IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

Tiffany definitely lives in San Diego.  They posted pics hiking Cowles Mountain, and a lot of their photos are tagged with Mission Beach.

I can't see Lawson affording California, regardless of LA or San Diego.  There are plenty of religious nuts in the Southland, but it's expensive, unless her family will be helping them out. 

Though I can't see Tiffany moving down the street from Gil & Kelly, I wouldn't be surprised (if this really ends in marriage) at a Nashville move.  If she is as religious as she seems, she either would expect to be a stay-at-home-wife, or plans to pivot to Christian movies (which are awful to watch, but it has been a lucrative market in the past.) That or hope for a Hallmark series, but they shoot just a few months of the year in Vancouver. 

• Upvote 16

I wouldn't be surprised if Lawson and Tiffany marry. His Saturn return is approaching and with that comes some sort of responsibility or life change. As to living, they'll probably spend their first few years in CA but move to Nashville once they have three kids.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2
  • Confused 9
  • WTF 1

10 hours ago, TheGleeTeam said:

Edit: This Liberty University article says Tiffany lives in LA, but I think her family lives in San Diego and has an apartment in LA (and a beach house, based on her mom's old Twitter posts, ha).

Yes, they live in San Diego and the beach house is a VRBO. After googling the family for a while, I went to VRBO to look at houses for a family wedding this summer (not in California) and guess what came up? Robin Espensen's beach house!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4

On 2/25/2021 at 1:10 PM, HereticHick said:

Am I the only one surprised that Lawson and his fellow Mediccorps disaster aid cosplayers haven't gone down to Texas to help with water distribution, etc?

I guess Lawson has been too busy with his 2+ week plus Western vacation with Tiff.

Ironically he did pop by texas this weekend but not to help disaster victims - someone in the justin duggar thread saw pics of him at the wedding. Besides being busy with travels, I don't think texas is the best place to try and get away with the sort of sketchy stunts medic corps tends to pull.  They're more interested in flashing their badges and weapons to see what they can get away with than they are actually helping others - and I think that's why they prefer to fly off to island nations in the caribbean.  It feeds the white christian american savior ego and there's nobody else there with guns to challenge their authority.  They're smart enough not to "mess with texas" with their scammy pseudo disaster relief.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, lezajenda said:

Ironically he did pop by texas this weekend but not to help disaster victims - someone in the justin duggar thread saw pics of him at the wedding. Besides being busy with travels, I don't think texas is the best place to try and get away with the sort of sketchy stunts medic corps tends to pull.  They're more interested in flashing their badges and weapons to see what they can get away with than they are actually helping others - and I think that's why they prefer to fly off to island nations in the caribbean.  It feeds the white christian american savior ego and there's nobody else there with guns to challenge their authority.  They're smart enough not to "mess with texas" with their scammy pseudo disaster relief.

This and most of the other usual suspects were too busy wandering around Magnolia Silos! 

• Upvote 8

Genetics are interesting and you never know what you’ll get. My former neighbours actually, the husband is half Japanese half German and the wife is Swedish. Their two children favour the Swedish side. Then my other former neighbours, husband is German (pale skin, red hair) and the wife is Mexican (olive skin and black hair). Their son is an exact carbon copy of the father and daughter an exact carbon copy of the mother. Kind of wish they had a third child just to see what they would get. 

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how Lawson and Tiffany’s relationship plays out. I doubt it will last but you never know. If they do get married and have children, I hope the Bates family do not end up treating the kids differently just because they’ll be biracial. We can only hope. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

On 2/26/2021 at 12:17 AM, SimplyMe said:

Do they not have mask laws in TN?  They’re walking all around Bass Pro without a mask in sight.  What the hell?  

It's up to the individual counties.  The county I live in has no mask policy, but some businesses in the county do.  Even if the business requires masks, I've still seen people in those businesses without a mask on.  They just don't have a way to enforce it and they are not going to kick out paying customers.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

This and most of the other usual suspects were too busy wandering around Magnolia Silos! 

God they're all so obsessed with that place. Joy's posts were like they were on a pilgrimage. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Well Tiffany certainly hasn't changed her attire to suit Gil and Kelly's modesty standards! Kelly even gave the post 2 hearts!

Lawson keeps getting comments about are you alone, where's the chaperones . The fans keep pushing back with "He's an adult, he can set his own boundaries". And yet all of Lawson's sisters had to be chaperoned right up to the wedding. Such a lousy double standard.

law.png

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Wonder if Lawson is miffed that Jana Duggar has stolen his courting spotlight?

• Move Along 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

I don't think there was a spotlight to steal, except with us fundie watchers. The Bateses' dating relationships don't gain tabloid traction like the Duggars do. I can't recall Lawfinny being written up anywhere.

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So how long has Lawson been on vacation now? A month? More?

I don’t think Lawson ever worked a steady job anyway. Sure he did lawn care, tree trimming, flashed his badge around at disaster sites. But I don’t know if he’s ever worked a regular 40 hour a week job for a company. I think if he ever had to do that, he would be very unhappy. He can’t live like us regular folk. He’s too good for that.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think Lawson ever worked a steady job anyway. Sure he did lawn care, tree trimming, flashed his badge around at disaster sites. But I don’t know if he’s ever worked a regular 40 hour a week job for a company. I think if he ever had to do that, he would be very unhappy. He can’t live like us regular folk. He’s too good for that.

I hope someday he has to pay rent and make car payments and internet service payments like the rest of us peasants.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I really do wonder how the hell he’s gonna provide for a future family especially if this relationship leads to marriage. 

Also must be nice to travel everywhere without a care in the world especially with what’s been going on ???

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Count me in the camp that thinks this relationship will not survive to engagement. She seems very naive and immature (I guess this is her first boyfriend?) and he seems equally immature and a jerk. Of course, I thought Evan and Carlin would break up, so...?‍♀️

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He certainly seems to be skating on his fame as an adult, but as a kid if Lawson didn't work as hard as he did his family wouldn't have eaten nor would Erin have had tuition money at times.

He did work and provided for a huge family when he was just a teenager.  I hope one day he finds his way back to doing something productive to support himself.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He certainly seems to be skating on his fame as an adult, but as a kid if Lawson didn't work as hard as he did his family wouldn't have eaten nor would Erin have had tuition money at times.

He did work and provided for a huge family when he was just a teenager.  I hope one day he finds his way back to doing something productive to support himself.

I said he did work. I said he didn’t work a regular 40 hour a week job for a company. Has he ever worked a job where he had to work a regular job for someone other than his dad, himself, or UP? So many fundies push for men to work for themselves or work for their family member. To make their own hours. He could make his own hours as a lawn care worker or tree trimmer. He can take vacations and time off whenever he wants because he doesn’t get a piddly 2 weeks of vacation time a year like so many people in the US. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2021 at 1:42 AM, marmalade said:

I don't think there was a spotlight to steal, except with us fundie watchers. The Bateses' dating relationships don't gain tabloid traction like the Duggars do. I can't recall Lawfinny being written up anywhere.

There may have been a magazine article or something if the relationship had been "officially" announced and not just dropped randomly on IG. Katie's courtship announcement made US Weekly if I remember correctly.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I said he did work. I said he didn’t work a regular 40 hour a week job for a company. Has he ever worked a job where he had to work a regular job for someone other than his dad, himself, or UP? So many fundies push for men to work for themselves or work for their family member. To make their own hours. He could make his own hours as a lawn care worker or tree trimmer. He can take vacations and time off whenever he wants because he doesn’t get a piddly 2 weeks of vacation time a year like so many people in the US. 

Sure, he could have made his own hours but the fact that he made enough money to support his parents family means he did put in the hours.

He was self-employed, but that's not a cush job if you do it right.  You can end up working a hell of a lot more than 40 hours per week and again, he must have at least a good deal of the time in order to have enough to help support the family.  

I agree that people should experience working for someone else, the way I think kids should experience school ...to learn how to get along with, learn from, and follow instructions by people outside your immediate family.  But that doesn't mean when he was actively doing the lawn care he was taking vacation and time off whenever as he wouldn't have been making the kind of money he was.

I think he's turned into quite the douche from his public persona, but I read your comment as mischaracterizing self employed tree / lawn care as some blow off job full of vacation time and days off and I thought that was unfair.

He had a work ethic at one time so there is more hope, IMO, that he can regain that than there would be had he never had it to begin with.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Count me in the camp that thinks this relationship will not survive to engagement. She seems very naive and immature (I guess this is her first boyfriend?) and he seems equally immature and a jerk. Of course, I thought Evan and Carlin would break up, so...?‍♀️

Nah, Evan and Carlin were immature but they both seemed way into each other. Lawson seems to already be tired of Tiffany and her antics. I don't think this relationship is really what Lawson wants. He just wants to be able to say he's in a relationship.

I still think the timing is suspicious given that they started dating around the same time that Jana was visiting Stephen in Nebraska. I mean, Lawson's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but surely he could see that he was no match for Stephen.

• Upvote 4

I've never believed for a second that Lawson was ever involved with Jana. She is not even remotely his type, and I just can't see him being into her and the quiet homesteading type at all. So I really doubt he's out to make Jana jealous.

And please just tell me if this breaks the rules, but are we allowed to speculate on whether Lawson is gay? Has that ever been discussed?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

39 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

And please just tell me if this breaks the rules, but are we allowed to speculate on whether Lawson is gay? Has that ever been discussed?

If the fundy is still living at home, speculation is out of bounds

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Yes, it breaks the rules.

As a matter of personal opinion and the mother of a gay person, whether someone is gay or not doesn't ever need to be discussed unless the person themselves has said or done something to indicate it's a valid issue for discussion.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic