IGNORED

Jeremiah and Hannah: Finally Declared

Coconut Flan

I think it’s rather odd that the Bateses and Duggars came from pretty meager lifestyles prior to the shows, then they have these, for the most part, elaborate engagements, and weddings and then what? Could they ever have regular lives in our world? The kind of lives where people are sending you free wardrobes and uber eats delivered to your door on the regular?  The kind of lives that require initiative, self motivation and discipline? IDK, I’m not seeing it!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We don’t have any pics either since we were alone. Although it would have made for some pretty pics since the snow was very sparkly from the street lights at night. It looked glittery. I just realized yesterday was the anniversary of our engagement. Lucky 13 years ago. 

We don't have any pics either. We didn't have an audience per se - but we were out with ALL of our friends who were all in on it and all had taken turns carrying the ring. He did manage to get us alone to do it but... eek - audience when we came out.

• Upvote 1

If DuggarData* is right, this is very strange proposal to me. DuggarData was looking for the location and believes that Jeremiah proposed at this Catholic shrine (!) in the middle of Nebraska. It looks like Thorncrown Chapel, where Ben proposed to Jessa. 

This shrine (link included) doesn't seem to want people to propose there so I'm skeptical. You can't even get married there (even Catholics(!). Maybe it's my dislike of my former religion, but the "shrine" looks an elegant church with a gift shop.  I wonder if this shrine ever read the part where Jesus threw out all the people doing business in the temple.

I'm skeptical, but maybe the Duggars thought they could get away with it or the shrine decided to take their money.  

*The Tumblr user who actually found the shrine is called fundiebabynamebible.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If DuggarData* is right, this is very strange proposal to me. DuggarData was looking for the location and believes that Jeremiah proposed at this Catholic shrine (!) in the middle of Nebraska. It looks like Thorncrown Chapel, where Ben proposed to Jessa. 

This shrine (link included) doesn't seem to want people to propose there so I'm skeptical. You can't even get married there (even Catholics(!). Maybe it's my dislike of my former religion, but the "shrine" looks an elegant church with a gift shop.  I wonder if this shrine ever read the part where Jesus threw out all the people doing business in the temple.

I'm skeptical, but maybe the Duggars thought they could get away with it or the shrine decided to take their money.  

1497305650_IMG_20220112_0319112.thumb.jpg.6bffff9863090c49d3575fd867bda99a.jpg

Looks like the right location to me. The picture on the left is from their Google reviews.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

23 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Looks like the right location to me. The picture on the left is from their Google reviews.

The particular area wasn't on their website, but that looks right. It still seems kind of a random place for a proposal. 

Here's some quotes from the FAQ on their website.

Can we have a wedding at the Shrine?

No weddings of any kind may take place at the Holy Family Shrine. There are no exceptions to this rule.

No weddings, but you can propose on the grounds? Interesting.

What types of photography are permitted at the Shrine?

Professional photography shoots of any kind are not permitted. The Shrine is a holy place and should not serve as just a backdrop for photographers. Visitors who come here with the sole purpose of just taking photos of someone with the Shrine as a backdrop is not what the Shrine is meant for. No pictures can be taken of any structure or landscape to be sold for profit.

Snapshots with cell phones or cameras for your own personal viewing are permitted. However, please refrain from taking snapshots if visitors are praying in the Chapel.  Absolutely NO drones are permitted anywhere on the grounds. Any Shrine Staff member can ask a photographer to stop taking pictures. If the photographer resists, Shrine Staff can ask the photographer to leave the premises. Failure to leave the premises when asked can be cause for calling law enforcement.

There is no structure in the pictures unless the stone wall is a structure. I guess the pictures weren't taken by professionals. 

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So - they went to the middle of Nebraska for this? Like - no offense Nebraska - but ... is there some tie to Nebraska? It's not like their families all got married here (Catholic). It's lovely - but... Nebraska seems like a haul for a proposal. Also - wouldn't Nebraska be a bit on the chilly side this time time of year or did they do this in the fall and are on Duggar-time. (Honestly - I don't remember when these two crazy kids decided to do this - they're all a blur) 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Meggo said:

So - they went to the middle of Nebraska for this? Like - no offense Nebraska - but ... is there some tie to Nebraska? It's not like their families all got married here (Catholic). It's lovely - but... Nebraska seems like a haul for a proposal. Also - wouldn't Nebraska be a bit on the chilly side this time time of year or did they do this in the fall and are on Duggar-time. (Honestly - I don't remember when these two crazy kids decided to do this - they're all a blur) 

The Wissmanns live in Milford Nebraska: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milford,_Nebraska 

I assume the shrine we are talking about is in Gretna? https://holyfamilyshrine.com/

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Wissmann's live in Milford Nebraska: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milford,_Nebraska 

I assume the shrine we are talking about is in Gretna? https://holyfamilyshrine.com/

So the Wissmanns form basically half of the population there? Wow I have never looked to their city before and seeing that in 2010 the census showed just a few more than 2000 people as living there really is 🤯

• Haha 11

10 hours ago, indianabones said:

This is what I get for posting at 4 AM- I meant right, not left!

I'm not surprised. They probably just thought it was a pretty spot. We all know they look down on Catholics and would have no problem doing something considered rude/disrespectful if it suits them and their wants. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

It is a beautiful location and attending an evening Mass would be soul stirring. Having the colours of the prairie sunset coming through windows would, for me, enhance the connection to the mystic. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Hannah posted about her bachelorette trio. Quick wedding? 

What does a fundie bachelorette look like I wonder? Do they watch hand holding videos (like Josh & Anna's nonsense when all they could do was hold hands?), Do they... try on racy clothes like <gasp> pants? or <horror> SHORTS and tank tops?? Do they drink MORE than koolaid than is advisable?...... do they watch people dance very conservatively while fully clothed? 
Do they talk about they only to get to hold hands with this ONE person forever? (or until the minions come along in about 9 months and 6 days). Do they... talk about what to expect on the wedding night? How to have a conversation with JUST one person?? 

The mind boggles. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

On 1/12/2022 at 3:04 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Honestly, most major catholic and episcopal cathedrals have gift shops, where you can get post cards, art, religious stuff, books, all kinds of things. Heck, you can buy replicas of the National Cathedral gargoyles (even a Darth Vader gargoyle!!!!!) from their online gift shop! https://shop.cathedral.org/ 

As an Episcopalian, I have fond memories of wandering around National Cathedral's undercroft gift shop multiple times as a kid. I got a bunch of the Serendipity books there, in fact! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity_(book_series)

Small churches with gift shops, on the other hand, it depends on what they're trying to sell.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Meggo said:

What does a fundie bachelorette look like I wonder? Do they watch hand holding videos (like Josh & Anna's nonsense when all they could do was hold hands?), Do they... try on racy clothes like <gasp> pants? or <horror> SHORTS and tank tops?? Do they drink MORE than koolaid than is advisable?...... do they watch people dance very conservatively while fully clothed? 
Do they talk about they only to get to hold hands with this ONE person forever? (or until the minions come along in about 9 months and 6 days). Do they... talk about what to expect on the wedding night? How to have a conversation with JUST one person?? 

The mind boggles. 

The Wissmanns wear pants all the time. Plus Jer and Hannah seem to touch a lot. I’m sure there have been many front hugs and hand holding even before they were engaged. Luckily Hannah has older sisters that are married. They may clue her in on what to expect on the wedding night. I have a feeling that Jer and Hannah may have an easier time adjusting compared to some fundie couples who can’t even touch before marriage. I’m sure there will be bumps. But hopefully it’s not insanely awkward and uncomfortable. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Honestly, most major catholic and episcopal cathedrals have gift shops, where you can get post cards, art, religious stuff, books, all kinds of things. Heck, you can buy replicas of the National Cathedral gargoyles (even a Darth Vader gargoyle!!!!!) from their online gift shop! https://shop.cathedral.org/ 

As an Episcopalian, I have fond memories of wandering around National Cathedral's undercroft gift shop multiple times as a kid. I got a bunch of the Serendipity books there, in fact! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serendipity_(book_series)

Small churches with gift shops, on the other hand, it depends on what they're trying to sell.

Hey, my sister and I had a bunch of those books growing up, and nobody else has ever seemed to have heard of them before. 

I don't know where they came from, but I know it wasn't at a cathedral gift shop, lol

• Upvote 4

I am looking at their registry and Hannah has a waterproof mattress protecter on it. I’m guessing a homebirth for this fundie couple. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

The link to the registry is this 

https://www.theknot.com/us/jeremiah-duggar-and-hannah-wissmann-mar-2022

I posted on the unmarried thread and forgot to post here as well...

@JermajestyDuggar what do we know about her sister's birth? Did the family encourage home births? I do know close to nothing about her family so can't decide if they will go on the homebirth route but it seems plausible given their registry.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Italiangirl said:

@JermajestyDuggar what do we know about her sister's birth? Did the family encourage home births? I do know close to nothing about her family so can't decide if they will go on the homebirth route but it seems plausible given their registry.

Yes, some have had homebirths. So they aren’t unheard of in their family. I’m betting she’s planning on homebirths as well. But I think they will probably be more responsible about it than the Duggars. 

Well that wouldn't be so hard considering how low is the bar... They also have a lot of cooking items and a few about camping. This will be an interesting couple to follow I feel 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

They might just be getting one in case. I have waterproof mattress pads on a lot of our beds because I have a kiddo who sometimes pees the bed. No home births over here! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am looking at their registry and Hannah has a waterproof mattress protecter on it. I’m guessing a homebirth for this fundie couple. 

Even if that’s what you’re planning it’s still a weird thing to put on your Wedding registry. Getting pregnant is not 100% guaranteed.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

10 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Even if that’s what you’re planning it’s still a weird thing to put on your Wedding registry. Getting pregnant is not 100% guaranteed.

Plus it’s kind of gross if you really think about it. Most bodily fluids that get on mattresses are pretty personal. 

• I Agree 10

I'm a single adult.  I have waterproof mattress protectors on all the beds (including the guest beds), just because life, periods, water spills happen and a mattress protector is easier to wash than a mattress.

Having been to enough births, it wouldn't occur to me that that level of protection would be enough to protect a mattress during a homebirth.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

I have a waterproof cover for my mattress.because I have 3 kids and a very expensive mattress. 

Also the majority of people I know (which is a decent amount as homebirths are popular with the yuppie mummy set) who have had homebirths either rented a pool or set up some other area in their basement or living room. 

• I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic