and is disappointed she only has 3. 

• Upvote 8

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Definitely. She seems like she wants a big family and is disappointed she only has 3. 

I wonder if once their kids are grown the ones with “only” three or four kids ever reach a point of seeing how much better all of their lives are than the families with double digit children. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Well the Duggar marriage proposal production values have really gone up since Josh asked Anna to marry him. Kinda makes me wonder if Anna is jealous of these younger women getting the question popped to them in much better scenarios than in a diner at a table with dirty plates, water glasses and parents present. Not that I’m a fan of the picture perfect man-in-suit-on-bended-knee with woman in flowing gown amidst a nature background thing. Far too staged for my tastes. (Ugh, Anna looks so much like Meech in these pics).

16581652-8BC1-4CF2-84FA-2D66F16BFC40.jpeg

E76D58EF-C964-4180-8383-4252213BA902.jpeg

8884DFF7-6548-4242-BA91-F3B2519D5DEF.jpeg

Jill had a pretty-close-to-the-parking-lot proposal. But it seemed more heartfelt and genuine, not staged for social media.

199E2F0C-532A-4294-99AD-AE43A3DC0397.jpeg

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

9 hours ago, Giraffe said:

I wonder if once their kids are grown the ones with “only” three or four kids ever reach a point of seeing how much better all of their lives are than the families with double digit children. 

I think Jill Dillard had already figured that out-

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3

I think proposals have moved on a lot generally, not just for fundies- like baby showers and rehearsal dinners they’re things nobody in my generation (in England) made a big deal of but now I see them everywhere on social media.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I think proposals have moved on a lot generally, not just for fundies- like baby showers and rehearsal dinners they’re things nobody in my generation (in England) made a big deal of but now I see them everywhere on social media.

I agree. I feel like an old fart. I just can’t get into all the social media productions people feel as if they must go through when it comes to life events. I think I’m just too low key and private to do anything big or fancy. Literally no one was around when my husband proposed to me. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 14

My husband never actually proposed. We were running some errands and he pulled up in front of a jewelry store and said "Let's go get your engagement ring.". Romantic, right? He was the perfect husband for me, but didn't talk about about his feelings. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 26

Are “promprosals” still a thing? It’s a school dance, for God’s sake. Don’t make a huge production of it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Are “promprosals” still a thing? It’s a school dance, for God’s sake. Don’t make a huge production of it.

I think everything that gets you likes on social media is still “a thing.” So probably. Although Covid has probably changed a few things. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Ugh, yes. They're so ridiculous. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think Jill Dillard had already figured that out-

Of course. I was only referring to those who still want “as many as god will give,” not those  who’ve obviously figured it out before their kids are grown. 

My husband asked me to marry him after my parents' anniversary lunch, while I'm busy eating cake in my dad's study. No ring, of course. Not romantic or grand. At all.

But in my country we're only considered "officially engaged" after an engagement ceremony/party, so we did the whole wedding prep as boyfriend and girlfriend because we decided to do the engagement ceremony/party a week before our wedding. At least we have nice photos of him on bended knee, with ring in hand, in front of our families because of that.  🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think everything that gets you likes on social media is still “a thing.” So probably. Although Covid has probably changed a few things. 

Not the last two years. I’m glad some of the schools here got a homecoming dance this fall. That’s been it since the start of 2020. 

9 hours ago, Cam said:

Well the Duggar marriage proposal production values have really gone up since Josh asked Anna to marry him. Kinda makes me wonder if Anna is jealous of these younger women getting the question popped to them in much better scenarios than in a diner at a table with dirty plates, water glasses and parents present. Not that I’m a fan of the picture perfect man-in-suit-on-bended-knee with woman in flowing gown amidst a nature background thing. Far too staged for my tastes. (Ugh, Anna looks so much like Meech in these pics).

Jill had a pretty-close-to-the-parking-lot proposal. But it seemed more heartfelt and genuine, not staged for social media.

Watching that Anna video recently I felt like she was cowering the corner of the booth- almost terrified.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Not the last two years. I’m glad some of the schools here got a homecoming dance this fall. That’s been it since the start of 2020. 

My nephew graduated in 2020 and his prom was cancelled. So his school had an outdoor prom in 2021 and invited the class of 2020 since theirs was cancelled. It was nice to think of them. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

On 1/7/2022 at 9:44 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her newest post makes me think she got a positive pregnancy test (but sn't ready to announce). If that is the case, I hope it ends better than the last two. I do think she struggles with a smaller family.

13 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Her newest post makes me think she got a positive pregnancy test (but sn't ready to announce). If that is the case, I hope it ends better than the last two. I do think she struggles with a smaller family.

She didn’t announce her last pregnancy until she had miscarried. I think if she does get pregnant, she won’t be announcing for months.

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. I feel like an old fart. I just can’t get into all the social media productions people feel as if they must go through when it comes to life events. I think I’m just too low key and private to do anything big or fancy. Literally no one was around when my husband proposed to me. 

Same.  We got engaged in private, like normal adults. And happy to live my life unrehearsed and unstaged.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She didn’t announce her last pregnancy until she had miscarried. I think if she does get pregnant, she won’t be announcing for months.

Oh yeah, I know she won't announce until she is pas the same point, but I got the vibe that she got good news.

I see an early April/late March wedding for Hannah and Jer, It seems they gor engaged around Christmas week based on various sibling tahnked in the ig post being away for New Year week and them (Jerand Hannah) being at the Duggar's IIRC 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Same.  We got engaged in private, like normal adults. And happy to live my life unrehearsed and unstaged.

Also same. We got engaged on a beach in Alabama on vacation. It was a private beach and nobody was there. Just me, him and the fishes. We have no pictures of it or anything but I would take that any day over some big production. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

Also same. We got engaged on a beach in Alabama on vacation. It was a private beach and nobody was there. Just me, him and the fishes. We have no pictures of it or anything but I would take that any day over some big production. 

We don’t have any pics either since we were alone. Although it would have made for some pretty pics since the snow was very sparkly from the street lights at night. It looked glittery. I just realized yesterday was the anniversary of our engagement. Lucky 13 years ago. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

On 1/8/2022 at 6:33 AM, Cam said:

As a quick note, from comments made since then, it sounds like Josh apparently *planned* to propose out on (the East Palatka) Corky Bell's Seafood at Gator Landing's outdoor patio which is a much more attractive location than indoors. But since it was raining Anna and her parents ended up eating inside, leading to the whole weird corner proposal spot. So it would still have been much less formal and fancy than later Duggar proposals, but would also have been an overall nicer experience had the weather cooperated. http://www.corkybellsseafood.com/ 

Shots from the restaurant's website: 

image.thumb.png.9f5d0b1afbb850a2c992346c4a96ebc5.pngimage.thumb.png.0030f225577a17440e6e13155fb898a5.png

image.png.31d34d4fe18b495540bdc8affbdfaf37.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic