IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

3 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Seriously, Carlin? Anabiotic? What on Earth was Kelly doing homeschooling her kids?

BE855687-1A89-4669-83FE-F5997157F11D.jpeg

I see someone went to the JRod school of pic filtering.  Why do people think they look more attractive if half of their nose is erased like a wannabe Voldemort mid-transfiguration?

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Seriously, Carlin? Anabiotic? What on Earth was Kelly doing homeschooling her kids?

BE855687-1A89-4669-83FE-F5997157F11D.jpeg

Even if her education failed her, why do these people never just Google how to spell something before publishing it on a public platform??? (see: mid-evil)

Also, Carlin strikes me as someone who could have been a goth tortured soul stereotypical theater kid type if she hadn’t been raised fundie. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Also, Carlin strikes me as someone who could have been a goth tortured soul stereotypical theater kid type if she hadn’t been raised fundie

Actually, she was a depressed teen. She suffered anxiety and other issues. Kelly and Gil just made her pray and, apparently, she overcame her problems. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 17
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

Girl, is that like an Anabaptist? Also, is that a string of drool in her mouth?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Actually, she was a depressed teen. She suffered anxiety and other issues. Kelly and Gil just made her pray and, apparently, she overcame her problems. 

That is probably another reason why her and joy are close. So sad they they didn’t get help. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

20 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Why are they all dying their hair blond? Is anyone in the family actually blond?

Because it's fashionable right now and these women didn't get to experiment with fashion or their looks as teens.

And yes, Callie is naturally true blond. Erin and Josie are naturally dirty/dark blonde.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Because it's fashionable right now and these women didn't get to experiment with fashion or their looks as teens.

And yes, Callie is naturally true blond. Erin and Josie are naturally dirty/dark blonde.

Judson is blond as well. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Why are they all dying their hair blond? Is anyone in the family actually blond?

Josie and Katie were honey blonde. Callie, Judson and Nathan are blonde too. 

Erin has always appeared in the show with very light hair, because she was allowed to dye hair from very young ages, but her childhood pictures show a brown haired kid. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Quite a few of the kids were blonde as toddlers. Ellie and Addallee for example. Their hair darkened after about age 3. The three boys together who I mix up all the time...one or more of them too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Also, they have two professional cosmetologists in the family (Josie and Katie). I might have a different hair color every month if my sister was a cosmetologist! : )

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I do feel a bit sorry for these folks. They have this media presence which so easily exposes their deficiencies. Anabiotic. Holy Moly. This from a mother of a child who has some medical needs.

• Upvote 18

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I do feel a bit sorry for these folks. They have this media presence which so easily exposes their deficiencies. Anabiotic. Holy Moly. This from a mother of a child who has some medical needs.

Confession - a few years ago I was passing out randomly with no real reason for it that could be easily distinguished. My doctor referred to syncope and syncopal episodes. He never wrote it out and I only heard him mention it to me. I was sent to a neurologist for evaluation. The neurologist asked me to write out my symptoms. I wrote that I was having "sinkable" episodes. I have five degrees. Needless to say I was incredibly embarrassed when he pointed out my error. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

Oh boy, that's a new one for me. I love hearing what clients say for medical issues when they come in so I'll have to keep my ears open for that one. I'm a vet so I also get amazing breeds variations, for example the rockwelder (a large black and tan breed) and the chuhwowa. It's not like those are spelled like they sound anyway so I just enjoy them and move on.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

Warning: Extreme BEC Posting.

I can't think of a more useless pair of toddler clothing than Layla's ripped up jeans.

[also, I get cold in airports/on planes, I hope they covered her with something when she was in her carrier]

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMIQSyjBxc7/

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 22

Pretty reckless of them to take a child who has health issues on a non-essential trip (via airplane no less) during a pandemic. Especially when that travel is to a state that is taking the pandemic lightly (to put it very gently). But I guess we should not be surprised ....

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 1

Add me to the BEC with regards to the ripped jeans. And a story from a few days ago where Carlin was cooking with Layla sitting on the counter right next to the stove. Burn injury waiting to happen.

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Add me to the BEC with regards to the ripped jeans. And a story from a few days ago where Carlin was cooking with Layla sitting on the counter right next to the stove. Burn injury waiting to happen.

I don't see this as BEC, but that's my opinion. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5

We don't even drink hot tea or coffee while holding our baby... too easy for her to flail and smack the cup and it made me nervous. It could certainly be done (not a hill I'd be willing to die on) but a burner or pots of hot food, noooope. You can't take back a bad burn. Or a dog bite, so I hope they're being careful with the puppy and Layla. Children really can test even the most patient dog.

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

We don't even drink hot tea or coffee while holding our baby... too easy for her to flail and smack the cup and it made me nervous. It could certainly be done (not a hill I'd be willing to die on) but a burner or pots of hot food, noooope. You can't take back a bad burn. Or a dog bite, so I hope they're being careful with the puppy and Layla. Children really can test even the most patient dog.

In her stories today Carlin is filming Layla with a Mickey/Minnie (I couldn't tell) stuffed doll. Puppy runs up, grabs it out of her hands and gets under couch. Layla reaches under couch and starts a tug of war with Pup (Mom keeps filming). Luckily Evan's home, runs up and reaches under for the doll. Pup won't let go and Evan backs off. I couldn't hear if Pup growled because Carlin's playing music with the vid, but Evan gets back under, gets the doll, gives it back to Layla and shakes his finger at the dog. 

I just can't with these two. I had scars for years on my arm where our sweet natured dog bit me when I was just a little older than Layla. 

Did they say they were dog training? Lesson number one for Mom. PUT DOWN YOUR F'ING PHONE. 

• Upvote 19
  • WTF 3

13 minutes ago, Mom to Nell said:

In her stories today Carlin is filming Layla with a Mickey/Minnie (I couldn't tell) stuffed doll. Puppy runs up, grabs it out of her hands and gets under couch. Layla reaches under couch and starts a tug of war with Pup (Mom keeps filming). Luckily Evan's home, runs up and reaches under for the doll. Pup won't let go and Evan backs off. I couldn't hear if Pup growled because Carlin's playing music with the vid, but Evan gets back under, gets the doll, gives it back to Layla and shakes his finger at the dog. 

I just can't with these two. I had scars for years on my arm where our sweet natured dog bit me when I was just a little older than Layla. 

Did they say they were dog training? Lesson number one for Mom. PUT DOWN YOUR F'ING PHONE. 

And if you take into consideration how Evan and Carlin responded to L’s earlier episode of apnea, and their words of “not knowing what to do”, you know that neither of them would manage well in an emergency situation. Poor Layla, her parents are clueless.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

Didn't they purchase the puppy from the Amish? They are notorious puppy mill breeders and I have certainly seen behavioral issues from their puppies in practice (I am a vet in the northeast). I'm not saying that they have an aggressive puppy on their hands but they may have a bit more work than a puppy from a reputable breeder who was selected for temperament and socialized to people/animals/places from a very young age. Since I assume they're idiots, I imagine they will fail that poor puppy.

• Upvote 20

All of the above - this is a biting accident waiting to happen. Plus, a hygiene disaster - having both Layla and the puppy drool over the toy and then hand it back to the baby? I'm not a germaphobe, but that's just disgusting to me. Dogs sniff and lick everything, and they do get worms and other parasites, which I wouldn't want my baby to ingest.

And yes, I've had dogs all my life. I love dogs, I really do. But I've always been careful to wash my hands between touching them and touching food, and I hate having them lick my face. I'd be even more careful with a baby.

• Upvote 15

I don’t have kids but three years ago my ex and I got a puppy. He’s a newfoundland. Puppies bite, not meaning to do harm they are just playing. You have to teach them it’s not okay to bite. Dogs want to do the right thing they just don’t always know how. My dog had an issue with jumping too. When he was 20 lbs not a huge deal but we knew he would get bigger. He loves kids and other animals so we started telling him no. 
they have a lot of work on their hands. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

In 6 or 8 months we'll be reading a sad story about how they had to rehome their dog because it was biting Layla.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic