IGNORED

Erin & Chad 7: Reckless Behavior in a Pandemic Has Consequences

nelliebelle1197

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Goodness, her decor is getting just as agressively beige as Carlin and Josie.

That’s how I would describe most fundies. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 9/22/2021 at 5:51 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Trace posted a story of them back to work today, putting it hard wood floors. But I also assume they are hourly, because every construction/tradesperson I know is paid hourly.

In my area construction guys that are apart of the crew are paid for the day.  This limits any over time and keeps the workers from eating to much into the head guys profit. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jewels64 said:

In my area construction guys that are apart of the crew are paid for the day.  This limits any over time and keeps the workers from eating to much into the head guys profit. 

You can't really do that here. Anything over 44 hours a week requires overtime by law and you can't ever go below minimum wage (not that would happen with a construction crew as they may make way more than that).

2 hours ago, Jewels64 said:

That's been my experience with it. It is not always done on the legal since many times for contractors will pay their help under the table and in cash. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

So Erin missed Nathan and Esther's shower and now she and Chad have gone away for the weekend without the kids the weekend of Katie's.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

51 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Erin missed Nathan and Esther's shower and now she and Chad have gone away for the weekend without the kids the weekend of Katie's.

Maybe she’s actually informed enough to avoid large gatherings during her high-risk pregnancy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Maybe she’s actually informed enough to avoid large gatherings during her high-risk pregnancy. 

7 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

She is at some kind of biblical marriage conference, so It doesn’t seem like she is avoiding crowds. 

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

She is at some kind of biblical marriage conference, so It doesn’t seem like she is avoiding crowds. 

If everything was so perfect at Chez Paine, would they be spending the money and time to go to a Biblical marriage conference? Maybe Chad has finally started asserting himself instead of being railroaded by Erin, and it's causing conflict.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

If everything was so perfect at Chez Paine, would they be spending the money and time to go to a Biblical marriage conference? Maybe Chad has finally started asserting himself instead of being railroaded by Erin, and it's causing conflict.

One of Erin's best friends is there too, so I am not sure it is purely about their marriage. I did think it was interesting. Technically it's not a marriage conference but the guy does a lot about marriage. The seminar is about choosing peace in your life. I did notice that Erin talked right over Chad though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Marriage retreats are pretty common inn fundie land. Even in my semi conservative catholic family marriage retreats are common place and encouraged as a way to connect with your partner so I wouldn't make the assumption that things aren't going well in their marriage. 

On 9/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

That's been my experience with it. It is not always done on the legal since many times for contractors will pay their help under the table and in cash. 

This is how things are done here. And frequently the day labor they hire are undocumented immigrants  so they really don't have any recourse. A contractor may have a handful of employees that are on the books but they also frequently just pick up a some of the day laborers looking for work at one of the gas stations. Landscapers work the same way here. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

(BEC) I saw an IG story where she changed her neutral couch pillows for some different neutral couch pillows. What is the point? It looked the same to me. Another absurd point IMO is that she has plant pots resting ON books. Apart from the fact that the books can eventually get wet, it looks weird and not fancy at all.

I  know that marriage conferences are a common getaway for fundies, but I suspect she is willing to share her "miracle baby" experience to encourage others to keep trying for babies despite health issues.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I  know that marriage conferences are a common getaway for fundies, but I suspect she is willing to share her "miracle baby" experience to encourage others to keep trying for babies despite health issues.

She is such an attention hog. Remember how she announced a pregnancy in a speech at her sister's wedding?

It's her last pregnancy, probably, and I guess she wants to milk it. After it's over, what's left for her? When you desperately seek attention, and pregnancy is the only way in your world, it must seem pretty dismal to be done.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 10/3/2021 at 9:13 AM, Melissa1977 said:

(BEC) I saw an IG story where she changed her neutral couch pillows for some different neutral couch pillows. What is the point? It looked the same to me. Another absurd point IMO is that she has plant pots resting ON books. Apart from the fact that the books can eventually get wet, it looks weird and not fancy at all.

The plant pots on top of books bugs me, too. Way to advertise that you don't actually read (or value!) books! 

• Upvote 15

Could they be fake plants?  Asking because I keep seeing YouTube’s and Instagram stuff with fake plants.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 3:27 PM, clueliss said:

Could they be fake plants?  Asking because I keep seeing YouTube’s and Instagram stuff with fake plants.

Honestly, fake plants have become my jam. They look great, I get them on sale at the end of any given season, and then I rotate them throughout the year.

My hands also break out in hives if I touch real flowers, so there is that added bonus too...

• Upvote 4

On 10/4/2021 at 4:49 AM, raayx01 said:

didn't she say she was going to announce the name and gender soon?

I believe so, and still... nothing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I believe so, and still... nothing.

This is a huge ploy with pregnant ladies making money from blogs, podcasts and such. They tease for clicks; string people along, even after babies are born, sometimes for weeks to months. I guess for some, mere click$ earn money? Withholding sex and names are very common. And they all claim, yes, in a few days, at the end of the week, next week…it’s so obvious why they are doing it. Monetizing birth, so gross.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This is a huge ploy with pregnant ladies making money from blogs, podcasts and such. They tease for clicks; string people along, even after babies are born, sometimes for weeks to months. I guess for some, mere click$ earn money? Withholding sex and names are very common. And they all claim, yes, in a few days, at the end of the week, next week…it’s so obvious why they are doing it. Monetizing birth, so gross.

I suspect she is having a girl. In my late-night haze I watched the Stewarts latest Q&A and someone asked what they thought they were having. Carlin said girl, because of the girl streak in their family.  Could mean nothing and she just meant that everyone besides Whitney has had a girl, but... Jadon is a boy, was born fairly recently and Carlin would see him all the time so it made me wonder if Cherin are having another girl.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

I also think the radio silence means another girl, I think if it had of been the miracle prayed for boy by Carson we would have heard about it by now...

If so, how will she explain to Carson that he heard 'wrong" from god. Of course I know there is plenty of ways to explain it but Erin made such a big deal out of it now she may have to explain it all away to a possibly very disappointed boy. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I also think the radio silence means another girl, I think if it had of been the miracle prayed for boy by Carson we would have heard about it by now...

If so, how will she explain to Carson that he heard 'wrong" from god. Of course I know there is plenty of ways to explain it but Erin made such a big deal out of it now she may have to explain it all away to a possibly very disappointed boy. 

He may be disappointed either way. Will a 7 year old be that interested in an infant?  If he is looking for a playmate--someone like Bradley but living in his own house--he may not be happy with a newborn. My sib was born when I was about Carson's age. No matter how much prep my mother did, I didn't quite realize that babies don't come out of the womb ready to play catch with me.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

He may be disappointed either way. Will a 7 year old be that interested in an infant?  If he is looking for a playmate--someone like Bradley but living in his own house--he may not be happy with a newborn. My sib was born when I was about Carson's age. No matter how much prep my mother did, I didn't quite realize that babies don't come out of the womb ready to play catch with me.

So true! Our eldest just turned 5, and our youngest is almost 1 and he kept saying he wanted a brother to play cars and footy with. Boy was he disappointed when he met his baby sister for the first time who was much smaller and more useless than he expected. 😂

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

16 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I suspect she is having a girl. In my late-night haze I watched the Stewarts latest Q&A and someone asked what they thought they were having. Carlin said girl, because of the girl streak in their family.  Could mean nothing and she just meant that everyone besides Whitney has had a girl, but... Jadon is a boy, was born fairly recently and Carlin would see him all the time so it made me wonder if Cherin are having another girl.

I caught that too but I thought it was before Erin posted finding out (by a day or so) I mostly thought it was weird because she said "my sister's have all had girls" and she usually includes Whitney as her sister.

I keep going back.and forth whether I think it is boy or girl. I still think it could be a boy and she is waiting until after Nathan!s wedding so that her miracle baby has the spotlight she feels he deserves. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I caught that too but I thought it was before Erin posted finding out (by a day or so) I mostly thought it was weird because she said "my sister's have all had girls" and she usually includes Whitney as her sister.

I keep going back.and forth whether I think it is boy or girl. I still think it could be a boy and she is waiting until after Nathan!s wedding so that her miracle baby has the spotlight she feels he deserves. 

Actually it would be quite polite (if that is why she is doing it) to wait until after the wedding to reveal and let them have their special day. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Actually it would be quite polite (if that is why she is doing it) to wait until after the wedding to reveal and let them have their special day. 

I've never understood this way of thinking.

Are there really people who want a whole day with all the attention focused at them? If I were getting married, and had a sibling pregnant with a long-awaited boy, it would make the day even more joyous. 

Why is it considered polite to delay good news (I can understand about bad news) on someone's wedding day? Either way, won't the bride and groom still get plenty of attention?

Guests aren't going to say, "I can't congratulate the bride--or even think about her--because Erin Paine is having a boy."

Do brides really think--"I want all my guests to be focusing on ME and my new husband.  I do NOT want them thinking, even for a minute, about Baby Boy Paine. That would be so upsetting!"

When I go to weddings, I think about the married couple about 5% of the time. The rest of the time, I think about:

the food

the long-lost relatives I am greeting

whether I have food on my teeth

if I can dance to the current song

the name of the cousin who seems to know me so well

how much my feet hurt

when I can get home and away from all this noise.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic