IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Derdick has managed to keep his mouth shut for a reasonable amount of time and not say or tweet anything hateful. 

I have a feeling that may just be law school keeping him too busy ?

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

We usually wait until we know that they're a couple somewhere along the line of dating/getting to know/courtship.  So basically one of the couple, one of the families, TLC, or the show needs to acknowledge it.  

A howler helpmeets thread could be fun :) It sure seems like a short list to me.  Feels like one of those test questions where you have two columns of exactly five names each and have to draw lines between the pairs.

• Upvote 1

So in Monday's episode, the picture that was given by Jessa had 2 kids blurred out. Why? I can't wrap my head around it, all the kids are on the show, even Tyler. It's on the right picture, 4th from the left and the kid on the end (right).

Screenshot_20200825-114434_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

So in Monday's episode, the picture that was given by Jessa had 2 kids blurred out. Why? I can't wrap my head around it, all the kids are on the show, even Tyler. It's on the right picture, 4th from the left and the kid on the end (right).

Maybe it’s Izzy and Sam? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Maybe it’s Izzy and Sam? 

Oh d'oh! Of course it is :). Thanks!

• Upvote 6

Does anyone have any info/speculation on the schoolhouse/church Jana renovated? Like... she's done a nice job but what is the point? Are they leaving their current church and setting up their own home-church again?

• Upvote 5

Why would they even put those pictures in an epi? It’s not like a wedding or funeral where Izzy and Sam can be discreetly edited out.  You’d think that highlighting the Dillards’ absence would be bad for the Duggar(tm) brand. 

Looks like TLC is deliberately trying to stir controversy...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Counting On Season 11 Episode 8 "The Best Duggar Christmas Pageant Ever"

Ugh whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Part 1

Spoiler

Tonight is the 2nd Annual Duggar Family Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. The name is long and stupid, so everyone has trouble saying it. It's more like an ugly outfit party, since everyone is going all out with wigs and stuff. Austin sprayed his hair and beard white, Joy has a gray wig on. Josiah and Lauren are dressed as snowmen. They all start eating before doing the ugly sweater contest. They line up Bella, Addison, and Maryella and take pictures with the moms. JB looks forward to the family continuing to grow. The categories for the sweater contest are: most ugly, weird, cute, and creative. James wins weirdest, Jana cutest, Josiah & Lauren creative, Justin ugliest.

The Duggars used to have a Christmas play, either at their church or in their front yard. The older kids decided they should bring that back. They have two days to plan it all out. It's going to be held in an old schoolhouse/church that Jana renovated. Jeremiah is going to be the narrator. Jason, James, and Justin are helping bring the old props and costumes out from storage, while Ben is drawing the backdrop on a chalkboard. Spurgeon is going to be Gabriel. Jessa hope he doesn't get stage fright. All three of the newborns are going to be options for Jesus and they'll use whichever baby is happiest that night. Jana, Jessa, and Jeremiah are trying to figure everything out. Jana keeps saying they should have planned a bit more in advance (no shit).

The Vuolos are going to a tree farm to get a live Christmas tree. Jeremy and Felicity are dressed as lumberjacks, he likes to dress for the occasions. Jinger has never been to a tree farm, Jeremy worked at one once. The Duggar had Christmas trees some years, but not every year. Once, they dug a pine tree and kept it in a pot. It's now planted in their backyard. The farm employee helps them find the perfect tree. Felicity isn't interested and wants to explore the entire farm while Jinger and Jeremy try to keep up. Jeremy cuts the tree down, but he says he dropped the ball because he didn't yell timber. They think Felicity will fall asleep pretty fast in the car.

At the Seewalds, Jessa is getting ready to go around and take photos of all of the grand kids. She's going to put all of the photos together and give it to her parents as a gift. First, she goes to Joy & Austin's house to take a picture of Gideon. This is the first time Jessa has been to the Forsyth's new home. Joy says they still have some detailing work to do, but she's happy to not be in a camper anymore. Gideon has a lot of energy, so it's hard to get him to stand still for a photo. Jessa recommends keeping it short and taking a lot of photos at once. Next, she goes to Anna's house and photographs the M kids. Then Josiah and Joseph's kids. Jessa guesses she took two thousand photos that day.

It's now time for the Christmas pageant rehearsal. The lost girls helped with the costumes. JB is going to be the donkey. He says he'll need knee pads, but he'll be a great ass. His costume consists of Eeyore ears and a gray blanket. Jackson is Joseph, Johannah is Mary. Michael is the scribe, Jordyn/Mackynzie are angels, Tyler is the king. Jason, James, and Justin the three wise men, Jenny, Josie, & Mason are shepherds. Various toddlers are going to be sheep. Spurgeon became jealous when he saw all of sheep got graham crackers, so he decided he didn't want to be Gabriel any more. Jason/James/Justin are the wise men because they're good at singing. The rehearsal starts running long and the kids are over it. They hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Part 2

Spoiler

At the Vuolos' house, they're getting ready to decorate their tree. This is Felicity's first time; she dances while Jeremy sings "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." They like that she's old enough to interact and enjoy this with them. Jinger is excited to have all of the decorations up. Jeremy notices there's a spider on the tree and goes to kill it. The producer jokes there's probably a nest in the tree. Jeremy asks what kind of spider has a red dot on the back. He's also joking. They also find some ladybugs on the tree. Jinger doesn't like bugs and spiders, she prefers them to stay outside.

It's the night of the pageant and Jana hopes the play goes well, since the rehearsal was kinda rough. Jessa hopes the toddlers all got a good nap in. Jason says they're going to roll with the punches and that Duggars are never really ready. The play starts and Mackynzie has taken over as Gabriel. Johannah felt awkward on stage was trying not to laugh. She sits on JB's back and his donkey costume almost falls off. He likes making people laugh, so he enjoyed his role. 

Addison ended up as baby Jesus in the manger, Ivy will be Jesus when the three wise men arrive. Lauren and Josiah sing "O Holy Night." In order to keep the toddlers under control as sheep, they put snacks in a wooden bowl to act as a 'feeding trough.' It somewhat works, although some kids tried to run off the stage. The performance was altogether a success. They liked watching all of the kids participate. Joseph ends the play with leading everyone in singing "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee." The producer asks if they're going to do it again next year and the lost girls say no way. 

JB and Michelle thank everyone for coming and say they have refreshments available. Jessa goes up on stage and gives them the photos of the grand kids (with Israel & Sam blurred out). Everyone talks about what Christmas means to them. 

Next week: JD films a video for his soon to be born daughter, the Seewalds decorate bird houses, Abbie gives birth to Grace.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

19 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Counting On Season 11 Episode 8 "The Best Duggar Christmas Pageant Ever"

Ugh whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Part 1

Hide contents

Tonight is the 2nd Annual Duggar Family Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. The name is long and stupid, so everyone has trouble saying it. It's more like an ugly outfit party, since everyone is going all out with wigs and stuff. Austin sprayed his hair and beard white, Joy has a gray wig on. Josiah and Lauren are dressed as snowmen. They all start eating before doing the ugly sweater contest. They line up Bella, Addison, and Maryella and take pictures with the moms. JB looks forward to the family continuing to grow. The categories for the sweater contest are: most ugly, weird, cute, and creative. James wins weirdest, Jana cutest, Josiah & Lauren creative, Justin ugliest.

The Duggars used to have a Christmas play, either at their church or in their front yard. The older kids decided they should bring that back. They have two days to plan it all out. It's going to be held in an old schoolhouse/church that Jana renovated. Jeremiah is going to be the narrator. Jason, James, and Justin are helping bring the old props and costumes out from storage, while Ben is drawing the backdrop on a chalkboard. Spurgeon is going to be Gabriel. Jessa hope he doesn't get stage fright. All three of the newborns are going to be options for Jesus and they'll use whichever baby is happiest that night. Jana, Jessa, and Jeremiah are trying to figure everything out. Jana keeps saying they should have planned a bit more in advance (no shit).

The Vuolos are going to a tree farm to get a live Christmas tree. Jeremy and Felicity are dressed as lumberjacks, he likes to dress for the occasions. Jinger has never been to a tree farm, Jeremy worked at one once. The Duggar had Christmas trees some years, but not every year. Once, they dug a pine tree and kept it in a pot. It's now planted in their backyard. The farm employee helps them find the perfect tree. Felicity isn't interested and wants to explore the entire farm while Jinger and Jeremy try to keep up. Jeremy cuts the tree down, but he says he dropped the ball because he didn't yell timber. They think Felicity will fall asleep pretty fast in the car.

At the Seewalds, Jessa is getting ready to go around and take photos of all of the grand kids. She's going to put all of the photos together and give it to her parents as a gift. First, she goes to Joy & Austin's house to take a picture of Gideon. This is the first time Jessa has been to the Forsyth's new home. Joy says they still have some detailing work to do, but she's happy to not be in a camper anymore. Gideon has a lot of energy, so it's hard to get him to stand still for a photo. Jessa recommends keeping it short and taking a lot of photos at once. Next, she goes to Anna's house and photographs the M kids. Then Josiah and Joseph's kids. Jessa guesses she took two thousand photos that day.

It's now time for the Christmas pageant rehearsal. The lost girls helped with the costumes. JB is going to be the donkey. He says he'll need knee pads, but he'll be a great ass. His costume consists of Eeyore ears and a gray blanket. Jackson is Joseph, Johannah is Mary. Michael is the scribe, Jordyn/Mackynzie are angels, Tyler is the king. Jason, James, and Justin the three wise men, Jenny, Josie, & Mason are shepherds. Various toddlers are going to be sheep. Spurgeon became jealous when he saw all of sheep got graham crackers, so he decided he didn't want to be Gabriel any more. Jason/James/Justin are the wise men because they're good at singing. The rehearsal starts running long and the kids are over it. They hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Part 2

Hide contents

At the Vuolos' house, they're getting ready to decorate their tree. This is Felicity's first time; she dances while Jeremy sings "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." They like that she's old enough to interact and enjoy this with them. Jinger is excited to have all of the decorations up. Jeremy notices there's a spider on the tree and goes to kill it. The producer jokes there's probably a nest in the tree. Jeremy asks what kind of spider has a red dot on the back. He's also joking. They also find some ladybugs on the tree. Jinger doesn't like bugs and spiders, she prefers them to stay outside.

It's the night of the pageant and Jana hopes the play goes well, since the rehearsal was kinda rough. Jessa hopes the toddlers all got a good nap in. Jason says they're going to roll with the punches and that Duggars are never really ready. The play starts and Mackynzie has taken over as Gabriel. Johannah felt awkward on stage was trying not to laugh. She sits on JB's back and his donkey costume almost falls off. He likes making people laugh, so he enjoyed his role. 

Addison ended up as baby Jesus in the manger, Ivy will be Jesus when the three wise men arrive. Lauren and Josiah sing "O Holy Night." In order to keep the toddlers under control as sheep, they put snacks in a wooden bowl to act as a 'feeding trough.' It somewhat works, although some kids tried to run off the stage. The performance was altogether a success. They liked watching all of the kids participate. Joseph ends the play with leading everyone in singing "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee." The producer asks if they're going to do it again next year and the lost girls say no way. 

JB and Michelle thank everyone for coming and say they have refreshments available. Jessa goes up on stage and gives them the photos of the grand kids (with Israel & Sam blurred out). Everyone talks about what Christmas means to them. 

Next week: JD films a video for his soon to be born daughter, the Seewalds decorate bird houses, Abbie gives birth to Grace.

Who was this play for? Just themselves? Sounds riveting. 

• Upvote 10

What is the point of this show?!? A Christmas pageant airing in August and next week will show the birth of a baby who is now almost 8 months old. 

Why, TLC? Are the ratings really good or are they just airing the material they have filmed to run out the clock and contract with JB? 

I just struggle to believe that actual Duggar fans are so riveted by this completely out of date footage and the return of the original 19kac format. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Why would they even put those pictures in an epi? It’s not like a wedding or funeral where Izzy and Sam can be discreetly edited out.  You’d think that highlighting the Dillards’ absence would be bad for the Duggar(tm) brand. 

Looks like TLC is deliberately trying to stir controversy...

I bet they blurred them because Jill and Derick had to approve them being shown on the show, and we know they wouldn't.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

It was for 'members of the community.' Lots of extended family (like the Caldwells) and maybe people from their church.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Does anyone have any info/speculation on the schoolhouse/church Jana renovated? Like... she's done a nice job but what is the point? Are they leaving their current church and setting up their own home-church again?

I wonder if they are going to rent it out for community events? It’s an increasingly common way of “reinventing” old churches that don’t have active congregations. The church I used to attend did that when they couldn’t afford upkeep of the gorgeous but very old sanctuary. The small remaining congregation meets in the fellowship hall on Sundays, and the sanctuary is available to rent for concerts, weddings, etc...

4 hours ago, llg1234 said:

It was for 'members of the community.' Lots of extended family (like the Caldwells) and maybe people from their church.

so inlaws basically 

• Haha 9

7 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

I actually think in a family that size it is a nice that they do stuff like that (if they were a nice normal family). If i had a large family or extended family i think something like that would be awesome. I am a bit of a nerd and would also enjoy organising family olympics, family world cup. I don't actually have a large family so I could be blowing it out of my arse and would be like ah cant be arsed in real life.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

It took me a while to figure out who was blurred out. I even paused it. It’s Israel and Sam. I guess they’re not allowed to be shown on camera. 

• Upvote 1

I’m glad Izzy and Sam were included on Jessa’s photo. I felt bad for them when she didn’t even mention them, but I guess she can’t. It’s too bad that Izzy and Sam couldn’t be included in the Nativity play. I fully support the Dillard’s choice not to have their children featured on television. However, I think Izzy would’ve been a great Angel Gabriel and Sam would’ve liked being a sheep. I hope they do continue having a relationship with their Duggar cousins. 

As far as episodes go, I didn’t mind this one. It’s too bad they aired this episode eight months after it was filmed. Too long. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Markie said:

I’m glad Izzy and Sam were included on Jessa’s photo. I felt bad for them when she didn’t even mention them, but I guess she can’t. It’s too bad that Izzy and Sam couldn’t be included in the Nativity play. I fully support the Dillard’s choice not to have their children featured on television. However, I think Izzy would’ve been a great Angel Gabriel and Sam would’ve liked being a sheep. I hope they do continue having a relationship with their Duggar cousins. 

As far as episodes go, I didn’t mind this one. It’s too bad they aired this episode eight months after it was filmed. Too long. 

The image is only blurred for TV. The portrait in itself isn't blurred. I'd be MORE sad that a portrait of all the grandkids DIDN'T include the Dillards. And I agree, probably Jessa didn't mention them because she knew it would be edited out anyway. Despite the fact that Jill and Derick's relationship with Jim Bob may not be on the best terms, Izzy and Sam are not responsable for that. And Jim Bob and Michelle might be toxic AF, but Idon't think they have completly shun the little guys. No kid should feel rejected.

From Instagram posts and stories, I think Jill sees some of her married siblings for play dates with the kids (Jessa and I think Joy was seen on Insta visiting). Even if I suppose that these playdates are less frequent than they were before, at least it shows that some of the adult kids have not completly cut ties with their sister. Another example that comes to mind is Josiah and Lauren having Jill present to support Lauren during her labour. Jill was also present for Ivy's birth. Little things like that gives me hope that at least some of the married Duggars have a better judgement than Jim Bob and still harbor some sibling affection for Jill.

EDIT: Another reason me thinks this is Jill and Derick's request is because Josh's kids aren't blurred. Even if Josh is now persona non grata, probably that Anna and Josh don't mind that the M'Kids appear on TV.

Edited by Vivi_music
Added something
  • Upvote 15

Personally, I think limited contact with their cousins will be good for Izzy and Sam in the long run. Once they have friends from school, they won’t need them as much for social interaction. Besides, how long until their cousins start saying weird things about their going to school? Or questioning their salvation?

Of course, JB might see it the other way, as the Dillard kids posing a risk for the rest of the grandkids’ souls. It’s silly, but well... I suppose the level of contact with the Dillards will also show just how deep in it each of the couples are, especially the ones with kids around their ages.

• Upvote 10

They put up the non blurred version. It actually is a lovely and thoughtful idea from jessa. I swear I’m not a duggar hugger. 
Ok I’m having a ditsy moment  or I’m finally not keeping the gkids straight  two more born since then annabell and the new baby for joy the last three Girls are for Abbie Lauren and Kendra who has been born since then excerpt joys new one  I bet the answer is obvious  

C960DC82-934E-464D-9E5B-41476514DEAF.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Ask question
  • Upvote 5

The last three little baby girls on the photo from left to right are Kendra's Addison, Lauren's Bella and Anna's Maryella, the three November babies. Abbie's Grace was born in January (so is not in the photo from December), and Joy's Baby Girl just now on 21 August. Joy's stillbirthed/miscarriaged girl called Annabell is not there. 

Here is a list of all the Duggar children and grandchildren with names and dates of birth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_On 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I actually think in a family that size it is a nice that they do stuff like that (if they were a nice normal family). If i had a large family or extended family i think something like that would be awesome. I am a bit of a nerd and would also enjoy organising family olympics, family world cup. I don't actually have a large family so I could be blowing it out of my arse and would be like ah cant be arsed in real life.

I'm all for organizing family events but the Duggars half ass everything.  They are like how can we get the most attention on ourselves, do a story-line for a our boring ass show, but at the same time do the least amount of actual work possible. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

4 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

The last three little baby girls on the photo from left to right are Kendra's Addison, Lauren's Bella and Anna's Maryella, the three November babies. Abbie's Grace was born in January (so is not in the photo from December), and Joy's Baby Girl just now on 21 August. Joy's stillbirthed/miscarriaged girl called Annabell is not there. 

Here is a list of all the Duggar children and grandchildren with names and dates of birth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_On 

Oh yes. Grace. I had her in my head and then forgot her. Cheers 

I definitely don’t think blurring Israel & Sam was TLC or Jim Bob trying to stir up anything. I’m pretty certain it was by Jill & Derick’s request, and I respect them for that.  

Now on the other hand, Anna’s Instagram post was super weird, and I wish they would stop trying to push themselves back into the show. Whether Anna knew the extremities of Josh’s past offenses, she has known about them for years and chose to marry him and stay with him, even after an infidelity scandal. I think she needs to accept her choices, step back and keep her kids out of the limelight. Continuing to exploit your kids for fame considering their dad’s fall from grace can’t end well. When those kids are old enough to understand, if they are ever able to get past all of the “forgive & forget” crap that they’re inevitably going to be taught (and that might take a loooong time), I can’t imagine the humiliation and scrutiny they will experience continuing to grow up in the public eye. I don’t know if I need to be verified to say this, but I used to be friends with Anna pre-scandal/back when I was a fundie homeschool ATI-er (I have talked about the Duggars & Bates before on Big Sandy threads), and I felt awful for her when Josh publicly “confessed” and disappeared to Jesus rehab. But it didn’t take long for me to not feel bad for her anymore... Joshgate and the response was a huge wake-up call for me in distancing myself from the Duggars/IBLP and leaving fundamentalism. 

• Upvote 21

14 minutes ago, Marionette said:

I definitely don’t think blurring Israel & Sam was TLC or Jim Bob trying to stir up anything. I’m pretty certain it was by Jill & Derick’s request, and I respect them for that.  

I agree that Jill and Derick did request the blurring, but my question is, why did TLC make this a storyline to begin with, knowing that they probably weren’t going to be allowed to show Izzy and Sam’s faces? They’ve had to edit out the Dillards several times before, why not just leave it to the Duggars to show the gift on their own social media? I don’t think it was Boob’s idea, but I absolutely think TLC did it to create more interest in the show. 

• Upvote 3

Is crazy to think that this December if they choose to do it again they will have to update by three kids and it will already be old since we already know of Kendra due in February and by December there could easily be at least another pregnancy 

They will probably just update every couple of years just to include as many new grands as possible 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic