IGNORED

Erin & Chad 7: Reckless Behavior in a Pandemic Has Consequences

nelliebelle1197

27 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I honestly think they mentioned the fertility doctor to play up how big a miracle this is. Like “even a fertility doctor didn’t think she could have more babies but God had other plans”. If they had gotten fertility treatments she would have stayed completely silent, no the fertility doctor is mentioned so we all know how miraculous this pregnancy is. 

Great thought. But she doesn't say, "The fertility doctor said I'd never get pregnant."

Instead, she says something like, "We even went to a fertility doctor, not for treatments, but to help me balance my hormones.  One day I took a pregnancy test, I don't even know why. . ." (At least that's what I remember, only watched it once).

So if the fertility doctor was just "balancing" her hormones, why was he in the story? That's what I don't get, if he had no part in this, why mention him at all?

Also, why would they be so sure this is her final pregnancy, unless they were doing something to open and close the womb?

• Upvote 5

I do not know the details of Erin's medical history but I suspect this will not be her last pregnancy. When an ovary is removed or resected the remaining ovarian tissue can undergo compensatory hypertrophy. Sometimes when I'm doing  an ultrasound on the ovaries, the only way I know the ovary has been operated on is the clinical history on the requisition form. Anyway, my guess is there will be more arrows in Erin's quiver.

Good thing Chad is so handy because they will have to do some creative construction to fit all those kids into that small house.

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 5

26 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Great thought. But she doesn't say, "The fertility doctor said I'd never get pregnant."

Instead, she says something like, "We even went to a fertility doctor, not for treatments, but to help me balance my hormones.  One day I took a pregnancy test, I don't even know why. . ." (At least that's what I remember, only watched it once).

So if the fertility doctor was just "balancing" her hormones, why was he in the story? That's what I don't get, if he had no part in this, why mention him at all?

Also, why would they be so sure this is her final pregnancy, unless they were doing something to open and close the womb?

I mean she says that the fertility doctor said she was going into menopause. I assumed that is why she mentioned the doctor, because the menopause part makes the pregnancy even more miraculous.

• Upvote 16

Spoiler

1776695048_Screenshot_20210828-2327042.thumb.png.abb2c2332a8dc0da3b166f8ba0faae4a.png

Erin's homeschool set up, per her stories. v widget. 

Also that set up gives me serious anxiety. My spacious house often feels too small for 3 kids and 2 pets, I can't imagine living like Erin. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 8

4 hours ago, browngrl said:

I do not know the details of Erin's medical history but I suspect this will not be her last pregnancy. When an ovary is removed or resected the remaining ovarian tissue can undergo compensatory hypertrophy. Sometimes when I'm doing  an ultrasound on the ovaries, the only way I know the ovary has been operated on is the clinical history on the requisition form. Anyway, my guess is there will be more arrows in Erin's quiver.

Good thing Chad is so handy because they will have to do some creative construction to fit all those kids into that small house.

They will have to stack them like this: 

Spoiler

derby-triple-sleeper-bunk-bed.thumb.jpg.67d69a1f7488338a76b5d13376080c58.jpg

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 10

The logistics of changing the sheets on that triple bunk is giving me anxiety.  I used to help my sister with her bunks, and doing the loft was such a hassle.  The lower one was a separate piece that rolled out on wheels*, but the damn loft always required climbing around, and it was hard to tuck anything inside the rails.  
*their set had the beds perpendicular with an integrated desk, and the lower one was a separated frame.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:
  Hide contents

1776695048_Screenshot_20210828-2327042.thumb.png.abb2c2332a8dc0da3b166f8ba0faae4a.png

Erin's homeschool set up, per her stories. v widget. 

Also that set up gives me serious anxiety. My spacious house often feels too small for 3 kids and 2 pets, I can't imagine living like Erin. 

They are so close to the fridge. My fridge is opened a million times a day. It looks like no one would be able to get in the fridge while homeschooling.  What will she do when she has 5 to homeschool, not 2?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

Re : bunkbeds

My sister bought a cottage when her children were young. When she was buying furniture for the cottage she thought she might get bunkbeds for the children's rooms because they often had a friend stay over. Her husband point blank refused to get bunk beds. He is a pediatric ER doctor and he said that  he sees way too many injuries due to a fall from a bunk bed . He said the injuries ranged from minor to very bad (eg head injuries, bad fractures etc). They ended up getting a regular bed with a trundle bed that fit underneath. 

When I look at those triple bunks I can't help but worry that one of those kids is going to fall. Not only the kids - imagine a heavily pregnant Erin trying to change the sheets on the top bunk. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, browngrl said:

My sister bought a cottage when her children were young. When she was buying furniture for the cottage she thought she might get bunkbeds for the children's rooms because they often had a friend stay over. Her husband point blank refused to get bunk beds. He is a pediatric ER doctor and he said that  he sees way too many injuries due to a fall from a bunk bed . He said the injuries ranged from minor to very bad (eg head injuries, bad fractures etc). They ended up getting a regular bed with a trundle bed that fit underneath. 

When I look at those triple bunks I can't help but worry that one of those kids is going to fall. Not only the kids - imagine a heavily pregnant Erin trying to change the sheets on the top bunk. 

The Bates family cares very little about child safety. They have that old ratty trampoline with no net. Kids riding horses without helmets or shoes. Kids riding bikes without helmets. Erin would never consider safety when it comes to a triple bunk. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are so close to the fridge. My fridge is opened a million times a day. It looks like no one would be able to get in the fridge while homeschooling.  What will she do when she has 5 to homeschool, not 2?

And they are close to the washing machine, wich she says she is about to use. I know the noise would drive me crazy while trying to concentrate. 

• Upvote 9

Triple bunk beds can only be put in rooms with high ceiling. Normal bunk beds with trundle bed at the bottom are much more useful for 3 kids. 

I think Erin can take all the forniture off and put 1 set of bunk beds and 1 set of bunk beds+trundle. But the room is very tiny, so I'm not sure if this solution is possible. And it means no room for toys, books, clothes! etc. 

2 minutes ago, llucie said:

And they are close to the washing machine, wich she says she is about to use. I know the noise would drive me crazy while trying to concentrate. 

And Everly&Holland noise!

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Triple bunk beds can only be put in rooms with high ceiling. Normal bunk beds with trundle bed at the bottom are much more useful for 3 kids. 

I think Erin can take all the forniture off and put 1 set of bunk beds and 1 set of bunk beds+trundle. But the room is very tiny, so I'm not sure if this solution is possible. And it means no room for toys, books, clothes! etc. 

And Everly&Holland noise!

I never see toys in the bedroom anyway. They don’t seem to have many toys.

• Upvote 6

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I never see toys in the bedroom anyway. They don’t seem to have many toys.

Those baby animals are their "toys." It looks cute, makes great instagram content, but I worry about the animals. When my kids were small, we had chickens and we had to supervise the kids very, very carefully. Baby pigs are sturdier, but the way the kids trot around pretending they are babies . . . even Holland does it, and she's what, only one?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Right? When my kids were home schooling Becuase of Covid, I actually wouldn’t let them work in the kitchen Becuase it is just too distracting for everyone else. I set one up in my room instead, so that we could keep the living areas communal. 

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Right? When my kids were home schooling Becuase of Covid, I actually wouldn’t let them work in the kitchen Becuase it is just too distracting for everyone else. I set one up in my room instead, so that we could keep the living areas communal. 

Same. I had to put one in the basement Rec room and one in the toy room. They were less distracted that way. The kitchen table wouldn’t have worked for us. Way too much distraction. My husband works from home and I swear he’s constantly in and out of the kitchen. Even more than me sometimes. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

Chad will never be heavily PG. I’m sure he’s the person climbing up and changing those sheets.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

They will have to stack them like this: 

Hide contents

derby-triple-sleeper-bunk-bed.thumb.jpg.67d69a1f7488338a76b5d13376080c58.jpg

Traditional triple bunk beds are for amateurs. Remember the In A Shoe family who used Costco shelves? I believe they were able to fit four kids in the same space.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Ehhhh put the triple hunks in and then get a sponsorship/deal with Beddies.  Then you only have to zip them up.

• Upvote 4

I LOVED our bunk beds! (I had the top bunk, which freaked out friends and family because of my very poor eyesight (legally blind). But I never fell out - none of us did. :) 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Traditional triple bunk beds are for amateurs. Remember the In A Shoe family who used Costco shelves? I believe they were able to fit four kids in the same space.

And now they have WAY LESS kids at home and a much bigger house with an in ground pool and a hot tub. Their lives are way better now compared to when they were in VF.

• Upvote 1

Erin and Chad have a little girl named Holland?  The only female Holland that I know of is the actress Holland Taylor who is an out lesbian. I think her wife is a good bit younger than Holland is.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Erin and Chad have a little girl named Holland?  The only female Holland that I know of is the actress Holland Taylor who is an out lesbian. I think her wife is a good bit younger than Holland is.   

Yes, she's their youngest born.  At the time, I thought it was a male name but it's really growing on me as a female name.  I'm curious what they'll come up for the Paine in-utero.

Interesting bit of trivia regarding Holland Taylor.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Holland Taylor’s partner is the actor Sarah Paulson.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

My sister and I shared a room when we were younger and had bunk beds in it.  I, as the older of the two, had the top bunk and slept in it from approximately age 5 to age 13.   Even with a large wooden safety bar across the entire length of the bed, I was always afraid, acrophobic that I was and still am, of falling out.  And yes, I was able to slip in and out underneath the safety bar if I chose to do so.    

The only good part-an excellent part, actually-of being in that top bunk was that I could create my own little world up there with little to no opposition.  This was in the mid to late 70s so I had all kinds of Teen Beat, Tiger Beat and 16 pinups of Andy Gibb, Leif Garrett, Scott Baio, Shaun Cassidy, etc.  all over the top walls, almost reaching up to the ceiling. I had my stuffed animals on the bed, and sometimes I'd have a book or two or a Teen Magazine tucked under my pillow for easy reading access.   It was my own little oasis I could escape to.   However, I can't see Erin allowing her kids to used their imaginations and create their own personal spaces in their bunk bed sections.  Might ruin the farmhouse chic aesthetic.  

That said, I couldn't even imagine being one of three kids and sleeping in that top bunk in the triple beds.  I'd have anxiety all night and never be able to sleep.     

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

I remember the Shupe family had pretty small kids’ rooms. The girls’ room originally had two sets of bunk beds, and there was a trundle bed under one of the bunks. Then they switched to a triple bunk, a single bed and a trundle under the single bed. 
I managed to find photos of the two-bunk beds set up:

Spoiler

1F485DAA-5B12-4E4B-B64A-46147E14E1FE.jpeg.4db8ff4e4a2562b25802349001a985ef.jpeg
177F05B3-BB88-4001-9595-CDADBDEEE620.jpeg.9e1f28d0e89ac7cacdbe016c6842865e.jpeg

There was very little floor space, especially at night with the trundle out! God knows what it must have been like at night time if one of them needed to get up to use the toilet. The girl in the trundle probably had it easiest in that regard!

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic