IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

This is poking at my internal frustration for my brother in law who thinks his newborn is going to be a "daddy's girl" when he's of the mindset that he "babysits" her.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 4

32 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Well he likely isn't paying many or any bills. He probably makes a little bit of royalties from streaming. My dad's in a band and makes an okay side income off gigs they do, a few hundred dollars here and there. Add anything he might get for the show and/or landscaping for his siblings. Anything adds up when you live with your parents and aren't on the hook for anything. Doubt he has a car payment since they don't do debt. I feel like he might be responsible for gas, car insurance, and a cell phone at the MOST, so if he has any income at all from what little he does do and/or any savings, it's probably sufficient to do most of whatever he wants. 

I think Tiffany pays for a lot. He probably buys dinner to feel manly. But she probably pays for a lot of the travel expenses. 

• Upvote 7

On 4/27/2021 at 11:07 PM, BeccaGrim said:

I'd imagine if she marries him, she's exactly the same. He can't be hiding it.

When I was 24 I met a man that had a lot of issues and I was unable to see it. My mom tried to advise me, but I didn't listened or maybe I hadn't enough life experience to realise.

I'm not defending Tiffany, because no doubt she holds the same hateful beliefs thsn Lawson. But, apart from the beliefs, she might be too blind to realise his real personality. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

When I was 24 I met a man that had a lot of issues and I was unable to see it. My mom tried to advise me, but I didn't listened or maybe I hadn't enough life experience to realise.

I'm not defending Tiffany, because no doubt she holds the same hateful beliefs thsn Lawson. But, apart from the beliefs, she might be too blind to realise his real personality. 

She’s 22 right? That’s just so young. I think she probably has much more real life experience than fundie girls her age due to being an actress. But I think she probably has very little boyfriend experience. I don’t think she would pick up on any red flags. And honestly I don’t think lawson is letting too many of those red flags show. They are still in that honeymoon period. Even if someone pointed out some flaws she wouldn’t see them.

• Upvote 11

On 4/28/2021 at 11:08 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

This is poking at my internal frustration for my brother in law who thinks his newborn is going to be a "daddy's girl" when he's of the mindset that he "babysits" her.

My disgust is not for you, but the fact that any man thinks he "babysits" his own children. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

In all my years I have never once heard a woman say anything like, "I'm going to watch the kids so my husband/partner/their dad can go to movie/fishing/nightclub/etc." with the implication of please feel sorry for me or wish me luck or give me praises.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked and unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic