IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, Hane said:

Or that Chelsy is wearing *pants* and cannot be shown in pictures because Stevehovah’s dick would fall off.

That could be the reason. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, freejugar said:

is this one of the aunts climbing up into the slide? are there  any kids in there? why does Teri look horrified?

To me she looks like she needs sunglasses. Not saying she’s not horrified, but that’s probably my expression when I’m too lazy to go get my sunglasses. 

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, Hane said:

Or that Chelsy is wearing *pants* and cannot be shown in pictures because Stevehovah’s dick would fall off.

That would be hilarious. But if I was in Chelsy’s place, I would make an excuse that the baby and I are tired and need to rest. That way John could go take the toddler to play with his cousins in Maxhell while Chelsy can get to stay home and relax. 

• Upvote 16

8 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Well, they just posted about Labor Day weekend, Anna Marie is back hanging out with the whole fam...

Hide contents

D8128E86-95E8-4A77-ADFC-6A2A72D7DC33.thumb.jpeg.c1211f8b33b62bc4ffdb032b7089a4e4.jpeg

I don't want to be doom/gloom but perhaps treatment isn't going as well as they said and the lady just wants to enjoy her kids as long as she can? I'm not going to snark on that. The Maxwells have too much other crap to snark on! Like those shrouds they make the little girls wear! Good grief.

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 1
  • I Agree 1

44 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I think Chelsy is the one in the blue top upper right:

IMG_4435-768x1024.jpg

In that voluminous long skirt or very wide pants?

• Upvote 2

On 9/19/2020 at 3:39 PM, anniebgood said:

Didn't he go to a convention in Las Vegas for his business. IIRC one of the other guys went with him. He's broken out of some of the sheltering. And Elissa was in 4H and won an award for a submission in a contest. 

I initially read that as Elissa " won an award for submission" and I thought, wow, 4H is pushing gender roles even harder than they were when I was a kid.

There have been a few posts about Anna and Mary just showing up at one of the brothers' homes when they are away and doing a thorough cleaning as a blessing and a surprise. Not to speak for Elissa or anything but if I were her and my in-laws tried that without asking me, I'd want to move a lot farther away than 40 minutes.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:36 PM, SassyPants said:

I pressure washed my oven racks last weekend. They were dirty with baked on food particles. They turned out ok, but likely not Maxwell level clean. LOL

You know how you're not supposed to leave the oven racks in the oven during the self-cleaning cycle? I've been running the self-clean cycle with the racks in place for 20 years now and my racks are fine, TYVM, just not as shiny as they were originally.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

In the third photo in that post, where a bunch of them are sitting around in a big circle (Elissa has her usual proprietary hand on Joe), who is the guy in the plaid shirt and shorts who looks like he's having a very painful gas attack?

• Upvote 1

Does Melanie only own 1 skirt that she wears to all the family stuff? Every picture I've seen of her she's got the jeans skirt on. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

IMG_4435-768x1024.jpg

By process of elimination, I concur. I can account for every other woman's clothes so that has to be Chelsy. @IReallyAmHopewell I'm pretty sure it's a skirt...if she was going to go to the trouble of scandalizing her in-laws with pants, I would think she'd choose a pair that was more comfortable and less of a tent than that.

16 minutes ago, anniebgood said:

Does Melanie only own 1 skirt that she wears to all the family stuff? Every picture I've seen of her she's got the jeans skirt on. 

The fact that we haven't seen her in anything but that skirt for most of the summer is one of the main reasons I've been suspecting pregnancy, but I don't think she looks pregnant in the Labor Day pics (which we know are current, and there's no chance they're hoarded from three months ago because they "couldn't find time" to post them) so...maybe it's just really comfy? Or maybe her family is taking a step back from skirts-only but out of respect for the mothership she skirts up when she visits, and that's the one she reaches for when it's time to go over there 

I can dream, can't I?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

I initially read that as Elissa " won an award for submission" and I thought, wow, 4H is pushing gender roles even harder than they were when I was a kid.

There have been a few posts about Anna and Mary just showing up at one of the brothers' homes when they are away and doing a thorough cleaning as a blessing and a surprise. Not to speak for Elissa or anything but if I were her and my in-laws tried that without asking me, I'd want to move a lot farther away than 40 minutes.

You know how you're not supposed to leave the oven racks in the oven during the self-cleaning cycle? I've been running the self-clean cycle with the racks in place for 20 years now and my racks are fine, TYVM, just not as shiny as they were originally.

Unfortunately, my oven (BlueStar) does not have a self clean mode!

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Considering how hard the high heat of a self clean cycle is on the stove/oven, count yourself lucky! When we finally get our double oven in (and that should be soon as reno starts Wednesday!). I intend to use the self clean cycle as little as possible.

ETA:  @Black Aliss,  I tend to leave my racks in the oven, too.  I may run one last self-clean cycle tomorrow so we can donate the stove to Habitat Homestore.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, freejugar said:

I can't believe the wedding pics are coming. I thought it would be like the pizza cutter tip.

4 months and they might just get the wedding photos up, so speedy. 

Seriously, what is the delay with them? I wonder if they subconsciously blame Anna for two of their beloved good sons/brothers moving away and leaving them and their perfect family where they all love each other and spend time together, so unlike the heathen families they've been told about. 

• Upvote 7

I think the wedding wasn't as social distanced as we thought and they're worried about what their loyal audience will think. 

I was really surprised there weren't more comments on the Joe's moving post. It's sign of success that Joe was able to move and yet only 2 people commented. (Teri replied to them and one replied back.) Either the block isn't that popular or their fans are disappointed that Joe moved away.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

In the third photo in that post, where a bunch of them are sitting around in a big circle (Elissa has her usual proprietary hand on Joe), who is the guy in the plaid shirt and shorts who looks like he's having a very painful gas attack?

I think that’s John.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, SPHASH said:

IMG_4435-768x1024.jpg

Is the woman in the blue striped shirt, conversating with Gigi, showing a knee? Or is that the head of a Little who’s standing nearby? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Is the woman in the blue striped shirt, conversating with Gigi, showing a knee? Or is that the head of a Little who’s standing nearby? 

I think that's Elissa's knee.  Her clothing and makeup have evolved since her marriage.   She rarely appears in the blog, I know, but when she does, it's usually in a knee length vs. long skirt.  Her wedding pictures looked as though she never wore makeup but I think she does a bit now.

Edited by petrushka
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

57 minutes ago, petrushka said:

I think that's Elissa's knee.  Her clothing and makeup have evolved since her marriage.   She rarely appears in the blog, I know, but when she does, it's usually in a knee length vs. long skirt.  Her wedding pictures looked as though she never wore makeup but I think she does a bit now.

I bet she wears pants when she isn’t around the Maxwells. 

• Upvote 13

21 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I don't want to be doom/gloom but perhaps treatment isn't going as well as they said and the lady just wants to enjoy her kids as long as she can? I'm not going to snark on that. The Maxwells have too much other crap to snark on! Like those shrouds they make the little girls wear! Good grief.

WTF? She has 2A breast cancer, a very treatable form of cancer. I'm sure she's fighting to stay alive for her kids too. 

I think it's more likely the treatments are going well and she wants to socialize.  The Maxwells aren't necessarily social-distancing; they're just hiding it better that they're not. They went to Jesse's wedding and immediately came home to hang out with their grandmother, Gigi.  Anna and Mary were in and out of everyone's houses back in March and April. When you invite someone over, you're in contact with everyone they've been in contact with. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 11

21 hours ago, anniebgood said:

Probably she wears it out of practicality. Back in the 80's when I was usually surrounded by a bunch of runny-nosed, sticky-fingered (in the literal sense; they weren't thieves)  tiny savages who treated my clothes as their personal wiping cloth I wore a mid-calf denim skirt a lot. Before that time I also wore a denim skirt a lot, but it was mid-thigh, not mid-calf.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

WTF? She has 2A breast cancer, a very treatable form of cancer. I'm sure she's fighting to stay alive for her kids too. 

Forgive me. I don't have a lot of knowledge on this sort of thing.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I think that’s John.

I don't think so. He's over by GiGi in one of the pictures, in a plaid shirt. I'm pretty sure that's Jesse talking to Steve.

• Upvote 1

Jesse is in black polo shirt

John is in blue plaid shirt

Joe is in maroon shirt

What I want to know is, look at the first photo below the header photo -- the one with Ellie on the play structure.  Then look through the cylinder to the background and see Teri in the dusky pink shirt and blue/white skirt.  Then look to her left -- there is an arm, bare to the shoulder it appears, and the arm is either hugging a child whose head is belly height on the adult, or that person appears to be shirtless!? :jawdrop:

Don't see any other photo showing anyone with that much arm exposed, unless Chelsy's top is actually sleeveless?

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic