IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

In the latest YT video Carlin mentions the reason they have hired a dog trainer it is that they will be having more babies, so i wouldnt be so hopeful about them waiting for baby 2 that much.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

It’s all fine and dandy to hire a dog trainer, but I sure hope at least one them is involved in the lessons and classes.  Well trained dogs will listen but they do best if their owner is heavily involved in the training.  

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, treehugger said:

It’s all fine and dandy to hire a dog trainer, but I sure hope at least one them is involved in the lessons and classes.  Well trained dogs will listen but they do best if their owner is heavily involved in the training.  

The dog trainer went to their home to teach them, i dont know if it was just for the video or if its how he usually works. they did some promotion of his bussiness.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

On 2/11/2021 at 11:46 AM, Vivi_music said:

I live in Canada, where there is plenty of snow in winter; and I remember very well my teen years, when it was trendy and popular to NOT dress accordingly during winter, of course no glove, no scarf, anything. We had tiny waist coats, would literally wear sneakers to school, with our 2000's bell bottom jeans dragging in the muddy slushy snow. When I think about it now, I really don't know how we could walk around like this at -15 celsius. But we did.

And believe me, now in my 30s, I wear tall sturdy boots, thermic socks, a scarf up to my nose, a ''tuque'' ;) (beanie hat) and a very warm coat.

Maybe it's just Carlin rebelling and going through her teenage ''I can brave the cold'' phase because she couldn't do it when she really was a teen.?

Same. Except instead of sneakers, I was wearing impractical platform heels in the ice and snow and often with tiny skirts, even in January and February. And I hated wearing a coat and usually had many screaming matches with my mother over it. Now in my 30s, I wear appropriate footwear and a nice warm coat. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, llucie said:

In the latest YT video Carlin mentions the reason they have hired a dog trainer it is that they will be having more babies, so i wouldnt be so hopeful about them waiting for baby 2 that much.

Yeah, I think people are overly eager to interpret a passing comment to mean one of these couples isn't quiverfull.  Especially since Bateses have been purposefully misleading about this to seem more normal. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

On 2/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I sure hope that food is formulated for growth/puppies. You can't navigate their website without giving your email and since I dislike boutique food brands I will not be doing that. I'd really rather people not spend $100/mo on food and then have nothing to set aside for emergencies.

I highly doubt they are using it beyond the freebie they got for the ad. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Oh my word. The I love you day had some sort of theme, Carlin and her family are dressed as The Lion King. It's... something. 

She said in her stories it’s a zoo theme. Why not just call it halloween and be done with it. I know it’s for the show and all but dressing up in costumes is not in the spirit of Valentine’s Day. What do I know? ?‍♀️

• Upvote 12

Honestly it looks pretty half hearted. A Lot of the family didn’t look to even have bothered to dress up.... 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Im shocked they didn't rent out a place like they did for Layla's birthday. The last two years they rented out a space to have the party

Longer than that. I'm speculating this may be because they are being image aware and don't want to be overly ostentatious on camera with COVID, etc. I'm also guessing not everyone will come. Alyssa is probably at home. Gil's family isn't there. Kelly's mom appears to frail to be in the middle of all that. Erin and crew don't appear but maybe appear later. 

My theory was they partied in Colorado and this was just for the show. 

• Upvote 5

On 2/20/2021 at 10:43 PM, marmalade said:

$100/mo????? That's insane.

Yeah. Our old Miniature Schnauzer is on a prescription diet for one of his chronic ailments and we don't play anything near that. 

• Upvote 5

Carlin posted an ad on her Instagram stories for bedsheets. She used the excuse that her current sheets they had been using since they were married so we’re torn and stained. Um they’ve been married what, 18 months? What have they been doing to cause that sort of damage to their sheets? Pretty sure I have bedsheets that are a similar age to Carlin and are still in great condition! 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

What have they been doing to cause that sort of damage to their sheets?

I really, really don't want to know...

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

Carlin posted an ad on her Instagram stories for bedsheets. She used the excuse that her current sheets they had been using since they were married so we’re torn and stained. Um they’ve been married what, 18 months? What have they been doing to cause that sort of damage to their sheets? Pretty sure I have bedsheets that are a similar age to Carlin and are still in great condition! 

Willing to bet they were 1) cheap (when have fundies ever prioritized quality) and 2) she didn't know how to wash them correctly. I ruined a cheap duvet cover in college because I crammed too much stuff in the laundry machine and it got stuck in the drum and tore.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

I always buy bedding from The White Company (slightly biased as I used to work for them) or from the sadly no longer trading Laura Ashley. Whites are washed only with all whites. Do not overfill the machine and make sure to follow the washing instructions. I have had some duvet covers and sheets for over twenty years! I do have a bit of a “thing” about nice bed linen and have a rather full linen cupboard. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

On 1/29/2021 at 3:29 PM, SassyPants said:

I worked with a lady whose husband did not know where their kid’s elementary school was. When the kid missed the bus, he called my co-worker to find out the name and location of the school. This was pre Internet days and the kid was in Kindergarten. I do know that the school was in the next town over, so not really in Their neighborhood. Now my husband could not have told you where the kids’ pediatrician was or maybe even his name.

It was the opposite in our house. My Mom worked full-time and my Dad was the stay-at-home parent. He was the one who knew all the ins and outs of our schedules, doctors, teachers, everything. My Mom never had a clue what was going on. She went back to work 2 weeks after I was born and my entire life it sort of felt like she was a visitor that came around. I'm 37 now and she has never once gotten my birthday right. She's always either a day early or a day late.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

In today’s  IG, Carlin shows off her new purse...a gift from Alyssa’s stalker. So, Tikki? (SP) does gift multiple Sisters.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

In today’s  IG, Carlin shows off her new purse...a gift from Alyssa’s stalker. So, Tikki? (SP) does gift multiple Sisters.

If it were not for the mention of a picture with Tikki and the Bates I would be questioning whether Tikki was perhaps a creepy man on the internet pretending to be a woman whilst getting some sort of kinky enjoyment out of sending gifts and seeing them worn on social media..

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

You know, Alyssa frequently does Q&As for her YouTube channel. Someone should submit a question about who Tikky is and the nature of their relationship. Anyone volunteer?

• Upvote 2

I posted this in the Alyssa thread already because I thought that was were I saw this discussion but turns out it was here. But here it is again. Micheal just posted about her gift from tikki. I really didn’t think about the creepy man idea but it so could be. 

• Upvote 5

Wait a minute, I've seen that purse online before.  Does this Tikki person have a store on Etsy or eBay under a different name?

• Upvote 2

Did you know that Carlin's dog has an instagram account now!? I shouldn't be surprised because Layla had an instagram account before she was born... 

20210303_192713.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 11
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

My Cat has his own instagram account.  Mine is private - his is public.

Also celebrities, Vloggers, and the like often do this with their children.  It helps prevent fans from using the name and pretending their the kid. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Seriously, Carlin? Anabiotic? What on Earth was Kelly doing homeschooling her kids?

BE855687-1A89-4669-83FE-F5997157F11D.jpeg

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic