IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I think you are right and I found the earrings. So he shelled out $600! Someone should really tell him about the whole concept of begin as you mean to go on! OK not.

neck.jpg

ear.jpg

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

My prediction: LawTif  or Tiffin or whatever we want to call them will be broken up by June. 

Lawffany?

1 hour ago, Mom to Nell said:

You could be right, but right now she has an Insta story up, gushing about the best boyfriend ever and telling others to "Aim high ladies, aim high".  He also gave her a necklace and earing's from Tiffany's. What a clever boy he is! My brain keeps circling around and around with their finances. How can he support a wife and children, let alone buy a home. It is a never ending mystery to me.

I wonder if he followed the "buy used, save the difference" mantra?  LOL

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I clearly know jack-and-shit about jewelry. And I think the hematite baubles are pretty.

But...I have hematite and I can't see a piece worth $300 unless a local artesian made it. (In which case $300 might not be enough)

I work in a place that sells souvenirs, I know the wholesale cost of cheap hematite jewelry. and since clarity isn't something we worry about with iron ore, so,  i just can't see it.

But, I'm never truly anti pretty baubles 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Do you want to move to Tennessee? If you move to Rocky Top, Tennessee, will you be comfortable as a biracial girl from southern California? If you move to Nashville, how will Lawson support you? If Lawson moves to LA, how will he support you? Do you want to become a mom in your early 20s? Are you comfortable with basically giving up your acting career when baby #2 or #3 appears? How will you and Lawson support your family when UP cancels the Bates show and you are busy wrangling multiple children?

This makes me wonder, how much do we know about her parents and what are they like?

She seems like more of the catch than Lawson, but I'm guessing the likelihood of this necessary conversation really depends on how deep her parents are in the Fundieverse. Maybe they think Lawson is the catch because the Bates are IBLP royalty? Was she raised to just act for now but always expected to put it aside to have children very young?

I have no idea about how the financials of this are supposed to work out. But Fundie financials always make me scratch my head. (I still desperately want a PowerPoint presentation.)

1 hour ago, Mom to Nell said:

I’m really wondering how this relationship can succeed. And I don’t think it can unless she becomes very submissive. She has been far more exposed to “worldly” influences during her time in Hollywood. Odds are she has spent time with fellow actors who are gay or trans, had pre-marital sex, etc.

This is always squicky to speculate on, but I'd say odds aren't that she has had pre-marital sex. She went to Liberty University for undergrad, which takes pre-marital sex pretty seriously. There is a vast universe of beliefs between frumper fundies and sex positive heathens. She can wear shorts and tank tops and still have pretty conservative beliefs.

And just because she has been around gay or trans people doesn't mean she is accepting of them or doesn't believe that they are sinning. 

I've found articles where she discusses how "murdering children" is the biggest political issue facing our country, putting down the feminist movement, stating the UN is anti-Semitic and she stands with Israel so that God will bless her, and how Billy Graham is her role model. She's pretty conservative...

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gil and Kelly think it’s up to the girls parents to provide chaperones and enforce that sort of thing. Which is convenient for them since they seem to love to control their daughters’ relationships more than their sons. It’s also convenient for all their boys to choose girls with parents much less strict than their own. 

Thanks for the clarification on that.  I used the eye roll emoji, not at you, but at the whole concept.  It’s just so crazy - like if your rule is that unmarried couples require chaperones, then that needs to apply to both girls and boys.  Seems otherwise like a load of hypocrisy.  

Thanks for the reply.  

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, SimplyMe said:

Thanks for the clarification on that.  I used the eye roll emoji, not at you, but at the whole concept.  It’s just so crazy - like if your rule is that unmarried couples require chaperones, then that needs to apply to both girls and boys.  Seems otherwise like a load of hypocrisy.  

Thanks for the reply.  

Fundies are super sexist. I can guarantee that if Lawson got Tiffany pregnant, they would blame her parents. You know since boys will be boys and girls have to be more modest. But if Katie got pregnant, they would flip the fuck out and have a meltdown. 

• Upvote 17

Never mind her family and friends, I wonder if her AGENT is going to sit her down and have a talk.

Tiffany was at the Bateses' I love you day party in a bumblebee costume; she and Lawson won the costume contest. Is she going to appear on Bringing Up Bates? If so, did she sign a contract? If so, what is her compensation? Because her agency definitely wants their cut of the compensation, and if she appears uncompensated I bet her agent won't be pleased. Hopefully her agent genuinely has her best interests in mind, not just the money, but even if the agent is only thinking about Tiffany's professional career it will still be a discussion.

If you sleuths upthread who think Cindy Moon could have her own storyline are right, her agent won't want to lose her.

• Upvote 23

19 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

f you sleuths upthread who think Cindy Moon could have her own storyline are right, her agent won't want to lose her.

I think that if they did give Cindy Moon her own series (because realistically, Marvel's not going to make a movie starring a female POC anytime soon) they would recast the character. Tiffany has shown through her social media that she's too much of a liability to head a franchise.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Tiffany was at the Bateses' I love you day party in a bumblebee costume; she and Lawson won the costume contest. 

Did both Tiffany and Esther dress up as bumblebees for the party? I only saw the pics of Esther and Lawson.

• Upvote 5

I'm sorry for making such an ignorant blanket statement earlier. I sincerely apologise for any unintentional upset or offence it may have caused.

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

This is always squicky to speculate on, but I'd say odds aren't that she has had pre-marital sex. She went to Liberty University for undergrad, which takes pre-marital sex pretty seriously. There is a vast universe of beliefs between frumper fundies and sex positive heathens. She can wear shorts and tank tops and still have pretty conservative beliefs.

And just because she has been around gay or trans people doesn't mean she is accepting of them or doesn't believe that they are sinning. 

I've found articles where she discusses how "murdering children" is the biggest political issue facing our country, putting down the feminist movement, stating the UN is anti-Semitic and she stands with Israel so that God will bless her, and how Billy Graham is her role model. She's pretty conservative...

Sorry, I was typing too fast and not articulating clearly. I don't think she's had sex, just that she's been around unmarried people who have. I should have added some context to my comment about gay or trans people. I agree it doesn't mean she is accepting, thanks for the reminder. I guess I'd been thinking about Lawson growing up in the Bates Bubble and how most everyone he interacted with up until the shows started probably thought and believed exactly the same all the time. He would have been 19 when United Bates of America 1st aired and I don't think they even had a TV at the time. In comparison Tiffany has been acting since she was 8 and that would have given her real world experience and at least some ability to interact, get along, and even be friendly with others of different religious (or non) beliefs, sexual orientation and gender, etc. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Never mind her family and friends, I wonder if her AGENT is going to sit her down and have a talk.

Tiffany was at the Bateses' I love you day party in a bumblebee costume; she and Lawson won the costume contest. Is she going to appear on Bringing Up Bates? If so, did she sign a contract? If so, what is her compensation? Because her agency definitely wants their cut of the compensation, and if she appears uncompensated I bet her agent won't be pleased. Hopefully her agent genuinely has her best interests in mind, not just the money, but even if the agent is only thinking about Tiffany's professional career it will still be a discussion.

If you sleuths upthread who think Cindy Moon could have her own storyline are right, her agent won't want to lose her.

You would think she would learn from what happened with Gina Carano.  I am glad when people's true selves are exposed, but I still can't believe Carano wasn't smart enough to keep her mouth shut about her vile beliefs.   She lost out on lots of Marvel checks and more publicity of herself as an actress, just because she couldn't stop her twitter fingers.  Man, if that was me, no one would EVER know. ?  Maybe her fame went to her head and she thought she was untouchable?  (For those who don't know, she started out as an MMA fighter.)  If so, that was dumb....she's not Robert Downey Jr.  

It was great seeing an actual muscular woman kick ass onscreen, thats the only reason i'm a little disappointed.  Well she went from Marvel/Disney actress whose character was set for lots more screen time, to making shit with Ben Shapiro and a future of dopey ass tv movies with Kirk Cameron now.  Jesus what a fall. 

Beware Tiffany. Beware

• Upvote 12

I'm of the idea that if Marvel expands a Cindy Moon film, the character will be recast. Tiffany may be talented but she's not got the skills or the resume to back up a lead role like that, in major Hollywood. And honestly her family seems quite conservative in their religious beliefs - even if she's been around people who drink or fuck, I wouldn't be surprised if she's never kissed anyone personally or on film. This girl posted a FB pic mourning Billy Graham when he died, did her online-Bachelor's at Liberty U, and is all about anti-choice and biblical femininity...

Not all fundies are completely against women working. It's perfectly acceptable for a woman to work during her "single years" as she uses that "phase of life" to prepare her for becoming a wife, blah blah blah. Some women are called to singleness, others to wifedom, and if wifedom is your ultimate calling then whatever you did before doesn't matter so long as it got you to where The Lord called you to be. like, duhhhh. ?

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

I don’t think Tiffany would have any intention of moving to Tennessee (maybe a second home near Nashville like other celebrities.) This seems like Lawson’s opportunity to be Hollywood famous. I think Tiffany would be fortunate to end up with a career like Candace Cameron Bure, although Candace was a lot more famous as a child actor. Candace is the same type of ultra conservative Christian, but she’s made her life in Hollywood work. She took a little time off from her career when her kids were small and then got right back into a very busy career. I don’t really see Lawson having a problem with that as long as it gave him some level of celebrity too. I honestly think her parents would think it’s more important for her to find a husband with her values than one who can “provide” for her. She comes from money and that will be something that she brings to the marriage. I think these two crazy kids can make it work! (Seriously, I’m not invested in this, but I think they might make it to the altar. Maybe I’ll predict it will be the first Bates divorce.)

• Upvote 14

@Jigsaw3 Very good point/interesting observation. I'd add that having appeared in a credited role in a Marvel movie means that Tiffany is (or was) a SAG-AFTRA member. If she's still a card carrying union member, she could be running into some trouble appearing on an unscripted series (i.e., non-union production). I don't know what the rules are for SAG-AFTRA members. They may be flexible given the amount of "reality TV" these days. If she was a member of Actor's Equity (the stage union) and she wanted to go perform in a non-union production in Branson, it would be a big no-no.

Also, would like to point out the utter hypocrisy of her politics when her union enabled her to receive a guaranteed rate of pay for her work and health insurance...SMH.

• Upvote 12

16 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Asian gene dominance is very strong. I'm a school teacher and there's a couple of students who are 1/4 Vietnamese and 3/4 caucasian and they favour their 1/2 Vietnamese father much more than their white mother.

It reminds me of the Jon and Kate kids, too.

Not always so. My BFF growing up (Caucasian) had 3 kids with her half Chinese husband. You'd never know that he was their father. All of them favor her side of the family. 

My half Chinese niece also looks like her Sicilian mother. 

Genetics are strange like that.

• Upvote 6

I know it’s not likely but Tiffany and lawson could not be as fundie as they seem. Lawson has some freedom, compared to his sisters, but he still has not been on his own. Maybe once he is married and in the real world he will realize how sheltered his parents kept him and how wrong some of their beliefs are. I don’t know enough about tiffy. I will say that people who post about their perfect lives, perfect marriage, and post a lot of religious shit tend to have the opposite reality. The Bible says they will know you by your fruit. Posting all the time about god and the Bible doesn’t mean shit at the end of the day. 
I think they can make their relationship work if they grow up together. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

My daughter asked for infinity war, this morning. I assume this is Tiffany In the second row behind? That’s basically the best you see of her if so. And it’s about 5seconds tops. I looked for her later in that brief scene and could not spot her. Unless she has a role in Spider-Man three, I think it would be a stretch (but not impossible) for her to be in further stuff. 

26E78D0F-02F6-4DDA-8910-8AE26A0D3C04.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

On YouTube there is a video compilation of all the scenes she was in, in Spiderman and avengers

Is this one of them or am I way off? 

She’s very pretty. I hope, probably naively, that her looks and fame are not the only thing that Lawson likes about her. I truly don’t understand the mental gymnastics Lawson must have engaged in to support a bigoted president who oppressed POC whilst having a girlfriend who is Chinese. How does he reconcile the two? How does Tiffany accept his vile, racist attitude of superiority? 

• Upvote 9

On 2/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, lumpentheologie said:

Is there any evidence she’s biracial? I just assumed she was Chinese since she was adopted from China. 

I don't know why it matters to you, but there are plenty of biracial girls (and boys!) adopted out of China.

To put it a bit more clearly: There are nonAsian people in China.  Chinese people sometimes have sex with these non-Asian people. On occasion, this leads to pregnancy and childbirth. Sometimes, for various reasons, these children end up in orphanages.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 4

10 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

She’s very pretty. I hope, probably naively, that her looks and fame are not the only thing that Lawson likes about her. I truly don’t understand the mental gymnastics Lawson must have engaged in to support a bigoted president who oppressed POC whilst having a girlfriend who is Chinese. How does he reconcile the two? How does Tiffany accept his vile, racist attitude of superiority? 

Internalized racism

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

Not an expert by any means, but we as humans tend to rationalize a lot when it comes to people we care about and their overt or covert prejudices. We often think, but it isn't about me. He doesn't treat me that way. It's just other people. Or he has a good heart and means well. 

People not recognize racism, homophobia, etc. when it is blatant has become way too common. 

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic