IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Sometimes I feel like I'm 14 inside. Other times I realize I'm turned into an prim church lady. Looking at Layla's bare-chested Sunday outfit has my disapproving old lady Methodist voice saying "Mercy! Put a shirt on that child! You are in the House of the Lord!"?

The non-practicing Jewish girl in me is having a similar reaction. We had to cover up, including hats, gloves, etc. It made summers very uncomfortable. Not as uncomfortable as my non-Jewish relatives judging, but still. 

The temps have been mild over the past weekend, but that would appear to be more of an appropriate outfit for summer than 60-70 degree weather. At that age I dressed my girls in layers simply because one always seemed to be cold and the other was channeling her inner stripper and loved to shed things. I used to have to cut the feet out of her pajamas and put them on her backwards. I just hear my mother's voice, "put some clothes on that baby. She's close to the floor and it's colder down there."

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Willow has been wearing those overalls (dungarees?) that show the chest. I find them uncomfortable, even in summer, because the straps fall all the time. Now, my BEC comment: from an aesthetic perspective, I think those kind of overalls look better with a T-shirt or a blouse. Willow and Layla look half dressed. Very very cute but not my style.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 10

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Willow has been wearing those overalls (dungarees?) that show the chest. I find them uncomfortable, even in summer, because the straps fall all the time. Now, my BEC comment: from an aesthetic perspective, I think those kind of overalls look better with a T-shirt or a blouse. Willow and Layla look half dressed. Very very cute but not my style.

I just think its ridiculous that Layla has old-fashioned shoes and knitted tights on, but is half naked from the waist up. It's like Royal Family Edwardian-era baby on the bottom, free-range hippie baby on top.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Since they think molestation and pedophilia are so common in their cult, I'd think they would want their daughters wearing shirts out and about.

Not sure the Bateses have ever said that, although their father did cover up for Gothard, but the Duggars did. God, everyone in that cult is so creepy. I'm probably more sensitive to it after watching a very creepy video of yellow polka dot bikini on YouTube with my daughter today (we dance to 50s music a lot). Not sure I can ever listen to it again.

• Downvote 4
  • WTF 3

New story up. Carlin walks into the living room and Layla has climbed into a box. Lots of how'd you get in there, did you get in there by yourself, you have a new toy. 

Spoiler

image.png.0f78ad23337f026ff52f0b8673a99fd6.png

Carlin walks over to help her out, Layla fusses, Mom keeps filming.

Layla starts rocking the box back and forth. Mom keeps filming. Can you guess what happened! It doesn't take a rocket scientist. Maybe just someone who could put that phone away for 5 damn minutes. (Layla is OK). And shouldn't that baby be in bed?

Spoiler

image.png.74b54b5c862e51d9e28d0e95e7ffd0db.png

She did hit her head on the floor, but misses the plant stand. Thank goodness.

Edited by Mom to Nell
Spelling!
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 5

Carlin has 10 (10!) younger siblings. Yet she acts as if she knew nothing about babies.

• Upvote 13

6 hours ago, Mom to Nell said:

New story up. Carlin walks into the living room and Layla has climbed into a box. Lots of how'd you get in there, did you get in there by yourself, you have a new toy. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0f78ad23337f026ff52f0b8673a99fd6.png

Carlin walks over to help her out, Layla fusses, Mom keeps filming.

Layla starts rocking the box back and forth. Mom keeps filming. Can you guess what happened! It doesn't take a rocket scientist. Maybe just someone who could put that phone away for 5 damn minutes. (Layla is OK). And shouldn't that baby be in bed?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.74b54b5c862e51d9e28d0e95e7ffd0db.png

She did hit her head on the floor, but misses the plant stand. Thank goodness.

Honestly? I might have let my child fall over too (putting her away from objects behind her and maybe putting a blanket behind her). Would I film it for the internet ? No way.

Re: their children’s clothing aesthetic: they are clearly channeling a sweetened 1800/1900 farmhouse/Anne of Green Gables look. It’s a fitting jump from the Boho concept and is getting more and more popular. Old fashioned bonnets were just the start. Vintage children furniture, knee socks, vintage leather shoes, vintage toys. It’s extremely interesting because it ties in with the matching naming trend here. Another good analogy is the Astrid Lindgreen universe around Michael and Bullerbü. That fits the aesthetic as well. Maybe because those books and films were definitely staples around the mid thirties that are no having children and emulating it. And we see the rise of cottage core, light/dark academia and vintage (especially Victorian) clothes.

I will say though- the second one of them uses anything around the academia trend I might have to actually scream. 

• Upvote 13

42 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Re: their children’s clothing aesthetic: they are clearly channeling a sweetened 1800/1900 farmhouse/Anne of Green Gables look. It’s a fitting jump from the Boho concept and is getting more and more popular. Old fashioned bonnets were just the start. Vintage children furniture, knee socks, vintage leather shoes, vintage toys. It’s extremely interesting because it ties in with the matching naming trend here

Conservative-posh Spanish moms have been dressing their kids in expensive clothes that emulates 1930-1950 style, bonnets included. I didn't know current fashion was 1900. Maybe in five years we'll see children dressed with medieval tunics haha.

If Carlin is going for that look, she definitely should put a blouse under the toddler overalls. 

• Upvote 12

3 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Conservative-posh Spanish moms have been dressing their kids in expensive clothes that emulates 1930-1950 style, bonnets included. I didn't know current fashion was 1900. Maybe in five years we'll see children dressed with medieval tunics haha.

I saw a lot of these moms when I studied in Seville 10 years ago. I always felt like they coordinated their kids outfits with the lipstick they wore and the diaper bag they used that day.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I saw a lot of these moms when I studied in Seville 10 years ago. I always felt like they coordinated their kids outfits with the lipstick they wore and the diaper bag they used that day.

You nailed it! It's very typical in Sevilla, in Madrid and it some northern cities. However, in Barcelona, where I live, kids fashion is very informal.

• Upvote 7

Layla went to the doctor and got her shots based on her bandaids. Considering most fundies are anti vax, that was a happy surprise. 

• Upvote 12

51 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Layla went to the doctor and got her shots based on her bandaids. Considering most fundies are anti vax, that was a happy surprise. 

I think the Duggars, Rods, and Bateses aren’t anti-vaccine. But I’m betting they won’t get the covid vaccine. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I think there is a massive spectrum between pro- and anti-vacc. Some “only” delay, others choose not-mixed vaccines when possible (which will lengthen the progress), some skip certain vaccines but do others....

So they are not against vaccines in general but we have really no idea what exactly their stance is. But that’s true even for most people we actually know isn’t it?

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, rexasaurus_nirb said:

I was wondering if any of them would get or have gotten the Covid Vaccine. 

I've noticed that none of them have posted about it.  Zach surely would have gotten one as a law enforcement officer. In many parts of the US, we've been encouraged to post about getting the vaccine, to encourage others to do so.

And yes, you should get the vaccine even if you had COVID-19 already.

• Upvote 6

Ugh these people are so irresponsible. Carlin posts to her stories that her medically delicate child isn’t feeling well so they are staying in and then a few hours later she is filming them all at the big Bates house for a big party with Layla. And again today with the kid climbing all over stuff at the gym. 

I can’t with these people. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Lawson went off on twitter about how he would never get the covid vaccine.

And this is why I support  airlines imposing vaccine requirements.  Enjoy your future vacays, Lawson.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

Has anyone watched their new "day in the life" video? Its actually not too obnoxious. Evan, for whatever a fame whore he is, is actually pretty hardworking with a real job, compared to many other fundie dudes we've seen.

This is one of the first videos I've watched in full, I cant tell if I find the transition slides ("later on" and "at the same time" in an exaggerated accent) funny or obnoxious.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, raayx01 said:

They have a new video about Layla's eye. Why would you go to the park and let the dog run around without a leash

What’s up with her eye? 
and because they are dickheads! Lol

She has a stye.  Sounds like it isn’t the first one.  As with other things, they were a bit over the top about it.  It was in the video title likely as click bait.  Part of the video was Evan getting new glasses and Carlin wishing she had glasses.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

On 3/18/2021 at 11:09 PM, Mom to Nell said:

And shouldn't that baby be in bed?

Just wondering what time it was ? I had a cousin in law put her baby to bed at 6:30 pm and we on the other hand put ours to bed between 8:30 to 8:45 pm, as that is what worked for us. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sansan said:

Just wondering what time it was ? I had a cousin in law put her baby to bed at 6:30 pm and we on the other hand put ours to bed between 8:30 to 8:45 pm, as that is what worked for us. 

I went back and checked. At the time she posted it was 10:00, which was the reason for my comment. I don't post on IG so I forget the lag time (especially if you are JRod and weeks can go by!). On the picture however, the time stamp was 8:08, so I guess not so late. The other thing I thought at the time was Carlin had put her in the box and then pretended to be surprised to see her in there for PICTURES! and it back fired (sort of) when Layla fell over.

Edited by Mom to Nell
  • Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic