IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

45 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

Not one of the bridesmaids had a properly fitting bra.

The bride did, but the princess line seaming on the dress bodice, combined with a high v neckline and heavy necklace made her look rather matronly. A softer more flowing dress would have been so much more flattering

Her bra fit but the dress did not! That just looks horrible around the bust, what was she (and the seamstress) thinking?????

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, hollyandivy said:

Her bra fit but the dress did not! That just looks horrible around the bust, what was she (and the seamstress) thinking?????

I agree. I’m wondering if Covid made them have to skip an extra fitting. The dress would be so pretty if it just fit her properly.

• Upvote 8

Christopher's photography is not just "meh", it is straight up BAD. I'm honestly shocked that anyone would allow him, let alone pay him, to photograph their special day. 

The overexposure and contrast is ghastly. His pictures makes everyone look uglier than they actually are, like when you step into a neon lit bathroom and suddenly see every single blemish on your skin. This photo of Jesse might be the worst I've ever seen. This bridal portrait is awful: the composition, the background, the stance, the weird shadow, the backlight showing all her flyaway hairs.

Sarah has 10x more talent than Christopher and her photos are bland and boring. I think he gets respect somehow for having fancy equipment and a fancy website and owning a penis. But I am calling him out for being the biggest photography fraud ever. I swear I could take better photos with my 4 year-old cell phone.

1558925411_ScreenShot2020-09-25at2_10_18PM.png.3361986b0ec34a8540f81be88ea6fc82.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 2.09.38 PM.png

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

From the blog comments

Val says:

September 25, 2020 at 8:19 am

The pictures are absolutely beautiful!! Congrats to them!
I thought the wedding was the 23rd, not 26th though. The 23rd was a Saturday.

Sarah Maxwell says:

September 25, 2020 at 10:42 am

Yes, you’re right. We can blame it on my not checking the calendar or the fact that my injury has flared back up and I’ve not been feeling well the past few days.

That's a bit rude on both sides! I'm surprised they didn't just delete the coment and change it quietly.

• Upvote 9

Crooked pics really piss me off, it looks like those accidental pics you take on your phone.

ja-wedding-055.jpg

Sarah Maxwell says:

September 25, 2020 at 10:42 am

Yes, you’re right. We can blame it on my not checking the calendar or the fact that my injury has flared back up and I’ve not been feeling well the past few days.

What was her injury?

• Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. I’m wondering if Covid made them have to skip an extra fitting. The dress would be so pretty if it just fit her properly.

I could see the dress being pretty, but that necklace should not go with that lacy neckline on the dress. It's too much clutter in too small a space.

I mean, I know she had to wear a higher neckline so Steve wouldn't cry about her bosom, but that extra lace sticking up was unnecessary, IMO.

17 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Christopher's photography is not just "meh", it is straight up BAD. I'm honestly shocked that anyone would allow him, let alone pay him, to photograph their special day. 

The overexposure and contrast is ghastly. His pictures makes everyone look uglier than they actually are, like when you step into a neon lit bathroom and suddenly see every single blemish on your skin. This photo of Jesse might be the worst I've ever seen. This bridal portrait is awful: the composition, the background, the stance, the weird shadow, the backlight showing all her flyaway hairs.

1558925411_ScreenShot2020-09-25at2_10_18PM.png.3361986b0ec34a8540f81be88ea6fc82.png

Are those the legs of the flash stand for the rim light sticking out on either side of her? Photoshop that crap out, seriously! And weren't there any flower arrangements or candelabras or anything that could be moved to fill some of that space either side of her?

She looks uncomfortable and awkward in that photo, also. Hopefully it was just because it was a "posed" photo. I took my sister's wedding portraits and the best ones I got were the candids in between where she wasn't tyring to pose a certain way.

I hope she is happy and had a wonderful wedding, and maybe photos aren't a big deal to her. I, however, would have taken one look at those and scheduled a re-shoot at a garden somewhere with a better photographer.

• Upvote 14

On 9/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

And even that was probably blacked out a'la "Row row row your boat"...

WHERE ARE THE DAMN WEDDING PHOTOS TERI????

Teri and Steve heard you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

OMG Lydia is 5! Why is she wearing that god awful rubber bib still?!

Oh , those things are a pet peeve of mine as well, I think they are  so gross ! I NEVER used them for my children, I got one as a baby shower gift. I didn't even donate it, I threw it straight in the garbage!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Oh , those things are a pet peeve of mine as well, I think they are  so gross ! I NEVER used them for my children, I got one as a baby shower gift. I didn't even donate it, I threw it straight in the garbage!

My kids hated bibs in general. I didn’t use them all that much when my kids were small. I decided it was just easier for my boys to eat topless and wipe off their chest when I wiped off their face when they were done eating. But Steve would never approve of topless toddler boys. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Seriously, does Sarah not like Anna?  This is one of the worst bridal portraits I have seen.   The bride looks uncomfortable, her dress is ill fitting, and she has this one tendril of hair hanging on the side looking like a an odd sort of Payot.  

ja-wedding-029-684x1024.jpg

In Sarah's defense, she didn't arrange the bride's hair or chose her wedding dress. I suppose a better photographer could have helped her relax a little, but I doubt the Maxwells know anything about how to relax. 

They were married Memorial Day weekend, so the wedding colors seem to be red, white, and a shade of blue. 

• Upvote 14

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids hated bibs in general. I didn’t use them all that much when my kids were small. I decided it was just easier for my boys to eat topless and wipe off their chest when I wiped off their face when they were done eating. But Steve would never approve of topless toddler boys. 

So did mine! I did a LOT of laundry, I should have just stripped them of their shirts, would have made my life so much easier. I don't know why that never occurred to me.

• Upvote 6

Just now, hollyandivy said:

So did mine! I did a LOT of laundry, I should have just stripped them of their shirts, would have made my life so much easier. I don't know why that never occurred to me.

Baby bellies are the cutest. So that was part of the appeal too ;)

• Upvote 8

The wedding pictures are horrid. No emotions displayed. The couple seem to be 20 years older that they really are. I wonder if 3nna is a practical person who does not care about clothes, wedding colours, decorations or pinteresty pictures, so she was fine with whatever dress/decor. But I find difficult to believe she loves that pictures.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

Maybe someone in Joseph's family already had covid-19 or was in self-isolation and they don't want to disclose?  Or maybe it was too much risk for the business to have everyone there?

Joseph and Jesse work together and both live in KC and are going to the same church, they are quite close, I think?

Also, Joseph was in the process of moving judging by the fact he and Elissa just moved. It is possible that he came into contact with someone who may have tested positive for COVID-19 when starting the moving process and wanted to be safe. 

6 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

The wedding pictures are horrid. No emotions displayed. The couple seem to be 20 years older that they really are. I wonder if 3nna is a practical person who does not care about clothes, wedding colours, decorations or pinteresty pictures, so she was fine with whatever dress/decor. But I find difficult to believe she loves that pictures.

Honestly, the more I think about it I wonder if the bride and bridesmaid dresses look horrible because of the photography. There were a few photos that popped up of the wedding before and, while the bridesmaids did look a little baggy, they didn't look half as bad as here. Plus, Anna's dress looked a whole lot better in them. So, I wonder if the dresses look horrid because Christopher is a terrible photographer rather than them being down right awful

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Not everyone can turn on their emotions on on-command. Also it's seems demanding to say we need to see your feelings.  Some people like to keep their feelings private.

As for seeming older, the need to look young, your own age, etc. is sad to me as it's less a desire to see people happy and more demand that they be photogenic with qualities that make it clear how they are old. I grow weary of "she/he/these people need to look younger". 

Most people look at their own wedding photos or wedding photos of family and friends and think "There are some photos of some people I love." or "This brings back good memories." I hope Anna and Jesse feel the same at least. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

Whenever I bought baby and toddler clothes, I would wash them once with no fabric softener then dry them without any softener sheets.   I would take a can of Scotchgard and sprayed the necks, front of the shirt, bottoms of the sleeves, and sleeve cuffs.  Really cut down on staining.   Heck I even do this to my husband's work polo shirts because the man cannot eat anything without getting some on his clothes, he's a slob.   You would be surprised how much dirt and grim you can pick up off of a desk or computer printouts on the sleeves of a long sleeve dress shirt.   Now he works from home and wears sleep pants and a t-shirt.    

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know I talk about this too much but....

OMG Lydia is 5! Why is she wearing that god awful rubber bib 

My 5 year old wears the same one ?. It goes in the dishwasher so we love it. He doesn't know that it is not cool. I rather clean the bib than the floor!

• Upvote 7

46 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Not everyone can turn on their emotions on on-command. Also it's seems demanding to say we need to see your feelings.  Some people like to keep their feelings private.

As for seeming older, the need to look young, your own age, etc. is sad to me as it's less a desire to see people happy and more demand that they be photogenic with qualities that make it clear how they are old. I grow weary of "she/he/these people need to look younger". 

Most people look at their own wedding photos or wedding photos of family and friends and think "There are some photos of some people I love." or "This brings back good memories." I hope Anna and Jesse feel the same at least. 

I meant that the pictures looked cold, not the people. It was a wedding, a supposed joyful day, but the photographers were unable to catch that. 

Regarding Anna and Jesse, I meant they look older in the pictures, comparing to their normal appearances. They look 100 times better in their blog pictures. IMO, as the wedding is not happening again, it's sad they haven't better pictures.

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, wafton said:

My 5 year old wears the same one ?. It goes in the dishwasher so we love it. He doesn't know that it is not cool. I rather clean the bib than the floor!

It’s not the “coolness.” My children hated fabric bibs so I’m positive they would hate a rubber one. But my kids are sensitive to certain clothing. They won’t wear jeans. They only wear pants with a stretchy waist. They hate shirts with collars. They get it from me. That’s likely part of my visceral reaction to that bib. If I had to wear it, I would go crazy. 

• Upvote 10

To me, Chris actually did better than I thought he would. He could definitely be a good candidate for some more photography classes to help him inhance lighting better. Even smartphones have photo shop to correct things. Or maybe it's just his style to have everyone look natural. Did Anna make her dress? Looks a bit old fashioned for her age. But to keep it positive, everyone looked relaxed and happy. I know Christopher had to be very worried. He captured alot of smiles that day. I hope that really helped him.

• Upvote 2

The only good picture is the one casual one.  I wish they had taken one picture of the couple without their glasses.  Frames styles change so much overtime & would be nice to see their faces. 

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

16 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

The only good picture is the one casual one.  I wish they had taken one picture of the couple without their glasses.  Frames styles change so much overtime & would be nice to see their faces. 

Imo that’s quite a petty thing to say. I’ve worn glasses for most of my life and can’t see much without them. If someone told me to take my glasses off for a photo* I would roll my eyes and say no. 

* dmv, medical, etc notwithstanding 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

From the blog comments

That's a bit rude on both sides! I'm surprised they didn't just delete the coment and change it quietly.

Her boobs are "ballooning" upward! The biggest day of her life and this is the best her b-i-l could do? My Grandma did better with a Kodak pocket Instamatic and Flash cube! Poor thing. I feel for her. These are really bad. Even for FREE.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

That depends. Being extremely nearsighted, if I take off my glasses and pose for a picture I get this glassy dazed look in my eyes because I can't focus on a camera I can't see. It's not a matter of "I look wrong without glasses" because I look perfectly fine with contacts in, and I don't look like a zombie.

35 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

These are really bad. Even for FREE.

If I have a bunch of photos from an event, I'll sometimes post a few on my social media because people expect to see them, but I'll keep the best ones close to the vest. Hopefully that's what's happening here - what's been released to the waiting masses is just an appeasement and the cherished ones that are getting framed for their home are the better ones that we aren't seeing.

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic