IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

I just hope that the Dillards are included/invited to family events, holidays etc...that are not being filmed. I agree that the blurring out was at the request of the Dillards, and I respect them for stopping the exploitation of their boys. Anna is likely pushing for financial reasons. Perhaps her husband could get a better paying or second job? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

One reason the Dillards may not want Izzy and Sam shown is because Izzy is going to public school. I recognized Mack, Israel and Spurgeon. The rest were a blur, which is fine by me. Nice gift though.

• Upvote 6

Screenshot_20200826-230841_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.c9912fd2930f4924f671ed9868cb8355.jpgScreenshot_20200826-230829_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.bc148c273a6b8221b26e1317bfcdc296.jpg

Found this on Tumblr, possibly a Duggar-Caldwell courtship? Or just the usual teasing by Tlc? 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Screenshot_20200826-230841_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.c9912fd2930f4924f671ed9868cb8355.jpgScreenshot_20200826-230829_Tumblr.thumb.jpg.bc148c273a6b8221b26e1317bfcdc296.jpg

Found this on Tumblr, possibly a Duggar-Caldwell courtship? Or just the usual teasing by Tlc? 

If it's a legit episode description, then I'd say there's actually a for-real courtship this time. Maybe Lauren Caldwell and a Howler, maybe someone totally different, but if it were just a tease it would be along the lines of, "Could we maybe see a new courtship soon?" It's not so definite when they're just trying to drum up viewers and they know they have nothing. 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Is crazy to think that this December if they choose to do it again they will have to update by three kids and it will already be old since we already know of Kendra due in February and by December there could easily be at least another pregnancy 

They will probably just update every couple of years just to include as many new grands as possible 

Jessa should have put a title on top of the print: Duggar Grand Children as of December 2019 ?

And I agree with @Marionette about the fact that Anna is totally exploiting her kids, in order to stay relevant in the public's eyes. Because let's be real, only the die hard humpers would continue to follow her on social media if it was only her and Josh without children.

The kids probably attract a few curious casual followers here and there (because kids are cute and all). I also think this might be the reason she continues to have kids with Josh and will keep having a few if they is able. Because it is her way to at least try to stay relevant and regain a bit of what they used to have when they were part of the show's cast.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I'm guessing it's Jeremiah. He's been careful not to say anything about his relationship status when asked in talking heads, and has been featured a ton this season. 

I also think there's someone involved with Lauren Caldwell, but for some reason I feel like that will be announced later since she's so young still. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I was wondering why Lauren C. was so dressed up in that champagne/cream colored, lacy dress. It seemed pretty dressy. This was in the most recent Caldwell photo dump.

I say, Jer and Katey Nakatsu and/or Jason and Lauren C.  I’m holding out hope James is the chaperone.

Lauren is 20, so she’s not as young as Kendra or OG Lauren when they were courting.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I say, Jer and Katey Nakatsu and/or Jason and Lauren C.  I’m holding out hope James is the chaperone.

Lauren is 20, so she’s not as young as Kendra or OG Lauren when they were courting.

Wasn’t Jeramiah photographed w Jinger, Jeremy, Jed and JB In Arizona W masks on? So while I’m hoping this is finally the Caldwell announcement- I think it’ll be Jer and Katey.

So, if it is Jeramiah, what happens to his and Jed's house? Does Jed move back home? Surely a newlywed couple wouldn't want brother living with them. If they get another house, who will sleep in the room with Jed?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I was wondering why Lauren C. was so dressed up in that champagne/cream colored, lacy dress. It seemed pretty dressy. This was in the most recent Caldwell photo dump.

I thought that too. I hated that off colour shirt she had under it though. It was so pretty with out it. It looked like a wedding shower or a beach wedding dress. 

• I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So, if it is Jeramiah, what happens to his and Jed's house? Does Jed move back home? Surely a newlywed couple wouldn't want brother living with them. If they get another house, who will sleep in the room with Jed?

I have a feeling that Jed is going to be married off shortly after the election, no matter the outcome. That way he’ll avoid the moving back to TTH scenario. If he does win the election, it looks a lot better for a wife to accompany him to LR rather than Jana ?.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I think they’re both courting or will be soon and they get married around the same time 

i was think about this a few days ago- so the kids are under the umbrella of protection from their mother and father or whatever. And they clearly promote child abuse as a way of teaching them to be Godly. The wife is under the husbands umbrella... so does he “discipline” her too? Since he is the head of the house and such what does that entail when your wife goes against what you want? 

Edited by Daisy0322
Eta
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ever said:

Wasn’t Jeramiah photographed w Jinger, Jeremy, Jed and JB In Arizona W masks on? So while I’m hoping this is finally the Caldwell announcement- I think it’ll be Jer and Katey.

Yes. Jer, Boob, and JinJer were standing together and Boob had his arm on Jer’s shoulder. Jed! was a bit off to the side holding Felicity. I think Katey was with them, just not in the picture. They weren’t far from her home.

• Upvote 6

Jer and Katey makes sense. Would Jed potentially be paired with that Lydia girl? How old is she? If I remember right, she's Anna's protege, so I could see her being drawn/pushed towards smug Jed who looks and sounds like Josh at the height of his smugness. 

Which still leaves the Lauren Caldwell neverending Jason or James debate.

I feel like once one Howler marries, they're all going to follow pretty quickly. 

• Upvote 12

48 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

Jer and Katey makes sense. Would Jed potentially be paired with that Lydia girl? How old is she? If I remember right, she's Anna's protege, so I could see her being drawn/pushed towards smug Jed who looks and sounds like Josh at the height of his smugness. 

Which still leaves the Lauren Caldwell neverending Jason or James debate.

I feel like once one Howler marries, they're all going to follow pretty quickly. 

And then there's Justin all cozy with the oldest Spivy girl. The Howlers will be married in even quicker succession than the older girls minus Jana. Then the grandkids will be way too overwhelming to keep track of. Just how they like it, but what a weird family life. It's absolutely possible to love that many kids, kids-in-law, and grandkids, but not to truly know and support them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

And then there's Justin all cozy with the oldest Spivy girl. The Howlers will be married in even quicker succession than the older girls minus Jana. Then the grandkids will be way too overwhelming to keep track of. Just how they like it, but what a weird family life. It's absolutely possible to love that many kids, kids-in-law, and grandkids, but not to truly know and support them.

Hope JB’s investments are secure and raking in the dough so they can house and feed all those dependents.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

On 8/26/2020 at 10:29 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I agree that Jill and Derick did request the blurring, but my question is, why did TLC make this a storyline to begin with, knowing that they probably weren’t going to be allowed to show Izzy and Sam’s faces? They’ve had to edit out the Dillards several times before, why not just leave it to the Duggars to show the gift on their own social media? I don’t think it was Boob’s idea, but I absolutely think TLC did it to create more interest in the show. 

That’s a good point. Very weird...

My guess for the courtship announcement is Justin, though I don’t necessarily want it to be — he’s not even 18 yet. Will he end up being the youngest Duggar to marry? I believe the Spivey girl is older than him. 

5 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I think they’re both courting or will be soon and they get married around the same time 

i was think about this a few days ago- so the kids are under the umbrella of protection from their mother and father or whatever. And they clearly promote child abuse as a way of teaching them to be Godly. The wife is under the husbands umbrella... so does he “discipline” her too? Since he is the head of the house and such what does that entail when your wife goes against what you want? 

I think I’m some families, physical discipline for wives probably does happen. Christian domestic discipline is a thing. If you have a strong stomach, google it. 

• Sad 3

Is the episode for September 8th the finale? If so, based on the posted description, it looks like they'll be caught up until April since is mentions Abbie's birthday. The one for the 1st mentions Joy announcing her pregnancy around January and the one for the 8th mentions Jinger announcing. Both make sense.

What if it really is a surprise and it's Jana? Realistically I'm expecting Jer, Jason or James. I don't think it's Jed because of him running for office and don't think it'll happen for him until after the election. Whoever it is I expect an announcement in the next 2 weeks before the episode.

• Upvote 2

The Spivey girl is older.  I think by maybe a year or year and a half.  Pretty  sure she's 19.  I'm still thinking it's her and Justin.  Her family was on last night's episode, they were on Jed's Instagram recently visiting the family, a few family members follow her mom on Instagram, and they were also at Joy's gender reveal I think.

• Upvote 2

It's up on the wikipedia page as James courting Lauren Caldwell. No source though, os will probably be removed soon.

34 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I think I’m some families, physical discipline for wives probably does happen. Christian domestic discipline is a thing. If you have a strong stomach, google it. 

Definitely don't google it at work.

I have long said this is a major element to this lifestyle for some of these fundies, which is fine up until the moment they bring their kids into their lifestyle and pushing it on others.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Definitely don't google it at work.

I have long said this is a major element to this lifestyle for some of these fundies, which is fine up until the moment they bring their kids into their lifestyle and pushing it on others.

Yes, it’s 100% NSFW. I think there’s a kinky aspect to it which is fine as long as both husband and wife are consenting; however, I don’t think that’s the case. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, princessmahina said:

I think there’s a kinky aspect to it which is fine as long as both husband and wife are consenting; however, I don’t think that’s the case. 

I thought that's what you were talking about which I agree is fine as long as they are consenting adults.  But when you deliberately raise your children to adopt this dynamic as well and expect others to do so....you're now involving non-consenting people into your deal and that's completely wrong.

I absolutely believe that's a major draw for many of these couples and they can't just admit they enjoy that so they have to cloak it in religious nonsense so they don't have to feel guilty.  Instead of enjoying their dynamic and leaving bystanders out of it.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic