IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Thanks, @SassyPants this reminder helps me a little bit, but at the same time, it infuriates me even more, because ok that they think all in another way, but still if babies are a blessing ss you (fundie) says then why not taking care of that precious gift you have been trusted with? Why give it for granted? Don't you think that if someone (Jesus in this case) gives you something he will be more pleased to see that you are really taking care of it reader than left it for the new model/something you like more? 

Is like that after you open your gift at a party you say something like "oh thank you I really appreciate this, I really desired to have it, I would never dream to have such a beautiful gift..." And then you just throw it away for the next or just put it somewhere and forget almost every time except for a few times here and there 

In their eyes it must be ok to be cavalier with each blessing, because it truly is in God’s hands. He makes the ultimate decisions as to what happens, and then takes care of those hurt on Earth by giving eternal life. It’s the only way I can justify the odd, unsafe, laissez faire parenting practices, and the rush to add another and another.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In their eyes it must be ok to be cavalier with each blessing, because it truly is in God’s hands. He makes the ultimate decisions as to what happens, and then takes care of those hurt on Earth by giving eternal life. It’s the only way I can justify the odd, unsafe, laissez faire parenting practices, and the rush to add another and another.

I agree that's how they think, but damn, that's crazy abdication of responsibility as a parent. I guess that's why they think it's fine to become a parent when you're an uneducated teenager, since as far as they're concerned, it's all out of your hands anyway. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Here’s another thing with leaving it all up to God, it removes much of the blame, shame and worry, along with any illusion of control. From my very, very limited vantage point, Joy and Austin have seemingly dealt with Annabelle’s death very well. I’d say, based on what they have said, they are coping well, and likely better than many others would under those same circumstances. I can’t imagine losing a daughter at the same time that many of my SILs were pregnant with daughters. Yet, they readily conceived again and all seems well. For J and A’s sakes, I’m glad they have God, same with Anna Maxwell. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been waiting for fundies to start announcing. Many don’t social distance or wear masks. It’s bound to happen. I hope they didn’t give it to anyone else in the family.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I hope first they didn't pass it to Layla she is already sick as it is, she doesn't need COVID on top of it. Then I hope they haven't passed it to the older or frail member of the family. I guess we could say at least they recognize it is/was COVID? After hearing yesterday Marling Bontragers lecturing all the guess of her daughter wedding that COVID is a scam and is not real, exct exct this seems better somehow but the bar is really basically underground so is not so hard doing better I guess

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Hopefully she wasn’t contagious when she went to Joy’s shower. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

Oh God, you are right! But I think Joy should have since they went there more than a month ago I think and they have come down with symptoms only now. Did the shower was on the same trip for the 4th of July in which they have bought a car from Jed! 2020 or was it another trip?

• Upvote 4

I just realize that Jer I think is with the Bates family from a few days ago and if these two haven't properly isolated themselves (ah I wish!) They could have infected him and he could then bring it back to Arkansas when he goes back and creates another cluster ???

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

They went to Arkansas roughly July 4 weekend,  over a month ago,  

this week’s video had Carlin again taking Layla to the doctor for a “mystery rash” (it was hives).  But they didn’t know what had triggered it.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

I don’t see how Layla could have avoided it if her parents both have it. I wonder if they have someone else watching her for now? 

I thought of Joy’s shower too but the dates on IG were a while ago so I don’t think it would have been passed around then. But who knows. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

The church my brother attends (and drags his 6 innocent kids with him) does not social distance or wear masks at church. They all hug each other and stand around and socialize like there isn't a huge world pandemic going on. It makes me so mad. The pastors son just got diagnosed with covid a few days ago. I was hoping that would wake them up but I looked online this morning and they were all at church hugging, not social distancing and not wearing masks....even though someone in their own congregation just came down with it. I admit that I am a little "extra" with my mask wearing and social distancing but I'd rather be safe than sorry. People like this just make me so angry. They are the reason this will never go away. 

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

And they’ve turned off the comments. No surprise there.

Now the comments are back. Maybe they just needed some time to delete certain comments. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

My daughter’s SIL, a nurse, had COVID and she was told to stop BF her baby. Wonder if LR is nursing? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

I don’t see how Layla could have avoided it if her parents both have it. I wonder if they have someone else watching her for now? 

I thought of Joy’s shower too but the dates on IG were a while ago so I don’t think it would have been passed around then. But who knows. 

They were tested for Covid just before they travelled to visit Joy and they were negative at that time.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do they regularly attend Gil’s church?

I think they dont, but they regularly are around her family anyway. In her vlogs you can always see a brother or a sister at her house. In the last one Evan and Trace were playing some sport together.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Seems safe to assume all the Bates are going to contract Covid. Gee, never saw that coming!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I'm so disgusted by their behavior. They've been traveling all over the US since the pandemic has started, despite having a baby with medical issues. I want to hope this will be a wake up call to them, but it I know better. If anything, they're probably going to say it's not that bad since they apparently have a mild case. Even their Instagram post about it makes me rage.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

After all it’s just the flu right? [emoji35] They sure made it sound like it was. Probably it takes someone in their circle to die from it to wake them up.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

In addition to traveling, last week’s vlog had one of his sisters and her daughters visiting them, at their house.

Also, Evan’s electrician apprenticeship classes started back up and that last vlog had him attending a class in person.  There is a certain amount of hands on training and they weren’t sure how social distancing would work with that.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

58 minutes ago, Smash! said:

After all it’s just the flu right? emoji35.png They sure made it sound like it was. Probably it takes someone in their circle to die from it to wake them up.

I hate to say this, but at this point, I'm not sure even someone's death could be enough, they will claimed it was God's plan or it was his/her time or something along this lines. Maybe I'm beeding too dark but it seems that these people always find a way to cover up their asses even when realty slap them in the face. ??

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I'm so disgusted by their behavior. They've been traveling all over the US since the pandemic has started, despite having a baby with medical issues. I want to hope this will be a wake up call to them, but it I know better. If anything, they're probably going to say it's not that bad since they apparently have a mild case. Even their Instagram post about it makes me rage.

Ugh, I know it is BEC, but what is with the posey picture and the little pitiful eyes? ? Gosh, I'd hate if my life was always staged.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 17

12 hours ago, clueliss said:

In addition to traveling, last week’s vlog had one of his sisters and her daughters visiting them, at their house.

Also, Evan’s electrician apprenticeship classes started back up and that last vlog had him attending a class in person.  There is a certain amount of hands on training and they weren’t sure how social distancing would work with that.

And in the previous vlog to that one they had Alyssa with her girls visiting from Florida and staying at Carlins house, Kelly was there too. It would be really lucky if the whole family its not already ill.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later because they can't seem to keep their asses home when they should. Hope everyone will be ok.

• Upvote 14

Carlin and Evan are the biggest morons. I'm having such a hard time not saying they got what they deserved. I seriously pray for Layla's safety because for all their videos of taking her to the doctor, they clearly don't understand what being adults, let alone parents, actually mean.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic