IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

I've never believed for a second that Lawson was ever involved with Jana. She is not even remotely his type, and I just can't see him being into her and the quiet homesteading type at all. So I really doubt he's out to make Jana jealous.

You're right about her not being his type. But he enjoyed the attention he got from posting vague, thirsty comments that made fans/snarkers/tabloids go nuts wondering if they were courting. It would make him look like even more of a douche if he did that when she was in a real relationship. So now instead of getting attention by acting thirsty over Jana on social media he found a girlfriend and he's getting attention for that.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

I've never believed for a second that Lawson was ever involved with Jana. She is not even remotely his type, and I just can't see him being into her and the quiet homesteading type at all. So I really doubt he's out to make Jana jealous.

And please just tell me if this breaks the rules, but are we allowed to speculate on whether Lawson is gay? Has that ever been discussed?

Do NOT post speculation concerning the sexual orientation of any minor children or adult children still living in their parental homes. These kids have no say in their lives being put out for public consumption and their lives are hard enough without their homophobic parents getting the idea from us that one of their children may be gay. Users who are unable to abide by this rule after warnings have been issued will be placed on a Journey to the Heart to consider their actions.

Even for adults who are living on their own it's a pretty shitty thing to do and you will get pushback, but as he still lives at home it is against the above rule.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

@HerNameIsBuffyDang, "mischaracterizing" is a big ass word. I had to say it slowly. Between FJ & 1 year of Tik Tok, I feel officially well educated. Back to Lawson, he didn't grow up spoiled...but he appears to be a spoiled adult now. Not a popular opinion, but I'm glad he's had a chance to sneak in some solo travel fun and become a fundie heartthrob while doing it. Better have his fun now because that could all change after marriage and kids. All of his married siblings do travel, but not as much. Jobs, homes, businesses, & other responsibilities. 

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

@HerNameIsBuffyDang, "mischaracterizing" is a big ass word. I had to say it slowly. Between FJ & 1 year of Tik Tok, I feel officially well educated. Back to Lawson, he didn't grow up spoiled...but he appears to be a spoiled adult now. Not a popular opinion, but I'm glad he's had a chance to sneak in some solo travel fun and become a fundie heartthrob while doing it. Better have his fun now because that could all change after marriage and kids. All of his married siblings do travel, but not as much. Jobs, homes, businesses, & other responsibilities. 

I agree.  If he wasn't spreading his hateful views I'd be happy he was able to live a little after having to spend his childhood being a working adult.

He's just such a sanctimonious douche about it I can't be happy for him.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

@HerNameIsBuffy Thank you for the clarification. I don't see a way to delete my post others I would. Should I report it?

The only reason I mentioned it wasn't to speculate in terms of picking apart anything about Lawson specifically, but just to criticize fundies since with 19 kids odds are good someone will be gay, and it's sad they would be pushed into a heterosexual marriage no matter what. I could see any of the kids staying single for as long as possible just to stave off an unhappy marriage. I've always thought it was possible one or more of the Bates and Duggar kids would remain single long term for this reason. Again, nothing in particular to do with Lawson so I hope this comment is allowed.

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 3
  • Downvote 1

Any thoughts as to why Lawson didn't invite Tiffany to be his date for the Duggar wedding? I would think he'd want to show her off.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

A couple of days ago, Tiffany’s brother posted a happy birthday message in his stories to a male friend. Pictures included the friend’s male partner in a loving pose. Personally, I see nothing wrong with this, but I was LMAO imagining Gill and Kelley seeing this and watching their heads spin. I really believe if Lawson were younger, and they still had more control over him this relationship would never have gotten off the ground. Tiffany and her brother seem to really love each other, despite their seemingly different lifestyles, so I can’t wrap my head around Lawson in this relationship. Also, in all their posts, she mentions loving Lawson (a lot), but has he done this? Actually used the word love? I agree this seems life a first boyfriend for her.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

I don’t think he loves anyone but himself. I hope this means that they’ll break up soon. She seems insufferable, but she deserves better.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

I don’t think he loves anyone but himself. I hope this means that they’ll break up soon. She seems insufferable, but she deserves better.

She just seems really young. Not that Lawson is super mature for his age, but he is also in his late twenties and his girlfriend has just turned 22. That's a lot of life in between, even for fundies.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

She just seems really young. Not that Lawson is super mature for his age, but he is also in his late twenties and his girlfriend has just turned 22. That's a lot of life in between, even for fundies.

At least she's had way more life experience and exposure to those different than her than the average 22 year old fundie. There is a much wider variety of people she'd have to interact with on the sets of mainstream TV and movies than the Bates girls would ever meet at Crown or Big Sandy, or even as a semi-mainstream hair dresser in Tennessee. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

At least she's had way more life experience and exposure to those different than her than the average 22 year old fundie. There is a much wider variety of people she'd have to interact with on the sets of mainstream TV and movies than the Bates girls would ever meet at Crown or Big Sandy, or even as a semi-mainstream hair dresser in Tennessee. 

I agree. She has had more worldly experience. I guess I am just recalling my own personal experience that when you are nearly 30 and you're around someone in their early twenties, the age gap is usually very apparent. Tiffany seems quite giggly similar to Kendra Duggar, perhaps this is grating on Lawson? Either way, he needs to embrace who she is if they're going to build a future otherwise they will be very unhappy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Either way, he needs to embrace who she is if they're going to build a future otherwise they will be very unhappy.

That would require maturity and empathy, which he lacks in spades. I’m sure there are many Christian conservative dudes out there who would be more compatible to someone with Tiffany’s personality. If she and Lawson really do like each other, both need to be able to communicate with each other. Can he grow up enough to accept her as a person, even as someone from a fundie background could possibly accept? Can she look beyond her first crush/love vibes and tell if he’s really not that into her? Time will tell. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I wonder if we don’t give the relationship enough credit in the way that both can immensely benefit from it. Tiffany is very pretty, has a substantial following, contacts and is already in the business. Furthermore she is probably extremely conservative and shares a lot of their views. 
Lawson, has a pretty enough face and knows how to look taller in photos. He has some kind of music career going and piggybacks of a reality tv show. He has a substantial following as well. Neither of them is exactly a shooting or uprising star, but they could get some fame in the conservative hallmark universe. 
I could totally see this being a PR relationship to open doors aka get more audience and job opportunities. But I can also see them getting married and trying to rise to some mediocre fame. 
I don’t think being in love with yourself as much as Lawson (cannot say about her) is a great base for a relationship, but hey they can still pray and Jesus right (sorry for the cynicism).

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Agree. I dated a 27 year old when I was 21. We lasted a whole 3 months lol

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I’m 31 and my closest coworker is 23. She is actually the age of the girls I babysat when I was in high school. We can definitely talk and “hang out” and I’d say we get along really well. But there are definitely moments where I notice how far apart we actually are. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 3/11/2021 at 1:46 AM, Mom to Nell said:

A couple of days ago, Tiffany’s brother posted a happy birthday message in his stories to a male friend. Pictures included the friend’s male partner in a loving pose. Personally, I see nothing wrong with this, but I was LMAO imagining Gill and Kelley seeing this and watching their heads spin. I really believe if Lawson were younger, and they still had more control over him this relationship would never have gotten off the ground. Tiffany and her brother seem to really love each other, despite their seemingly different lifestyles, so I can’t wrap my head around Lawson in this relationship. Also, in all their posts, she mentions loving Lawson (a lot), but has he done this? Actually used the word love? I agree this seems life a first boyfriend for her.

According to Reddit Tiffy’s brother is close friends with the actress who plays Daphne on Bridgerton and that Bates crossover really gets me. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

According to Reddit Tiffy’s brother is close friends with the actress who plays Daphne on Bridgerton and that Bates crossover really gets me. 

Yes, he runs with an upscale, jet setting crowd. A while ago he sent a happy birthday message to one of the Hadid girls, can't remember which one. But she answered back "Miss you".

I wonder if Eric and Lawson have met; I don't think I saw Eric in any of the birthday pictures.

I really hope the Redditors aren't commenting or messaging Eric about Lawson and he goes private. He hasn't traveled a lot this year, but in years past, the pictures are really interesting.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Mom to Nell said:

Yes, he runs with an upscale, jet setting crowd. A while ago he sent a happy birthday message to one of the Hadid girls, can't remember which one. But she answered back "Miss you".

I wonder if Eric and Lawson have met; I don't think I saw Eric in any of the birthday pictures.

I really hope the Redditors aren't commenting or messaging Eric about Lawson and he goes private. He hasn't traveled a lot this year, but in years past, the pictures are really interesting.

Yeah, Lawson posted on insta (I think stories) of the beach/tree/Christmas with the Espensens, he's definitely met all of them. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Yeah, Lawson posted on insta (I think stories) of the beach/tree/Christmas with the Espensens, he's definitely met all of them. 

Totally forgot about Christmas on the beach. Hopefully next year all us smart, caring people will be with family again.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I'd love to know where he is getting the money for the endless amount of travel the two of them seem to be doing. And, do they have constant chaperones or are they traveling around just the two of them and staying--gasp--together? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I am so curious about Lawson and Tiffany traveling together. Do they have separate hotel rooms? Only do day trips and he stays with her family? I assume she lives with her parents, although that brunch insta story looked more like an apartment rather than a larger home. I watch almost all insta stories without sound anyway so maybe I'm missing some good details (or more likely, Lawson's voice would make me irritated). Given how concerned families like the Bates generally are with appearing very wholesome and Christian, wouldn't they be worried that Lawson seeming to travel alone with his girlfriend could give the "wrong" impression about purity?? I know nothing this interesting will actually be addressed on their show, but that would be way more interesting than another birthday party or I Love You Day or whatever.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I'd love to know where he is getting the money for the endless amount of travel the two of them seem to be doing. And, do they have constant chaperones or are they traveling around just the two of them and staying--gasp--together? 

Same. Maybe Tiffany is fronting the bill? She seems to come from money. Nathan and Esther also seem to be traveling constantly. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:04 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Back to Lawson, he didn't grow up spoiled...but he appears to be a spoiled adult now

Same with Alyssa. They worked hard as kids, were not properly nourished, and definitely didn't receive enough parental attention (but probably received beatings...). Not spoiled kids at all, but as adults they are trying to compensate. If only Alyssa could have enjoyed her twenties child-free!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

On 3/16/2021 at 10:05 PM, artdecades said:

This is so cringey that it reads like a parody of religious talk. Of course Tiffany is eating it up. 

D7A07284-9082-4075-BABC-91C616807C4A.png

Lawson is such an ass that he comes off swarmy here. 

And wait a minute, "friend zone" God! WTF?

The friend zone is 

a term used for the situation in which one person in a mutual friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship with the other person, while the other does not.

(source wikipedia).

I suppose he means you want some who loves God, but you can love your friends.  So either he is romantically in love God and want to marry God like a nun! Or he wants something else from God....

This analogy is so bad! It's several layers of cringe. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic