IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

After JBs performance in court yesterday it may be dawning on him that his cheesy grin and smug entitlement isn’t enough to sway a federal judge, so I’m expecting a lot of ‘wholesome’ distraction tactics by the compliant kids. 

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, meep said:

Are we thinking they will be married by Spring?

Definitely. I’m betting a proposal will happen very soon. So they can distract everyone from the heinous details of the court case. But I’m sure it will provide very little distraction. It’s natural for people to pay much more attention to scandalous disturbing news than nice wholesome news. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 11/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My children’s school purposely gives kids in the same family the same teachers. Of course it’s not always possible. But I expect my younger son to have most of the same teachers as my older son. He had the same kindergarten teacher and now has the same 1st grade teacher. 

Our school does the exact same thing. So my kids are two grades apart and so far my youngest has had all the same teachers my oldest had. The only way they usually change is if a teacher loops or retires/leaves. 

• Upvote 2

Does anyone know the reasoning behind giving kids the same teachers?

My elementary school did that for my sister and me, and my parents had to request they stop because it wasn’t fair to my little sister to come behind me and always hear comparisons to my grades/behavior/interests, etc. It seems to me like that makes sense: I’d purposefully NOT want my kids to have the same teacher, so that they could have their own paths and experiences and memories from school that aren’t pressured by how well someone else got along with their teacher before they met.

Surely the schools must have a reason for doing this, though? Perhaps if a kid needed extra support and their family wasn’t helping make sure homework got done, or they always seemed to need a better coat or a snack when they got to school, the teacher would know to keep a closer eye on subsequent kids from that family from day one? That’s the only thing I can think of. Does anyone have any other ideas?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Ms. Brightside said:

My elementary school did that for my sister and me, and my parents had to request they stop because it wasn’t fair to my little sister to come behind me and always hear comparisons to my grades/behavior/interests, etc. It seems to me like that makes sense: I’d purposefully NOT want my kids to have the same teacher, so that they could have their own paths and experiences and memories from school that aren’t pressured by how well someone else got along with their teacher before they met.

Surely the schools must have a reason for doing this, though? Perhaps if a kid needed extra support and their family wasn’t helping make sure homework got done, or they always seemed to need a better coat or a snack when they got to school, the teacher would know to keep a closer eye on subsequent kids from that family from day one? That’s the only thing I can think of. Does anyone have any other ideas?

I think it’s because the parent already knows the teacher and has a relationship with them. That way it might be easier because you know what to expect.

When I was a kid, all of our elementary schools just had one class per grade. So everyone had to have the same teacher as their older sibling.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ms. Brightside said:

It would be interesting to know. Here it can happen but it’s definitely not done voluntarily. Looping through the school forms (elementary age 6-10, secondary age 10-16 or 19 depending on degree) is mostly preventing it though. A four year gap maybe but a six or nine year gap is much rarer. But the older they get the looping class teacher quickly becomes irrelevant. They might even spent more hours with another teacher because he might teach them in two subjects. We do looping in subjects as well sometimes. The looping teacher is more the one that knows you and your development and background. They would be the more consistent contact for the parents, the one that discusses and organises stuff regarding the whole class. It’s gets less and less about teaching and more about support (or it should be).

Looping can have problematic implications. If it’s a 1:1 problem, there are lots of things tried before a pupil might transfer to another class/another course of the subject. This is something parents can also request. Problems between the looping teacher and the whole group are not as common but do happen. I experienced it, but in hindsight I have to say we were unbelievably bratty and bitchy teenagers and I am actually embarrassed about my past behaviour. I went to a smaller school for my a-levels (my secondary only taught till grade 10, so I swapped to a school explicitly only for grade 11-13). It was heaven. Suddenly, no puberty drama anymore. All those teachers were quite the characters and had their quirks but honestly so did we. We all found a way to make it work. Grade 11-13 is also voluntary, there is no compulsory education after grade 10. You do it because you want to go on into university so the motivation of the pupils is different (or parents pressure or whatever, but the law doesn’t force you to go anymore). I sometimes think children at age 13 or grade 7 or 8 should all have a gap year where they learn only more practical things and no academic subjects. Not be because I think school should do it but because I think at the height of puberty a break might be good for everyone. From each other and the same every day. Our minds were definitely occupied with VERY different things at that age and most academic knowledge from that time never stuck at all, which is a shame as it often were the importance basics in many subjects. I would rather sent them to school a year longer. They will join the workforce for the rest of their healthy adult life early enough.

• Upvote 2

On 12/1/2021 at 7:18 PM, Ms. Brightside said:

I know one of the reasons in the our school is it builds a relationship between the teachers and the family. I actually am happy my kids have had the same teachers as I'm able to form a bond with the said teachers. We are more comfortable reaching out on both sides with issues or praise arises. We have not had issues with our kids teachers comparing them even though they are vastly different kids. 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So Jeremiah is in Tennessee with Hannah right now.

Who is the assigned chaperone? JD and Abbie? Josiah and Lauren?

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

the Wissman family, as i suspect that the boy will be there? 

Just now, Sabine said:

the Wissman family, as i suspect that the boy will be there? 

Does the other family’s chaperone count?

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So Jeremiah is in Tennessee with Hannah right now.

I figured they would be at the wedding, if any Duggars, as Hannah and the Bates girls seem to be friends. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jeer took the 6 seater plane, so they have plenty of chaperones. Could be Duggars, Wissmanns, or probably a mixture.

• Upvote 4

I reckon they don’t do chaperones for the boys anymore… just a gut feeling. The duggar side anyway. Maybe the girls family enforce it. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe they brought JD and Abbie and Grace? There would be enough room but I haven’t seen any pics with JD or Abbie.

85DD715F-7FA4-43E0-B39D-DFF1D50BA43C.jpeg

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Someone on Reddit said Jed and Katey were there too.

I wonder if he knows the date he will be called to testify. Because if not, he was taking a chance going there on Friday. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if he knows the date he will be called to testify. Because if not, he was taking a chance going there on Friday. 

If he is testifying for the defense (barf) then he could be pretty assured it was next week. Even if he is a prosecution witness, he might have asked and been told it won't be until next week.

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, kbohn23 said:

Wissmann’s and some of the duggars are in silver dollar city, maybe engagement soon? 

A lot of fundies love going to SDC and Branson around Christmas. But I do think they will get engaged soon. They announced in November and when they announce, they usually know an engagement is soon. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

His birthday is soon. Maybe a New Year's Eve announcement or engagement. I think everything will happen when he's 23 and she's 26. He is 22 now. Fundies like to schedule things so they're closest in age.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

His birthday is soon. Maybe a New Year's Eve announcement or engagement. I think everything will happen when he's 23 and she's 26. He is 22 now. Fundies like to schedule things so they're closest in age.

Well, the Duggars do. I don’t know if other families do. But the Duggars did with Jessa/Ben and Claire/Justin. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic