IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

I lost track of the timeline in the show, has Jinger already announce blessing #2 being on the way? Could the shock's faces be due to that? Even if I don't get why they should be so surprise, is not like that JinJer could announce they are going to college and take business class or that Jinger has found a new job and she will work every day 9-5

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I lost track of the timeline in the show, has Jinger already announce blessing #2 being on the way? Could the shock's faces be due to that? Even if I don't get why they should be so surprise, is not like that JinJer could announce they are going to college and take business class or that Jinger has found a new job and she will work every day 9-5

Yes, it sounds like #2 will be announced next week during the ‘courtship episode’.  You’re right, their reaction could be to Jinger’s announcement vs. Justin’s, although they edited it to look like they were reacting to Justin.  Tune in to find out..,

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Looks like Jinger is announcing the pregnancy next episode. The shocked faces could definitely be about that. But the episode title is Quarantine Courtship so there should be a courtship announcement somewhere in there.

• Upvote 3

Oh, the courtship announcement is sure but maybe Justin is announcing Jinger's pregnancy? Maybe I'm just searching for some proof that he isn't the one in a courtship, I definitely believe he is something Claire, but they will announce after he turns 18. 

@Italiangirl It could be both.  During the previews when Jinger was packing up Felicity's clothes Scott alluded to another pregnancy but I still think it's a Justin/Claire courtship announcement.  Reading through Duggar Snark the mods seem to have people giving them info about the relationship and they've said what they've been told has been proven true.

Can someone (attempt) to make me understand why fundies that have houses to small for their family insist on having guest bedrooms? Jessa, Joe/Kendra, Alyssa Bates, Jill D (abd I probably missed some) have all shown pictures and referred to a bedroom in their house as a guest bedroom even though they actually needed (or should have used) that room for their kids.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Can someone (attempt) to make me understand why fundies that have houses to small for their family insist on having guest bedrooms? Jessa, Joe/Kendra, Alyssa Bates, Jill D (abd I probably missed some) have all shown pictures and referred to a bedroom in their house as a guest bedroom even though they actually needed (or should have used) that room for their kids.

Could it be a status symbol? More bedrooms = more wealth = more status. This is until they have a gigantic quiver, at which point their large amount of children is their status symbol. Regular people might have an office as a "status symbol" (look at us, we can afford to pay for an extra bedroom), but a lot of fundies might not be "office type people" and feel like they need an office, so they choose guest bedrooms.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Could it be a status symbol? More bedrooms = more wealth = more status. This is until they have a gigantic quiver, at which point their large amount of children is their status symbol. Regular people might have an office as a "status symbol" (look at us, we can afford to pay for an extra bedroom), but a lot of fundies might not be "office type people" and feel like they need an office, so they choose guest bedrooms.

I watch those house buying shows and get baffled by the couples where one person works outside the house - which they mention because they discuss how far they are from the office and the other person is a stay at home parent but they NEEEEEED an office, and can't buy that one because it doesn't have an office. 
I work from home - I made the dining room my office. Do people who don't work from home NEEEEEED an office? 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I watch those house buying shows and get baffled by the couples where one person works outside the house - which they mention because they discuss how far they are from the office and the other person is a stay at home parent but they NEEEEEED an office, and can't buy that one because it doesn't have an office. 
I work from home - I made the dining room my office. Do people who don't work from home NEEEEEED an office? 

I think most of the conflict on those shows is made up just for the "we need drama on our TV show" aspect. Our neighbor's house was on House Hunters a few years ago, and apparently in most (if not all) of the cases, the couple has already purchased a home, and the agent just takes them to two other homes that have some similar criteria. 

The wish list of must-haves is probably either enhanced or totally created by the producers to create drama where there is none. Since they know the couple isn't going to choose this house, they need a reason for it not to work. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Apparently part of the ATI/IBLP cult is that the members should “fellowship” with each other, and part of that is frequent visits to each others’ homes. That way they can watch each other for inappropriately worldly behavior and “encourage” others to follow the cult rules. It might even be a rule that they have to have a guest room.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

48 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

@Italiangirl It could be both.  During the previews when Jinger was packing up Felicity's clothes Scott alluded to another pregnancy but I still think it's a Justin/Claire courtship announcement.  Reading through Duggar Snark the mods seem to have people giving them info about the relationship and they've said what they've been told has been proven true.

How did ya'll find out the girl's name is Claire? I heard about a mysterious picture somewhere that was promptly took down when people started questioning. They should know by now that any pic with random young people is going to start relationship speculation. ?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Meggo said:

The house hunting show they filmed in my state was 100% "hey, did you buy a house? Be on our show." So they had to then go around and tour houses that they weren't going to buy and fake it. 

Regardless, my biggest issue with that show is the "i walk dogs for a living and my husband is a barista, and our budget is 10 million dollars. We need a sauna and would like to live in Luxembourg." 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 15

@Tangy Bee The picture I saw was from Justin's Google reviews of the car lot and Jason's remodeling business, it was his profile picture.  It was leaked in January and he changed it almost immediately after someone, I think a redditor, found it.  There was a thread about said picture on Duggar Snark when it came out and someone on that thread found her name.  That's how I knew her name not sure of anyone else 

• Thank You 2

18 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

The house hunting show they filmed in my state was 100% "hey, did you buy a house? Be on our show." So they had to then go around and tour houses that they weren't going to buy and fake it. 

Regardless, my biggest issue with that show is the "i walk dogs for a living and my husband is a barista, and our budget is 10 million dollars. We need a sauna and would like to live in Luxembourg." 

I love snarking on those people! "We want to really FEEL like we're living in London, so city centre would be great.... only with a big kitchen, and we need tons of closets, and room for our 2 bull mastiff dogs to have a nice big fenced back yard, room for a veggie garden … " 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

1ce19a81-80dd-441c-b554-c4c2940c27e3.png.13ed024d4e96faed5e0aa5bbd616b09c.png

This is the famous pic, what is make me think it could actually be him is that the photo is from January/February and even if they have long getting to know you/courting phase at this point based just on the timeline they should be close to engagement if nothing happened in the meantime. I guess that to have a photo like this and be comfortable enough to choose it as a profile picture, they was already talking with some serious intention (given who he is and what his family stand for/belive) so match/april seems to be a good time to announce to the family that are considering to take the next step 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I love the house hunters programs that show a really really nice kitchen and bathroom and the woman thinks it all needs to be gutted to change the color of the granite.  Hell, we were excited to get new formica a few years ago! And I repainted the 60 year old wood cupboards! Thought we were in our dream house!

We do have a rarely used guest suite because we moved our bedroom to the ground floor when my husband broke his hip. Mostly the cats think it's their private domain. 

• Upvote 9

Ok so now it's sinking in. Nice pic with faces touching. Oops! Guess he forgot his family is kinda famous. Another 18 year old getting married. Probably already have a house fixed up somewhere. Trying to be excited.....

• Haha 6

Just now, Tangy Bee said:

Ok so now it's sinking in. Nice pic with faces touching. Oops! Guess he forgot his family is kinda famous. Another 18 year old getting married. Probably already have a house fixed up somewhere. Trying to be excited.....

I think that might be where Jana was laying tile.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

It's Jed/Jeer, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson.  (I have no life and remember crap like this)

Can you also do the Bates’ line-up? I’ve got Zach, Michaela, Erin and Alyssa  is #6. Other than that, I’m at a loss.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Can you also do the Bates’ line-up? I’ve got Zach, Michaela, Erin and Alyssa  is #6. Other than that, I’m at a loss.

Zach, Michael, Erin, Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa, Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie, Katie, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah, Addallee, Ellie, Callie, Judson, Jeb

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

27 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Zach, Michael, Erin, Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa, Tori, Trace, Carlin, Josie, Katie, Jackson, Warden, Isaiah, Addallee, Ellie, Callie, Judson, Jeb

That's impressive! I can remember groupings of boys/girls, but I get lost where they intersect. Like I know Lawson/Nathan/Trace in order and Alyssa/Tori/Carlin/Josie/Katie in order but I can never remember if Nathan is older than Alyssa or where Trace falls in the middle of the girls. And I know Jackson, Warden and Isaiah are the middle boys, but I couldn't tell you what order they go in. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Meggo said:

I love snarking on those people! "We want to really FEEL like we're living in London, so city centre would be great.... only with a big kitchen, and we need tons of closets, and room for our 2 bull mastiff dogs to have a nice big fenced back yard, room for a veggie garden … " 

Or "I really need to be near a park, a large kitchen and dining area, we really like to entertain and we are going to have kids." Proceeds to buy the cookie cutter investment house (because they already bought it, and the two houses are clearly two different budgets.) with none of those those things. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I never, ever remember Jason. I couldn’t pick him out of a line-up. Where does he fall in the line up? Between Joy and Jackson, I’m at a total loss.

To me, Jason is the male version of Jessa and now that he has a beard he reminds me of JD.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic