IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe it was staged? How can a 1 year old pick a donut box? Do they store the food on the floor or what? It's not even funny, and Evan didn't react. He should have taken the donuts away! Letting toddlers touch/destroy their food to learn to eat is one thing, letting them destroy food as a game is a very different one. In addition, there is a puppy and sugar is very dangerous for puppies! The dog could have eaten the donuts!

It’s a sad state of affairs when we’re hoping for something on Instagram to be staged. I just can’t imagine how that would go: 
Evan: You know what would be cool and interesting for IG? If we lost our daughter (who can’t walk herself yet) in our itty bitty house.

Carlin: Yeah, babe. And she should have donuts with her in the laundry room, because wouldn’t it be funny to imagine a 1-year old stealing donuts and hiding?

At no point was there any thought to what is developmentally appropriate.  Chances are, once the daughter is 2 or 3, they’ll have enough experiences like that anyway.

Not sure what makes them look beteten, staging it, or being  are less enough for it to happen.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 2/3/2021 at 4:05 PM, artdecades said:

She posted that she was skiing on her trip so let’s hope she isn’t pregnant. 

I would hope her being in the hot tub would show she's not pregnant,  but...do the Bates know you're not supposed to be in a hot tub when pregnant? Was Josie in it?

• Upvote 5

I assume they are not going to train the puppy. They will probably just put her outside when she needs to poo or pee and not train her any further. Most people who get pets on a whim are like that in my experience. I hate it. 

Also, pet peeve: they call the puppy Layla's puppy. Layla is way too young to own her own pet. She's one, she can't take care of herself, which means she can't take care of another living creature. At this point, the dog is a family dog and I would much rather they call it as such: a family dog. In my mind, that would make the entire family hopefully act more responsibly, but with these two I doubt it. 
But in general, I hate it when people gift small children pets with the intention of that pet really being the child's pet (and I especially hate it when kid's are gifted pets by family members or friends without having discussed this with the parents). They can't take care of themselves so they definitely can't take care of another living creature. The parents need to take care of the pet for the child, which means it's a family pet. We had a bunny when I was 5. I got the bunny for my birthday, but it was made clear that the bunny was for the entire family and that we were all responsible for it (our "tasks" were based on our abilities at that age). For instance: my parents ALWAYS supervised when we were around the bunny, and they cleaned the cage. We 'helped' cleaning the cage: we handed the parent who was doing the cleaning the garbage bag, we hung the (cleaned and filled by a parent) water bottle back in the cage, and we were asked to "inspect" if we thought the cage was now clean enough en if we thought there was enough hay there for the bunny. So, age appropriate tasks. But my parents were responsible for the bunny. And my parents were and are still responsible pet owners: they read up about pet specific care, and don't buy a pet on a whim. They always train their dogs. (My parents' dogs are always very well trained, which for some reason always surprises people: "Oh wow! She listen's so well!" That shouldn't be strange imo.)

Pets are living creatures and shouldn't be bought on a whim. They deserve to be well taken care of. They aren't objects or asseccories and should never be treated as such.
Rant over.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 7

I do think its really cute to see dogs with babies, but the dogs are usually older, not puppies and kind of act like a protector to the baby. I don't think they got this dog for Layla but for cute instagram pics with Layla, the same reason I only think they had Layla was for instagram pics. If your going to get a puppy for a child wait til there a little bit older so they can learn responsibility

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I hate hearing stuff like “I got my 6 year old a puppy but he didn’t take it out every 2 hours and feed it every time so we had to get rid of the puppy”. If you are getting your kid a pet, you should fully expect to have to provide the majority of care. Kids can have age appropriate chores but the fate of a pet’s future should not depend on a 6 year old. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

There can also be pets that are more age appropriate than a dog for younger children. Not a 1 year old, clearly, but a 6 or 8 year old can learn responsibility with, say, a goldfish in a small tank that only requires feeding once a day and cleaning the tank on a schedule. They may still need help with cleaning the tank, but it's more age appropriate for a younger child vs, a dog that you have to feed multiple times a day, walk multiple times a day, house train, let out, pick up after, etc. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Growing up all the pets were family pets but my siblings and I still claimed one of them as ours. I got a cat when I was 8, she was a birthday present from the family. Our family dog at the time was my younger brothers because she followed him around and protected him. She came to us before he was born. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I noticed in one of Carlin's Instagram Stories over the weekend that the puppy slipped out when she and Layla greeted Evan at the door. I've never had a dog, but I would imagine you don't want your new puppy wandering the neighbourhood... but nope, gotta get those stories for the 'gram!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

I noticed in one of Carlin's Instagram Stories over the weekend that the puppy slipped out when she and Layla greeted Evan at the door. I've never had a dog, but I would imagine you don't want your new puppy wandering the neighbourhood... but nope, gotta get those stories for the 'gram!

I saw that one. She had gotten her hair cut and colored. "Everyone" told her it was so dramatic of a change that she needed to record Evan's reaction. He walks in and greets her and sort of watches as the puppy ran out the door. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I saw that one. She had gotten her hair cut and colored. "Everyone" told her it was so dramatic of a change that she needed to record Evan's reaction. He walks in and greets her and sort of watches as the puppy ran out the door. 

Excuse me while I facepalm repeatedly.

They should not have a pet. Especially if it's supposed to be "Layla's". She's 1. The best gift is her not becoming an older sister before her 2nd birthday.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

8 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Excuse me while I facepalm repeatedly.

They should not have a pet. Especially if it's supposed to be "Layla's". She's 1. The best gift is her not becoming an older sister before her 2nd birthday.

We got our first dog when we were 30 years old. It kicked my ass in the beginning, when I'd come home after a long day of work and experience non-stop zoomies. That is, until my husband would come home from work later at night, when she would become the perfect little peaceful good girl pup.

Good thing we have a feline headship. He keeps us all in form.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

My husband got his dog when our daughter was 1.  We talked about it extensively and agreed that he could get the dog if he spent the time to train it and take care of it.  I wasn’t about to commit to doing more than let the dog out during the day, while taking care of a three year old and a one year old.  He got the dog and took her to puppy classes for three months.  He also took her to work with him (he was working on a farm at the time), and spent most of the day training her while he worked.  She is absolutely a wonderful dog now and seriously the best behaved dog I’ve ever seen in my life... and I still wouldn’t leave her unsupervised with my new baby.  My daughter are now 6 and 8, and have grown up with the dog, but she is still my husband’s dog.  It’s a beautiful relationship, but the amount of work and time that went into training her properly was daunting.  

These are the sort of shenanigans my daughter got into with the dog at our house. (Don’t worry, it was just water in the bottle, and I promptly cleaned it after taking the picture)

A9E753E9-408E-407C-9092-DC8E1D9574AD.jpeg

• Upvote 15
  • Love 20

5 hours ago, treehugger said:

My husband got his dog when our daughter was 1.  We talked about it extensively and agreed that he could get the dog if he spent the time to train it and take care of it.  I wasn’t about to commit to doing more than let the dog out during the day, while taking care of a three year old and a one year old.  He got the dog and took her to puppy classes for three months.  He also took her to work with him (he was working on a farm at the time), and spent most of the day training her while he worked.  She is absolutely a wonderful dog now and seriously the best behaved dog I’ve ever seen in my life... and I still wouldn’t leave her unsupervised with my new baby.  My daughter are now 6 and 8, and have grown up with the dog, but she is still my husband’s dog.  It’s a beautiful relationship, but the amount of work and time that went into training her properly was daunting.  

These are the sort of shenanigans my daughter got into with the dog at our house. (Don’t worry, it was just water in the bottle, and I promptly cleaned it after taking the picture)

A9E753E9-408E-407C-9092-DC8E1D9574AD.jpeg

Well would not judge you if you had not of washed it, and she then put straight in her mouth, I may or may not have just had a chuckle when my daughter shared the mint chew toy with her "cousin" Chihuahua..... Mother of the year award for me lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 4

The amount of food my toddler let our dog lick and then put back into his mouth to eat...meh, kids are gross. ??‍♀️ My son called our dog "his dog" all the time. Sadly she had to be put down right before Christmas at 13, and we're getting another soon (who is 6 and retired from a breeder, so not a puppy). He and us refer to her has "his new doggy" but of course he's not expected to take care of it. He's 3, he things everything is his. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 5

Carlin wants to name the puppy Rue....as in they'll rue the day they got a puppy for a one year old? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Carlin wants to name the puppy Rue....as in they'll rue the day they got a puppy for a one year old? 

Far far too subtle for Carlin. I think that Rue is a nice name. Wasn’t the little girl in “”The Hunger Games” (the one who climbed trees and whistled and was killed) called Rue? I would be amazed if either Carlin or Evan has read the book.

• Upvote 6

The Internet has spoken: the puppy has been named Izzy Rue.

Rue was the little girl in The Hunger Games... and I too would be amazed if Carlin or Evan had ever read that book.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

The Internet has spoken: the puppy has been named Izzy Rue.

Rue was the little girl in The Hunger Games... and I too would be amazed if Carlin or Evan had ever read that book.

I don't see them reading any fictional book thb, but they might have watched the movie.

• Upvote 9

I know they just copy and paste the ad text but this is so ridiculous to me. They have had the dog for like a week but I’m sure you have noticed so much change.  The laziness really is representative of them  

C93EC7EA-A808-4E6B-ACB5-5A9BD131539C.png

Edited by artdecades
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 12
  • Love 1

@artdecades Usually when switching to healthier food people say they notice an uptick in their dog's energy, but I don't think that would happen with a puppy, soooo... I'm really curious what "changes" they witnessed. 

But now they have a dog sponsorship, and I think they've had some baby sponsorships... they just need a cat to start advertising an all natural cat food.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

When we switched our kitten food we immediately realized that their poop changed. And the change was for the better... no more details needed.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

I sure hope that food is formulated for growth/puppies. You can't navigate their website without giving your email and since I dislike boutique food brands I will not be doing that. I'd really rather people not spend $100/mo on food and then have nothing to set aside for emergencies.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

On 1/31/2021 at 12:40 AM, BullyJBG said:

Layla's interactions with Evie are as such that Carlin would say "she's not ready for a baby sister"..........Another step in the pregnancy speculation, huh?

I saw on a Bates Tumblr that I found through Dugger Data that Carlin posted on her IG stories in January where she responded to someone asking about baby #2 with "maybe next year." It sounds like maybe they are waiting till Layla's 2? I wonder if it was choice between a puppy or another baby and a puppy won. 

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic