IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

57 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Why?

Because all of this speculation has me super curious....and on top of that we all know there are multiple relationships happening on one level or another. To go another season with nothing but repeats of BS would be aggravating.

TVPassport still has a date....

1164CA3E-E460-49EC-B2D3-1541230BF0D1.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
Remove text speak.
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, Ever said:

Bc all of this speculation has me super curious....and on top of that we all know there are multiple relationships happening on one level or another. To go another season w nothing but repeats of Bs would be aggravating.

TVPassport still has a date....

1164CA3E-E460-49EC-B2D3-1541230BF0D1.png

Yes, it seems that there are several relationships happening. They don’t seem to announce lately until it’s a done deal.  We’ll just have to wait until the 22nd then. ?

• Upvote 6

All this waiting is killing me. I want to know I hate waiting for long in everything, or you tell me in a reasonable amount of time or you wait till like a week or so before. Just release an interview and call it done ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I doubt we'll have long to wait they will probably announce in the next couple of weeks. Don't they usually announce a courtship before the episode airs? I just want to know who it is.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

All this waiting is killing me. I want to know I hate waiting for long in everything, or you tell me in a reasonable amount of time or you wait till like a week or so before. Just release an interview and call it done ?

I'm honestly a little embarrassed how curious I am about this. In my defense, covid has me bored out of my mind and I've been distracting myself with fundie shenanigans to keep my mind off sending my kids back to school. 

But still- I have spent way too much time thinking about which one it is and who they're paired with. I want answers, Duggars! ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I doubt we'll have long to wait they will probably announce in the next couple of weeks. Don't they usually announce a courtship before the episode airs? I just want to know who it is.

Yeah, does anyone know the typical timing to announcement and then courtship episode? It’s been so long, I can’t remember the last courtship and how that played out. 

• Upvote 2

Would it be more likely to be a couple who live further apart? As the quarantine would make it harder to see each other, as opposed to for example the Caldwells, which live pretty nearby, so they could probably more easily get away with seeing the Caldwells, and it wouldn't feel quite as quarantine-ish, I would think. 

• Upvote 5

You think they are still courting since is a long-distance couple instead of being next like the Caldwell and this is why TLC has changed the dates? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

You think they are still courting since is a long-distance couple instead of being next like the Caldwell and this is why TLC has changed the dates? 

Where did you see any info on TLC about a courtship? I haven’t seen any episode descriptions beyond the next 2. Also, how likely are they to have a quarantine special at the end of a season since they already did one at the beginning?

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 1

JinJer had a long distance courtship despite no quarantine.  So did Jill and Derick, for that matter, although since he was on the other side of the world it was probably a bit different.  Since the Duggars have both pilots and planes in the family I'm sure any couple courting long distance right now would be treated just like in any normal time - supervised Skype calls and texts as well as occasional visits.  These folks have already shown they don't respect quarantine rules so anything else is likely just playing it up for TLC.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
removing an unnecessary tag
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Where did you see any info on TLC about a courtship? I haven’t seen any episode descriptions beyond the next 2. Also, how likely are they to have a quarantine special at the end of a season since they already did one at the beginning?

It’s on TV Passport, not TLC’s website. (Also on Wikipedia now, though anyone can add that) 

I think it’s very likely they’d end with the courtship episode in quarantine. They obviously skip around in the timeline so that wouldn’t matter. And they’d want to end the season with a courtship announcement. 

• I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Ever said:

It’s on TV Passport, not TLC’s website. (Also on Wikipedia now, though anyone can add that) 

I think it’s very likely they’d end with the courtship episode in quarantine. They obviously skip around in the timeline so that wouldn’t matter. And they’d want to end the season with a courtship announcement. 

A season ending in a courtship announcement wouldn’t surprise me, they’ve done that before. I was just questioning why @Italiangirl feels that TLC changed the date of the episode since TLC hasn’t had that episode description on their site. The only place we’ve seen that is on Passport TV which I’m not familiar with and not sure how accurate it is. My cable Box has info on 2 upcoming episodes. After the next episode I should be able to see if there is anything beyond Jinger’s pregnancy announcement.

• Upvote 2

I saw it first on Tumblr and by the dates initially, I thought it was to air around September 8 then it was said September 15 now the dates seem to have disappeared. 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

I saw it first on Tumblr and by the dates initially, I thought it was to air around September 8 then it was said September 15 now the dates seem to have disappeared. 

Right, but didn’t the tumblr also get the information from Passport TV? Seems that’s where the info originated from, not TLC.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it was from Passport tv at the start but the site has been proven to be accurate before. This is why y it has been taken for good and not as a speculation 

I checked back on the Instagram accounts.  Claire is now following a few of the Duggar family members and some other known/talked about fundies.  Katey Nakatsu is also following her.  As for the Justin account I'm still suspicious of whether it's real or not.  Becky M found the account and is  now following it 

Edited by Nashville92
  • Upvote 4

I just saw an ad for Counting On titled A Quarantine Courtship, but no clues were given.  I know it airs this month.  Who could it be?

edit: Just once I’d like to not be late to the party!

Edited by Don'tlikekoolaid
Old news
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

Hey, I know theres still a lot of frustration here, but honestly im a teeny tiny bit proud of tlc for FINALLY not keeping us like a YEAR behind updated duggar info. now regardless, quarantine was like 5 months ago but for some reason it seems like things arent quite so lagging anymore

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I just saw an ad for Counting On titled A Quarantine Courtship, but no clues were given.  I know it airs this month.  Who could it be?

edit: Just once I’d like to not be late to the party!

Where did you see the ad? Was it a preview or what kind of ad was it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ever said:

Where did you see the ad? Was it a preview or what kind of ad was it?

It was a very short preview, just a teaser, for an upcoming show to be shown this month.  All they showed was the picture of all the Duggars and spouses.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

21 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

It was a very short preview, just a teaser, for an upcoming show to be shown this month.  All they showed was the picture of all the Duggars and spouses.

Okay..... now I’m going to try to hunt it down ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, seashell1025 said:

Hey, I know theres still a lot of frustration here, but honestly im a teeny tiny bit proud of tlc for FINALLY not keeping us like a YEAR behind updated duggar info. now regardless, quarantine was like 5 months ago but for some reason it seems like things arent quite so lagging anymore

IDK, since we've been in stay at home time seems to have lost its meaning. I feel like I'm in a stasis chamber on a spaceship, in suspended animation. When I wake up, will it be a new and improved March of 2020 or April 2035?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 3

So I guess if this courting couple gets married in the next 6 months we'll be seeing a Covid edition of a Big Fat Duggar Wedding. At least if it's a parking lot reception people will be outside and socially distanced. There probably won't be a mega entourage of Duggar and inlaws shopping for the wedding dress, or maybe they'll wear masks? CinderJana will likely be tasked with making matching masks for all the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/5/2020 at 4:44 AM, Ever said:

Yeah, does anyone know the typical timing to announcement and then courtship episode? It’s been so long, I can’t remember the last courtship and how that played out. 

I'll collect the data for the more recently married couples

John and Abbie

Courtship Announced - June 26, 2018

Courtship Episode - October 1, 2018 (at the end of the episode John introduced us to Abbie)

Josiah and Lauren

Courtship Announced - January 23, 2018

Courtship Episode - July 30, 2018

Joe and Kendra

Courtship Announced - March 8, 2017

Courtship Episode - On the July 10, 2017 episode of Counting On, Joe asked Daddy Caldwell if he could court Kendra. We were officially introduced to Kendra on the Aftershow special aired on July 17, 2017

Joy and Austin 

Courtship announced - November 15, 2016

Courtship Episode - February 27, 2017

So the courtships are generally announced about 3-6 months before the episode airs. 

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic