IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

I wouldn't be surprised if it's *two* courtship announcements in the same epi...they like to hijack each other's announcements, and since weddings and babies are their only schtick, they have to do something to keep it interesting...

• I Agree 7

47 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's *two* courtship announcements in the same epi...they like to hijack each other's announcements, and since weddings and babies are their only schtick, they have to do something to keep it interesting...

Even more so since it's been nothing but babies for the last 2 years. The most recent Duggar wedding was almost 2 years ago so a courtship would make a nice change of pace.

Or the whole thing could be total click bait... ?

Edited by becky_m2001
  • Upvote 5

It’s totally gonna be clickbait, lol. The whole thing is gonna be like one of the kids helping a close friend we’ve never met plan their courtship proposal to someone else we never met.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

If by some miracle this courtship IS actually Jana, who in the world would be courting? All the so-called fundie royalty is already married off. Chad Paine and his brothers, Brandon Keilen, so on and so forth. Is there anyone left in their inner circle that's the right age for Jana? Or is it someone totally random like Jeremy was?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, becky_m2001 said:

If by some miracle this courtship IS actually Jana, who in the world would be courting? All the so-called fundie royalty is already married off. Chad Paine and his brothers, Brandon Keilen, so on and so forth. Is there anyone left in their inner circle that's the right age for Jana? Or is it someone totally random like Jeremy was?

I’m also curious about this. I just saw the preview for the next episode. The fact that they’re really putting Jana in the spotlight is confusing. I don’t think other kids have had episodes dedicated to them. Maybe they’re just trying to promote her to find her a man! 

I know a bunch of you watch the new episodes before they come out. How and where do you do that? When does it come out online?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Is there an unmarried Collinsworth son?

15 hours ago, donnal said:

It’s totally gonna be clickbait, lol. The whole thing is gonna be like one of the kids helping a close friend we’ve never met plan their courtship proposal to someone else we never met.

Jana helping someone else plan a proposal. Wasn’t she recently shown on IG helping James tile a shower? Does James own a house? 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Is there an unmarried Collinsworth son?

Nope. The only Collingsworth son is Philip Jr and he's married with a kid.

1 hour ago, Ever said:

I’m also curious about this. I just saw the preview for the next episode. The fact that they’re really putting Jana in the spotlight is confusing. I don’t think other kids have had episodes dedicated to them. Maybe they’re just trying to promote her to find her a man! 

I know a bunch of you watch the new episodes before they come out. How and where do you do that? When does it come out online?

The episodes sometimes drop on the TLC website the day they're scheduled to air.

• Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Ever said:

I think they’re just trying to pull and bait and switch by putting Janna at the forefront of the next episode and then teasing a courtship episode for the week after that. They have been teasing a courtship for her for years and if it really is her, I will be truly shocked. There are so many clues pointing to the fact that at least one or more howlers is in a relationship that it would be shocking if Jana came out of nowhere and had someone. I honestly think she’d be like Nathan Bates and not publicize the relationship and keep it quiet for as long as possible. She’s seen all her sisters go through public courtships and I bet she doesn’t want all the same hoopla after all the speculation she’s been getting for years. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

20 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I think they’re just trying to pull and bait and switch by putting Janna at the forefront of the next episode and then teasing a courtship episode for the week after that. They have been teasing a courtship for her for years and if it really is her, I will be truly shocked. There are so many clues pointing to the fact that at least one or more howlers is in a relationship that it would be shocking if Jana came out of nowhere and had someone. I honestly think she’d be like Nathan Bates and not publicize the relationship and keep it quiet for as long as possible. She’s seen all her sisters go through public courtships and I bet she doesn’t want all the same hoopla after all the speculation she’s been getting for years. 

But would Jim Bob allow her that privacy?  He would have to see that a Jana courtship would be ratings gold (based on the show's regular viewership anyway) and would probably guarantee another season at least.  How much control would she really have over it?  The Bates boys are allowed a lot more freedom than the Duggar girls(at least while they're still at home) so I'd be surprised if she had the option to not publicize any relationship she was in if it reached the courtship phase. I mean I hope she has at least that much control over her life, but I'm not so sure.

(I agree though that it's probably a bait and switch and I will be very surprised if it turns out to be her)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Looking back at the Instagram accounts Abbie now follows Claire from her separate account.  I feel almost certain Claire's is real.  As far as Justin's and Jer's I'm on the fence.  No one in the family follows but some known fundies do so I'm not too sure on theirs 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Looking back at the Instagram accounts Abbie now follows Claire from her separate account.  I feel almost certain Claire's is real.  As far as Justin's and Jer's I'm on the fence.  No one in the family follows but some known fundies do so I'm not too sure on theirs 

I'm a little bit skeptical myself, but I figured it was better to follow them while they were still public rather than risk them going private later on.

• Upvote 2

According to a poster on Reddit Duggarsnark, looking at the preview for the quarantine courtship, the new couple will be Justin and Claire. Wow, he isn't even 18! Can someone confirm? I can't see the TLC video due to geoblocking.

21 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

According to a poster on Reddit Duggarsnark, looking at the preview for the quarantine courtship, the new couple will be Justin and Claire. Wow, he isn't even 18! Can someone confirm? I can't see the TLC video due to geoblocking.

I've looked for a video but I can't find one on the TLC website or any TLC social media accounts. Anything from Reddit should be taken with a giant grain of salt.

• Upvote 4

@becky_m2001 I figured, since last time I look there wasn't a link to actually see it, and if I don't see the source I'm pretty skeptical with this kind of things. Thanks for checking 

• Upvote 3

It's on the TLC website where they upload the episodes.  They said it's in the previews for next week.  This weeks episode is up but I can't watch as I don't have the TV subscription or whatever it is they're asking for.

• Upvote 2

I watched the clip.  They are all 'quarantine video chatting' (yeah right) at the very end.  Justin appears on screen (he's not at TTH?) and says, 'I do have some news for the family", the family acts surprised, and the clip ends.  It's weird that a 17yo Duggar is chatting from a non-TTH location with 'news'...do they expect us to believe the family doesn't already know?

Not convinced that the announcement is that *he's* courting, although that's the implication.  

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I've seen the pic of Justin and Claire and agree it's suspicious, but this is really weird to me. Given the family's views of relationships, why are they "allowing" a minor to court and make it a thing on TV? When that pic first circulated, Justin had just turned 17, and he won't be 18 until November. Even if they are that serious, don't the Duggar know by now that the rest of the world doesn't operate like that and delay the announcement until he's of age? That's likely what they did with Joy and Austin and maybe some of the other younger couples. It's so bizarre. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

https://streamable.com/epbb3m

This is the link that has been posted on Reddit. I don't know could he possibly announce for someone else? On the sub Duggarsnark, the nods are saying they have been contacted by some people who have confirmed it's him but.. ?‍♀️

• Thank You 3

On reddit there is also the speculation that they are dropping this announcement now either because it got leaked or because they needed something to keep interest in the show but there will be a longer engagement due to Covid.  (And then more discussion about how no one in Arkansas cares about Covid regulations or recommendations).

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

https://streamable.com/epbb3m

This is the link that has been posted on Reddit. I don't know could he possibly announce for someone else? On the sub Duggarsnark, the nods are saying they have been contacted by some people who have confirmed it's him but.. ?‍♀️

The mod in question is new and doesn't even know how old Claire is.  And I don't see how the mods 'would be contacted by people to confirm'. Who else would know that is willing to talk to a snark site?  

Jason doesn't appear in any of the video screens, BTW.  Justin could be announcing 'a courtship' and suddenly Jason joins him onscreen and surprise!  Jason is the one courting.  If the family is smart, this is what they would do...they know the public knows about Justin and Claire's relationship, so this is the perfect red herring.  

IMO, I think DuggarSnark jumped the gun. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
clarity
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

The mod in question is new and doesn't even know how old Claire is.  And I don't see how the mods 'would be contacted by people to confirm'. Who else would know that is willing to talk to a snark site?  

Jason doesn't appear in any of the video screens, BTW.  Justin could be announcing 'a courtship' and suddenly Jason joins him onscreen and surprise!  Jason is the one courting.  If the family is smart, this is what they would do...they know the public knows about Justin and Claire's relationship, so this is the perfect red herring.  

IMO, I think DuggarSnark jumped the gun. 

I really hope this is right.  
reading it was Justin was so deflating. I’m not excited about him at all! 

• I Agree 2

53 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I've seen the pic of Justin and Claire and agree it's suspicious, but this is really weird to me. Given the family's views of relationships, why are they "allowing" a minor to court and make it a thing on TV? When that pic first circulated, Justin had just turned 17, and he won't be 18 until November. Even if they are that serious, don't the Duggar know by now that the rest of the world doesn't operate like that and delay the announcement until he's of age? That's likely what they did with Joy and Austin and maybe some of the other younger couples. It's so bizarre. 

To be fair though, he is only a couple of months off 18, it's not like he has a year to go or something and due to covid, things are probably different. I think there will be another courtship announced soon too.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic