IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Yes the oven racks will require regular polishing and all. The free labor is a biggie. One--Sarah--will have to care for Mom and Dad as they age. I just think he has to "give" and marry one of them off or he looks like a fool and a failure. After all, why have daughters if not to marry them off to birth grandchildren? Sarah can be the "useful spinster" [thank you, Lady Edith] but one of the other two, if not both, must be married off to save Steve's parenting guru reputation.

I pressure washed my oven racks last weekend. They were dirty with baked on food particles. They turned out ok, but likely not Maxwell level clean. LOL

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I wonder if the two brothers made some kind of pact where they decided to get out of Dodge at roughly the same time? I wonder if someone from this church they are attending recognized that these two guys came from a very controlling family and started steering them toward normal?

These two run Swift Otter along with Christopher and maybe it does have something to do with the business.  The Swift Otter website does seem to focus on the location.  For example:

We are your Kansas City partner for all things Magento

Kansas City has been our home for over 20 years. We love the people, the landscape, the ambiance and the barbecue.

As Kansas City's local Magento-only agency, we can help you take your Magento website to the next level. We will deliver to you a solution that works.

They clearly think their location is an asset to business.  And if they don't have offices or work from home a lot, Joe probably needed more space. 

(Also I did notice that Joe claims Kansas City has been his home for over 20 years. He's 30. He clearly counts the years he was kid living with Steve and Teri.) 

A few curious things.

None of the guys claim to own Swift Otter. I wonder who does. 

Also they used to have four non-family employees and now there are three. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Yes the oven racks will require regular polishing and all. The free labor is a biggie. One--Sarah--will have to care for Mom and Dad as they age. I just think he has to "give" and marry one of them off or he looks like a fool and a failure. After all, why have daughters if not to marry them off to birth grandchildren? Sarah can be the "useful spinster" [thank you, Lady Edith] but one of the other two, if not both, must be married off to save Steve's parenting guru reputation.

I doubt he'd believe himself a failure if none of his daughters married. If anything, he'd feel a success for them "choosing" to stay home. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

These two run Swift Otter along with Christopher and maybe it does have something to do with the business.  The Swift Otter website does seem to focus on the location.  For example:

They clearly think their location is an asset to business.  And if they don't have offices or work from home a lot, Joe probably needed more space. 

(Also I did notice that Joe claims Kansas City has been his home for over 20 years. He's 30. He clearly counts the years he was kid living with Steve and Teri.) 

A few curious things.

None of the guys claim to own Swift Otter. I wonder who does. 

Also they used to have four non-family employees and now there are three. 

Swift Otter has always been Joe's. That's not in question. 

Also my company,  in business since the 70's is bare bones now, less than 5 people. A sign of the times I suppose. Of course they cut non-family first. That's generally how things go.

Edited by Dru
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

People can change. I’m remaining optimistic for ALL of the Maxkids.  

Me too. Personally I like to think Jessie renting (renting!!!!) In the big city with his wife opened the flood gates. As far as i remember everyone was supportive in the comments. 

That shit would never have been allowed back in the mom's board days.

• Upvote 9

39 minutes ago, Dru said:

Swift Otter has always been Joe's. That's not in question. 

Also my company,  in business since the 70's is bare bones now, less than 5 people. A sign of the times I suppose. Of course they cut non-family first. That's generally how things go.

I'm new here and I would like to know how we know Swift Otter is owned by Joe.  Also why wouldn't the website say that?

As for people working there, maybe I guess I worded that in a confusing way. 3 members of the family work there and there are currently 3 non-family members working there. There used to be 4 non family employees. They are currently hiring and Joe bought new house so clearly the business is doing well. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm new here and I would like to know how we know Swift Otter is owned by Joe.  Also why wouldn't the website say that?

I have worked for a small web startup similar to Swift Otter. I'd be hugely surprised if anyone but Joe owned the company. He has very low overhead considering that he works out of his home.  Startup costs for web based businesses are usually low -- he wouldn't need startup money. He likely just registered the business and worked it up to where it is today.

If it were a publicly traded company, he would be legally required to disclose more information about ownership and revenue. Since he isn't disclosing this information, it's safe to say it's a privately owned company.

At the company I worked for, the President/chief engineer owned it in partnership with his wife, who was a developer.

Edited by zandria
  • Upvote 6

I think that Joe wanted to get away from Steve and Teri and this move doesn't have to do with his business. If he needed a bigger house, he could have found one in Leavenworth. I think it is also telling that he and Jesse go to a different church and not the one Steve has chosen since Steve thinks everyone should do exactly what he does. 

I wonder if his failed courtship maybe put a little seed of doubt in his mind about the way that things should be done. If Elissa did 4H and she isn't a godless heathen but rather spoke positively about the experience. He might have decided that he wants more for his family than the oppressive Steve sanctioned life. I expect he is still quite funding in his beliefs but if he is loosening up a bit then that is great for his family and hopefully his kids have more opportunities than he did.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Well, but would identifying that Bible get them coin from an Amazon link? Hekknaw so why would Teri give info with no expectation of any return? You know, how Jesus was into quid pro quo all the time ... oh, wait... 

I’m intrigued: did the child receive baptism as an infant or at the time of her profession of faith? TIA

I really don't know if the child received infant baptism or not.  This sounds terrible, but I only have the most superficial conversations with him as we don't agree on much of anything.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, zandria said:

I have worked for a small web startup similar to Swift Otter. I'd be hugely surprised if anyone but Joe owned the company. He has very low overhead considering that he works out of his home.  Startup costs for web based businesses are usually low -- he wouldn't need startup money. He likely just registered the business and worked it up to where it is today.

If it were a publicly traded company, he would be legally required to disclose more information about ownership and revenue. Since he isn't disclosing this information, it's safe to say it's a privately owned company.

At the company I worked for, the President/chief engineer owned it in partnership with his wife, who was a developer.

Thank you for the information!

My thought was Steve gave him the money and maybe Steve owns it. A kid with no prior work experience would need to get the money from somewhere. It's not a lot of money unless you have none. We've never heard of any of the Maxwells working in the grocery store, drug store, etc. right? So he got the money from his dad. It seems out of character that Steve would let Joe register the company is his own name unless there are requirements for Magneto-adjacent businesses to be owned by people licensed to work with Magneto.  That may explain a lot about how these guys are getting away from Steve and Teri. 

• Upvote 5

This has always been Joe’s company. It went through some changes, including a name change, but it’s always been Joe’s, not Steve’s. 
Steve was listed as a team member at one point, but it was kind of a nothing customer service type job ( because Steve has such great customer service skills ?)

• Upvote 12

Joe started working in the family businesses (publishing, singing, touring) pretty early. He then was definitely employed by the Maxwell ITOnRamp (or whatever) godly tech support for scaredy-cat Christians business, and while Steve owned that, the boys got a salary for their work: how else could they accumulate the funds to buy houses debt free? Joe took his IT experience and interest in Magneto and used it to start SwiftOtter as a separate company from ITOnRamp; I believe that around the time he was courting, he also was taking some Magneto classes. He wouldn't have needed any money to start: he had his own computer equipment from the other IT stuff he was doing, and that's all he needed to do Magneto work. If he picked up a few Magneto contracts early on, then he could roll the profits from that into growing a clientele and building a business from the ground up. He didn't need any financial investments.

That is all very glorious and a good example for Steve to hold up (homeschooled kid starts own business! Is own boss!) but my question is always, are the girls allowed the same freedom?  Are the girls even paid a salary for all the work they do for SwiftOtter and ITOnRamp? (bookkeeping, tech support, etc.) If one of the girls wanted to take a couple of bookkeeping courses at the local college and parlay that into a home-based bookkeeping business, following the same pattern as Joe, could she do it? I bet not, even though there's a good market for that sort of thing. Do Joe/John/Jesse even see this inequality?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

On 9/16/2020 at 4:01 PM, MaryatHome said:

I wonder if they will take advantage of the services the HOA fees support, specifically the neighborhood pool.  In the listing pics, there's a small facility in the subdivision; the big complex promoted is a city parks department development.

Also, I wonder if they may be considering enrolling the kids in the big Christian school out there...heresy, I know, but there is one that is fairly well regarded within a few miles. 

Maxwell offspring swimming? In a public pool? With heathens?! Surely you jest! ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9

21 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I doubt he'd believe himself a failure if none of his daughters married. If anything, he'd feel a success for them "choosing" to stay home. 

I don't know. The point of a girl is to grow up and procreate. Anna and Mary are still in line to do that. Sarah--pretty late start for their world.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Well, they just posted about Labor Day weekend, Anna Marie is back hanging out with the whole fam...

Hide contents

D8128E86-95E8-4A77-ADFC-6A2A72D7DC33.thumb.jpeg.c1211f8b33b62bc4ffdb032b7089a4e4.jpeg

Stay away from Chelsy and John Anna! 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Well, they just posted about Labor Day weekend, Anna Marie is back hanging out with the whole fam...

Hide contents

D8128E86-95E8-4A77-ADFC-6A2A72D7DC33.thumb.jpeg.c1211f8b33b62bc4ffdb032b7089a4e4.jpeg

At least they are outside and she seems to be distanced from others in the photo. I’m reserving judgment, although it is still worrisome to think that the children may not be so mindful of the need to keep a distance. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Yeah, in the second-to-last photo, it’s more obvious that she’s sitting at a distance from the others. I’m sure the adults reminded the kids to keep their distance. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Joe Pukepail said:

Maxwell offspring swimming? In a public pool? With heathens?! Surely you jest! ?

Non! Uncomprehensible!  Public pools, known sites of cleavage infestations, promote the spread of godless ATHEISM. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Stay away from Chelsy and John Anna! 

I actually can't find Chelsy there at all. Doesn't mean she not of course, because Maxwells, but there are a lot of wide shots. Though the 2nd to last photo is un-clickable to me to expand. If it's not just me, with normal people I would think someone just forgot, but of course I think they're hiding something, because Maxwells.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, RachelDM said:

I actually can't find Chelsy there at all. Doesn't mean she not of course, because Maxwells, but there are a lot of wide shots. Though the 2nd to last photo is un-clickable to me to expand. If it's not just me, with normal people I would think someone just forgot, but of course I think they're hiding something, because Maxwells.

It’s possible only John and AxMax went and Chelsy and Elliot stayed home.

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s possible only John and AxMax went and Chelsy and Elliot stayed home.

Or that Chelsy is wearing *pants* and cannot be shown in pictures because Stevehovah’s dick would fall off.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21

• Coconut Flan locked this topic