IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

I'm going to suggest some thread titles for the next thread. 

Bontragers/Bowers7:

Praising the Lord for all the Matchmaking

Donuts, Courtships, and Family Camp during the Pandemic

Marlin Needs Another Wedding Where He Can Bitch About Politics

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

Are Chelsy and Allison's weddings available for viewing anywhere? I know the shit show of the double wedding and then Mitchell's wedding the next day are on YouTube.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm going to suggest some thread titles for the next thread. 

Bontragers/Bowers7:

Praising the Lord for all the Matchmaking

Donuts, Courtships, and Family Camp during the Pandemic

Marlin Needs Another Wedding Where He Can Bitch About Politics

Depending on the outcome of the Denver/Praise speculation, the title could be: 

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs: Shrinking the fundie gene pool 2 siblings at a time. (Or would that be 4 siblings at a time - 2 from each family married to 2 from the other family? I'm not sure how that would be said).

Hmmmm. I don't know much about the younger Bowers spawn and nothing about the Helferich brood, but are any of them an age match to any Helferich/Bowers match? Or, two? THAT would be one hell of a cherry on top! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Depending on the outcome of the Denver/Praise speculation, the title could be: 

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferichs: Shrinking the fundie gene pool 2 siblings at a time. (Or would that be 4 siblings at a time - 2 from each family married to 2 from the other family? I'm not sure how that would be said).

Hmmmm. I don't know much about the younger Bowers spawn and nothing about the Helferich brood, but are any of them an age match to any Helferich/Bowers match? Or, two? THAT would be one hell of a cherry on top! 

There are 6 Bowers boys in a row and then the youngest is a girl (Crosby Virginia). Liz and Rebs could end up with a Bowers boy. Hudson  is a tad old for Crosby but that’s never stopped a fundie guy before *eyeroll*

• Upvote 5

I just noticed that two of Jeremiah Helferich’s sisters are married to brothers. Therefore when Praise and Denver get married, both families will have two pairs of siblings who married siblings. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just noticed that two of Jeremiah Helferich’s sisters are married to brothers. Therefore when Praise and Denver get married, both families will have two pairs of siblings who married siblings. 

So he has four sisters? 

1 minute ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So he has four sisters? 

I think so. He also has quite a few brothers. He comes from a big family. He has one sister left who isn’t married. She has braces. If Lincoln Taylor follows Denver and Allison’s footsteps, there could be three Bonferich’s. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So he has four sisters? 

This is a pic from the wedding of the Helferich. Family. Honestly don’t now which ones are siblings and which are in-laws 

Spoiler

F1645995-9651-4926-9D60-DCFB7669924C.thumb.jpeg.c6b534d788c2f8c5ef757551cfb22494.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think so. He also has quite a few brothers. He comes from a big family. He has one sister left who isn’t married. She has braces. If Lincoln Taylor follows Denver and Allison’s footsteps, there could be three Bonferich’s. 

He has two sisters that aren't married. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

And aren't known to be courting anyone, because Praise isn't married but is seemingly betrothed to Denver.

Susannah and Carver Bowers. Shipping so hard because I need all three to be intermarried, plus Susannah and Carver would be ADORABLE together. 

I'll add in another thread title suggestion: Bontragers and Bowers and Helfericheses: Wed and Circuses. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yes, I should have included Praise. But that girl is as good as married. I should have said he only has one single sister. Since Praise is obviously in a courtship. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, becky_m2001 said:

Can anyone identify the baby Bontragers in their latest IG post? I can't tell one baby from another! LOL

I think it’s Elliot, John and Chelsy’s youngest. He kind of looks like his brother. 

• Upvote 1

Allison was a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding. The wedding pictures show a big, gorgeous, expensive wedding. The bride obviously has taste and her parents obviously have the money to pay for it. Allison played the violin as she walked down the aisle. Which was nice. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

It did look like a beautiful wedding. The bride and groom will have many lovely photos to look at to comfort them should a loved one (or one of their contacts) dies. The photos will make a nice collage at the funeral.

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, browngrl said:

It did look like a beautiful wedding. The bride and groom will have many lovely photos to look at to comfort them should a loved one (or one of their contacts) dies. The photos will make a nice collage at the funeral.

Although the reception was outdoors, the wedding was indoors. Too bad they didn’t do the ceremony outdoors too to be safer. Churches are such easy ways to spread covid around. 

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison played the violin as she walked down the aisle. Which was nice. 

Yikes. No.  ?
Editing to clarify: The violin is not a marching instrument, and while I am positive that Allison‘s violin is not super valuable, it is still fragile and the risk of tripping and falling on it is not zero. But that is not my main objection. It’s just a super tacky thing to do, and a bizarre way to get a lot of attention drawn to oneself. 

I was a bridesmaid for both of my sisters and I played in their weddings, but I didn’t do it at the same time. I processed in as a bridesmaid, and when it was time for me to play, I set the bouquet down on the front pew and picked up my violin which was already ready there, played my solo, set the violin back down, and got back in line.

apologies if I misunderstood the description. 

Edited by VVV
Elaborating
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, VVV said:

Yikes. No.  ?
Editing to clarify: The violin is not a marching instrument, and while I am positive that Allison‘s violin is not super valuable, it is still fragile and the risk of tripping and falling on it is not zero. But that is not my main objection. It’s just a super tacky thing to do, and a bizarre way to get a lot of attention drawn to oneself. 

I was a bridesmaid for both of my sisters and I played in their weddings, but I didn’t do it at the same time. I processed in as a bridesmaid, and when it was time for me to play, I set the bouquet down on the front pew and picked up my violin which was already ready there, played my solo, set the violin back down, and got back in line.

apologies if I misunderstood the description. 

No, it’s what you think it is. It just seemed different than the boring walk down the aisle. I hated walking down the aisle just walking and smiling while people stared. Bleh. I probably would have preferred to play something to take the attention off of me and onto the instrument. It’s a weird thing about me. I hate people staring at me just being me. But I never really minded people staring at me on stage acting in a play. Or playing an instrument. But I wasn’t good in the marching band in jr high so maybe I would hate it nowadays. I’m not sure. 

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic