IGNORED

Maxwell 42: The Young and the Vestless

Coconut Flan

If you consider buying 2 board books with a line per page during a six-month-long pandemic a "treat" for your children or grandchildren worthy of blogging about, you're going to pretty much ensure that they grow up never reading much more than the back of the cereal box at breakfast.

• Upvote 25
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

If you consider buying 2 board books with a line per page during a six-month-long pandemic a "treat" for your children or grandchildren worthy of blogging about, you're going to pretty much ensure that they grow up never reading much more than the back of the cereal box at breakfast.

And even that was probably blacked out a'la "Row row row your boat"...

WHERE ARE THE DAMN WEDDING PHOTOS TERI????

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@SassyPants,  be glad that your oven is not self-cleaning.  I was reading a thread on Houzz just now about the glass in the oven doors shattering during self-clean.

We had a few panicky moments when the glass in our oven door shattered as my partner was just walking across the kitchen. Of course, the dogs wanted to see what was going on so I had to throw them outside in their dog run. We spent quite a while cleaning up the debris, and I was still finding slivers in odd places weeks later.

Apparently it just happens even if you don't use your self-cleaning cycle much. 

Edited by FiveAcres
grammar
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Aren't Andrew and Benjamin a little old for board books?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Aren't Andrew and Benjamin a little old for board books?

I think Benjamin is fine.  Though borderline.  

He IS adorable.  Looks like a character.  

Edited by jeansonly
  • Upvote 3

I feel like we've already seen half those pictures, if not more. 

Also, that picture of Steve & Teri with Jesse & Anna - from the side. Wasn't Sarah the "photographer"? They weren't looking at her, she was off to the side. I'd take a better positioned shot with my phone. I'm sure Christopher was taking the front angle, but as an assist, shouldn't Sarah have been backing him up rather than taking a mediocre snapshot?

Overall, I am not even remotely impressed with the photography. Not surprising since the Maxwell idea of photography has always been light years away from mine. And I don't even claim the title of photographer. 

No wedding dress hanging in front of a vent. Disappointing. Christopher is slipping. He must have his mind on something else. 

Also, if I were Jesse & Anna, I'd be more than a little pissed that my sister & brother took the pictures, but couldn't find time in their busy schedule to go through them for however many months. Sarah had to do her book and the website before she could get to their pictures. 

Interesting Joseph & family didn't go. He really does seem to be making his own decisions for his family outside the fathership. Also glad to hear Gigi didn't go. Although her being home alone would not have been ideal, she's too high risk to attend a wedding in another state - especially back in May when there weren't mask mandates. I'm glad Joseph & family stayed behind for whatever reason so they were with her. 

• Upvote 18

Yeah. Those pictures. Um. Yeah...it feels mean to make fun of wedding photos but my goodness. Those people can’t possibly be that awkward in real life, right? Some of the photos looked like advertising for a Super Righteous Christian Men movie. Or......something.....they are so very, very weird. I hope they are happier, and less fake, than they appear here.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

22 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Also, if I were Jesse & Anna, I'd be more than a little pissed that my sister & brother took the pictures, but couldn't find time in their busy schedule to go through them for however many months. Sarah had to do her book and the website before she could get to their pictures. 

This.  Seriously what deadlines did Sarah have, she is a self published author.  The only deadline I can think of is getting the final product to the printer.  She doesn't have a job outside of Maxhell, she is not raising her own family, didn't go on what some might call a vacation this summer, it appears Anna and Mary did the bulk of raising Chris and 2nna's kids and she didn't help much.  I don't think the problem is being busy, the problem is (and in Maxhell in general) is laziness.

46 minutes ago, jeansonly said:

And it looks like Abby is now a helper.  Ugh.  

Abby is now a cousin mom.  Free Abby!

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 17

I definitely spot Marlin and Becky Bontrager among the guests, plus Taylor. So we can probably safely assume that all the unmarried kids were there. Not surprising, since Anna is friends with them, I think, but it still means the COVID risk went up exponentially...

• Upvote 10

Well it's been more than two weeks since the wedding and the Maxwell's and Gigi remain well so I'm assuming none of them caught covid or passed it on - maybe that was the real reason for the delay. Who would want to be like the wedding party in Maine that resulted in multiple covid deaths. Better to wait a bit before posting on social media in order to make sure you are not at a super-spreader event. 

Regarding the pictures: pro -everyone seems happy, con: the lighting. Good grief, the lighting could only have been worse if they shone a flashlight under their chin for maximal effect. They also seem to have elected for a super sharp focus mode because everything is really crisp - when a softer focus would have looked taken the edge off the bad lighting. What a difference between these pictures and Alison's.

Finally: Joseph and his family elected not to attend. I know it is a time of a pandemic but....his own brother's wedding. I wonder what is going on with him and the rest of the Maxwell's.

• Upvote 11

The bride's unfortunate crazy eyes, plus that masculine family nose, are not helped by the man glasses. 

And in the praying picture, they all look devout except the other Anna, who looks like she just let a huge fart rip and can't stop laughing about it.  

And also...

shoulder.JPG

Edited by LilMissMetaphor
added pic
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, browngrl said:

Finally: Joseph and his family elected not to attend. I know it is a time of a pandemic but....his own brother's wedding. I wonder what is going on with him and the rest of the Maxwell's.

Maybe someone in Joseph's family already had covid-19 or was in self-isolation and they don't want to disclose?  Or maybe it was too much risk for the business to have everyone there?

Joseph and Jesse work together and both live in KC and are going to the same church, they are quite close, I think?

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

I don't think the problem is being busy, the problem is (and in Maxhell in general) is laziness.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THIS OUT LOUD!  *clutches pearls, sinks onto fainting couch*

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1

I'm having trouble deciding if my favorite photo is the one of Mary staring vapidly into the mirror like she's trapped in it, or the extremely unamused face of the kid (not sure which, I can't tell any of them apart) in the foreground during the Uno game.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 12.20.00 PM.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THIS OUT LOUD!  *clutches pearls, sinks onto fainting couch*

Hey somebody had to, might as well be me!!

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 1

A few thoughts after looking at the wedding pictures:

Mary is quite pretty and given that she is the youngest Maxwell "girl", she has a fighting chance to get off the Maxhell island. Maybe Steve will relent a bit and deem some fundie dude good enough to marry her so his daughters aren't all old maids.  

That wedding dress did the bride no favors.  It made her look weirdly masculine in a way her normal clothes don't.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Lol Sarah got their wedding day wrong on the post. She said Saturday, May 26th. May 26th was a Tuesday, and their wedding was the 23rd. 

It's corrected now.  HI STEVE!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

Not one of the bridesmaids had a properly fitting bra.

The bride did, but the princess line seaming on the dress bodice, combined with a high v neckline and heavy necklace made her look rather matronly. A softer more flowing dress would have been so much more flattering

• Upvote 5

I swear to God my first reaction to see this was "two guys doing man buns". She does NOT look manly-it was just a first reaction.  The photos were predictable and a yawn. Manly stances. image.thumb.png.a6a69ee674cde7a324a35e3ab61df75c.png

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6
  • WTF 1

Seriously, does Sarah not like Anna?  This is one of the worst bridal portraits I have seen.   The bride looks uncomfortable, her dress is ill fitting, and she has this one tendril of hair hanging on the side looking like a an odd sort of Payot.  

ja-wedding-029-684x1024.jpg

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic