IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

12. And Hudson is 14. So 10 years down the road they could match up. 

Why 10? 5 for a courtship, 6 for a wedding. Abby looks bored to death since she was 10 years old. If her only getaway is marriage, she may be praying for a "little husband" harder than Hudson.

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I don't think Gill and Jim Bob's wives would allow that - especially Kelly Bates who is actually in charge.

I agree.  Every once in a while something may slip, but Kelly is savvy enough to hide the the worst of their beliefs.  However, I have a suspicion that both families might have someone helping them with their image (not necessarily someone with the networks)

• Upvote 8

I just watched the wedding. Oy vey!

The FIL just seemed weird and like he loved having an audience but had no clue how to give an effective presentation but also had no clue how to read the audience to adjust his style. And what was with him calling Allison 'running water' or whatever it was he kept calling her? Allison seemed amused by him, though, so maybe one on one he is a kindly man?

Dad Bontrager LOVES and audience and it showed! The second part of his speech would have actually been sort of sweet (by fundie standards) if he had not already bored the audience with the first part which was so, so very inappropriate. 

The bride and groom looked happy. I do not get where people say the groom looked like he didn't want to be there - he seemed very uncomfortable speaking in front of the audience, but he did a lot of smiling at Allison and laughing when the focus was not directly on him. I suspect Allison will wear the pants in that family and they both probably have the right personalities for that dynamic to work well.

I truly only wanted to watch to see the wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses and was impressed. All were styles I would pick/wear. Proof you can be modest without looking clownish. I also likes the colors they picked.

All in all, this wedding would have been lovely had it not been ruined by the drug out bloviating from the fathers. Allison and Jerimiah deserved better. 

• Upvote 13

28 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Why 10? 5 for a courtship, 6 for a wedding. Abby looks bored to death since she was 10 years old. If her only getaway is marriage, she may be praying for a "little husband" harder than Hudson.

I guess I said 10 since Maxwells don’t seem to marry young. But maybe Abby will because Nathan and Mel are her parents and not Teri and Steve. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

savvy enough to hide the the worst of their beliefs. 

That is what I meant. I think they hold the same awful fundie beliefs as father Bontrager/Alisons FIL but they keep them on the down low to a far greater extent. There is money to be made so they only let their awful beliefs peek out a tiny bit eg when Kelly posted about blue lives matter or when she came to Lawson's defence when he posted a picture of himself and a dead animal. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, ElizaB said:

Do we know that for sure or do we just know what TLC chooses to show? 

Jill and Jessa both have uploaded their full ceremonies to YouTube.

I also don't think Jeremiah was uninterested, I think he was uncomfortable on stage. During his vows he seemed like he was holding onto Allison's hands for dear life and kept rubbing them. I remember at one point he was so stiff and red that I was starting to worry if he was going to pass out, lol.

• Upvote 10

51 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Jill and Jessa both have uploaded their full ceremonies to YouTube.

I also don't think Jeremiah was uninterested, I think he was uncomfortable on stage. During his vows he seemed like he was holding onto Allison's hands for dear life and kept rubbing them. I remember at one point he was so stiff and red that I was starting to worry if he was going to pass out, lol.

I didn’t get the impression he was uninterested. He just seems quiet and a bit shy. I’m not saying all farm boys are alike. But I will say that I know quite a few farm boys who are rather quiet and aren’t socially outgoing. I’m honestly a bit surprised she would choose someone like that. I have to say I thought she would pick someone more like John Maxwell. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I didn’t get the impression he was uninterested. He just seems quiet and a bit shy. I’m not saying all farm boys are alike. But I will say that I know quite a few farm boys who are rather quiet and aren’t socially outgoing. I’m honestly a bit surprised she would choose someone like that. I have to say I though she would pick someone more like John Maxwell. 

Well the question is did she pick him? How much of a choice did she really have? 

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Well the question is did she pick him? How much of a choice did she really have? 

She hasn’t told their love story yet so it’s hard to say. Chelsy and Mitch seemed to choose for themselves based on their love stories. But Carson and Joshua were arranged.

• Upvote 7

I think Allison’s photographer is going to post some more wedding pics tonight. The only part of Allison’s dress that I loved was the lacy overlay detail. I really like that material. But the cut of the gown was a little bland. 

B388AF9C-EBD2-493F-A5F6-8D18E09128DE.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

1 minute ago, llg1234 said:

It is interesting. Since Denver and Praise look so relaxed together.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

13 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

thank you so much for these. They are much more pretty pintrestry than the wedding. And he looks in love as does she which is nice. But the whole corvid thing, their horrid beliefs and her stripey hair bug the hell out of me, 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, byzant said:

thank you so much for these. They are much more pretty pintrestry than the wedding. And he looks in love as does she which is nice. But the whole corvid thing, their horrid beliefs and her stripey hair bug the hell out of me, 

I agree. The wedding was boring and hateful but the reception looked relaxed and enjoyable. At least Allison could enjoy that part.

• Upvote 12

I really like the dress and veil now I’ve seen proper pictures.

And Axton was part of the swarm of toddlers.

Denver and Praise definitely look to be the next couple up, so Allison can continue to double date her brother.

And the reception at the park looked much more like what I would expect Allison to choose (and actually joyful).

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Those pictures came back faster than the maxwells had time to add editing the wedding photos to Sarah’s schedule. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 18

I was thinking that if Praise and Denver do get married, they will have to schedule it around the tour dates. The Bontragers are always home for Christmas. But then they usually leave on winter tour sometime in January. He may have to have a late December or early January wedding due to the tour. And it’s completely possible Praise will just join the tour before she starts popping out little blessings.

• Upvote 7

It’s hard to get a storefront Republican headquarters of some type in a wedding photo but they did it.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 14

I don't get the dark vest with the pale suit. Is that a thing? 

Otherwise, nice looking wedding, except for the part where people are packed together indoors! At least the reception was outside.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I don't get the dark vest with the pale suit. Is that a thing? 

Otherwise, nice looking wedding, except for the part where people are packed together indoors! At least the reception was outside.

A very long ceremony too! It’s not like it was a quick 20 minute wedding. These people were likely scrunched together for close to 2 hours. If someone had covid at the wedding, it will be spread to at least a few people nearby.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

Thank god she has these pictures because she’s never going to want to watch the ceremony again. 

ETA: I’m impressed they did a first look. I did wedding photography for several yearS and I encouraged everyone to do it. I’m impressed that she went with it instead of the traditional not seeing each other ahead of time. 

Edited by deborahlynn1979
  • Upvote 9

Good grief. I got all teary-eyed looking at their wedding pictures because it got me thinking about my daughter's upcoming wedding and I've been getting super sentimental about it. My husband looked up from his phone to ask me why I was crying, and I had to tell him that I was crying about the wedding of some people I don't even know.

I thought Allison looked unhappy through most of the wedding video. She looks much happier in the pictures. 

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked this topic