• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
nelliebelle1197

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

usedbicycle

Here are a few ideas off the top of my head to help the Bontragers fight the breakdown of the family:

• Foster children
  • Adopt children who have slim chances of finding a family (children over the age of 10 or with a disability)
  • Advocate for foster care reform to redirect funds towards parents living in poverty who are at risk of losing their children
  • Lobby your State for prison reform, especially against the incarceration of parents on non-violent charges (e.g. marijuana)
  • Stand in solidarity against systematic racism that unfairly prevents Black men and women from gaining stable employment with benefits, thus providing for a family and accessing private property. As an employer, make sure your employees are racially representative of the city you live in. Support Black businesses. 
  • Donate to college funds for single mothers, allowing them to rise out of poverty and raise children in dignity
  • Denounce the separation of asylum-seeking families at the border 
  • Support Planned Parenthood to give women the right to choose when they feel ready to raise a child in the best possible conditions.

I would literally eat my fist if they did any one of these. 

JermajestyDuggar
26 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Here are a few ideas off the top of my head to help the Bontragers fight the breakdown of the family:

• Foster children
  • Adopt children who have slim chances of finding a family (children over the age of 10 or with a disability)
  • Advocate for foster care reform to redirect funds towards parents living in poverty who are at risk of losing their children
  • Lobby your State for prison reform, especially against the incarceration of parents on non-violent charges (e.g. marijuana)
  • Stand in solidarity against systematic racism that unfairly prevents Black men and women from gaining stable employment with benefits, thus providing for a family and accessing private property. As an employer, make sure your employees are racially representative of the city you live in. Support Black businesses. 
  • Donate to college funds for single mothers, allowing them to rise out of poverty and raise children in dignity
  • Denounce the separation of asylum-seeking families at the border 
  • Support Planned Parenthood to give women the right to choose when they feel ready to raise a child in the best possible conditions.

I would literally eat my fist if they did any one of these. 

I’m actually very glad they aren’t fostering or adopting any children. Boy would that be hell for those kids.

EmiSue
23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m actually very glad they aren’t fostering or adopting any children. Boy would that be hell for those kids.

Fundies make horrible foster parents. They don't understand trauma and can't or choose not to meet people where they are. When our foster licensor learned we were Christian, I could tell her line of questioning was trying to root out if we were fundie and expecting young kids of various backgrounds and traumas to immediately fall into a very narrow line. We never did, but the danger is all too real. None of the families we discuss should be in charge of such vulnerable kids. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

Jasmar

My best Christian friend (from when I was evangelical) has told me several times about her sister and BIL as they tried to adopt from fostering. They were denied because they refused not to spank. Just…

NancyDrewFan1989

Just finished watching the wedding replay. So many thoughts on Marlin Bontrager right now. Just can't get over the fact he basically blames everything wrong with the world due to the traditional biblical home falling apart. I found his sermon very disturbing.

Plus, I am not sure if this was discussed in the last thread. But, the second part of the sermon I was very disturbed by Marlin having Hudson come on stage with him. Openly stating Hudson has been praying for a wife since the age of two. First off, I highly doubt Hudson knew what he was praying for when when he was two. Second off, is Marlin trying to marry off all of his children ASAP? 

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

JermajestyDuggar
8 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Just finished watching the wedding replay. So many thoughts on Marlin Bontrager right now. Just can't get over the fact he basically blames everything wrong with the world due to the traditional biblical home falling apart. I found his sermon very disturbing.

Plus, I am not sure if this was discussed in the last thread. But, the second part of the sermon I was very disturbed by Marlin having Hudson come on stage with him. Openly stating Hudson has been praying for a wife since the age of two. First off, I highly doubt Hudson knew what he was praying for when when he was two. Second off, is Marlin trying to marry off all of his children ASAP? 

He’s done that to Hudson before. He called him up at Chelsy’s wedding too. Hudson is always praying for a godly little wife. Barf. He should be praying for his piece of garbage father. 

• Upvote 16
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

NancyDrewFan1989
On 8/16/2020 at 11:50 AM, HereticHick said:

That wedding ceremony was so lacking in JOY.  Do the Dads get to do more rambling speeches at the reception as well?  I am so used to reception remarks about how happy each family is to be gaining a daughter/son; how wonderful it is that the couple found each other; how they compliment each other; how the bride(s) looks beautiful, etc.  Dad Helferich talked as if he barely knew his son, much less his new daughter-in-law.

If Denver & Praise get hitched we can call them Prenver. Or Daze.

During Marlin's sermon I got the feeling that Allison wanted to grab the microphone and tell her father to shut up. She looked bored and frustrated the more he rambled on. Can't really blame her for being bored. I get the feeling she (and everyone else up there) was ready for the ceremony to be over with after her father in law gave his sermon. Can't really blame them. When they got to the vows she and Jeremiah perked up like they were saying finally we can get married, go eat, and get out of here. I can't imagine what it was like having to stand there and listen. I don't think the sermons at all the other Bontrager wedding's were this long.

NancyDrewFan1989
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He’s done that to Hudson before. He called him up at Chelsy’s wedding too. Hudson is always praying for a godly little wife. Barf. He should be praying for his piece of garbage father. 

Yeah I know. At the rate Marlin is going with Hudson's wifely prayers he is going to be married right after he turns 18. Every time Marlin has done this it reminds me of the premieres of The Bachelor/Bachelorette where the lead is meeting the contestants for the first time. Except there are no limos and champagne and Hudson has to a wait to meet the eligible Christian women after the ceremony. 

lilith
10 hours ago, byzant said:

What a weird grey dull wedding.  Very few decorations. Boring teeshirt dress_ is allison the same age as anna dugger_ because if so maybe she looked at the teeshirt dress trend and planned wedding in her head before there were nice modest options? Also very stripey highlights ! 

Flowers beautiful but why no flowers decorations  just two office palms at the alter.

Speeches  awful and joyless as everyones already said.  Forced marriage and sodomy ! 

Also corvid central. 

I hope the reception looked like Pinterest had exploded all over it, or all the plans and dreams of Allison’s single season of life have been wasted. That girl has been planning her wedding since she was a child, has been the bridesmaid at at least half a dozen weddings, done hair, makeup or photography for many more and attended even more weddings on top of that. The ceremony we saw cannot be the sum of all her hopes and dreams.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can you imagine the sermon at his wedding when he finally finds his Godly Little Wife? And the pressure upon her to live up to his decades of prayers? 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

JermajestyDuggar

I just remembered something. Allison was a vocalist at Sarah Mally’s Wedding a few months ago. Sarah Mally’s dad gave a horrible speech too. He would not stop talking about how old she was and how long she had to wait for a man to come along. Allison must be used to these windbag patriarchs blathering on and on at weddings. 

GuineaPigCourtship

Wow, I feel like if my brother (the officiant at my wedding) had dared to comment on my age/weight/etc my husband would have taken his mic and/or decked him.  He's not a violent person at all, but he would not have stood for anyone giving offense to me especially at our wedding in front of all our close family and friends.  Poor Sarah Mally.  And while we're at it, Poor Allison.  Shame on those narcissistic fathers for refusing to give their children ONE SINGLE DAY EVER where they can shine.

NancyDrewFan1989
2 hours ago, lilith said:

Can you imagine the sermon at his wedding when he finally finds his Godly Little Wife? And the pressure upon her to live up to his decades of prayers? 

Yikes, now I feel really bad for Hudson. His wedding ceremony is going to be Marlin over exaggerating the fact he started praying at two. At the rate Marlin is going with Hudson it wouldn't surprise me if someone came up with a drinking game when it comes down to Marlin's sermon. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just remembered something. Allison was a vocalist at Sarah Mally’s Wedding a few months ago. Sarah Mally’s dad gave a horrible speech too. He would not stop talking about how old she was and how long she had to wait for a man to come along. Allison must be used to these windbag patriarchs blathering on and on at weddings. 

Well she was raised by one. Most of the weddings she has attended a windbag patriarch gives a speech. Chelsy's FIL is a hypocritical windbag patriarch. So, Allison probably thinks that it is normal to have a windbag patriarch, even if they make you bored out of your mind at a wedding.

lilith
15 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Yikes, now I feel really bad for Hudson. His wedding ceremony is going to be Marlin over exaggerating the fact he started praying at two. At the rate Marlin is going with Hudson it wouldn't surprise me if someone came up with a drinking game when it comes down to Marlin's sermon. 

Well she was raised by one. Most of the weddings she has attended a windbag patriarch gives a speech. Chelsy's FIL is a hypocritical windbag patriarch. So, Allison probably thinks that it is normal to have a windbag patriarch, even if they make you bored out of your mind at a wedding.

She’s also attended multiple Bates and Duggar weddings though, and they don’t tend to feature long political rants from the fathers of the brides. 

fundiefan
14 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Yeah, look at the in-laws/men in her life / who she has experience with. Her father. Curtis Bowers. Steve Maxwell. Her brother Joshua, the most arrogant little twit to exist. Her brother Mitchell who tried to take on Ellen Page but just made her shut down because you cannot argue with ignorance. The family thinks Roy Moore is the bomb. Now, her father in law.

Basically, she was raised by arrogant windbags and is surrounded by them on all sides. It's not like she knows any different. 

Cults-r-us

Maybe Hudson can marry a man. That would shut them up.

lilith
18 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Maybe Hudson can marry a man. That would shut them up.

Isn’t there data saying that the more older brothers a man has the more likely he is to be gay? That would certainly up the odds for Hudson. Maybe he could  find a Godly Little Husband.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 2

anachronistic

I keep hearing that Fiddler on the Roof song in my head

”the first time I met you

was on our wedding day

I was scared

I was shy
I was nervous 

so was I 

but my father and my mother

said we’d learn to love each other......”

Allison loves the idea of being married. She loves the idea of being a wife. But does she actually truly love her husband, as a person? I highly doubt it. And as to whether she will love being a stay at home wife and mother, or be bored to tears, remains to be seen.

browngrl
9 hours ago, lilith said:

She’s also attended multiple Bates and Duggar weddings though, and they don’t tend to feature long political rants from the fathers of the brides. 

I think the only reason the Bates and Duggars don't go on long political rants is because their weddings have been televised. The corporations funding them would not want to alienate audiences so they limit the diatribes. Once they are off the air I'll bet dollars to donuts they go on the same rants.

JermajestyDuggar

Ashley Salyer’s wedding was a freaking joy fest compared to Allison’s. It was short and no talk of the plandemic. Her groom showed almost zero emotion and Ashley was embarrasssed by the first kiss. But that’s nothing compared to Allison’s rantfest of a wedding. 

Tatar-tot
16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The maxwell girls are available:  he can come on down and pick the one he likes the best. 

JermajestyDuggar
3 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

The maxwell girls are available:  he can come on down and pick the one he likes the best. 

His age is closer to Abby’s. A match like that wouldn’t surprise me too much.

BirdgirlH
28 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

His age is closer to Abby’s. A match like that wouldn’t surprise me too much.

How old is Abby now?

JermajestyDuggar
4 minutes ago, BirdgirlH said:

How old is Abby now?

12. And Hudson is 14. So 10 years down the road they could match up. 

ElizaB
14 hours ago, lilith said:

Do we know that for sure or do we just know what TLC chooses to show? 

nelliebelle1197
5 hours ago, browngrl said:

I think the only reason the Bates and Duggars don't go on long political rants is because their weddings have been televised. The corporations funding them would not want to alienate audiences so they limit the diatribes. Once they are off the air I'll bet dollars to donuts they go on the same rants.

I don't think Gill and Jim Bob's wives would allow that - especially Kelly Bates who is actually in charge.