IGNORED

Maxwell 43: Divesting from the First Church of Stevehovah Reversalist

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Foudeb said:

If she's shopping for multiple households I do understand excel sheeting it out. 

Why share it though, does she think everyone shops for their eleventy grown up and married off sons? 

Nothing else to talk about? 

• Upvote 6

Steve and Teri (and maybe the girls) are vegetarians, not vegans, if they're eating dairy(cow's/sheeps'/mare's milk, butter and yogurt/kefir) and eggs. Whether it's for cholesterol-reduction or for animal welfare, vegans do not consume animal products.  

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Oh, Terri. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being depressed. There is something awfully wrong about not taking advantage of the wonderful modern medicine and therapies we have to deal with it.

In Teri's defense (that was horrifying to write, by the way) the way our society has always viewed depression and taking medication for it has always been seriously screwy. Taking anti-depressants isn't looked at with the same understanding as taking insulin for diabetes or blood thinners or even popping a Tylenol for a headache. All of those things are understood because it's something that can either be seen visually or with some sort of medical test. Depression and anxiety are invisible and I believe that society has always wanted it to stay that way because it's an uncomfortable topic.

I was 10 when I started experiencing signs of anxiety and depression, but I wasn't prescribed my first medication until I was 12. For years after that I would go on and off my meds because it felt shameful and weak to need medicine just to get through the day. I'm 37 now, I take my anti-depressant every day, and I no longer give a flying fuck what people think of me needing medication. I have an illness that's no different than any other illness, except it can't be seen or diagnosed with a test.

That was a really long winded way of saying I can understand Teri's reluctance to medicate for her depression.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 10

So Teri unlocks her phone with facial recognition.  I guess she's not a password memorisation person.  Couldn't she memorise something from the Bible as a password? :P Actually why does she lock her phone at all? Surely she has no secrets.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:25 AM, Foudeb said:

Two posts by Teri in a row. 

Is Sarah OK? 

Well she's very busy getting her book to press.

• Upvote 10

On 10/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, fundiewatch said:

I was hanging around the Titus2 page today and got to thinking about OCC. They didn’t host the Christmas in July fundraiser, but I wonder if they’ve still been making boxes? So much difference in MaxHell this year! 

Last year they did the “fundraiser” around this time in October. They may still do it or have done it. Sarah will update us if they did. 

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Steve and Teri (and maybe the girls) are vegetarians, not vegans, if they're eating dairy(cow's/sheeps'/mare's milk, butter and yogurt/kefir) and eggs. Whether it's for cholesterol-reduction or for animal welfare, vegans do not consume animal products.  

In past posts Sarah and Teri have stated Teri and Steve follow, primarily, a vegan diet due to Steve’s health issues. The rest of the family do not. Most likely they eat together and the meals are the same, so the girls may be “half vegan” so to say only consuming meat and dairy during holidays, family events, traveling and/or visiting a sibling 

• Upvote 6

On 10/20/2020 at 6:30 PM, Howl said:

This is honestly the best thing ever, and was NOT on my post-fundamentalist bingo card. 

I know, right? When he recanted IKDG I thought I'd seen it all. Turns out he was only getting started.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well now I’m picturing Steve as Walter White and I’m loving it.

Breaking Dad

Edited by Dominionatrix
Punching up my joke
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

10 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

The dairy and eggs could be for the girls, and not Steve and Teri.
They also buy various types of meat and poultry, as well as diapers. The diapers could be for when they have young grandchildren over. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 10/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, Black Aliss said:

One more thing: Why is sudagest (pseudoephedrine) on their master list rather than a once in a while item, maybe during hay fever season? Are they running a meth lab in their kitchen?

I have a theory that because they are buying for so very many people, that they pick up a package every time they are in the store.  Kansas and Missouri (they shop in both states, and they track across state lines) both have limits on how much pseudoephedrine can be purchased in a given amount of time, it can only be bought in person, and you have to provide photo ID to do it.  To have even one box at the possession limit for each adult in the family, it would have to be a pretty regular purchase.  Back when I had five people at home, I did the same thing (on a smaller scale).

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

The dairy and eggs could be for the girls, and not Steve and Teri.
They also buy various types of meat and poultry, as well as diapers. The diapers could be for when they have young grandchildren over. 

They buy for their daughters-in-law, especially Anna Marie. The diapers are probably for Simon. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Today is Chris & Anna's anniversary. They did pictures with Anna in her wedding dress. She is swimming in it. It shows how frail she is and how much weight she has lost in this fight. 

As much as I dislike the Maxwells & their beliefs, my heart breaks for Anna & her children. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

I imagine no one being allowed to touch the spreadsheet but having to tell Teri to add / change something is a control thing too - I doubt Teri feels comfortable letting someone else on it - doesn’t want someone messing with it, no surprises.....

What of course doesn’t surprise me is that, if the girls notice something empty or have run out of something, it must go on mommy’s list. I highly doubt Sarah for example says “Oh we’ve run out of X Y and Z - I think I’ll just go shopping now, maybe grab a treat too - does anyone want anything?”

The cheese doesn’t surprise me - think of the Andersons and the butter, the Duggar’s and the soup that goes in everything. All these families seem to eat certain things in excess. I would probably be using lots of cheese with the Maxwell menu for flavour!

Poor Anna Marie, cancer is such a long battle. 
i have always thought from Anna’s posts about the cancer that she is constantly battling herself in that she feels she needs to be 100% physically and emotionally there as normal for her children and husband during this time (and a small part of me sometimes feels like this is implied from the Maxwells headship and in some ways, Christopher) and I just hope that the pressure on her is being relieved. I know it is to a descent enough level with the family help which a lot of people wouldn’t have - I just hope she can say “I can’t school today, I just feel awful and need to rest” or “Christopher could you please bathe the children tonight so I can sit down” and not feel guilty.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

21 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

As much as I dislike the Maxwells & their beliefs, my heart breaks for Anna & her children. 

Mine too. I really hope she’s going to be OK. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Those pictures are really heartbreaking. Unless it was Anna concieved and approved, I can’t imagine who thought this was a good idea. One thing that always struck me about Anna is that she always looked so content and happy in her role as a wife and mother (odious beliefs aside). She looks so…defeated now, the embodiment of the phrase “the smile doesn’t reach her eyes.” I can imagine what she’s going through; she must be so tired and so frustrated and I would hope beyond hope that she’s allowed to feel and express all of those things. But then I remember Teri’s Mom’s Corner where she talked about keeping up appearances even though she was in extreme pain from her chronic back problems and I know that’s probably not the case. ?

As much as I hate to admit it, I could probably learn a thing or two from Teri’s shopping habits (although she can still take the simplest task and turn it into something that rivals the D-Day invasion for strategic planning.) I’m probably in the record books somewhere as the world’s worst shopper and never met a new-fangled food item that I didn’t want to try. Unfortunately Mr. Sparkles is the same way. But we both LOVE grocery shopping and finding new stores—it’s like our date night—even though we’re the poster children for lessons in impulse control. I use the Paprika app, which I adore, to keep a list of things we NEED (it’s generated from recipes I want to make, plus things I’ve added myself) and I’m good about sticking to it. It’s the things we WANT that trip us up. Add in the fact that I never look for sales unless they’re right in front of me, I clip coupons but always forget to bring them with me or use them, I’m brand loyal, and I love exotic shit, and it’s no wonder that my grocery bill rivals our mortgage payment each month. I’m not proud of this, you know. ?

• Upvote 13

Am I the only one who misses the food samples at Sam's and Costco? I literally use to have a whole meal off samples. Hugs for Anna Marie.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

I see tortilla chips in the van, not tortillas. I can understand buying the chips rather than making them. 

I know a couple people who’ve tried on their wedding dresses for special occasions. Hopefully that’s all that went into the decision in which case I think it’s sweet. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Breaking Dad

A show about a dad making a drug that forces people to read their bible three times a day. Side effects include memorizing scriptures, going to bed early, waking up early, needing to fast,  and the urge to read the Bible more than the recommended three times a day. 
steve will stop at nothing to get this drug to everyone. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

18 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I see tortilla chips in the van, not tortillas. I can understand buying the chips rather than making them. 

I know a couple people who’ve tried on their wedding dresses for special occasions. Hopefully that’s all that went into the decision in which case I think it’s sweet. 

Is this a milestone anniversary for Anna and Chris?  Have they done the photo of Anna in her wedding gown on anniversaries before this one?  If neither is the case,  I think the photo this anniversary is just weird.  Who wants to see a picture of their mom or their beloved looking so ill?  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Am I the only one who misses the food samples at Sam's and Costco?

No, but I do think it's weird they haven't removed them entirely. Having people stand with models of food is just so pointless and adds additional people inside the store that don't need to be there. One of them was ranting, soapbox style last week. 

I never got the samples before, but our Costco was really crowded, pre-pandemic. If I couldn't get there right when it opened, I'd wait until I could. No one has time to spend hours in a Costco. 

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Upvote 4

It’s their 10 year anniversary. Healing thoughts to Anna Marie. Do her parents , even before Covid, ever visit KS?

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

It’s their 10 year anniversary. Healing thoughts to Anna Marie. Do her parents , even before Covid, ever visit KS?

Not sure about her parents. I think before COVID they did travel to see them in Washington state. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, MaryatHome said:

I have a theory that because they are buying for so very many people, that they pick up a package every time they are in the store.  Kansas and Missouri (they shop in both states, and they track across state lines) both have limits on how much pseudoephedrine can be purchased in a given amount of time, it can only be bought in person, and you have to provide photo ID to do it.  To have even one box at the possession limit for each adult in the family, it would have to be a pretty regular purchase.  Back when I had five people at home, I did the same thing (on a smaller scale).

Your theory makes much more sense but I still prefer mine. 

For the Tom Lehrer fans:

Spoiler

I like the photo of Anna and Christopher and I hope they can do this every 10 years for decades to come. But I am glad Sarah had the good sense to not pair it with a photo from their wedding day.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Regarding the Maxwell shopping list, Teri says it's a master list showing all the items they might buy and they don't buy everything on the list every month.  So just because they have decongestant on it doesn't mean they buy a pack every month or they that buy 457 kinds of cheese every time they go.  It's identifying the cheese they pick from when they want or need it and the decongestant that they use and buy as needed.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Chris’s smile is sad, too. 

The following is not critical of the couple: If someone had pulled the bodice of the dress a little snugger around the waist, it might have looked a little less distressing.  

Poor kids.  Hoping & praying they make it. 

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic