IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Prediction:

outdoor August wedding on the Bon farm.

there will be lots of men talking out of their asses during the wedding. 

Allison won’t be wearing shoes but she will wear a flower crown On her head.

There will be no talk of vasectomy reversals, praise be.

absolutely a flower crown.  and a red wagon full of toddler nieces and nephews. and hints of plaid. 

sundae bar for dessert.

possibly mason jars for the beverages.

maaaaybe even bridegrooms in jeans.

• Upvote 11

Just now, HereticHick said:

absolutely a flower crown.  and a red wagon full of toddler nieces and nephews. and hints of plaid. 

sundae bar for dessert.

possibly mason jars for the beverages.

maaaaybe even bridegrooms in jeans.

I think the Bons prefer pies over sundaes. It’s probably their Mennonite roots. I bet they will have a bunch of pies along with cake.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

I'd go just for the pies!

Me too. The Bons are one of the few fundie families that seem to value good nutrition and serve delicious food. The cheesecakes at Chelsy's wedding looked amazing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

I'd go just for the pies!

I would totally crash a Bontrager wedding with you, for the desserts. Just let me put on a necklace so I look classy and feminine

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

I have a lot of criticism for the fundamentalist beliefs of the Bonts but they do seem to be able to cook. Most of their meals look really appetizing. I'd happily eat it all.

• Upvote 7

I would be afraid I would throw up all that delicious food when Marlin Bontrager starts talking about Steve Maxwell’s scrotum.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6

Whenever the Bontragers post food pics I often ask myself, "Would I be able to sit through a meal with them and keep my mouth shut in order to eat that delicious food?" If I were to play that game with most fundie families the answer would be absolutely not; however, the Bontragers food spread often makes me wonder. They do seem to put together good things and it is always completely homemade.  I also imagine their food is especially delicious because it is often made with home grown vegetables. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would be afraid I would throw up all that delicious food when Marlin Bontrager starts talking about Steve Maxwell’s scrotum.

Maybe I could just take a plate to go?

• Upvote 13

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

Maybe I could just take a plate to go?

“We now offer curbside  pickup for our customers who wish to avoid The Scrotum Talk.”

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 27

On 7/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, usmcmom said:

An IG commenter asked about this and Allison said.....*drum roll*

YES!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!!!

My prayers are answered! Praise Rufus!!

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

As expected, per IG, Allison quit her job in May. Now she’s going to be a helpmeet she don’t need no time filler. Just like Chelsy. “Work” for precious women is just a way to kill time til their headship comes along. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

As expected, per IG, Allison quit her job in May. Now she’s going to be a helpmeet she don’t need no time filler. Just like Chelsy. “Work” for precious women is just a way to kill time til their headship comes along. 

You could always tell she actually enjoyed her job. However you could also tell that being a wife/mother trumped her job any day of the week. Getting married is her happily ever after. Let’s hope she’s not too disappointed when she gets exactly what she’s always wanted. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I just checked the Bontrager blog.  They suffered a barn fire at the farm. Nobody was injured.  That must have been so frightening and I'm so glad everyone is okay.  

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I just checked the Bontrager blog.  They suffered a barn fire at the farm. Nobody was injured.  That must have been so frightening and I'm so glad everyone is okay.  

They are very lucky no animal or person was hurt. They were likely at Gil Bates’s church when this happened. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are very lucky no animal or person was hurt. They were likely at Gil Bates’s church when this happened. 

I blame Satan. : )

I hope this didn't leave the farm compound a sooty mess, since we assume that Alison is having at least her wedding reception there.

• Upvote 7

I don’t know if this has already been picked up/mentioned, but I was watching a Bontrager performance from last month, and at the beginning when Elizabeth introduces Denver she says that he “thanks the lord every day for a certain young lady from Minnesota”. So another Bontrager marriage on the horizon? They’re certainly marrying them off with an efficiency that many other fundies would envy. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, lilith said:

I don’t know if this has already been picked up/mentioned, but I was watching a Bontrager performance from last month, and at the beginning when Elizabeth introduces Denver she says that he “thanks the lord every day for a certain young lady from Minnesota”. So another Bontrager marriage on the horizon? They’re certainly marrying them off with an efficiency that many other fundies would envy. 

Well spotted!! Do we know of any fundies from Minnesota? All aboard on the Speculation Bus!

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Well spotted!! Do we know of any fundies from Minnesota? All aboard on the Speculation Bus!

Jeremiah’s family is from there... maybe another double setup like the Bontrager/Bowers. 

I also follow the Kingerys, a singing family with 8 kids. One of their daughters is married to a Wissmann. Their youngest daughter is 22 so... maybe? I see it more plausible with someone from Jeremiah’s family.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jeremiah’s family is from there... maybe another double setup like the Bontrager/Bowers. 

I also follow the Kingerys, a singing family with 8 kids. One of their daughters is married to a Wissmann. Their youngest daughter is 22 so... maybe? I see it more plausible with someone from Jeremiah’s family.

Oh yes, I forgot about the Kingerys. They, the Wissmanns and the Bontragers have been doing singing 'family camps' or family weekends for a few years now. I think they all do the annual one at Lake Itasca (the Wissmanns usually post about it on their blog). The Bowerses have been involved as well for a couple of years. They all know each other so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Denver's 'young lady' is the youngest Kingery daughter.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Oh yes, I forgot about the Kingerys. They, the Wissmanns and the Bontragers have been doing singing 'family camps' or family weekends for a few years now. I think they all do the annual one at Lake Itasca (the Wissmanns usually post about it on their blog). The Bowerses have been involved as well for a couple of years. They all know each other so I wouldn't be surprised at all if Denver's 'young lady' is the youngest Kingery daughter.

The Lake Itasca performance was cancelled this year due to the pandemic. 

Guessing a girl from Jeremiah’s family is probably a very good guess since they’ve likely been spending a lot of time together. It has to be Susanna or Praise since I think they may be his only single sisters. Praise Bontrager is quite a name. Denver is the handsomest Bontrager so I figure it’s not hard for him to find interested fundie girls. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

Probably they will announce the engagement after Allisons wedding? Same thing happened with Chelsy after three of her brothers got married on the same weekend.

• Upvote 6

So Allison posted a blog post that is an "update" on her life. In it she mentions that she hasn't been posting a lot lately because she has been busy for "obvious reasons." What I don't understand is how they fundie girls get so busy when planning a wedding. I know they do a lot of their wedding things DIY; however, most people plan weddings while still maintaining full time jobs. These girls have absolutely nothing else to do. I guess Allison is busy with touring; however, this is a sentiment expressed by so many of these girls. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

So Allison posted a blog post that is an "update" on her life. In it she mentions that she hasn't been posting a lot lately because she has been busy for "obvious reasons." What I don't understand is how they fundie girls get so busy when planning a wedding. I know they do a lot of their wedding things DIY; however, most people plan weddings while still maintaining full time jobs. These girls have absolutely nothing else to do. I guess Allison is busy with touring; however, this is a sentiment expressed by so many of these girls. 

It’s because their lives and entire being is consumed with being a wife and mother. So when they are planning a wedding, many likely become completely consumed by it. Plus they are still in the stage of their relationship where they want to constantly talk to And hang out with their fiancé. I bet she’s texting him or talking to him all the time. She’s gotten lucky because a few of the events scheduled for her last singing tour were cancelled. That way she has more time to obsess.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m thinking they get so busy because they only get three months to plan in for most of them! I’ve been planning mine for almost three years while finishing college, getting a masters degree, and starting my first year teaching. It’s not hard to balance and I’ve done most of my planning on breaks or during the summers. But these girls don’t get that. They have to plan in the matter of a couple months, while still doing things with their family, their new family that they barely know, and they have to get to know their SO better in that time. I’d be freaking out and so busy if I had taken all my three years of planning and squeezed them into three months. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic