IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is it just me or does anyone else see a resemblance between Tiffany and Jane the Virgin Lady, Gina Rodrigues? I know they have different ethnic backgrounds but I do see similarities. Both pretty ladies btw and just for the record. I was a huge JTV fan too. 

Their faces are very similarly shaped, and they have similar smiles and noses, I think. I loved Jane the Virgin; maybe that will be my next binge watch...

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

The Sun is not news. It is fan fiction. 

On behalf of fan fiction writers everywhere, I resent that description. Fan fiction has a far closer relationship to the truth, and it's a lot more entertaining than The Sun (and as a rule, less misogynistic). ?

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

On behalf of fan fiction writers everywhere, I resent that description. Fan fiction has a far closer relationship to the truth, and it's a lot more entertaining than The Sun (and as a rule, less misogynistic). ?

Apologies. Fan fiction writers are 100x more talented than The Sun writers. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

Really weird to see the fundies and Bindi Irwin collide. The only reason I know who Tiffany is is because she was friends with Bindi during her early teen years. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

10 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Yeah I'm getting really bad vibes from this relationship.

Honestly, for me it's not so much bad vibes (any more than for any other fundie couple), but just a feeling that he's really not that much into her. Now, I know that not everyone is super demonstrative, and fundie guys in particular have to be all manly and play it cool, but with Lawson, I just see... nothing? No loving glances, no admiring looks... there's just no chemistry at all between these two, as far as I can see. BEC obviously, and pure speculation. But if you compare them with, say, Zach and Whitney, or even Nathan and his girlfriend, I'm just not feeling it. She seems to be just another photo prop to him.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Honestly, for me it's not so much bad vibes (any more than for any other fundie couple), but just a feeling that he's really not that much into her. Now, I know that not everyone is super demonstrative, and fundie guys in particular have to be all manly and play it cool, but with Lawson, I just see... nothing? No loving glances, no admiring looks... there's just no chemistry at all between these two, as far as I can see. BEC obviously, and pure speculation. But if you compare them with, say, Zach and Whitney, or even Nathan and his girlfriend, I'm just not feeling it. She seems to be just another photo prop to him.

No surprise there, Lawson only loves Lawson.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

On 1/14/2021 at 9:26 PM, fundiebabez said:

Tiffany Espensen. I’ll link her IMDb page below

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2556904/

Thanks for the link.

She has stared in more things I thought by other's comments. They might not be huge roles or leads like Skai Jackson (Jesse & Bunk'd) or Kira Kosarin & Jack Griffo (Thundermans)  Note - Jack Griffo & TIffany were both on Alexa & Katie. She has 36 acting credits to her name she has been in front of the camera and she has been voices for animated characters (The Lion Guard, Phineas and Ferb, Special agent Oso). I don't think some people are giving her enough credit for her 12 year career. 

I would agree with others that Lawson is trying to latch on to her, use her agent and other connections to further his ambitions. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 18

It’s probably nearly impossible to find fundie guys in Hollywood. And particularly if her family is relatively well-off and she is somewhat in the spotlight, most other “godly young men” would be in totally different life circumstances than she is. Lawson may be a selfish, pompous ass, but he’s not poor, he knows what it’s like to be at least a D-list celebrity, and he may be less likely to try to stifle her aspirations than your random run of the mill rural headship living in poverty. 

• Upvote 16

I find it interesting that this is the second female who’s come into the Bates who’s adopted (ok maybe Whitney wasn’t officially adopted but she was fostered/living with a different family at the time she met Zach). I don’t know about Tiffany’s upbringing, it seems as though her adoptive parents were at least supportive of her being an actress. However, to someone who hasn’t had a conventional upbringing I can imagine being part of a big, “loving” family like the Bates’ could be very appealing (I say “loving” because we know they are anything but). 

I saw the Instagram story that Lawson posted with Tiffany. She seems very affectionate towards him. Lawson on the other hand doesn’t seem into it, I’m sure he likes having a pretty, semi-famous actress on his arm but the only person Lawson will ever truly love is Lawson. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

...I don’t know about Tiffany’s upbringing, it seems as though her adoptive parents were at least supportive of her being an actress...

I would go a step further and suggest that at least one of her parents was the initial driving force in her becoming an actress. She was born in 1999, her first acting jobs were in 2007 - when she was 8 years old, so not really old enough to get acting gigs without an ambitious parent IMO. Here’s an article from one stage mom about what parents must do to get their children into acting https://www.huffpost.com/entry/so-you-want-to-be-in-pictures_b_5949d48ae4b0c24d29f47887

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, Johannah said:

Lawson may be a selfish, pompous ass, but he’s not poor, 

For now, he isn't. But when UP goes off the air...I don't really see his music career going anywhere. Is Tiffany willing to live in Tennessee?  If they live in (very expensive) California so Tiffany can continue acting (until the blessings start arriving) what is Lawson going to do all day. Being a D-list celebrity doesn't always pay the bills.

Faced with the prospect of living in Rocky Top, TN, I can see Tiffany running for the hills. It seems that the Bates Boys don't fare well with  the young ladies from places like New York and Dallas.

• Upvote 13

I think Lawson will fancy himself as some sort of celebrity after the show has ended- whether it’s acting or TV presenting I’m sure he thinks he’s got what it takes.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

For now, he isn't. But when UP goes off the air...I don't really see his music career going anywhere. Is Tiffany willing to live in Tennessee?  If they live in (very expensive) California so Tiffany can continue acting (until the blessings start arriving) what is Lawson going to do all day. Being a D-list celebrity doesn't always pay the bills.

Faced with the prospect of living in Rocky Top, TN, I can see Tiffany running for the hills. It seems that the Bates Boys don't fare well with  the young ladies from places like New York and Dallas.

Unlike Nathan i could see Lawson moving to Nashville. That wouldnt be such a shock as moving to Rocky top for her.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Unlike Nathan i could see Lawson moving to Nashville. That wouldnt be such a shock as moving to Rocky top for her.

I'm not so sure about that. LA to Nashville is still a huge transition. 

• Upvote 10

11 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Does Lawson have money? I assume he gets a cut from the show but does his singing pay much or does he do endorsements? 

I have never seen him do endorsements. At this point, he's only fit to endorse My Pillow. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Does Lawson have money? I assume he gets a cut from the show but does his singing pay much or does he do endorsements? 

I've never seen him do endorsements. His music does get downloaded, but I will be shocked if he's ever made enough to cover the cost of recording it. He doesn't have a music label and has only done a handful of concerts, mostly for charity.  His "constable" elected position pays a pittance--and it isn't a salary.  They get paid for every paper served, according to this article from an East Tennessee newspaper: https://heraldcourier.com/news/tennessee-constables-can-do-anything-a-law-enforcement-officer-can-do/article_a0ecd11f-d0db-546f-acce-c407cfd6931e.html

And we all know that Lawson is often away from his constable job.

What we don't know is if he receives any sort of salary from that MedicCorps fundy charity.

Bottom line, if the Bates Show were canceled, I don't believe that Lawson earns enough money to support himself living out from under his mama's roof, much less support a family.

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 1

I’ll say it again and again. I don’t think these two will last. They will take pictures and milk their relationship for as much as they can get on the show. They might even get engaged. They won’t have a quick courtship and engagement like the others. It will be more drawn out. Once Tiffany realizes what her life will really be like if she marries Lawson, she will eventually end it. Lawson will write tons of break up songs and milk it for all it’s worth. That’s what Lawson does. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

On 2/9/2021 at 4:29 PM, HereticHick said:

I've never seen him do endorsements. His music does get downloaded, but I will be shocked if he's ever made enough to cover the cost of recording it. He doesn't have a music label and has only done a handful of concerts, mostly for charity.  His "constable" elected position pays a pittance--and it isn't a salary.  They get paid for every paper served, according to this article from an East Tennessee newspaper: https://heraldcourier.com/news/tennessee-constables-can-do-anything-a-law-enforcement-officer-can-do/article_a0ecd11f-d0db-546f-acce-c407cfd6931e.html

And we all know that Lawson is often away from his constable job.

What we don't know is if he receives any sort of salary from that MedicCorps fundy charity.

Bottom line, if the Bates Show were canceled, I don't believe that Lawson earns enough money to support himself living out from under his mama's roof, much less support a family.

I know Tiffany is a full fledged adult now....but I do hope this conversation will come up at some point from her parents. Sometimes being Christian is not gonna be enough.

• Upvote 8

I realise Tiffany’s parents are Christian and so may be less horrified by Lawson than I would be as a potential partner for my child, but I would want to know his plans for providing a home etc if the relationship is to go further. People magazine photo shoots unremarkable music career and dressing up as a police officer wouldn’t cut it for me.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I wonder how they feel about chaperones. Having a group date with people your age is one thing but having little kids around would drive me nuts. I was always one to do what my parents said but I would never have gone with courtships. My parents didn’t want me dating and I did it anyways. I wouldn’t want to date a person with a family that wanted chaperones. It’s like they can’t be trusted. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic