IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

11 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Hate to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if JB wasn't working on an arraignment for Johanna, I'm sure she'll be courting in 3 years. ? Got to keep those ratings up so they need a girl to marry. 

I can totally see him doing that, but I somewhat doubt that he would let the Bowers family come too close to his clan. At least not if the cameras are still there. Curtis Bowers is just too batshit crazy and that put JB's brand even more in danger than it is already. 

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the Bowers family have pretty distinct eyes. It’s funny because there are a few fundie families with distinct eyes. The Rods, Wissmanns, Seewalds, and the Bowerses too. 

And the Maxwells, leading to Axton, the baby with the most intense eyes ever.

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can totally see him doing that, but I somewhat doubt that he would let the Bowers family come too close to his clan. At least not if the cameras are still there. Curtis Bowers is just too batshit crazy and that put JB's brand even more in danger than it is already. 

Curtis is nuttier than a squirrel larder, but he’s actually surprisingly accepted in relatively mainstream far right circles, which I guess shows just how crazy the right has gone.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, lilith said:

Curtis is nuttier than a squirrel larder, but he’s actually surprisingly accepted in relatively mainstream far right circles, which I guess shows just how crazy the right has gone.

I wasn't aware of this. That is terrifying.

• Upvote 7

There's a video on the Bowers family youtube channel of a panel discussion about faith and large families from August 2019 featuring JB and Jed (Jason? not sure) Duggar, Curtis and Charlie Bowers, and Paul Caldwell and a Caldwell son. Curtis is off his rocker, but he's not as much of an outlier as we'd hope. Think of the all the churches/religious conferences that invite him to speak, and all the people who buy Agenda DVDs. The Bowers family has met with Roy Moore, Dinesh D'Souza, and many well-known right-wing pastors, just to name a few.

The Duggars don't have anything to lose by associating with him. The non-fundie audience for Counting On doesn't watch or avoid it based on the Duggars' political beliefs; it's a fluffy reality show. To the vast majority of people, they're that wacky family who had fifty kids or something like that. Oh look, they're all grown up and having lots of weddings and babies. I'll watch it while I fold laundry or scroll through Instagram. Americans watch shows about vapid people all over the political map, from the Duggars to the Kardashians, with Real Housewives scattered hither and thither in between. 

And the fundies they know agree with 99% of what Curtis believes anyway. Curtis Bowers is a non-issue for the Duggars.

• Upvote 18

The Bontragers have posted some pictures about the week leading up to the wedding. I wonder if they rehearsed the hate speech in the ceremony ahead of time, or if they wanted to surprise Allison by ruining her wedding?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8

Someone commented this on Allison's blog: 

"I was able to watch your wedding on Saturday. I’m so sorry your father, Jeremiah’s father, and pastor had to make such hateful sermons. It was horrible and the things they talked about had no place in your wedding. You are going to have only one wedding in your lifetime and those three ruined it for you."

Interesting that Allison didn't delete it. 

• Upvote 25
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ElizaB said:

Someone commented this on Allison's blog: 

"I was able to watch your wedding on Saturday. I’m so sorry your father, Jeremiah’s father, and pastor had to make such hateful sermons. It was horrible and the things they talked about had no place in your wedding. You are going to have only one wedding in your lifetime and those three ruined it for you."

Interesting that Allison didn't delete it. 

In the past, the Bontragers have responded to comments like these posted publicly like in their How to Raise a Rebel post and Chelsy has responded to criticism on her page under a few comments about their families beliefs. Not to mention the criticism the family got as a whole over their anti-semitic Christmas play at church a few years ago. So, I will be interested in seeing how Allison responds, whether she deletes or writes back. 

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, Florita said:

Susanna Helferich's Facebook status has been changed to "In a Relationship".

Then I bet it is Susannah and not Praise. 

I *think* Susannah is the one with braces and Praise is braceless. I think that’s the best way to tell them apart because they look a lot alike. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Then I bet it is Susannah and not Praise. 

I *think* Susannah is the one with braces and Praise is braceless. I think that’s the best way to tell them apart because they look a lot alike. 

A quick glance at this post and I thought it said "Praise is braless".

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, petrushka said:

A quick glance at this post and I thought it said "Praise is braless".

It wouldn’t surprise me if they wore corsets, drawers and petticoats.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lilith said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they wore corsets, drawers and petticoats.

The best way to be modest is to lock everything in place so tight you pass out. 

• Upvote 4

Susanna's relationship status was "in a relationship" since at least the wedding stream when I tried to creep on the family. I do think that since the Bontragers said, "Denver is PRAISING the Lord for a young lady in Minnesota" it could mean Praise  but perhaps I'm just punnier than they are.

Susanna could also be in a relationship with someone else entirely. 

DuggarData analyzed this here: https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/627107179931058176/apparently-denver-bontrager-is-in-a-relationship

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Susanna's relationship status was "in a relationship" since at least the wedding stream when I tried to creep on the family. I do think that since the Bontragers said, "Denver is PRAISING the Lord for a young lady in Minnesota" it could mean Praise  but perhaps I'm just punnier than they are.

Susanna could also be in a relationship with someone else entirely. 

DuggarData analyzed this here: https://duggardata.tumblr.com/post/627107179931058176/apparently-denver-bontrager-is-in-a-relationship

Ugh I wish they would just hurry up and get engaged so they can officially announce. Of all the fundie guys, I would say a Bontrager would be the most likely to marry a woman 5 years older. The Bontrager boys start working young. I think they are probably feeling like full grown adults by 16. I wouldn’t be surprised if Denver felt older than 20.5 and wouldn’t mind having a wife 5 years older. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ugh I wish they would just hurry up and get engaged so they can officially announce. Of all the fundie guys, I would say a Bontrager would be the most likely to marry a woman 5 years older. The Bontrager boys start working young. I think they are probably feeling like full grown adults by 16. I wouldn’t be surprised if Denver felt older than 20.5 and wouldn’t mind having a wife 5 years older. 

Joshua Bontrager thinks he’s got the wisdom of an elder that he simply must share with the needy world.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Someone in the duggardata comments mentioned that the Kingery‘s (one of their daughter is married to Matthias Wissmann) are also from Minnesota and have a daughter who is 22. It could be her.

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Someone in the duggardata comments mentioned that the Kingery‘s (one of their daughter is married to Matthias Wissmann) are also from Minnesota and have a daughter who is 22. It could be her.

The Kingerys are the only other ones I could think of in Minnesota. And they do know the Bontragers because they have played at the same festivals before. However I will say that I haven’t seen any pictures posted of the two families together in the last few months. They could be flying under the radar. But my money is still on one of the Helferich girls. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Smash! said:

Except Denver and the bridesmaid he was with in Allison's wedding picture looked chummy enough to be married in fundie terms. This picture is not platonic; that's at the very least best friends in denial, in the regular world. And going by the braces/not braces designation, that's Praise.

Personally I think one of the weird things about age gaps is that it's both the actual age gap + the age gap appearance matters. If both people look about the same age (and are 18+ and consenting) even if there is an age gap one way or the other, it's a lot less weird.

Plus in terms of Praise being four years older... We know that she's inevitably stunted maturity-wise because fundie gonna fundie, so it's probably a good match.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Denver and Praise are both really good looking and could make for a fundie poster couple. 

Denver seems a bit on the quieter side for a Bontrager. I guess he kind of reminds me of Carson in that way. I think they speak in public when they have to but I doubt they want to talk endlessly like Joshua or Marlin. Which is a good thing in my opinion. The less Bontrager men going on and on with their nonsense the better.

• Upvote 9

Allison has removed the comment from her blog about her father ruining her wedding.

I'm pretty surprised by the total silence we've gotten from her. I imagine it's been quite a shock to suddenly be in another state without any real support system. And to discover that no matter how great your new husband is, he's still just a person who can never live up to what you have idealized your entire life. I hope she's happy, although I have no idea what she must be doing with all the time she now has to herself. Other than putting up new items and decorating her new home, she has literally nothing to do all day but make dinner for her prince charming. I just can't imagine that marriage will be anything but a letdown for her, especially with the omen of her hateful ceremony.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Allison might become besties with her new sisters-in-love *gag* our of necessity. She’s a social person and likely needs more interaction than just Jeremiah. Hopefully there’s a decent church community and she can make some new friends. 

• Upvote 9

On 8/29/2020 at 3:29 PM, SisterCupcake said:

According to the New York Times, there’s an uptick in Covid-19 cases in Marion County, Iowa. I wonder how many will be linked to Alison’s wedding??

Ooooh, now this is some tea.

Rufus bless the one woman wearing a mask.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic