IGNORED

Maxwell 43: Divesting from the First Church of Stevehovah Reversalist

Coconut Flan

I found a photo of Teri at Chris and Anna’s wedding and she was wearing something navy blue. 
I remember reading the description of Nathan’s wedding and one of the comments apparently was “the bride and groom dismissing the guests row by row was great!” and thinking what an utterly ridiculous comment it sounded. I doubt anyone actually said that... and if they did, they sounded like they were bored rigid and being allowed to leave was the best part. 

• Upvote 13

Odd question here but I'm a little bit new to the Maxwells. Does anyone know what Teri's maiden name is? It's not on FundieWiki.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Odd question here but I'm a little bit new to the Maxwells. Does anyone know what Teri's maiden name is? It's not on FundieWiki.

I believe it’s Frazer. Not 100% sure though.

• Thank You 1

6 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Does anyone know what Teri's maiden name is? It's not on FundieWiki.

I believe it's Fraser (or Frazer?).

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I believe it's Fraser (or Frazer?).

I think your right. I seem to remember seeing that name on her father’s obituary. 

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I found a photo of Teri at Chris and Anna’s wedding and she was wearing something navy blue. 
I remember reading the description of Nathan’s wedding and one of the comments apparently was “the bride and groom dismissing the guests row by row was great!” and thinking what an utterly ridiculous comment it sounded. I doubt anyone actually said that... and if they did, they sounded like they were bored rigid and being allowed to leave was the best part. 

If that was truly the first wedding they'd been to that did that, then it would've seemed refreshing and new. I think every wedding I went to in the 80s'90s involved a receiving line with the entire freaking bridal party. If you're a guest at a wedding it's probably because you know the bride OR the groom, and maybe a smattering of attendants (if the bride and groom include all their siblings, for example, or if it's a friend group you interacted with as a whole in school) that you know, and probably a good number of perfect strangers that you don't want or need to talk to. ONLY having to interact with the two people you actually came to celebrate would be an awesome upgrade if the receiving line is all you've known.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 10/14/2020 at 8:46 PM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

On another note, I haven't found any of this on FJ yet, but I have found rude comments regarding Anna's sister, Rachael, regarding her facial features

...Did they ignore the fact that she has a gorgeous head of hair??

On 10/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, SassyPants said:

I will admit, I have never skimped on foot wear. Granted, many of these people don’t have to work all day on their feet...

Even for folks who are not on their feet all day long, it's good practice to wear well made shoes.

14 hours ago, kpmom said:

I have "discovered" wedge heels, such as these from Lifestride;

Vionic is also an excellent brand that makes everything from flip flops, dress shoes, slippers, athletic shoes, etc. with excellent support. Once you figure out what size you are (they run big and come in whole sizes), you can find good deals on Amazon.com or DSW.com

Example flip flop:

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/vionic-lucia-flip-flop/477339?activeColor=445

Edited by moreorlessnu
URL was missing.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, Bethy said:
16 hours ago, ElizaB said:

Based on some other posts they do seem to put a lot of money into their hiking boots too

And socks. Every year on What Some Might Call A Vacation they'd stop at some specialty hiking store to buy more socks.

Investing in good hiking boots makes sense for them, even if most of those trails are well-worn paths and the effort comes from the altitude, not so much the hike itself. But why not buy a few pairs of Darn Tough hiking socks with their lifetime guarantee for each family member and be done with it? Does Steve object to the mild oath in the name? Never mind, I just answered my first question.

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Investing in good hiking boots makes sense for them, even if most of those trails are well-worn paths and the effort comes from the altitude, not so much the hike itself. But why not buy a few pairs of Darn Tough hiking socks with their lifetime guarantee for each family member and be done with it? Does Steve object to the mild oath in the name? Never mind, I just answered my first question.

Years ago, I bought a set of Keen hiking shoes at REI before a trip to Yellowstone National Park. I got them home and walked around the house briefly, and decided they were probably too heavy and clunky to wear comfortably. Nevertheless, I packed them for the trip. 

When we got to YNP, I looked out over the Mammoth Spring trails and decided that the hiking shoes would be better protection than my sneakers. By the time we got back to the car, I was a fan. I think I am on my fifth or sixth pair now. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

To add to the mother of the bride re wearing dresses... My mom wore the same dress to my wedding and my sister's wedding, but our weddings were less than 6 months apart. She did wear a beaded jacket for my wedding( (fall, evening wedding) and went without for my sister's (spring, afternoon wedding) so that plus different shoes and jewelry and it wasn't noticeable. Since the wedding were so close my dad decided to buy a tux, and just wore different ties. 

Neither my sister or I cared and were happy they were able to save a bit of money since two weddings so close together are quite expensive. My sister even wore my veil.

• Upvote 14

23 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There hasn't been a new post since Wednesday. Any ideas why?

Sarah has seemed less and less interested in the blog for some time now. They no longer tour and there are other chore systems now so I'll bet their books are not selling nearly as well any more so Steve doesn't have a big interest in keeping the blog going either. I think Sarah is  mailing it in because she can't be bothered. 

As much as I love fundie gossip,I hope Sarah spends the day playing with Ellie instead of writing.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Now I’m obsessed with whether QE2 carried her purse down the aisle for her kids’ weddings! 

8 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Years ago, I bought a set of Keen hiking shoes at REI before a trip to Yellowstone National Park. I got them home and walked around the house briefly, and decided they were probably too heavy and clunky to wear comfortably. Nevertheless, I packed them for the trip. 

When we got to YNP, I looked out over the Mammoth Spring trails and decided that the hiking shoes would be better protection than my sneakers. By the time we got back to the car, I was a fan. I think I am on my fifth or sixth pair now. 

Not a serious biker but I do love Keens. And Danskos!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

Sarah has seemed less and less interested in the blog for some time now. They no longer tour and there are other chore systems now so I'll bet their books are not selling nearly as well any more so Steve doesn't have a big interest in keeping the blog going either. I think Sarah is  mailing it in because she can't be bothered. 

As much as I love fundie gossip,I hope Sarah spends the day playing with Ellie instead of writing.

They still seem to post on regular schedule- Monday, Wednesday, Friday.  And a lot of times when they skip a day it's so they can post on a day they don't normally post on. 

There are also only 3 comments published, each one answered by Sarah. That's surprising to me, given that weddings are a big deal and people usually like to write in.

Maybe the wedding pictures are still being left up, because it's the most exciting news for while. But I get the sense something maybe up. 

Someone in the blog comments pointed out that Anna didn't wear a veil. I like that.

• Upvote 5

@MamaJunebug,  if I watched enough YouTube videos I could probably answer your question about whether the Queen carried a purse at any of her children's  weddings.  I watched part of a short video about the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton and she looks to have a purse on her lap in the limousine after the wedding.  I've got a book by her dresser that might tell, but it's in the same room that the cat is sleeping in and I don't want to wake her up.  What she was not, though, at any of the weddings is the Matron of Honor ala JillRod.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@MamaJunebug,  if I watched enough YouTube videos I could probably answer your question about whether the Queen carried a purse at any of her children's  weddings.  I watched part of a short video about the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton and she looks to have a purse on her lap in the limousine after the wedding.  I've got a book by her dresser that might tell, but it's in the same room that the cat is sleeping in and I don't want to wake her up.  What she was not, though, at any of the weddings is the Matron of Honor ala JillRod.

Thank you!! I’ve developed a vague interest in QE2 and will riffle through a few sites I’ve seen lately.  Do the royals even include the parents in the processional?  I watched poor Diana get saddled with Chuck in ‘81 but haven’t paid much attention since. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Semi-related:  Is it true that when QE wants you outta her presence, she moves her purse from her left forearm to her right, signaling her courtiers to clear the room?

Yep.

The secret signals the Queen sends with her handbag
Her trusty Launer bag reportedly has a more important purpose 

by Luke Abrahams
20 April, 2020

The Queen loves a staple accessory. Since 1952, Elizabeth II has rarely been seen without her favourite Anello and Davide block heels, a faultless designer hat, and a handbag made by Launer London.

But the Queen's accessories could have a more important purpose.

According to royal experts, if the Queen pops her handbag on the table at dinner, it reportedly means she wants dinner to end within the next five minutes.

If it goes on the floor, rumour has it, she's tired of the conversation and wants to be whisked off quickly by her lady-in-waiting. If only this applied to us all...

If one day you're lucky enough to meet the 91 year-old-monarch yourself and you notice she switches her handbag from one arm to the other, this is another sign you're keeping her too long.

“It would be very worrying if you were talking to the Queen and saw the handbag move from one hand to the other” royal historian Hugo Vickers told People. “It would be done very nicely,” he added, “someone would come along and say, ‘Sir, the Archbishop of Canterbury would very much like to meet you.'”

The Queen is rumoured to own more than 200 Launer London bags. Royale and black patent Traviata is her preferred style because of its long handle means she can easily hook it over her arm as she shakes hands.

But what exactly does the Queen keep in her handbag? A passport? They're issued in her name so she does not need one. A driving license? Same thing. Keys? We highly doubt it. Funnily enough, it's a bit of cash, but only on Sundays.

Back in 2012, it was revealed by royal biographer Sally Bedell Smith that Her Majesty keeps either a £5 or £10 in her bag to donate to the church every Sunday.

Along with the money, several royal insiders and previous ladies-in-waiting have revealed the Queen also keeps lipstick and, according to Clarins, reportedly one of the Queen's favourite brands, the brand's own hand and nail treatment.

Other practicals include Kleenex and a comb to keep that iconic hair in good shape. But according to royal handbag expert, Phil Dampier, there's more to be found in her Maj's bag.

"A collection of good luck charms given to her by her children, including miniature dogs, horses and saddles, clutter up the bag" Dampier writes in What's In The Queen's Handbag: And Other Royal Secrets.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

New blog post, on... scheduling with adult children. Don’t worry, y’all, those adult kids have a lot of work to do, and make their own schedule. They do have lunch, dinner, and bible time with the fam daily. 

They really don’t have much to talk about!

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1

I wonder what Anna and Mary work. They seem to have their own very nice desks with computer equipment. Maybe they help more with their brothers' businesses than we think. Or the pics are fake?

And I'm surprised that they are allowed to schedule their bedtime and wake-up time individually. So much freedom.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 2

The Maxwells have nice everything. They are solidly middle class. I’m sure they do part-time level of work for their brothers, and I’m sure they spreadsheet and Super Seriously Prepare for bible group. They’re diligent mofos. They have to be, because they have nothing else. 

Their freedoms are sad to me. Sure they can pick their bedtime but I doubt they’re going out after family dinner and then bible time. Anna may escape to the music/guest/bug room to read until 10 or 11, but she’s not going out with friends. The “kids’” stubborn assertions that they have all of this choice and freedom is just tragic. I remember when they got really into posting pictures of games, because game night was really a popular thing being talked about (Ticket to Ride era maybe? Catan? Can not recall.) Or when they realized that they can sound all relatable when talking about coffee. There is so little “out there” that they can relate to, so when they find it they just cling so dearly. 

They are the anti-Rods, except the matching hateful beliefs. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

"Scheduling has changed in our household now that our children still at home are all adults. We have some family basics in the schedule such as lunchtime, dinner time, and Bible time after dinner. Those basics are determined by what best fits with the whole family’s needs and work schedules. From there, each person schedules their own days, including bedtime, wake-up time, Bible time, exercise time, and work time."

Although they claim they have the freedom to schedule the majority of their days, I find it funny they are likely just setting the times for things they have been told they WILL do- extra bible time, exercise time.. What if they want to go meet a friend from church for supper?  Does that have to be set up in advance?  Nothing allowed spur of the moment?  

My 18 year old, attending virtual community college from his bedroom, is very routine oriented.  we are actually TRYING to get him to branch out!  He is all about his routine( and video games).  I try to explain if he was living at college he would have more freedom.. we want him to try to experience things, make more connections at work.. Yes, give me a heads up if you are going to go out after work, but you are ALLOWED to go out after work....  I realize he would be a poster child for the Maxwell home...in some ways.. lol

• Upvote 9

I’m feeling sad about shoes just now because the podiatrist told me that I must wear my new orthotics (thank you tendinitis) with everything, and I can’t even go barefoot anymore because it’s bad for your feet, which really limits me. Good thing I’m not going anywhere that I need something other than sneakers, I guess.  Dr also said I could switch the custom insoles to moccasin or bootie style slippers at home but....I don’t like how those styles look! ( I know I’m being ridiculous.) Also i am having a hard time finding those styles with removable insoles, and think I need to go to an actual shoe store to find some. Ugh.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

Wait...Bible time is after supper? I would get so sleepy trying to read and concentrate. There are pastors, nuns, and priests that actually have things fun they do outside of church.

• Upvote 12

Didn’t the Duggars have Bible time just before bed(with the littles often falling asleep before the end)?

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic