IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

32 minutes ago, medimus said:

It's up on the wikipedia page as James courting Lauren Caldwell. No source though, os will probably be removed soon.

Where do you see it? I have search it on the show page on wiki and haven't saw it...maybe it has already been removed ?

How long before the the Duggar/Bates bogus Medical Relief Charity cosplayers drive down to Louisiana and start poking their noses where they don't belong? I think we'll have selfies of a preening, armed Lawson Bates flexing his biceps in front of Hurricane rubble by Saturday evening at the latest.

I guess Austin won't go because he's a new dad, but we'll probably see John David,* Josiah and some of the howlers involved.

*Fun fact: John David is a pilot

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

How long before the the Duggar/Bates bogus Medical Relief Charity cosplayers drive down to Louisiana and start poking their noses where they don't belong? I think we'll have selfies of a preening, armed Lawson Bates flexing his biceps in front of Hurricane rubble by Saturday evening at the latest.

I guess Austin won't go because he's a new dad, but we'll probably see John David,* Josiah and some of the howlers involved.

*Fun fact: John David is a pilot

Do you know how fucking pissed I would be were I in a crisis situation and anxiously awaiting assistance and these silly poseurs showed up?

Cosplay is dead on.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do you know how fucking pissed I would be were I in a crisis situation and anxiously awaiting assistance and these silly poseurs showed up?

Cosplay is dead on.

Doncha know, they'll pray for you and, if you're really lucky, they may even give you a salvation tract. Food, water, other things you need? You just think you need them if you've lost everything.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Where do you see it? I have search it on the show page on wiki and haven't saw it...maybe it has already been removed ?

Yeah it was on the wiki page in the column were it lists who they are married to. With no citation, i didn't think it would last.

13 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I think I’m some families, physical discipline for wives probably does happen. Christian domestic discipline is a thing. If you have a strong stomach, google it. 

It’s interesting not a single fundie has ever brought it up though.... it does seem likely. Unless by the time the girls are married off they no longer are capable of independent thoughts anyway 

I googled it and it wasn't a good idea.

BTW: I think Spanky has this nickname because he once stated to physically discipline his late wife.

• Upvote 2

I can't decide if the new couple will come public before the ep air in 2 weeks or if they will wait for the show, I could see it both ways. Like they could announce next week with a People article or an insta post, or they could wait for the 8 September and just release an interview saying something like "for more tune in tonight and watch the show". What do you think? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I can't decide if the new couple will come public before the ep air in 2 weeks or if they will wait for the show, I could see it both ways. Like they could announce next week with a People article or an insta post, or they could wait for the 8 September and just release an interview saying something like "for more tune in tonight and watch the show". What do you think? 

Every time I think it would help the show more to let it be a surprise on air, they announce ahead of time, so I'm going to guess we'll hear about it in the next couple weeks. Honestly if it's only Lauren and Jason/James, I'll be a little disappointed since that's been rumored and hinted at forever. But maybe it's more than one and that's the real surprise? 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it would be so much better for the show if they release a very short article and said for more watch tonight on TLC etc, I don't get why they never think about the show, isn't that their ministry? 

• Upvote 2

Next week's episode is called Meet Gracie Duggar. Not sure about 9/8, which is the rumored courtship announcement episode.

The ‘Quarantine Courtship’ episode is due to air on 22nd September. I’m the one who originally found the episode description, posted it on social media and it’s been shared from there. The episode descriptions on TV Passport have been pretty accurate thus far.  

I think the courtship will be Jason/Lauren or Jer/Katey. They could possibly be deliberately drumming up rumours about a Lauren courtship to prevent the truth coming out before the real announcement. All the unmarried Duggar boys are either at or about to reach the courtship age now though so in the next few years there could be another flood of weddings (and babies).

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

The ‘Quarantine Courtship’ episode is due to air on 22nd September. I’m the one who originally found the episode description, posted it on social media and it’s been shared from there. The episode descriptions on TV Passport have been pretty accurate thus far.  

I think the courtship will be Jason/Lauren or Jer/Katey. They could possibly be deliberately drumming up rumours about a Lauren courtship to prevent the truth coming out before the real announcement. All the unmarried Duggar boys are either at or about to reach the courtship age now though so in the next few years there could be another flood of weddings (and babies).

Did you happen to see the episode titled “Jana’s Secret Garden” ??? (I saw this on reddit)

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Ever said:

Did you happen to see the episode titled “Jana’s Secret Garden” ??? (I saw this on reddit)

Yes I did, it airs on September 15th. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Yes I did, it airs on September 15th. 

Thanks! I wonder what the hell that will be about lol secret garden?!? Like what she has a secret patch she escapes from the family in? ?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Ever said:

Did you happen to see the episode titled “Jana’s Secret Garden” ???

All I think of when I see this is "My Secret Garden" a '70s compilation of women's sexual fantasies. I was just brazen enough back then to read it. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 3

31 minutes ago, Bobology said:

All I think of when I see this is "My Secret Garden" a '70s compilation of women's sexual fantasies. I was just brazen enough back then to read it. ?

I didn’t read it but it popped into my head too! ? (I might need to read it now though.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I was thinking along the similar lines (though I've never heard of this book).  Instead it was the idiom "Lady Garden"...

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

It could be two courtships just to spice shit up ?

I’m actually wondering if they’ll just announce the Jer/Katey and James/Lauren courtships at the same time for exactly this reason. They haven’t had two kids courting at the same time since Jill and Jessa I think? It could maybe bump the ratings and gear up to two weddings the next season depending on when the boys propose and where the show is at timeline wise. I don’t think they’ll announce the Justin/Spivy girl’s for a bit still since Justin is really young still. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, Bobology said:

I haven’t read that book. But I was getting sexual vibes off the title of the episode. But then again I am dirty minded lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:10 AM, Bobology said:

Omg, I thought about that book too! I remember reading it when I was a teenager. I think it had been mentioned in Cosmo or something and I got curious.  I’m guessing it was Cosmo, that was the most exposure I had to any sort of sex talk from the female perspective in the mid-90s as I went to a Christian school and the internet wasn’t really a common thing yet. So I found it at the library, hid it in a giant stack of books I was checking out hoping the librarian wouldn’t notice it, and ran straight to my room and hid it under my mattress. I spent the next couple of weeks reading it in bits and pieces trying not to let my parents or siblings catch on, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic