IGNORED

Erin & Chad 7: Reckless Behavior in a Pandemic Has Consequences

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, Bobology said:

I hate all y'all. I had to watch the video. This statement by Erin, referring to Carson, stood out the most to me: "I want him to have a little sibling if that's what he wants." She actually said that. Because he doesn't have 3 little siblings already.

I suspect "sibling" is being used as a stand-in for brother here. Erin is 16-17 weeks at the very least. I'm sure they already know the gender, but they can't reveal it yet because money. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I  may be wrong, but I'll bet you don't have a reality TV show or an instagram where you monetize photos of your cute little children.

There should be child labour laws in situations like this. It's not fair that the children are working to pay for their parents whatnot. If they work, they should get all the money. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Will she need any hormonal support during this pregnancy to help maintain it due to being close to the onset of menopause? I vaguely remember reading about Grandmother surrogates carrying babies for their daughters after they had been through menopause, needing help to maintain or was it get pregnant because of menopause.?Or will Erin's body just kick back in and carry this baby like the menopause issue never happened

Kelly, as many pregnant women in their forties, had to take hormones (progesterone, maybe?) to keep the pregnancy. She became pregnant naturally, but if she didn't take drugs, she miscarried. If Erin is approaching menopause, she may have to take hormones too, but of course it's enterely possible to sustain a premenopausical pregnancy without them, it depends on each woman.

If it is true that Erin is entering menopause, I don't think there will be many more blessings. Maybe one more, who knows. Her mother tried hard for #20 and it never happened, because at some point, even the most fertile couples stop procreating.

• Upvote 9

16 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

There should be child labour laws in situations like this. It's not fair that the children are working to pay for their parents whatnot. If they work, they should get all the money. 

or your whole life is on tv and the money gets spent defending a pedo brother. The duggars , the bates the goeslins and those poor kids on that horrible toddlers and tiaras got bloody screwed in more ways than money... but money is a big one.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 8/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, Tangy Bee said:

In their world, if you do everything right, you will be "blessed" with a good life and babies. Well how are they explaining why Michael can't have at least 1 baby? Helped cook, clean, sew clothes, and raise younger siblings. Saved 1st kiss and still wearing long skirts. There is no way Michael isn't questioning God at the moment. She has been out in the world long enough to also notice non fundamentalists having families as well. I realize infertility can be a struggle for so many, but for her watching all of her siblings become parents has to be tough. Baby showers and gender reveals will go for a LONG time in the Bates family...and she has no choice but to smile, praise God, and move on😕

Maybe Erin should have Carson, the God whisperer, pray for Michael. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 7

11 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Maybe Erin should have Carson, the God whisperer, pray for Michael.

Could this be the reason Erin is filling her house and yard with so many animals? Is it Carson asking/praying for them and she is showing him how "real" god is? Is Brookie just praying to not get in trouble? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

I had endometriosis and lost both ovaries three months before my wedding and I don’t have any kids.  I was 38 and that was 20 years ago when everyone was talking about how hormone therapy was causing cancer so I was afraid of being on hormone therapy.  I never took hormones and the odd thing was I never had menopause symptoms with the exception of no periods of course.  I was telling my doctor this at the time and she said maybe some of one ovary was left.  Wouldn’t that have been great to have had some left and a miracle pregnancy.  But that didn’t happen.  My tests showed the hormone level of a woman in menopause.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 26

On 8/25/2021 at 2:46 AM, indianabones said:

I don't want to speculate on a child's health/development, but is Carson's speech normal, from those of you who have more familiarity with 6 year olds than I do?

The video shows him around the 4:50 mark.

Late to this, but, I teach public prek (so 3-5 year olds) and have worked with a lot of speech therapists because of it.  What I'm hearing (mostly) is final consonant deletion and some trouble with R sounds. I also heard him drop the "c" in doctor both times, but, I don't know what that's called.  It can take up to age six/seven for some kids to get the R sound.  The final consonant deletion should be long gone by this age, but, it could also just be a product of him being nervous/stressed trying to speak for the camera.  During an actual eval, they'd also have him say words in isolation to see if he can produce the words then, and that would give some more info.  I did hear  some clear "th" which is one a lot of children struggle with, and I heard final consonants on some of the words, so, it might just be pressure.  My gut reaction is if he were in kg here, he wouldn't qualify for therapy and they'd probably just tell the teacher to work on annunciation with him.  

Edited by monkeyrocks71
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I wonder where Erin homeschools Carson and Brooklyn. Carson would be starting first grade this year and Brooklyn could be starting kindergarten since she is 5 now. Is she going to homeschool them in the living room? Most fundies have a designated homeschool area. Where does she store her homeschool materials? It’s too bad that house doesn’t have a basement. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder where Erin homeschools Carson and Brooklyn. Carson would be starting first grade this year and Brooklyn could be starting kindergarten since she is 5 now. Is she going to homeschool them in the living room? Most fundies have a designated homeschool area. Where does she store her homeschool materials? It’s too bad that house doesn’t have a basement. 

Carson is homeschooled with the abeka videos. Probably he watches a video in the TV while Brook watches another in a laptop, both with headphones. Erin said she watched the videos with Carson, but then, what about the other 3? Are they playing quietly while mom&Carson watch "school"? I get that she can use the youngest girls nap time to do it, but the older they get, the more difficult. And I very much doubt Erin will watch 5 videos with 5 children. Ridiculous.

I don't think they have a lot of school supplies. Some crayons, some paper sheets... The basic. The house has just no room.

• Upvote 5

My kid HATED watching videos for school last year. He basically refused. So I had to do everything hands on. Because 5 and 6 year olds are hands on learners. I don’t understand how these kids will sit still that long watching a video. How do they learn anything just watching videos all the time?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kid HATED watching videos for school last year. He basically refused. So I had to do everything hands on. Because 5 and 6 year olds are hands on learners. I don’t understand how these kids will sit still that long watching a video. How do they learn anything just watching videos all the time?

Well, Alyssa "trained" them to stay quiet during tv-church.

I just think those poor kids are not like ours. Ours "refuse" tv-school and we look for an alternative, better suited options for them, etc. Fundies just hit them. It's so sad.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

37 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Carson is homeschooled with the abeka videos. Probably he watches a video in the TV while Brook watches another in a laptop, both with headphones. Erin said she watched the videos with Carson, but then, what about the other 3? Are they playing quietly while mom&Carson watch "school"? I get that she can use the youngest girls nap time to do it, but the older they get, the more difficult. And I very much doubt Erin will watch 5 videos with 5 children. Ridiculous.

I don't think they have a lot of school supplies. Some crayons, some paper sheets... The basic. The house has just no room.

Erin had a story recently showing Carson and Brooklyn studying and they were both at the kitchen counter, no headphones, watching together while working with work sheets. There seemed to be a bunch off supplies (crayons, markers, paper) on the counter with them. 

I keep all my craft supplies in my daughter’s closet on the top shelf. The supplies are in baskets that stack. It doesn’t take up much room at all but we have a pretty good craft collection. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Abeka Kindergarten videos are well done. The lady is a master teacher and the lessons are very interactive and the kids sing, do motions, and are well engaged. 

The videos are set up so that you can skip the Bible/Theology lessons and just do the academic material. I tutored a girl who used them. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the academic material. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

We had too much stuff last year when we were homeschooling and doing hybrid. They were constantly sending home stuff. So many workbooks, journals, worksheets,  folders, mini white boards, and then all the supplies. Scissors, glue, colored paper, markers, crayons, colored pencils, counting blocks, counting beads, measuring tape, tissue paper, flash cards, and so much more. I was going nuts trying to keep it all organized. 

• Upvote 4

I'm reading Duggar Data and she's quoting someone else that Erin didn't say she was due in January, but that they "were looking forward to January". Erin has a history of having her babies a month early. She probably doesn't think she will have the baby full term. So she's probably like 12-14 weeks along and due in February.

I've said this before, but several of my friend had babies born around the same gestation as Erin's babies and their babies did NICU time and had issues that lasted longer. Erin has been lucky that her babies don't need NICU time.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm reading Duggar Data and she's quoting someone else that Erin didn't say she was due in January, but that they "were looking forward to January". Erin has a history of having her babies a month early. She probably doesn't think she will have the baby full term. So she's probably like 12-14 weeks along and due in February.

I've said this before, but several of my friend had babies born around the same gestation as Erin's babies and their babies did NICU time and had issues that lasted longer. Erin has been lucky that her babies don't need NICU time.

Erin said in the video that she's in her second trimester, and she's visibly showing. I'm guessing she is really due in January but will deliver in December.

• Upvote 7

For reference I am 25 weeks and due December 10th. A January due date would be 18-22 weeks as of today. I don’t think she looks that far along, and their statement about the second trimester made it sound like she just passed that milestone.

I think she’s due in February and expects to deliver in January. She’s probably close to 16 weeks now, assuming they filmed the video 1-2 weeks ago.

Also for reference my first is the same age as Carson, but this baby is #2 not #5! (She is my fifth pregnancy however.) Despite her challenges Erin has been super duper fertile.

Edited by BensAllergies
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 12

I wonder, medically speaking, how rare Erin’s pregnancy is (assuming she conceived naturally). Not just with the removal of her ovaries but with her clotting disorder. Seems like a case study waiting to happen. 

• Upvote 8

On 8/25/2021 at 10:11 PM, justmy2cents said:

I agree with this.  We have to remember that even though she may be close to menopause due to a very diminished ovarian reserve, she's still just 30.  Most of her eggs are still good compared to women close to 50, who may not have any good eggs left approaching menopause.  It was a long shot but if she ovulates then those eggs are most likely good quality and she can still get pregnant, which she did.  

Catching up to find out that Erin is "miraculously" pregnant. 

I agree that this is likely a random thing.   "Menopause" babies are possible with older women and she is young enough to have more viable eggs making pregnancy more likely.   Even after her surgeries inducing early menopause, I thought it would be possible for her to become pregnant again for this reason.

On 8/25/2021 at 7:21 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Chad might be fuming on the inside, but he seems to give her everything she demands. He is never seen saying no to her. 

I often wonder if Erin, even if unconsciously, picked someone who would never say no.   Sure, she is Chad's priority which is how it should be but honestly, it seems like he caters to her more than what is healthy for him.   I don't care for the way Erin "volunteers" him and I hope for Chad's sake it's all for show but something tells me it isn't.  He seems overworked and stressed.   No surprise that he's nervous about this pregnancy.  I remember how he looked when they announced Erin's second pregnancy after having the difficult delivery with Carson.  That man looked downright scared. 

• Upvote 15

7 hours ago, artdecades said:

I wonder, medically speaking, how rare Erin’s pregnancy is (assuming she conceived naturally). Not just with the removal of her ovaries but with her clotting disorder. Seems like a case study waiting to happen. 

Someone (sorry, I don't remember which poster was) said that it is not that uncommon. Erin had been lucky, but it is no miracle. She still has good eggs, due to her age. Because the premenopausical hormones, her 1/3 ovary may be over-working for a while and a pregnancy be easier than she thought. 

Regarding her clotting issue, if she took a pregnancy test at the very beginning of the pregnancy, and started the shots, problem solved. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I agree that this is likely a random thing.

I would agree, if it wasn't for the mention of a "fertility doctor." If it happened naturally, she'd NEVER mention a fertility doctor in her pregnancy announcement. She'd be delighted to have conceived naturally and wouldn't want people to think she had treatments.

I agree that a natural conception is possible. However, in this case, I don't think it happened. Why mention Mr. Fertility Doctor in her pregnancy announcement at all, otherwise?

On 8/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, CanadianMamam said:

Erin had a story recently showing Carson and Brooklyn studying and they were both at the kitchen counter, no headphones, watching together while working with work sheets. There seemed to be a bunch off supplies (crayons, markers, paper) on the counter with them. 

Just the idea of a five-year old "studying" makes me sad.

• Upvote 2

Well she also mentioned an angel announcing it, so maybe it was an immaculate conception.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

26 minutes ago, llucie said:

Well she also mentioned an angel announcing it, so maybe it was an immaculate conception.

Thread title possibilities…

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

I would agree, if it wasn't for the mention of a "fertility doctor." If it happened naturally, she'd NEVER mention a fertility doctor in her pregnancy announcement. She'd be delighted to have conceived naturally and wouldn't want people to think she had treatments.

I agree that a natural conception is possible. However, in this case, I don't think it happened. Why mention Mr. Fertility Doctor in her pregnancy announcement at all, otherwise?

Just the idea of a five-year old "studying" makes me sad.

I honestly think they mentioned the fertility doctor to play up how big a miracle this is. Like “even a fertility doctor didn’t think she could have more babies but God had other plans”. If they had gotten fertility treatments she would have stayed completely silent, no the fertility doctor is mentioned so we all know how miraculous this pregnancy is. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic