IGNORED

Erin & Chad 7: Reckless Behavior in a Pandemic Has Consequences

nelliebelle1197

25 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I remember the Shupe family had pretty small kids’ rooms. The girls’ room originally had two sets of bunk beds, and there was a trundle bed under one of the bunks. Then they switched to a triple bunk, a single bed and a trundle under the single bed. 
I managed to find photos of the two-bunk beds set up:

Hide contents

1F485DAA-5B12-4E4B-B64A-46147E14E1FE.jpeg.4db8ff4e4a2562b25802349001a985ef.jpeg
177F05B3-BB88-4001-9595-CDADBDEEE620.jpeg.9e1f28d0e89ac7cacdbe016c6842865e.jpeg

There was very little floor space, especially at night with the trundle out! God knows what it must have been like at night time if one of them needed to get up to use the toilet. The girl in the trundle probably had it easiest in that regard!

I believe after this picture they were called in to CPS and they were advised they needed better access to the window in case of fire. That led to the triple bunk, single bed and trundle. so the window could be accessed right over the single bed. 

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I remember the Shupe family had pretty small kids’ rooms. The girls’ room originally had two sets of bunk beds, and there was a trundle bed under one of the bunks. Then they switched to a triple bunk, a single bed and a trundle under the single bed. 
I managed to find photos of the two-bunk beds set up:

Hide contents

1F485DAA-5B12-4E4B-B64A-46147E14E1FE.jpeg.4db8ff4e4a2562b25802349001a985ef.jpeg
177F05B3-BB88-4001-9595-CDADBDEEE620.jpeg.9e1f28d0e89ac7cacdbe016c6842865e.jpeg

There was very little floor space, especially at night with the trundle out! God knows what it must have been like at night time if one of them needed to get up to use the toilet. The girl in the trundle probably had it easiest in that regard!

Easiest getting stood on or fallen on. Poor love 

• Upvote 1

Remember Zoo’s set up in their last house? They gave the boys the biggest bedroom but it was still pretty crazy. 3 bunk beds in one room just looks nuts. The poor girls had one bunk bed and one loft with a toddler bed under the loft. That was when Eva was a baby and sleeping in Zoo’s room. It’s a good thing they moved. Because squeezing Eva into that small room would have been hard. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

I hate bunk beds. They made us sleep in them when we were in boarding school so if one of us tried to run away, the person in the other half of the bed would be woken up and report it.

Seeing them is actually kind of triggering for me.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 16

Does Erin ever go to the boutique? Carlin posts a lot of stories from there and Zach and Whitney seem to be there often (especially Zach) but there has been sign of Erin for ages, not even modeling for the boutique (which might be because she wanted to hide the bump). The last time I can recall seeing a video with her in it was in the spring. Of coure, she does have 4 children at home and another on the way, and Chad in has his own business, she could also be working behind the scenes but I am curious how involved she is. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Does Erin ever go to the boutique? Carlin posts a lot of stories from there and Zach and Whitney seem to be there often (especially Zach) but there has been sign of Erin for ages, not even modeling for the boutique (which might be because she wanted to hide the bump). The last time I can recall seeing a video with her in it was in the spring. Of coure, she does have 4 children at home and another on the way, and Chad in has his own business, she could also be working behind the scenes but I am curious how involved she is. 

I've had the same thoughts and questions. The one I always see working is Whitney. Carlin's usually recording and talking about working. 

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I've had the same thoughts and questions. The one I always see working is Whitney. Carlin's usually recording and talking about working. 

Sounds about right. The Bates kids were raised by grifters. Whitney wasn’t, she was working at a fast food place when she met Zach. She knows how to work and not grift. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sounds about right. The Bates kids were raised by grifters. Whitney wasn’t, she was working at a fast food place when she met Zach. She knows how to work and not grift. 

I hope Whitney is getting a larger share of the profits. I suspect there aren't any profits, which would mean Erin and Carlin can comfortably take a back seat. They'd feel guilty doing so if they were splitting profits evenly but doing less work. But it's a lot easier to laze around and let Whitney do the work, if there are no profits to split.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I actually think Zach is the one who looks like he is doing the most work. And he is the one managing the website, where they get all their orders. Carlin IS the one promoting the brand, but yeah we don''t really know how much work she does but she does at least show up.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I actually think Zach is the one who looks like he is doing the most work. And he is the one managing the website, where they get all their orders. Carlin IS the one promoting the brand, but yeah we don't really know how much work she does but she does at least show up.

I didn't mean to leave him out. I was just thinking about the "Bates Sisters." But yes he is there all the time apparently. I was just thinking about the videos that Carlin shoots where Whitney is packing items, shipping, etc. I have no proof of it but Carlin strikes me as the woman you work with who shows up late, does a few little things while talking about how much she has to do, never quite gets around to the actual work, and then disappears for an appointment or something else. That's why I always giggle when she uses songs like Dolly Parton's 9-5. Yes, promoting the business is work, but I don't know that we have ever seen her rolling up the sleeves and doing the menial tasks. Maybe she puts the phone down and starts working. I just struggle to imagine it.

Then when you look back on the stay at home order time, she and Zach were working the boutique alone. It sat in their old backyard. So I'm sure they were incurring the additional expenses of having Carlin, Erin, and half a dozen kids there (along with whoever else worked) with everyone going in and out of the house for bathrooms, snacks, etc. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1

42 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I didn't mean to leave him out. I was just thinking about the "Bates Sisters." But yes he is there all the time apparently. I was just thinking about the videos that Carlin shoots where Whitney is packing items, shipping, etc. I have no proof of it but Carlin strikes me as the woman you work with who shows up late, does a few little things while talking about how much she has to do, never quite gets around to the actual work, and then disappears for an appointment or something else. That's why I always giggle when she uses songs like Dolly Parton's 9-5. Yes, promoting the business is work, but I don't know that we have ever seen her rolling up the sleeves and doing the menial tasks. Maybe she puts the phone down and starts working. I just struggle to imagine it.

Then when you look back on the stay at home order time, she and Zach were working the boutique alone. It sat in their old backyard. So I'm sure they were incurring the additional expenses of having Carlin, Erin, and half a dozen kids there (along with whoever else worked) with everyone going in and out of the house for bathrooms, snacks, etc. 

I think that is judging Carlin harshly tbh. I mean maybe she is just taking the credit, but she is also going in there while dealing with morning sickness and there have been times where she has only posted at the evening and commented that she was at the boutique all day and she often lists what they are doing. Could she be exaggerating? Of course. But it's hard to say when she seems to be the one doing most of the promotion for the boutique. Zach and Whitney definitely get credit for the work they did when it was in their back yard. They do also have several employees who seem to be working hard. 

• Upvote 8

16 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I actually think Zach is the one who looks like he is doing the most work. And he is the one managing the website, where they get all their orders. Carlin IS the one promoting the brand, but yeah we don''t really know how much work she does but she does at least show up.

Carlin seems to work a lot on the boutique. At least for what she has showed on social media she is there almost all the time. She is usually there with Layla, while Whitney and Zach seems to have babysitters (aunt-moms?), so i dont know how that will work once she has baby 2.

Erin is definetely MIA, but she also had Covid twice and 3 surgeries this year. I wonder if she is in bed rest with this pregnancy and thats why she cant work.

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think that is judging Carlin harshly tbh. I mean maybe she is just taking the credit, but she is also going in there while dealing with morning sickness and there have been times where she has only posted at the evening and commented that she was at the boutique all day and she often lists what they are doing. Could she be exaggerating? Of course. But it's hard to say when she seems to be the one doing most of the promotion for the boutique. Zach and Whitney definitely get credit for the work they did when it was in their back yard. They do also have several employees who seem to be working hard. 

As I said, that is the sense I get from her. Her content choices aren't really indicative of someone who is behind the scenes working to get orders out and managing supply chain and logistical concerns. I would also argue that she hasn't been doing the lion's share of the social media promotions in quite a while. They have an employee who has been doing most of that with Carlin doing "behind the scenes" and Layla being Layla in the space. Of the three Carlin seems to be doing the most modeling so there is that. 

My point is that the division of responsibility for the boutique doesn't seem to be equitable. I am questioning how sustainable it can be over the long run. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

As I said, that is the sense I get from her. Her content choices aren't really indicative of someone who is behind the scenes working to get orders out and managing supply chain and logistical concerns. I would also argue that she hasn't been doing the lion's share of the social media promotions in quite a while. They have an employee who has been doing most of that with Carlin doing "behind the scenes" and Layla being Layla in the space. Of the three Carlin seems to be doing the most modeling so there is that. 

My point is that the division of responsibility for the boutique doesn't seem to be equitable. I am questioning how sustainable it can be over the long run. 

And I disagree given that she often gives after work updates saying "we worked and packages orders all day", this is seperate from her stories at work and I think the two combined give the impression that she is at least there a lot and she does referwnce the things she does during her days. I think she and Whitney both put in a lot of hours. 

Carlin has 150k more followers than the boutique, so her posts on her personal account probably do boost the profile. Erin still has the most followers though.

• I Agree 1

Oy, three surgeries in a year. That must have put Erin out of commission for some time.  I’ve had one and even a week of required down time is driving me nuts. Plus she had COVID, plus pregnancy, which never seems easy for her, plus 4 young kids. That’s a lot in a short period of time. I’ll cut her some slack on the boutique. 

They may also have an agreement that each of them is responsible for certain aspects of the business and/or that if one of them is unable to put in time, the others will pick up the slack. Perhaps Erin’s responsibility is something that can be done from home. 

All that said, I don’t see the boutique as a long-term project for any of them. They’ll continue to dabble, get bored or overwhelmed with other responsibilities, and give it up. 

• Upvote 10

13 hours ago, postscript said:

Oy, three surgeries in a year. That must have put Erin out of commission for some time.  I’ve had one and even a week of required down time is driving me nuts. Plus she had COVID, plus pregnancy, which never seems easy for her, plus 4 young kids. That’s a lot in a short period of time. I’ll cut her some slack on the boutique. 

They may also have an agreement that each of them is responsible for certain aspects of the business and/or that if one of them is unable to put in time, the others will pick up the slack. Perhaps Erin’s responsibility is something that can be done from home. 

All that said, I don’t see the boutique as a long-term project for any of them. They’ll continue to dabble, get bored or overwhelmed with other responsibilities, and give it up. 

I think it may come to the point where they buy each other out. 
People get sick I get that and family can cover you. But splitting profits three ways when you are doing the lion’s of the work would get old pretty quick. 

• I Agree 7

Also Carlin showed herself calling Joy, Katie, Alyssa and Whitney (in that order) and then a group chat where Esther and Michaela also responded but no response from Tori, Josie or Erin (that I could see). 

• Upvote 2

So Erin's new inspirational IG is really bugging me. I feel like she's full into this, "I prayed for a baby and God answered my prayers so now I'm going to try and guide you to be a better Christian. " 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 5
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, JMO said:

So Erin's new inspirational IG is really bugging me. I feel like she's full into this, "I prayed for a baby and God answered my prayers so now I'm going to try and guide you to be a better Christian. " 

I just hope she has not renounced to the boutique for this. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2021 at 4:37 PM, Flossie said:

Yeah.  We have a miracle baby in our family.  Adorable kid!  Born to a 19 year old who got pregnant even though she was infertile.  No one seems to know the name of the condition that caused the infertility, no one even knew she was infertile.  But when the pregnancy was announced, all of a sudden we heard she'd been nursing a secret tragedy for all of the previous two years, knowing that she'd never become a mother, blah blah blah.  This was the story put out by the grandmother who'd raised her.

The jist of it was everyone was supposed to be thrilled for this miracle and offer support and love, no questions.  The new mother didn't use birth control because why should she?  She thought she couldn't get pregnant.  Until she did.  But it's a miracle!  There wasn't a failure of birth control, there's no one to blame.  Sex is responsibility-free if one of the partners is infertile!

Anyway, three years later the mother got married.  I wondered if there would be a second miracle, and lo and behold, there was!  Baby to arrive early next year.  Oh wait!  Mom's current doctor thinks she was misdiagnosed and might not be infertile after all.  You think?

Hey mozzie, how’s the swat team going?

Regarding the "infertile" 19 y/o.  There are a lot of teens diagnosed with PCOS, whether correctly or incorrectly, and told that it MAY affect future fertility, or maybe even told that it DEFINITELY will.  Either way, what the developing teen brain hears is that she's completely infertile and can have ALL THE SEX without getting pregnant.  

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

On 9/16/2021 at 10:05 AM, JMO said:

Regarding the "infertile" 19 y/o.  There are a lot of teens diagnosed with PCOS, whether correctly or incorrectly, and told that it MAY affect future fertility, or maybe even told that it DEFINITELY will.  Either way, what the developing teen brain hears is that she's completely infertile and can have ALL THE SEX without getting pregnant.  

My cousin's daughter - idiot that she is (that's me being kind) - was diagnosed with PCOS. When she began posting on Facebook about spending the night at her boyfriend's house when she was 17, I called and talked to my aunt who is the grandmother. My aunt told me it was no big deal and that she didn't need birth control because of PCOS. I told her that she was insane and the girl would be pregnant by the end of the year. Sure enough two months later I was having dinner with said aunt and hearing how she was going to be a great-grandmother. 

• Upvote 7

On 9/15/2021 at 11:41 PM, llucie said:

She left her beloved job as a piano teacher when Brooklyn was little. I suppose it was impossible to teach at home with a baby and a toddler and of course daycare was never an option. If she left something she enjoyed that much, she can easily leave her boutique business, that never seemed to be a fulfilling project for her.

• Upvote 6

On 9/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, llucie said:

Why? She'll have five small children soon, plus tons of animals, which must be a lot of work. Maybe she feels she can't do both well. If she's putting the kids first, I applaud her, actually. 

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic