IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, sleepygirl1 said:

I predict an April or May wedding.

Hannah's birthday is in late June, so they could also have a June wedding and have her still be 26, but that would make the wedding potentially over five months away, which while quite a short timeline in many people's terms, can be a pretty long engagement by Duggar terms.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why April 2?

I think they meant a second April wedding because Jed got married last April.

I don't think it will be April becsuse I imagine the wedding will be in Nebraska (right? That is where Hannah lives?) And Katey is due in April. I am sure Jer will want Jed as his best man. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why April 2?

Because they know that if they marry on April 1st everyone will call their wedding a joke.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Wissmanns are very fundie so I’m sure they are a truly fundie couple. However the Wissmanns are sort of like the Bateses because they know how to look normal on social media. 

This is a good comparison. The siblings seem to get along well and yes, like the Bates, they play up the big, loving family on social media and downplay the weird, toxic beliefs. Which makes them more dangerous. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why April 2?

It's a day before Jeremiah and Katey's anniversary (April 3) and four days before Israel's birthday (April 6), with Jed and Katey's baby also due in April.

Which would be kind of hilarious timing, but then the Duggars have a history of clumping weddings/birthdays, with Jessa and Ben's wedding on Nov 1, Addison's birthday on Nov 2, John David and Abbie's wedding on Nov 3, Jessa's birthday and Jinger and Jeremy's wedding both on Nov 4, Spurgeon's birthday on Nov 5, and Bella's on Nov 8, though obviously in a range of years.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, metheglyn said:

It's a day before Jeremiah and Katey's anniversary (April 3) and four days before Israel's birthday (April 6), with Jed and Katey's baby also due in April.

Which would be kind of hilarious timing, but then the Duggars have a history of clumping weddings/birthdays, with Jessa and Ben's wedding on Nov 1, Addison's birthday on Nov 2, John David and Abbie's wedding on Nov 3, Jessa's birthday and Jinger and Jeremy's wedding both on Nov 4, Spurgeon's birthday on Nov 5, and Bella's on Nov 8, though obviously in a range of years.

Good gravy. I understand you don’t get to chose the birthdays but the weddings are very much within their control.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Why April 2?

Duggars often have 3 month engagements, so it would with the timeline. I don’t think they would get married 1 April. 

• Upvote 2

We already know who the best man will be. His twin. But I wonder who Hannah will pick as MOH. It’s been awhile since a Wissmann girl got married and there are so many sisters to choose from. I wouldn’t be surprised if almost all her sisters were bridesmaids. But I’m unsure if she will pick Alaythia or Susannah as MOH. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

None of the married adult Wissmanns have rebelled that we know of. I really don’t see it happening anytime soon. I think the Wissmanns had a fairly decent life growing up. That can keep a lot of the grown kids in the same beliefs as their parents. They think that because they had a decent childhood, they will do things the same way ads their parents. 

People with decent childhoods make lifestyle decisions than their parents every day. Having a decent childhood means you've had a greater chance to develop independent thought and separate. That makes you MORE likely to leave, not less.

• Downvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

People with decent childhoods make lifestyle decisions than their parents every day. Having a decent childhood means you've had a greater chance to develop independent thought and separate. That makes you MORE likely to leave, not less.

Decent childhoods in THEIR minds, not decent childhoods to the rest of the world. Hannah's mom literally posted a few weeks ago on instagram how "early education harms children" so uh i'm going to guess the Wissmann SOTDRT did not teach things like independent thought, or anything else too particularly useful. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I completely disagree. When children feel their parents wronged them in some way, they often try to do differently with their own children. They don’t always succeed though. If a person feels their childhood was good, they will do similar things that they loved. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

There's a baby registry on Amazon that says Katey is due May 2nd. It could be fake, but the shipping address goes to Springdale, AR. I know they originally said she was due in April, but they also announced as soon as they got a positive test, so the due date could have been adjusted in the interim. I'm thinking a late March/early April wedding.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, LanaBanana said:

There's a baby registry on Amazon that says Katey is due May 2nd. It could be fake, but the shipping address goes to Springdale, AR. I know they originally said she was due in April, but they also announced as soon as they got a positive test, so the due date could have been adjusted in the interim. I'm thinking a late March/early April wedding.

Very true. I remember my cousin’s due date got pushed back. She’s probably a late ovulater. My due date got pushed forward to an earlier date and it didn’t surprise me that much since I knew I had gotten pregnant early in my cycle that month. 

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I completely disagree. When children feel their parents wronged them in some way, they often try to do differently with their own children. They don’t always succeed though. If a person feels their childhood was good, they will do similar things that they loved. 

I agree with this.

My parents had a toxic marriage and I use it as an example of what not to do in a relationship, but outside their issues as a couple, they were great parents and I had a happy childhood and I find myself recreating a lot of it. 

Now, I do have the critical thinking skills to know some things are different now (attitudes towards fender, etc.) But critical thinking isn't highly praised in fundie circles so I doubt the Wissman children are going to critically appraise their childhoods and strive to be better. They are going to look at it as "I was happy, so obviously it was good".

• Upvote 6

I think they’re going to stay fundie. On the plus side, he does seem to be one of the sharper knives in the Duggar drawer, and she’s almost 27, so they won’t have a ton of kids. 

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

I always thought Jer and James looked more like Michelle’s side of the family.

0D5DA88A-CBF1-4AC1-B4A1-646B898369B6.jpeg

James used to be the spitting image Amy so I think him, jer, jill Jordyn Jenni and Justin lean towards boob 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think they’re going to stay fundie. On the plus side, he does seem to be one of the sharper knives in the Duggar drawer, and she’s almost 27, so they won’t have a ton of kids. 

Her siblings thought she might have the most kids. Of course that could be fundie naivete. But she might be able to have at least 8 kids or more.

• Upvote 1

It’s odd that Jed decided to post his engagement photos - it happened on Valentine’s Day last year? Perhaps he’s seen the humpers favourable reaction to Jana’s plant shite and Jer’s engagement and thinks this is the time to relaunch himself as potential politician.
I note the official Duggar did a FB story congratulating Jer. I thought it would be hard for them to stay out of the public eye, but I thought they’d at least wait until after Josh’s sentence.

• Upvote 3

Jeepers, you know you have nothing of substance to add when you, as a Duggar, in this current season of life, get engaged to someone who’s family have one of the top threads in the biggest part of the forum and you don’t make 2 full pages of comments in over 12 hours. Let alone get a “hot topic”. Poor Jer, not enough fame-whore! 

Edited by Mrs Ms
Can’t count pages.
  • Upvote 13

11 hours ago, metheglyn said:

With 19 kids (+ spouses), eleventy grandkids and endless pregnancies, I guess there’s no point in trying to avoid a “busy month” for a wedding. Including spouses they must be at 40-50 people by now, and there will always be someone’s birthday during that same week, or someone will be pregnant, no matter which date they choose.

• Upvote 11

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

It’s odd that Jed decided to post his engagement photos - it happened on Valentine’s Day last year? Perhaps he’s seen the humpers favourable reaction to Jana’s plant shite and Jer’s engagement and thinks this is the time to relaunch himself as potential politician.
I note the official Duggar did a FB story congratulating Jer. I thought it would be hard for them to stay out of the public eye, but I thought they’d at least wait until after Josh’s sentence.

Jed posted the engagement a month ago.

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Her siblings thought she might have the most kids. Of course that could be fundie naivete. But she might be able to have at least 8 kids or more.

So far, Bethany has the most kids at 5. So none of the Wissman's have reached crazy numbers, meaning most kids might be relative and mean 7-8, not 13-19.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

So far, Bethany has the most kids at 5. So none of the Wissman's have reached crazy numbers, meaning most kids might be relative and mean 7-8, not 13-19.

There have been a few reasons given as to why this is. Kori had 6 years of infertility before getting pregnant with her first. Rachel also had 4 years of infertility before having 3 in a row and then 2 second trimester miscarriages in a row. Ruth married in her early 30s and so did Rachel. Ruth has had 4 boys in rapid succession. If she had gotten married earlier, she probably would have had the most kids. I’m guessing Ruth will have 2-4 more children. Rachel will definitely keep trying but I’m afraid she may have more miscarriages. Josiah and Abby have a weird pattern that makes me wonder if they use some form of NFP. They had two close together near the beginning of their marriage. Then here was a large gap. And then they had two more close together. I’m not sure if they will have more. I wouldn’t be surprised either way. Mathias has been married for 4 years and they only have 2. It’s hard to say how many they will have. I doubt it’s a lot though. Beth is married to a lawyer for HSLDA. It’s probably better for them to have a large seemingly perfect homeschooling family. Therefore I don’t think she will have any less than 8 kids. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

. Beth is married to a lawyer for HSLDA. It’s probably better for them to have a large seemingly perfect homeschooling family. Therefore I don’t think she will have any less than 8 kids. 

How old is Bethany? 35?  It probably won't be an issue for her to have 3 more kids.  I doubt she will have more than 10 total.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic