IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

24 minutes ago, Fluffles said:

Does anyone know who Chelsea was courting before John? Kudos to her for having the courage to break the relationship off. 

Actually I should have worded it differently. I believe she said the relationship ended so I don’t think she said who broke up with who. And she never said who it was. It’s anyones best guess.

• Upvote 5

Denver is likely the next to get married. If he does marry Praise, will it just be a rerun of this wedding? Will the fathers go on and on about things that have nothing to do with the wedding couple? My guess is yes. 

The Denver-Praise relationship is just speculation at this point. To be fair, it could be another girl from Minnesota.
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Smash! said:

The Denver-Praise relationship is just speculation at this point. To be fair, it could be another girl from Minnesota.

True, but odds are it’s Praise. The Bontragers have form for arranging multiple marriages within families and I think Allison’s marriage was at least semi arranged.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Are we 100% sure that's Praise he's pictured with? I had just assumed that was the case, since that what other people were saying, but Duggar Data found their birthdays and Praise was born on Jan 5, 1995 while Susanna was born on Dec 25, 1997. That would be almost 5 years between Denver and Praise. I just have a hard time telling which one of them is which from photos.

Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 9

9 hours ago, Smash! said:

Yes, that’s why I said “if” not when he marries Praise. I know it isn’t confirmed.

7 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Are we 100% sure that's Praise he's pictured with? I had just assumed that was the case, since that what other people were saying, but Duggar Data found their birthdays and Praise was born on Jan 5, 1995 while Susanna was born on Dec 25, 1997. That would be almost 5 years between Denver and Praise. I just have a hard time telling which one of them is which from photos.

True. They do look alike. I think they have different smiles but other than that, they look a lot alike. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/21/2020 at 4:11 AM, usedbicycle said:

I know this is a snark site but geez, that's a mean thing to say. I think it's just... how they look?

Yeah I thought so too. I don’t have much of a philtrum either and neither does my brother, mom or dad. I think it’s just a genetic thing sometimes that doesn’t relate to cleft palates, alcoholism or inbreeding because I definitely don’t have any of that in my immediate family. My fiancé on the other hand has two former alcoholic parents and a very defined philtrum, so I’m guessing it’s just genetics. 

• Upvote 5

On 8/21/2020 at 6:28 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Denver is likely the next to get married. If he does marry Praise, will it just be a rerun of this wedding? Will the fathers go on and on about things that have nothing to do with the wedding couple? My guess is yes. 

I agree, I have a feeling that later this year or sometime next year there will be an engagement announcement for Denver whether it is Praise or not. Also, the way the Bontragers talked about Liz working hard to finish high school before she turns eighteen tells me that there is a special guy in her life. They mentioned it in her bio on their website, but I am not sure if it is still there.

19 hours ago, llg1234 said:

If Denver and Praise are in a relationship, then I assume the fathers will force that union to happen. I can see the awkwardness already with Allison and Jeremiah at family gatherings if that relationship fails miserably. It really must suck having your family pick out your spouse for you once you realize that you don't want to be with them for the rest of your life. 

• Upvote 7

What an awful picture. Curtis Bowers, JB, and Cooper Dauer. Cooper creeps me out for some reason. And I just can’t stand JB and Curtis. I bet Curtis is hoping for a courtship between one of his boys and one of the younger Duggar girls. 

A3FC664F-8306-4376-9046-304D92780420.jpeg

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What an awful picture. Curtis Bowers, JB, and Cooper Dauer. Cooper creeps me out for some reason. And I just can’t stand JB and Curtis. I bet Curtis is hoping for a courtship between one of his boys and one of the younger Duggar girls. 

It weirds me out that Hannie has been dressing as a “modern modest” teen for years but Jennie still wears little girl dresses.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, lilith said:

It weirds me out that Hannie has been dressing as a “modern modest” teen for years but Jennie still wears little girl dresses.

I will say that Hannie was always considered a “tomboy” while Jenny wasn’t. Hannie wears a lot of t shirts and comfy skirts. I think if they weren’t fundie, Hannie would be in jeans, t shirts, and sneakers all the time. 

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, lilith said:

I think this just shows they have different interests and some choice in what they wear. My oldest daughter was always trying to dress as old as she could get away with while my younger wasn't near as interested in this. Each are unique individuals with their own taste. Yes, it is restricted taste in their world- but still some choice. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, lilith said:

That dress Jenny is wearing must be a favorite of hers since she's pictured in it and similar ones pretty often. 

ETA: couldn’t find another pic of Jenny in that dress but did find one of Kenzie and Jordyn wearing it.

9DABAFCA-C7C7-4F44-93EC-A32E8B3CB86C.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 4

On break. Working 3rd shift. Just saw an article saying JB is a multi millionaire. Probably enough money to buy each kid a house. It's the least he can do since all of them helped him make the money in the first place. A Bower and Duggar match is a strong possibility. Very similar backgrounds. I'm guessing JB will be extra careful with the last few girls left. Doubt he's interested in another Jeremy or Derick type.

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, lilith said:

They are in a complicated age. Some are very childish, while others are very mature at the same age. But maybe it's just a matter of taste, feeling Jennie pretty and comfy in her dresses.

Jordyn seemed the most miserable and lost when she was little, but lately it's Jennie who looks like that. Maybe I'm reading too much in the pictures, but I see a deep sadness on her. I really feel for Jennie.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

On break. Working 3rd shift. Just saw an article saying JB is a multi millionaire. Probably enough money to buy each kid a house. It's the least he can do since all of them helped him make the money in the first place. A Bower and Duggar match is a strong possibility. Very similar backgrounds. I'm guessing JB will be extra careful with the last few girls left. Doubt he's interested in another Jeremy or Derick type.

It makes me sick that he sits on top of all that money he made off of his children. What do they get? Squat. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Hannie in the Duggar Studios tshirt reminds me I need to settle in for an afternoon marathon of wholesome Duggar-produced videos.

What's that? Duggar Studios was never anything more than tshirts?  My bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Hannie in the Duggar Studios tshirt reminds me I need to settle in for an afternoon marathon of wholesome Duggar-produced videos.

What's that? Duggar Studios was never anything more than tshirts?  My bad.

The boys who set up Duggar Studios never produced anything but tshirts but their sisters produce a lot of YouTube content and, in Jinger’s case, a podcast, without the need for tshirts.

• Upvote 5

I swear the females do more of the work than the males in that family. But I guess that’s pretty typical for fundie families.

• Upvote 15

That dress must be a fundy family favorite. JRod's daughter Tessie was also sporting it recently. (Apologies for forcing you to scroll past JRod and husband kissing. Tessie is in the second picture.)

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

On 8/22/2020 at 6:01 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry I am totally unaware of who these people are....This is my first time venturing outside of the Duggar’s. Can someone give me a summary? Is it possible one of the older boys is there to date Jana? I’m going to read through this thread some but would very much appreciate a run down!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Ever said:

Sorry I am totally unaware of who these people are....This is my first time venturing outside of the Duggar’s. Can someone give me a summary? Is it possible one of the older boys is there to date Jana? I’m going to read through this thread some but would very much appreciate a run down!

The dark haired guy is Cooper Dauer. The Dauers have known the Duggars for awhile and Cooper seems annoying to me. I don’t think he would ever get together with Jana. He’s younger than her and seems immature. 

The other family in the picture is the Bowers family. Their oldest two daughters married two Bontrager brothers in a double wedding a few years ago. They have 6 boys in a row after their first two daughters. Then their youngest is a girl. They all have C names. The Bowers boys are all quite a bit younger than Jana. Therefore I don’t see the oldest ever courting Jana. Their oldest Charlie is around 22 maybe. There are a lot of Bowers boys around the right age for the youngest Duggar girls. That’s why I was thinking there could be a match up some time in the future. Curtis Bowers is a conservative fundie conspiracy theorist. He’s a nut. I can’t believe so many fundies associate with this wacko. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The dark haired guy is Cooper Dauer. The Dauers have known the Duggars for awhile and Cooper seems annoying to me. I don’t think he would ever get together with Jana. He’s younger than her and seems immature. 

The other family in the picture is the Bowers family. Their oldest two daughters married two Bontrager brothers in a double wedding a few years ago. They have 6 boys in a row after their first two daughters. Then their youngest is a girl. They all have C names. The Bowers boys are all quite a bit younger than Jana. Therefore I don’t see the oldest ever courting Jana. Their oldest Charlie is around 22 maybe. There are a lot of Bowers boys around the right age for the youngest Duggar girls. That’s why I was thinking there could be a match up some time in the future. Curtis Bowers is a conservative fundie conspiracy theorist. He’s a nut. I can’t believe so many fundies associate with this wacko. 

Thank you!! 
I am not one to really criticize people for their appearance but this family and the Rodriguez’s all have a strange, and similar, look. Tiny bit alienish lol 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Ever said:

Thank you!! 
I am not one to really criticize people for their appearance but this family and the Rodriguez’s all have a strange, and similar, look. Tiny bit alienish lol 

I think the Bowers family have pretty distinct eyes. It’s funny because there are a few fundie families with distinct eyes. The Rods, Wissmanns, Seewalds, and the Bowerses too. 

• Upvote 5

I dive in & out of the Bontrager's but I keep forgetting they are here in IA, I'm just surprised they aren't in the land of the stunning Steve King (soon to be EX congressional member from Iowa). As awful as they are they are in the most liberal part of the state. 

Hate to say this but I wouldn't be surprised if JB wasn't working on an arraignment for Johanna, I'm sure she'll be courting in 3 years. ? Got to keep those ratings up so they need a girl to marry. 

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic