IGNORED

Lawson Bates 5: Thinking He Knows What He's Doing

Coconut Flan

14 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

She’s very pretty. I hope, probably naively, that her looks and fame are not the only thing that Lawson likes about her. I truly don’t understand the mental gymnastics Lawson must have engaged in to support a bigoted president who oppressed POC whilst having a girlfriend who is Chinese. How does he reconcile the two? How does Tiffany accept his vile, racist attitude of superiority? 

Isn’t she quite conservative? Is there any evidence that she didn’t support Trump herself? While I agree with your politics, PoC are not obligated to oppose Trump. Lots of Cuban-Americans are very pro-Trump, as one example.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Am I the only one surprised that Lawson and his fellow Mediccorps disaster aid cosplayers haven't gone down to Texas to help with water distribution, etc?

I guess Lawson has been too busy with his 2+ week plus Western vacation with Tiff.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

27 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Am I the only one surprised that Lawson and his fellow Mediccorps disaster aid cosplayers haven't gone down to Texas to help with water distribution, etc?

I guess Lawson has been too busy with his 2+ week plus Western vacation with Tiff.

I also think it’s too politicized, like COVID. A mayor there was forced to resign for tweeting that Texans should not expect the government or anyone else to help them and that they should have been prepared to take care of themselves under circumstances like these. Doesn’t need to be stated that this thinking is flawed and deranged, but I’m sure Lawson was influenced by that kind of rhetoric on his conservative social media. None of the Bateses or Duggars jumped up with their guns and fake badges to “help” Texans in a time of crisis. Arkansas literally borders Texas! The hypocrisy is inexcusable. 

• Upvote 17

26 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

@front hugs > duggs, they have known each other since kids and met while filming one of Bindi's movies. Can't remember if it was Disney related.

Do you happen to know anything about the Irwin's religious beliefs? I've watched a lot of their recent show- the one behind the scenes of the zoo - but really don't know much about them outside of their wildlife work.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Isn’t she quite conservative? Is there any evidence that she didn’t support Trump herself? While I agree with your politics, PoC are not obligated to oppose Trump. Lots of Cuban-Americans are very pro-Trump, as one example.

I agree, no one is obligated to support or oppose any candidate. Trump had supporters who were/are from all ethnic backgrounds and all walks of life. I’m sorry you read my comment to mean that Tiffany was, in my mind, automatically required to vote Democratic because of the colour of her skin. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Do you happen to know anything about the Irwin's religious beliefs? I've watched a lot of their recent show- the one behind the scenes of the zoo - but really don't know much about them outside of their wildlife work.

I don't know for sure but I think they are Christians by a lot of the wording they use on social media and general disposition. It is smart of them not to declare anything publicly.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

They don't say anything publicly, which is wise. They seem very Christian. They obviously place a high value on lives, though no clue if they're pro-life. Though Bindi is most often pictured publicly in work clothes, even in other clothes she's very modest. They got married quite young and she's immediately pregnant. They're of course very environmental-hippie-liberal and Bindi's made vague posts about inclusiveness and girl-power, but honestly not anything that a fundie might post. 

Lawson's insta story today is of him introducing miss Tiffany to the wonders of Bass Pro Shop. He narrates, pointing out the "fishing" section, she nods along. He says, "and then we've got to go to the hunting section", and that's where the video ends. I wonder how Tiffany, who's been involved with the Irwins' Wildlife Warrior stuff, feels about killing animals for sport? Fundies and friends sure do love to ignore *cognitive dissonance*.....

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 15

33 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

They don't say anything publicly, which is wise. They seem very Christian. They obviously place a high value on lives, though no clue if they're pro-life. Though Bindi is most often pictured publicly in work clothes, even in other clothes she's very modest. They got married quite young and she's immediately pregnant. They're of course very environmental-hippie-liberal and Bindi's made vague posts about inclusiveness and girl-power, but honestly not anything that a fundie might post. 

Lawson's insta story today is of him introducing miss Tiffany to the wonders of Bass Pro Shop. He narrates, pointing out the "fishing" section, she nods along. He says, "and then we've got to go to the hunting section", and that's where the video ends. I wonder how Tiffany, who's been involved with the Irwins' Wildlife Warrior stuff, feels about killing animals for sport? Fundies and friends sure do love to ignore *cognitive dissonance*.....

Do they not have mask laws in TN?  They’re walking all around Bass Pro without a mask in sight.  What the hell?  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I originally thought Tiffany would dump Lawson, but I don't think so anymore. She likes and/or comments on virtually every Bates instagram post (and some Duggars as well). I get major Spivey vibes from her.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I don't know if this is her first boyfriend, but she gives major first boyfriend vibes. She seems obsessed with him, constantly talking about how he's the most wonderful, most amazing, loving man in the entire world

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 5

It probably doesn't hurt Tiffany's infatuation that Lawson is very handsome, although he's such scum I can't appreciate him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I don't know if this is her first boyfriend, but she gives major first boyfriend vibes. She seems obsessed with him, constantly talking about how he's the most wonderful, most amazing, loving man in the entire world

She’s also been raised to worship and flatter and defer to men ?

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

For a pretty, glamorous Fundie woman like Tiffany the pool of suitable young men may be very shallow indeed. Somebody who shares their beliefs, doesn’t mind that she enjoys fashion and shows a bit of skin, doesn’t mind the publicity (and nobody could accuse Lawson of that!) and doesn’t look like a Duggar- it’s slim pickings I imagine.

For all we know Tiffany could be more cynical than we give her credit for- she has following of her own, perhaps she is looking to tap into the people who follow the  Bates family who haven’t heard of her and exploit that market.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, snickerz said:

I originally thought Tiffany would dump Lawson, but I don't think so anymore. She likes and/or comments on virtually every Bates instagram post (and some Duggars as well). I get major Spivey vibes from her.

I don’t. I think she’s initially fascinated by their cute little country lives. But the only way she would ever marry Lawson is if she could still live in California most of the time. There’s no way in hell she would ever move to the middle of nowhere Tennessee. Hell I don’t even think she could handle Nashville full time. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Lawson might shock us all and move to California. Chad moved to TN for Erin. But Chad's personality is totally different from Lawson's.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Lawson might shock us all and move to California. Chad moved to TN for Erin. But Chad's personality is totally different from Lawson's.

Lawson could move there if he thinks it would further his career. However he would hate going from a big fish in a small pond to a small fish in a big pond. 

• Upvote 9
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 7

I read her that Tiffany went to Liberty University--do we know if (pre-pandemic) she attended in person or online?  [I think Liberty is the 2nd biggest online university in the US]. If she attended online while living at home she might be even more sheltered than we realize.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I read her that Tiffany went to Liberty University--do we know if (pre-pandemic) she attended in person or online?  [I think Liberty is the 2nd biggest online university in the US]. If she attended online while living at home she might be even more sheltered than we realize.

I think she did a completely online degree 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Late to the conversation but I also doubt Lawson is making money off the music thing. My daughter is in a band, it's kind of folk I guess? Indie? She plays the cello. Whenever they have gigs that pay, they save the money and when they have enough, they record another album, which requires studio time and hiring some extra musicians. She just does it for fun and is also a string teacher full time. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, SimplyMe said:

Do they not have mask laws in TN?  They’re walking all around Bass Pro without a mask in sight.  What the hell?  

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe bass doesn’t want to enforce a mask mandate. Some places say to ask and if the customer refuses don’t do anything. I think it’s dumb. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I would find that hilarious just like I did when JinJer did. He'd have fun when the next senate race comes around and he gets to choose between voting for a democrat or not voting at all.

• Upvote 6

I've been watching previous seasons of Bringing up Bates and am super curious how this relationship will be framed on the show. I haven't seen any of the Katie/Travis relationship on the show yet but with Tori, Carlin, and Josie there were multiple storylines about chaperones, etc. I know there are double standards for men and women and supposedly the woman's family sets the standards etc etc but with all these videos Tiffany and Lawson are posting, it sure looks like they travel together without a chaperone and are frequently alone together. I would LOVE to see a talking head from Kelly Jo and Gil about this but I know it won't happen. I guess the show will just ignore that their social media is full of contradictions to the mindset that got them this show in the first place.

Not related, but from what I've seen on Instagram, Tiffany lives in San Diego, not LA/Hollywood. It's about 2 hours from LA so would certainly be doable to have the occasional project up there. I don't picture Tiffany moving to Tennessee although maybe Nashville briefly before they find a reason to leave. I really wouldn't be surprised if Lawson moved to California. San Diego is generally more conservative than LA or San Francisco. I live in one of the more conservative parts of San Diego county and I've seen Confederate flags (for real). Lawson could have some like-minded people around and still be a 30 minute drive from a highly instagrammable beach. Not that I want Lawson moving anywhere near me.....please.....there are enough closed-minded people here.

Edit: This Liberty University article says Tiffany lives in LA, but I think her family lives in San Diego and has an apartment in LA (and a beach house, based on her mom's old Twitter posts, ha).

Edited by TheGleeTeam
Add link
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

I know Tiffany is in a honeymoon/infatuation stage right now but I really hope she wakes up and realizes Lawson can really be a jerk at times. Also, please let her wake up before they're engaged or married. Lawson's ego seriously needs an adjustment and losing Tiffany might just be the ticket ... OR ... it will entrench him further and then maybe he'll repel ALL the fundie maidens.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic