IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. If you’re going to let a mobile toddler roam, I’d childproof first. Then again, I was a working mom and didn’t want to spend my limited time at home either away from my little ones or cleaning up more messes than necessary. Now, Carlin’s life as a mom is probably 180 from my experience...

I’ve been a stay at home mom for the entirety of my children’s lives and I childproofed the shit outta my house. If we were going to be home all the damn time, you best believe I wasn’t going to clean up plants that were knocked over. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

According to their last video, Carlin and Evan are taking a puppy, I saw the title (family of four) and just check if there was some pregnancy announcement, I haven't listened to the video so don't know if they are adopting (doubt) or buying and what kind of dog. I just hope the Stewart family will be a better owner than Carlin parents 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

According to their last video, Carlin and Evan are taking a puppy, I saw the title (family of four) and just check if there was some pregnancy announcement, I haven't listened to the video so don't know if they are adopting (doubt) or buying and what kind of dog. I just hope the Stewart family will be a better owner than Carlin parents 

Labradoodle. They travelled almost 7 hours each way to pick up the puppy. They mentioned it being an amish area and i know amish are know for breeding dogs so probably they bought it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6

Does anyone know what might be up with Evan's brother Ethan and his fiancée Grace, Ethan went private on instagram and Grace has posted photos and stories in over a month which is very unusual. there registry is still up so they could just be busy with wedding planning, but I feel like something more is going on, I don't have tiktok so I don't know if Ethan has been active on there, but what do u think? am I overreacting

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Does anyone know what might be up with Evan's brother Ethan and his fiancée Grace, Ethan went private on instagram and Grace has posted photos and stories in over a month which is very unusual. there registry is still up so they could just be busy with wedding planning, but I feel like something more is going on, I don't have tiktok so I don't know if Ethan has been active on there, but what do u think? am I overreacting

This would be Ethan second public broken relationship if so.

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2021 at 4:05 PM, artdecades said:

She posted that she was skiing on her trip so let’s hope she isn’t pregnant. 

Not a complete deterrent, if she’s early on in her pregnancy. Usually reserved for confident skiers though. But your baby is so tiny and your uterus hasn’t expanded, so it’s well protected. Just in case anyone in their first trimester has been considering hitting the slopes. 

• Upvote 3

As I get older and more practical, I have less and less patience for young women who value fashion over common sense.

Carlin's recent pictures from a Colorado ski vacation, in which she is wearing ripped jeans, exposed ankles, and not a glove or mitten to be seen,, is yet another example for me. Child, you are in the snow--dress accordingly.  To her, the world is just a climate controlled Instagram stage.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

As I get older and more practical, I have less and less patience for young women who value fashion over common sense.

Carlin's recent pictures from a Colorado ski vacation, in which she is wearing ripped jeans, exposed ankles, and not a glove or mitten to be seen,, is yet another example for me. Child, you are in the snow--dress accordingly.  To her, the world is just a climate controlled Instagram stage.

I live in Canada, where there is plenty of snow in winter; and I remember very well my teen years, when it was trendy and popular to NOT dress accordingly during winter, of course no glove, no scarf, anything. We had tiny waist coats, would literally wear sneakers to school, with our 2000's bell bottom jeans dragging in the muddy slushy snow. When I think about it now, I really don't know how we could walk around like this at -15 celsius. But we did.

And believe me, now in my 30s, I wear tall sturdy boots, thermic socks, a scarf up to my nose, a ''tuque'' ;) (beanie hat) and a very warm coat.

Maybe it's just Carlin rebelling and going through her teenage ''I can brave the cold'' phase because she couldn't do it when she really was a teen.?

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Maybe it's just Carlin rebelling and going through her teenage ''I can brave the cold'' phase because she couldn't do it when she really was a teen.?

Sadly, there are old videos of Bates girls in the snow wearing flip flops and poor coats/light jackets. Carlin was still a kid then.  Bates life years ago was just miserable.

• Upvote 6

I can totally see Carlin posing in a hip (completely unsuitable) outfit in the snow and right after approving the photo going back in to “take care” of Layla and stay inside and drink hot chocolate:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I also think this is a product of living in a warmer climate plus car culture. I have family members who live in the south (similar to Tennessee) and most of them don’t own warm boots or parkas and never wear hats or gloves. It only occasionally gets below freezing and when it does, they’re always getting in and out of a car to go somewhere or staying inside. It’s not the same as living somewhere like Vermont or Colorado with months of snow on the ground, or even a moderately cold city where you have to walk or take public transportation and dress for the weather. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Yes, this is definitely true. I live in the south and the heaviest coat I own is a wool pea coat. I have a beanie but only very rarely wear it. I don't have gloves or a scarf. If I moved to Canada, I would probably freeze to death because I don't know how to dress for anything much less than freezing.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Johannah said:

I also think this is a product of living in a warmer climate plus car culture. I have family members who live in the south (similar to Tennessee) and most of them don’t own warm boots or parkas and never wear hats or gloves. It only occasionally gets below freezing and when it does, they’re always getting in and out of a car to go somewhere or staying inside. It’s not the same as living somewhere like Vermont or Colorado with months of snow on the ground, or even a moderately cold city where you have to walk or take public transportation and dress for the weather. 

I am living in Georgia but recently interviewed for a job in Indiana. They teased that I would get more than 2 weeks use out of my gloves and boots that I have had for years - just in case. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Johannah said:

good point about car culture. Pre-pandemic, my commute included standing on an outdoor commuter train platform, and a half mile walk, no matter the weather.  Heavy rain? 14 degrees (F) with wind? Too bad, suck it up.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I am living in Georgia but recently interviewed for a job in Indiana. They teased that I would get more than 2 weeks use out of my gloves and boots that I have had for years - just in case. 

To be fair I live in the Midwest and I never wear my gloves because they are cumbersome. It’s not unusual to go to the grocery store and see plenty of people without coats/hats/gloves in the parking lot. Some days it’s just more work than it’s worth even when you live much of the year in a cold, snowy climate. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

To be fair I live in the Midwest and I never wear my gloves because they are cumbersome. It’s not unusual to go to the grocery store and see plenty of people without coats/hats/gloves in the parking lot. Some days it’s just more work than it’s worth even when you live much of the year in a cold, snowy climate. 

As we are both retired, we are in the comfortable position of not having to leave the house when the weather is bad, even though we live in Colorado. I still hang onto the foul weather gear I used when we still had a place with horses. I keep it for two reasons:

1) If, my partner or I has a medical emergency, I will not leave the house in a blizzard without appropriate gear. The hospital is five minutes away on a nice day. 

2) If I have a friend who needs assistance during a blizzard, I need the gear to get to them safely. I have an AWD vehicle and am decent at driving it. Autumn of 2019, I took one friend to her hip replacement surgery during a snowstorm. I didn't enjoy it, but I got there and back with no difficulties.

But for the usual running errands (at least when I ran errands pre-pandemic) I rarely wear more than a light jacket during winter. But I do make sure I have gloves and a ski hood in the car. On sunny days with no wind, I don't even wear the jacket between the car and the store. 

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

But for the usual running errands (at least when I ran errands pre-pandemic) I rarely wear more than a light jacket during winter. But I do make sure I have gloves and a ski hood in the car. On sunny days with no wind, I don't even wear the jacket between the car and the store. 

I have only lived in Florida and Southern California.  I wear a light jacket when it's below 70 deg!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Evans most recent IG story is worth a watch. They didn’t even know where their baby was and found her in the laundry room with a box of donuts. 

How do you not know where your 1 year old is in your house?

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 4

13 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Evans most recent IG story is worth a watch. They didn’t even know where their baby was and found her in the laundry room with a box of donuts. 

Seriously, it's not even that big of a place. Aren't they still living in that little bitty rental that Michaela and Brandon rejected for being too small? Not to mention that's not even a laundry room since their laundry is in their kitchen. The place has two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a living that opens into the kitchen/dining/laundry area.

When I first had my girls at home I was not about to let them roam and end up face down in a toilet or something like that.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Seriously, it's not even that big of a place. Aren't they still living in that little bitty rental that Michaela and Brandon rejected for being too small? Not to mention that's not even a laundry room since their laundry is in their kitchen. The place has two bedrooms, one bathroom, and a living that opens into the kitchen/dining/laundry area.

When I first had my girls at home I was not about to let them roam and end up face down in a toilet or something like that.  

Not to mention there is also a brand new puppy in the house. Most pet owners I know wouldn’t want a tiny puppy running unsupervised in an unfamiliar house, let alone a puppy and an actual human child. The risk is astounding. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 2/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, FiveAcres said:

Autumn of 2019, I took one friend to her hip replacement surgery during a snowstorm. I didn't enjoy it, but I got there and back with no difficulties.

Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

And TBH, most of these photos are likely staged, but...The Stewarts just come off as very, very immature. And a puppy? Yes, good luck with that. We are an old couple and I’m retired, and a new puppy is no joke. Ours (7 months) is currently experiencing sleep regression and is up multiple times a nights. She is kicking our old asses.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And TBH, most of these photos are likely staged, but...The Stewarts just come off as very, very immature. And a puppy? Yes, good luck with that. We are an old couple and I’m retired, and a new puppy is no joke. Ours (7 months) is currently experiencing sleep regression and is up multiple times a nights. She is kicking our old asses.

Heck my husband and I are just a couple years older than they are, and our three-month-old puppy is kicking our butts! I can’t imagine trying to train our puppy and take care of a baby at the same time. I mean clearly from their stories you can see that they aren’t paying the best attention to Layla, but to add a dog to the mix? That’s just incredibly stupid and I feel like they only did it because it looks good for their YouTube channel and their Instagram. Because there’s no way they truly knew how much work a dog would be and are committing to that on top of having a kid. Plus, I saw in the comments that Carlin said that the puppy they got was a mini golden doodle so they probably paid thousands of dollars just so that they could have a special designer mini dog, which to each their own, but it just adds to my thought that this is only to fit their aesthetic. 

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, artdecades said:

Maybe it was staged? How can a 1 year old pick a donut box? Do they store the food on the floor or what? It's not even funny, and Evan didn't react. He should have taken the donuts away! Letting toddlers touch/destroy their food to learn to eat is one thing, letting them destroy food as a game is a very different one. In addition, there is a puppy and sugar is very dangerous for puppies! The dog could have eaten the donuts!

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic