IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

Times are changing though- while even a previously publicised courtship generated interest in the past, now they are down to the least interesting family members ( unless Jana is courting and that’s the big story). The boys are young, no interesting back story, all working in some vague Duggar construction type role, all spouting the same nonsense and the girls will be Kendra types from suitable families. It is going to be hard to portray them as anything but the dull people they are so an element of surprise is all they can throw in.

With Jill gone, Josh banished, Joy doing her own thing, those left are bland or anonymous. I think Jinger may  be next to jump ship if she and Jeremy can get more from podcast/YouTube revenue.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I'll collect the data for the more recently married couples

John and Abbie

Courtship Announced - June 26, 2018

Courtship Episode - October 1, 2018 (at the end of the episode John introduced us to Abbie)

Josiah and Lauren

Courtship Announced - January 23, 2018

Courtship Episode - July 30, 2018

Joe and Kendra

Courtship Announced - March 8, 2017

Courtship Episode - On the July 10, 2017 episode of Counting On, Joe asked Daddy Caldwell if he could court Kendra. We were officially introduced to Kendra on the Aftershow special aired on July 17, 2017

Joy and Austin 

Courtship announced - November 15, 2016

Courtship Episode - February 27, 2017

So the courtships are generally announced about 3-6 months before the episode airs. 

Thank you!! 

It kind of leads me to think MAYBE there won’t be a quarantine courtship episode. (Unless Idlewild is tight and the element of surprise is what they’re after) They’re going to have to do something to keep interest though here real soon. 

Edited by Ever
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ever said:

(Unless Idlewild is tight and the element of surprise is what they’re after) They’re going to have to do something to keep interest though here real soon. 

This is what I think they’re trying to do. If there really is a courtship, and I know we suspect there’s a few going on, their viewers would be totally caught off guard because I doubt any of them follow their social media as thoroughly as we do and follow all the other related families. So after the episode on the 15th they’ll probably show a teaser from the following episode to tease a courtship which will get viewers interested and ensure they watch because there’s been no hints in their social media if you look at it superficially. The only one that you could maybe guess from social media would be James and Lauren, but I think they’re still too young for an announcement. I think it’ll be Jer and Katey. But, they could announce a couple  if courtships since that would really get viewers interested in the next season because it could end the next season in a wedding or two depending on how long these courtships have gone on in secret and how close they are to an engagement. I also think this is what the Bates are doing with Nathan since it seems like this week’s episode is teasing a courtship for him and except for a passing glance at a photo of a girl who was his phone's lockscreen, regular viewers wouldn’t suspect that he’s in a courtship either. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

There was a photo of JB, Jinger and maybe the twins?? Who knows, I certainly don’t in a restaurant- the staff had masks, none of the Duggars did of course, and apparently the restaurant had been used previously by TLC filming so perhaps a double wedding is on the cards. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

There was a photo of JB, Jinger and maybe the twins?? Who knows, I certainly don’t in a restaurant- the staff had masks, none of the Duggars did of course, and apparently the restaurant had been used previously by TLC filming so perhaps a double wedding is on the cards. 

That photo and the fact that during the first Covid episode this season (and a few times since) anytime courtship is brought up Jeremiah avoids answering, is the reason I lean towards it being him and Katey. BUT the Caldwells saying Lauren May get an IG account, the posting and removal of photos of James, makes me really question whether they’ll be making a Caldwell announcement. 

side note: I’ve been getting weird vibes- and that’s all it is is vibes- about Jed and Laura DeMasie. She does seem to post photos w him a lot, she’s always around bc of Jana, but Jed seems to be involved all the time w them. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I think it will be Jer and Katey announcing. But I think James/Lauren and possibly Justin/Claire announcements aren't too far behind. 

I have no idea about Jason. I suppose he could be getting to know that Elizabeth (Patton? Patterson?) who has been hanging around lately. 

I don't think Jed is currently involved with anyone, but I think he will be soon (particularly if Jer will be married in the near future). I think he'll go for someone very similar to Lauren Caldwell (not her!) but someone who is also young, pretty, nicely dressed, and seemingly very sweet and meek. The perfect prop wife for his political career, if he's serious about pursuing one (I can't decide if he's interested in politics or if it's Jim Bob forcing it). 

Now watch me be wrong about all of this ?

• Upvote 9

I'm assuming both the Justin and Jeremiah accounts are legit. Jeremiah is being followed by some close family friends and the Justin account has a photo I don't recall seeing. I figured it would be better to follow them now before they decide to go private.

5 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

This is what I think they’re trying to do. If there really is a courtship, and I know we suspect there’s a few going on, their viewers would be totally caught off guard because I doubt any of them follow their social media as thoroughly as we do and follow all the other related families. So after the episode on the 15th they’ll probably show a teaser from the following episode to tease a courtship which will get viewers interested and ensure they watch because there’s been no hints in their social media if you look at it superficially. The only one that you could maybe guess from social media would be James and Lauren, but I think they’re still too young for an announcement. I think it’ll be Jer and Katey. But, they could announce a couple  if courtships since that would really get viewers interested in the next season because it could end the next season in a wedding or two depending on how long these courtships have gone on in secret and how close they are to an engagement. I also think this is what the Bates are doing with Nathan since it seems like this week’s episode is teasing a courtship for him and except for a passing glance at a photo of a girl who was his phone's lockscreen, regular viewers wouldn’t suspect that he’s in a courtship either. 

I respectfully disagree about regular viewers not suspecting a Nathan courtship. The whispers have been getting louder and louder since Carlin posted that video on her YouTube. I wonder if she did that on purpose to "out" Nathan and his girlfriend or if it was just an honest mistake?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I'm assuming both the Justin and Jeremiah accounts are legit. Jeremiah is being followed by some close family friends and the Justin account has a photo I don't recall seeing. I figured it would be better to follow them now before they decide to go private.

Which is the Jer account? I'm still suspicious about that Justin account but I too figured us better to keep an eye on that before it goes private again 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

There is a Jeremiah account?! What’s the name?

10 minutes ago, Ever said:

@jerduggar

13 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Which is the Jer account? I'm still suspicious about that Justin account but I too figured us better to keep an eye on that before it goes private again 

@jerduggar

• Thank You 4

On 8/19/2020 at 5:58 PM, mpheels said:

My BEC moment was snarkily judging Jeremy’s outfit at the party. Wearing a bow tie with your black suit looks like a cheap/half assed attempt at a tuxedo. As a side effect of my job, I attend a fair number of formal events (or used to, pre-pandemic). A nice fitted tuxedo can make any man look dashing. I have some colleagues when don’t (yet) own tuxedos, and they wear nice black suits with nice white shirts and solid black neck ties, and also look great. Jeremy looked like a teenager playing dress up. 

Her surprise birthday party by no means called for a tuxedo, that would have been ridiculous. Jeremy wears bow ties kinda regularly so he looked normal to me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ever said:

side note: I’ve been getting weird vibes- and that’s all it is is vibes- about Jed and Laura DeMasie. She does seem to post photos w him a lot, she’s always around bc of Jana, but Jed seems to be involved all the time w them. 

Is there an age difference between them?

1 minute ago, mstee said:

Oh I’m not sure! I’m going to assume a slight one bc she is friends with Jana- but I would have to look. 

thank you Becky!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mstee said:

I think Laura is older than Jana so it would be about a 10 year difference. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Maybe an update but Jinger now follows Claire on Instagram so I'd say that's a sign her and Justin may be the Courtship 

She looks so much older than him. 

2 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

I respectfully disagree about regular viewers not suspecting a Nathan courtship. The whispers have been getting louder and louder since Carlin posted that video on her YouTube. I wonder if she did that on purpose to "out" Nathan and his girlfriend or if it was just an honest mistake?

Oh I didn’t see that discussed. What did she say? 

1 hour ago, Ever said:

The family account is not following it so I don’t think it’s his or if it is it’s not officially yet. 

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

She looks so much older than him. 

Oh I didn’t see that discussed. What did she say? 

The family account is not following it so I don’t think it’s his or if it is it’s not officially yet. 

What did Carlin say? Nobody actually said anything in the YouTube video that's been discussed. You can just clearly see a girl's photo on Nathan's phone as his lockscreen. I'm pretty sure everyone went a little crazy digging for information as soon as the video dropped! LOL

Also, I keep seeing the name Katey mentioned. Who is Katey?

• Upvote 1

Just now, becky_m2001 said:

What did Carlin say? Nobody actually said anything in the YouTube video that's been discussed. You can just clearly see a girl's photo on Nathan's phone as his lockscreen. I'm pretty sure everyone went a little crazy digging for information as soon as the video dropped! LOL

Also, I keep seeing the name Katey mentioned. Who is Katey?

Oh the lock screen thing. Yep. Got it. Thanks. :) I thought by the op saying that Carlin was trying to out him. She must have said something. My bad. 

@AussieKrissy I'm not totally sure but I think she's 19.  There's an 01 in her Instagram handle which makes me think she's 19.  Also taking this with a grain of salt but before this courtship talk came out someone went on the Duggar Snark and Counting On Reddit's and said Justin and Claire's courtship would be announced on the season finale.  They also said it had been kept private due to his age.  Those comments got deleted not long after

• Thank You 1

40 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

@AussieKrissy I'm not totally sure but I think she's 19.  There's an 01 in her Instagram handle which makes me think she's 19.  Also taking this with a grain of salt but before this courtship talk came out someone went on the Duggar Snark and Counting On Reddit's and said Justin and Claire's courtship would be announced on the season finale.  They also said it had been kept private due to his age.  Those comments got deleted not long after

Reddit isn't exactly a reliable source. I feel like Justin is WAY too young for even a close friendship, let alone a courtship. Especially since the Duggars rarely announce a courtship unless they're pretty certain that an engagement will follow soon.

The Katey that y'all have been mentioned, is that Katey Nakatsu? If so she was born in 1998 according to a birthday post on her family's blog. Definitely too old for Justin, in my opinion!

14 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I'll collect the data for the more recently married couples

John and Abbie

Courtship Announced - June 26, 2018

Courtship Episode - October 1, 2018 (at the end of the episode John introduced us to Abbie)

Josiah and Lauren

Courtship Announced - January 23, 2018

Courtship Episode - July 30, 2018

Joe and Kendra

Courtship Announced - March 8, 2017

Courtship Episode - On the July 10, 2017 episode of Counting On, Joe asked Daddy Caldwell if he could court Kendra. We were officially introduced to Kendra on the Aftershow special aired on July 17, 2017

Joy and Austin 

Courtship announced - November 15, 2016

Courtship Episode - February 27, 2017

So the courtships are generally announced about 3-6 months before the episode airs. 

Aren't they typically engaged by the time the courtship episode airs? I know it happens REALLY fast! LOL

Edited by becky_m2001
  • Upvote 1

@becky_m2001 Katey isn't with Justin.  Claire is.  She's the girl that was pictured with him in his Google reviews from early this year.  I only brought up Reddit because the poster made the Justin/Claire comments before the information on the courtship episode became public.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, becky_m2001 said:

Reddit isn't exactly a reliable source. I feel like Justin is WAY too young for even a close friendship, let alone a courtship. Especially since the Duggars rarely announce a courtship unless they're pretty certain that an engagement will follow soon.

The Katey that y'all have been mentioned, is that Katey Nakatsu? If so she was born in 1998 according to a birthday post on her family's blog. Definitely too old for Justin, in my opinion!

Aren't they typically engaged by the time the courtship episode airs? I know it happens REALLY fast! LOL

Katey is possibly with Jer, not Justin :) 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic